[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father was 20 years in 1977 when he saw Star Wars He didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: dads.jpg (282 KB, 972x949) Image search: [Google]
dads.jpg
282 KB, 972x949
My father was 20 years in 1977 when he saw Star Wars

He didn't like it very much but he finds C3-PO funny

He hates Chewbacca, those growlings annoys my father

What about your parents and Star Wars?
>>
>>62677317
My dad didn't even see it because he was raised in an Eastern Bloc country and was doing his mandatory military service in 1977
>>
No clue, as a kid I remember wanting them to rent them on VHS for me though.
>>
Jesus christ my father was born in 1972.
>>
>>62677317
It didn't involve drinking, so my dad was indifferent to it.
It didn't involve pot, so my mom was indifferent to it.
>>
>>62677317
how can you be 20years in 1977? 1977 was only one year...
>>
My dad was 16 in 1977, already too old for Star Wars I would guess. He was playing in a punk/metal band, little realizing that a scant few years later I would ruin his life by being born and forcing him to get a real job with health insurance and shit. KEK
>>
My parents live star wars
>>
>>62677317
My dad couldn't care less about star wars. His favourite film is Maverick, wich is pretty cool
>>
>feeling the need to share this

You want me to mail you some tears or something?
>>
I doubt he's even seen it, he was born in 1948, was more into stuff like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Guns of Navarone, Ben Hur, etc, those i remember him saying he saw in the theaters.
>>
>>62677618

I was referring to
>>62677505
>>
>>62677317
My dad was 21 at time and says he was really impressed by the visual effects, but can't remember anything about it except for the opening with the star destroyer. It's not really on his rader anymore. He can't even remember if he saw the sequels or not.

My mum has never sat through a sci-fi film. The whole genre is alien to her.
>>
>>62677635
>Ben Hur
Most dadcore movie in existence. Also

>born in 1948
Christ, how old are you?
>>
>>62677317
back to 9gag faggot
>>
>>62677317
As per their request, I bought tickets day one to see the first screening of TFA with my parents.
>>
>>62677667

24. Watched it on bluray with him a couple of years back, was my first time seeing it i have to admit.
>>
My dad saw all three original films in theaters when he was in his late 20's/early 30's. He honestly doesn't see what the big deal was about them, but likes them and talks about them sometimes when we watch a rerun of it on TV. He really doesn't care about them anymore since he has no interest about seeing episode 7. He also prefers the prequels overall and thinks episode 3 is the best out of all of them
>>
>>62677317
Only plebs like chewie
>>
>>62677317

My dad likes Star Wars, but he's more of a Star Trek fan. Don't think he's ever seen the prequels. I was planning to take him to see this new one.

My mum knows nothing about sci-fi in the slightest.
>>
My dad loved Episode I, especially the podracing sequence.
>>
>>62677470
>1958

whoops time to leave the board!
>>
My parents are the biggest Chad and Stacey's
>>
My dad was 8 in 1977. He saw it with the next door neighbor kid. He says they went back and saw it three more times with the allowance money. Hate to say it, but that was the target age. He remembers being really upset about the burned bodies. Never shuts up about how much better the toys are now.
>>
>>62677703
So you were born when your dad was 43? He left it late.
>>
My dad fucking loved it. He used to like to tell me about how the star destroyer crawl blew his little mind away when he saw it.
>>
They both fucking loved it. I think it was the first movie they showed to me.

>fuck you Captcha, cactus is a drink
>>
>>62677524
>a 35+ year old man uses the term KEK unironically
>>
File: ride.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ride.gif
205 KB, 500x500
>>62678111
That's right young man, stay in school or you will become like me.
>>
Yea my dad said he saw it on acid for the first time in the 70s and was so blown away he went back to rewatch it 5 more times
>>
My dad thinks its retarded bullshit, he didn't even own a TV until the 90's
>>
My dad would have been 15 when it came out. Idk if he saw it but he kinda used to make fun of me for liking the prequels even though I was only like 10.
>>
>>62677317
My dad's favorite is Episode II.

Everyone loved Yoda flipping around at the time, and they still do. Seriously, everyone loves that little dildo.
>>
My dad doesn't give a shit about Star Wars. Neither do I. I'll watch it of course.
>>
My dad was like 30 when it came out and not living in the US. I'm not sure if he's ever even seen it.
>>
My dad thought Star Wars was okay, but he preferred Star Trek. Thought it was more intelligent.
>>
They both think its pleb trash for anti intellects
>>
>>62677317
Mom loved it but only because of Harrison Ford.

Han is why women pretend to like Star Wars.
>>
File: Faceofflaugh.gif (2 MB, 187x155) Image search: [Google]
Faceofflaugh.gif
2 MB, 187x155
>>62677524
>>62678111
>>62678340
oh boy am I laughing at this
>>
>>62677317
I'd be a parent, but I never had kids. I was 16 when the first movie came out. I loved it.

When the first sequel came out, I felt disgust and dread when the muppet showed up. When Vader said "I am your father," I said, "Bullshit."

