[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this touted as the next gotg? Its mediocre at best the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
Why was this touted as the next gotg? Its mediocre at best the story is a rip off of iron man 1 and everything is a punchline
>>
you can't stop the rudd, can't stop the rudd, you can't stop the rudd, can't stop the rudd, you can't stop the rudd, can't stop the rudd, you can't stop the rudd, can't stop the rudd,
>>
>>62676599
edgar wright is garbage, good thing /tv/ isn't pleb enough to believe the contrary
>>
it was a fun flick with some cool action scenes and funny moments
>>
>>62676599
>iron man 1

Explain.
>>
I expected something better out of its premise and setup too.
>>
>>62676599
No it isn't, its an adaptation of "To steal an Ant-Man" from Marvel Premier and Iron Man was an adaptation of his first appearance in Tales of Suspense.
>>
>>62677219
same plot, you bonghead
>>
File: bb.jpg (60 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
60 KB, 720x540
>>62676599
The Edgar Wright version would have been genius, but the producer wanted it to be stupid so fired him and hired the director of "Bring It On."

Next question.
>>
>>62677897
This.
I just watched it yesterday and couldn't stop thinking about how much better it would have been in the hands of Edgar Wright. As it stands right now it's just average.
>>
>>62677840
>same plot

Not at all. Try again.
>>
File: antman.gif (1 MB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
antman.gif
1 MB, 500x666
>>62676599
>>62676795
>>
>>62678183
Average seems to be what Marvel is striving for. Can't make it too smart, or you'll lose the Transformers crowd. Can't make it too dumb, or you'll lose the crowd who actually reads comics.

We're fucked.
>>
>>62678908
its capeshit you retard
>>
>see internet teenage pleb film "critique" thread
>see the word "story" in the first sentence
>can immediately disregard his opinion
>>
>>62676599

it felt like watching a cartoon

fucking marvel making flicks for 12 year olds

fcking /tv/ praising this shit

fuck you faggots
>>
>>62678939
>reducing everything to a two-syllable epithet

Fuck off, racist.
>>
>>62677219
Bad guy is a crazy arms dev using technology developed by his predecessor for profit.

He also was inexplicably an expert in his powered suit when he put it on for the first time.

The main character's love interest was secretly working against him, despite working in the company he was in charge of.

Christ, he was even bald.
>>
>people actually think poor man's star wars is better than ant-man
>>
>>62679060
You might be onto something
>>
File: IMG_20150804_160256.jpg (79 KB, 378x468) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150804_160256.jpg
79 KB, 378x468
I heard that Edgar Wright wanted to make Hank Pym a bad guy too, and Marvel wasn't having it. That true?
>>
shut the fuck up aiidz
>>
Anyone who expected Ant-Man to be half the movie that GotG ended up being is fucking retarded. Marvel said from the beginning that it was going to be a smaller (no pun intended) more human movie. No intergalactic space fights against enemies with Godlike powers. No ensemble cast of heroes. Just a solid little origin story on a less popular Marvel character.

It's a decent little movie, but it's certainly not in my top 5 Marvel movies.
>>
>>62679167
this 2bh familia
>>
>>62679170
>this post
>>
>>62679170
MEME OFF BRO
YOU AND ME
>>
>>62677897
>>62678183
It was literally the edgar wright script with extremely minor changes and a few scenes added rather than taken out.
>>
>>62679091
There are definitely differences, but the basic plot is there. Difference is the powers of the actual suit, and the fact that this time its inventor was too old and too used up somehow to put it on himself. Basically Iron Man 1 but if Tony really did find a bodyguard to do his work for him.

Iron Man and Ant-Man both have been in and escaped seemingly inescapable black voids and were affected by gazing into such abysses.
>>
>>62679163
I dont think there is any sound evidence but that seems to be the most popular and widely spread rumor
>>
>>62679060
I haven't watched this movie, but Tony was hardly an expert at using his suit right off the bat. He fucks up on a number of occasions trying to learn how to use it.

I find those parts to be the most charming parts of IM1
>>
It was fine. Hope the next one will be bigger. Also I never got all that love for gotg.
>>
>>62679281
I'm not talking about Tony. I'm talking about le box of scraps man.

He put on the suit once and was as good with it as Tony.

Same story with the antagonist in Ant-Man.