I stopped being a fan at that moment. First wife wanted to see Ep6, which was shit. Second wife wanted to see Ep1 and Ep2, and in the middle of Ep2 agreed that we didn't need to go see this shit any more. We've never seen Ep3, and will never see Ep7.

I still love the 1977 movie, which I have on DVD, but all of the rest is dead to me.
>>
>>62677718
So, senility then?
>>
My mother thinks star wars is stupid boring shit like pink floyd and led zep. She likes bon jovi.
>>
>>62678503
Everyone in the theater I was sitting in burst into laughter at that moment in the flick. It wasn't appreciative, delighted laughter, either.
>>
My dad was killed by Vader.
I never knew my mom.
>>
Sitting next to my dad right now and his exact words were "Star Wars was freakin' awesome"

He got the VHS collection on Christmas when I was 14-15 and he insisted I watch them. So I did, and I as he said "they were freakin awesome". I really need to re watch the de specialized edition again
>>
>>62677317
dad took me to the 90's release of the old movies and we watched all 3 (never saw them before that). Been a fan ever since.
>>
>>62678646
Do not go to Dagobah. It will ruin everything.
>>
If I remember correctly, both my parents saw the original in theaters, but only my mom saw ESB and ROTJ in theaters. My dad would've been 23 and my mom would've been 14 in 1977.

I also accidentally spoiled ROTJ for my dad when i was a kid and we were watching ESB one time. I thought he'd seen them, so when Leia kissed Luke I screamed "DON'T DO IT HE'S YOUR BROTHER" and my dad was like "WHAT!?!?!"
>>
>>62678635
was I at the only theater where everyone cheered for Yoda in that scene?
>>
>>62678646
Hey son, wanna learn a good trick ?
>>
>>62677317
My dad was 32 when it came out. He loved the original trilogy and took me as a kid to see the prequels (he was pretty old when I was born). He only liked episode 3. Now he refuses to watch the new one because of the black male/white female lead. Its the constant bm/wf racemixing in movies/tv that he is pissed off about and now its front and center in one of the largest franchises of our time. He is racist but will watch movies with black leads. My mom doesn't watch movies, only evening talk shows like steve harvey and ellen.
>>
My dad thought/knew that Star Wars was infantile garbage until Episode 2 came on TV one day. I think he sat through the whole thing because of Hershlag. Even saw Episode 3 the next week too.

I can't wait to be a dirty old man like him.
>>
POLUBIEN
>>
File: Turkishstarwarsposter.jpg (92 KB, 474x678) Image search: [Google]
Turkishstarwarsposter.jpg
92 KB, 474x678
>>62677317
my parents are from turkey. the only star wars they know is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o07PBRSHE4
>>
My dad studied in USA and likes action and scifi movies. So he is familiar with Star Wars and rented the video of Return of Jedi backhome to watch with my mom and me.

My mom wasn't in her action movie mode yet so she didn't like it. Back then she liked Woody Allen.
>>
My dad saw it when he was 20, and his idea of parenting was to impersonate the Emperor
>>
My old man was 27 at that time. He simply does not give a shit for SW or any sci-fi movie.
>>
If your Dad likes Star Wars he's a bitch to be honest
>>
My parents love star wars. My Father was an early EU nerd but stopped caring when the EU got giant in the 90s.
Mom grew up in a third world shithole and Star Wars was one of like three movies she saw before moving to the States so she's super nostalgic about it.
>>
My mom cried at the end of RotS for Anakin. What a pleb.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Universe_001.jpg (205 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Universe_001.jpg
205 KB, 1024x768
>>62677317
>What about your parents and Star Wars?

I was 9 years old when I saw Star Wars at the theater, so of course I loved it as well as the next two movies, (still do) and while I don't hate the later prequels, they just ain't up to snuff (visually stunning, though).

My Polish immigrant parents didn't see Star Wars until a few years later when it was on tv and I remember my mom (b.1922) enjoyed the movie and while my dad (b.1925) didn't comment one way or the other, he did sit thru it and I think he at least enjoyed the action scenes.
>>
My father was born in 1952. I'm not sure if he saw Star Wars when it first came out, he was more of a Trekkie. I'm the only other trekkie in the family. My 3 older brothers all like Star Wars more. My mom and sis don't really like sci fi.
>>
My dad was about 16 years old when Star Wars came out and he thinks that the Phantom Menace is the best SW movie
>>
File: 1436238059301.jpg (10 KB, 240x204) Image search: [Google]
1436238059301.jpg
10 KB, 240x204
My dad was born in 1945, saw Star Wars when he was 32 years old.
He didn't like it then and still doesn't, I think he's just not really into space stuff.

My mom kind of likes it though and had a crush on Mark Hamill back in the day.
>>
I'm not sure really, I guess they like it enough. My mum texted me today asking if I wanted to see the new one on christmas eve. We've always ended up watching a film on christmas eve the last few years cause we have christmas at my sister's but she always has to work christmas eve so me and my mum have to find something to do.
>>
I have a cousin, you know the kind.
He loves Star Wars and has spent over 9000$ on toys.

We used to go to his room and make fun of him. But we still like him.
>>
>>62678635
People laughed during mine too. It was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>62678935
This is amazing
>>
My dad was 4 in 1977, but he did see Empire in the theater. Jedi was his favorite.
>>
>>62678376
I showed my friend a New Hope for the first time while we were both tripping. I told him about how Lucas added more rocks for the blu ray and we laughed for a solid 10 minutes
>>
>>62677317
My dad fucking loved Star Wars. I'm not sure how much he cares for it now, but I remember that he used to be crazy about it. He liked to joke around about how he decided on my older brother's name after drinking a 6-pack and watching Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>62677317
My dad likes Star Wars, he likes just about anything with explosions lasers and hot girls. My mom doesn't care one way or the other really. She'll sit through them if they're on but I've never sen her show any excitement for them.
>>
>>62677317
my dad's dead, but i never saw him enjoying movies or tv. he only went to the movies when my mom made him go out with her and to get away from us. he only like the news and never read fiction, only newspapers.
my mother will only watch westerns and movies based on true stories and in a similar vein, despises anything fictional, and patently doesn't know how to even process things like fantasy and science fiction. one time i mentioned chewbacca and she had no fucking clue what i was talking about so i named off several other star wars characters and all i got was a blank expression
>>
File: not_old.jpg (26 KB, 480x273) Image search: [Google]
not_old.jpg
26 KB, 480x273
>>62678111
ayy, he's just trying to fit in
>>
>>62677317

i loved star wars as a kid but my dad doesn't say anything about it, never did. he doesn't really talk about anything. he's never seemed to be interested in me or anything. he's not a very good father, he was pretty violent until i got big enough to defend myself, and he wasnt even a drunk or anything, just angry. that anger has passed on to me and i basically shut up in my room all day, all year because i'm afraid someone will tease me and ill flip out and land myself in jail or back in the mental ward. he is in his mid-60s and he'll be paying for me not to kill myself until he's dead. i don't care.
>>
Holy shit this is a literal reddit thread
>>
>>62678111
In that guys defense, kek has been around since he was like 26 or 27.
>>
>>62677317
My dad says seeing A New Hope was mind blowing in the cinema back then, he went with my mum, and after the showing they walked out and queued up to see it again right after. Says it's the only time he's ever done that for a film.

His favourite parts are when the fighters are travelling down the Death Star's trenches, he says seeing that for the first time was unreal and felt like you were really there.

He loved 4 and 5, but doesn't like 6 because the Ewoks are 'stupid'.

Also doesn't like any of the prequels because they're 'like cartoons'.

He's 60 next year.
>>
My father didn't even want to see it because the trailers sucked. Then his college roommate convinced him to see it and he was instantly blown away with the Star Destroyer.
He saw all of them in theater and insisted on showing them to me when I was a kid. His favorite is Jedi. My mom thinks they're alright.

>>62679611
My girlfriend cries every time she sees the final scene of Sith. Just saying "I loved you like a brother, Anakin" is enough to make her teary-eyed.
>>
My dad would have been 14 when he saw IV in theaters. He had me watch the originals and we saw the prequels in theaters. He hasn't mentioned it since. "never knew my mom"
>>
My father was 16 in 77 and was a huge SW nerd.

His favorite movie is now Phantom Menace. I cant even
>>
My mom was slow to get into Star Wars because she thought it was just a rip-off of Star Trek.
>>
My dad was on a leave or break or whatevers its called from the Marines.

He went to see it alone in the theatre.

he said he was blown away and had never seen anything like it before.
>>
My dad was 18 when Star Wars came out. I don't know if he saw it in theaters, he probably did, but he did dress up as Vader to get 3$ burritos with me. Cool dude
>>
>>62677317
Pretty sure my dad was in 'Nam.
>>
>>62678668
Same here. I saw ESB when I was 6 and it was great.

Mars attacks was still my favourite space movie when growing up though.
>>
My dad told me once how he went to see Empire in the theater and when Vader did his big reveal, everyone gasped and a dude almost choked on his snacks, and another guy yelled "WHAT THE HELL?" It sounds like total BS, but I still find it funny to this day. My old man is more of a Trekkie though, if I'm honest.
My mom loves Star Wars and thinks that Salacious B Crumb is the funniest thing on the planet. She also likes Jar Jar, soo.......
>>
>>62677813
sorta same here, my dad was 8 or 9, mom was like 12, she never cared for it.

dad is a great storyteller. i'm 27 and i can still listen to him ramble for hours about the old days. one of my favorites is how despite rising tensions in the country (this was before the civil war, of which he has many more stories.) he and everyone he knew became absolutely obsessed with star wars and american culture in general. i could butcher his story but tl;dr:

>dad likes star wars a lot
>so do my sister and i

some of my fondest memories are me and sis going to see the late 90s remasters and episode 1. he is dying of liver disease now because of alcoholism. damn shame.
>>
>>62682365
There's plenty of anime, waifu and cunny threads on this site for you. You don't have to be here.
>>
>>62685460
forgot to mention he was born in El Salvador.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.