In fact, Ant-Man also had a very hard time with the suit at first and there was a subsequent training montage.
>>
>>62679321
Fuck I love a good montage if the music is decent.
>>
>>62679350
It was nothing to write home about.
>>
>>62678501
Yes at all, try thinking.
>>
>>62679371
Last good montage I saw was Edge of Tomorrow. It was pretty genius. The dying/waking up just kept getting faster and faster until it just basically became a montage. Really good idea imo desu senpai.
>>
Once or twice it gets a really scary turn. Like that shot of Yellowjacket stuck in Electric Bug Zapper
>>
>>62679422
EoT made me like Tom Cruise again, and I never thought that day would come. It really was a good movie.
>>
>>62677897
but the best scenes were added by the new guy
>>
>>62679232
I don't know why that pissed Wright off so much.

The opening scene of the Majestic (criminally underrated movie) said it all. Producers can and often do completely rewrite scripts to make it more salable.

This guy changed very little and added a couple of scenes. I wouldn't have walked.
>>
>>62679581
Wright had years for the movie. Once Marvel set a date, the clock started ticking and Wright continued to do nothing.

After YEARS of developing the project side by side, I just do not believe Fiege would suddenly notice it is not going to work. Much more likely Wright got sacked, because he could not adapt to deadlines and stuff.
>>
>>62679581
marvel constricts directors visions until all their movies look like they were all made by TV directors (which some are)
>>
>>62679675
This sounds about right.

>>62679685
I'd believe it but they literally did nearly nothing to Wright's script.
>>
>>62679321

That's totally wrong though. I actually remember thinking how neat it was that the film portrayed Yellowjacket as not really knowing the full power of the suit during their fight.

Like, Lang would change size often, and throw things around, and really play with the size-changing thing of the suit. Yellowjacket would just shoot his laser beams at everything, and he only ever changed size to chase Lang--he never did it of his own initiative.

Probably the most memorable example of his inability to wrap his mind around what the suit actually did was the "train scene", where the toy train comes at him and he puts his arms up like it's going to kill him because he isn't used to acting like his mass didn't change, just his size. He was treating the toy train like a real train because he's inexperienced with how the suit works.

That's the whole reason Lang beat him. The Yellowjacket suit kicks the shit out of the Ant Man suit, but Lang's shrink-game was strong and Yellowjacket's wasn't.
>>
>>62679895
You do make a good point that Yellowjacket was handled better than Iron Monger, but it still felt he was a bit too skilled with even the basic functions of the suit.

It could be he played around in it off camera, though, same as Iron Monger.
>>
>>62679895
>>62679986
Probably why they had Lang fight Falcon, so he could get experience fighting someone with a suit
>>
This movie needed a better connection to the universe. A few small scenes with Tony trying to figure out the shrinking tech or Asgard using their own versions would be great.
>>
>>62680243
I liked the line about Tony dropping cities.

I really liked how Pym generally hated Tony.
>>
>>62680243
Why? There's plenty of time for all that in the years to come, and as a movie it would have stood alone just fine, like GotG.
>>
>>62680243
>A few small scenes with Tony trying to figure out the shrinking tech or Asgard
>paying for more RDJ
>shoving Asgard into the Antman movie
you have some terrible ideas anon
>>
This was the only MCU movie that I'm mildly interested in seeing. It looks like it doesn't take itself too seriously and acts as it's own movie rather than trying to be a part of something bigger.
>>
>>62676599
>we are not gonna die here
>drop in a ww2 tank from like the 10th floor
yeah sure
>>
>>62681229
Well, none of the marvel movies take themselves seriously, at all, and all of the "solo hero" movies are just the titular characters doing their own thing, not fitting into anything bigger...

so...
>>
yeh it was bretty good i just wish wood harris would show some more debth like in remember the tipans bub idk maybe hes just not gebbing roles he can geb into DD:
>>
>>62680243
that would have been retarded and out of place. And Tony is an engineer and inventor, not a general know it all of everything.
>>
>>62676599
>op actually likes Ant-Man
>wants to discuss it on /tv/
>can be honest and just shill
>pretends he hates it
All you closeted capeshit fags should just come out already.
>>
>>62676599
completely agree
>>
It wasn't AWFUL... just pretty bland.

TI was funny, Rudd wasn't bad but overall it was kind of ho hum.

I would've rather watched Pena, TIP and Rudd steal shit for two hours.

>waffles
>>
>>62677219
>Explain.
I didn't see either movie so I'll just blindly defend: The psot
>>
Evangeline lilly looked awful and every line of dialogue felt forced.

cgi-makeup was nice in the beginning.
>>
File: emojimeme.jpg (14 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
emojimeme.jpg
14 KB, 301x301
ITT: Manchildren who thinks superhero movies are made for them

I think it was great, that is exactly how superhero movies should be, silly, funny and lighthearted. Stay mad manchildren
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.