[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Knick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: p10791094_b_v7_ab[1].jpg (115 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p10791094_b_v7_ab[1].jpg
115 KB, 480x720
thoughts so far?
>>
Master piece.
>>
File: rip in peace dead meme.jpg (60 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
rip in peace dead meme.jpg
60 KB, 480x320
>>62671317

>this guy
>a dr

please tell me this is a joke, i am so fed up with liberals pushing their agenda

/pol/ was right again
>>
>>62671407
>/pol/ was right again
Then go back to your hugbox. It's an excellent show, I wish the Inspector didn't get it, I'm really interested in the Public health aspects as well as the actual medical conflicts.
>>
>>62671317
Shit for edgy teenagers.
>ER+True Detective
>A MASTER PIECE
>>
>>62671407
Its based on a real character dude, SJW boogyman isnt coming to get you, you can relax
>>
It is far and away the best show on tv since mad men.
>>
>>62671407
Watch the series pleb. He is an ultimate uncle tom and the sole reason he became a doctor is because his patron, who happens to employ his father as his driver and his mother as the maid, and he saw potential on him and sponsored his studies so he could work in the hospital the patron basically owns.

It'd be like Gates paying for the studies of the son of his mexican's maid since he recognises he is smart.
It's called an investment you dense fuck, plus aside from him, all niggers are dirty poor and dumb as shit.
>>
File: lel.png (470 KB, 798x804) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
470 KB, 798x804
>>62671454
>>62671460
>>62671513

It's pasta you goons, look at the filename
>>
>>62671317
they re fucking up the second season but whatyougonnado.
>>
Literally the best television series since the sopranos. It's too patrician to be discussed here cause of predictable edgy assholes
>>
>>62671541
How
>>
Just finished S01. That scene when they show the dr's toothless wife was fucking eerie as hell man
>>
I love the soundtrack, especially when Lucy's dad was telling her she was a slut.
>>
>The Knick
>based as fuck Strike Back
>not as based but still excellent Banshee

why is cinemax 10/10
>>
>>62671660
If the Knick was on HBO the whole world would be talking about it
>>
>>62671660
Can you help somebody without Cinemax find this show?
>>
>>62671691
I'm pretty sure the Knick was actually offered on HBO Go for a while.

>>62671734
http://stream-tv2.la/
>>
>>62671734
s01 720p rip magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:76bcbcbefcc8c52b492543e5ebd86618e41e5351&dn=The%20Knick%20Season%201%20S01%20720p%20BluRay%20x264-DEMAND%20%5BRiCK%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com

S02 episodes are on TPB
>>
Gallenger did nothing wrong
>>
>>62671691
True, this is a fairly solid point. It's as though the platform is almost more important to people than the product now per se.
>>
Haven't seen any of season 2 yet. How is it so far? Better or worse than season 1?
>>
>>62671774
I can't understand it, honestly. The show is a masterpiece. It blows out the water mad men, Fargo, and all those other shows people pretend to like.
>>
File: ss (2015-11-12 at 07.21.32).jpg (58 KB, 730x408) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-11-12 at 07.21.32).jpg
58 KB, 730x408
>>62671766
meh character tbqh
>>
>>62671612
wait and see her with her new prosthetic teeths, she looks like Daddario smiling
>>
>>62671813
I haven't seen the most recent episode, but it's still solid. Great camerawork and sountrack, and there are some real standout scenes, but there doesn't seem to be much of an overarching plot.

>>62671836
He reminds me so much of Jaime Lannister.
>>
>>62671734
Piratebay you mong
>>
I have mixed feelings about S2. Thack isn't as entertaining anymore, I get that he hitting rock bottom is deliberate and he still managed to push medical procedures forward last ep despite all of it and it looks like it's building to something bigger with all his visions. But I still miss the old balance between skillful and junkie.

I also expected Gallinger to grow into a different direction after all the shit with his wife and the surprise boat trip in the season opening, but with the Eugenics subplot things aren't looking up for him. It's a natural development, but I just hope they don't turn him back into some one note bigot to push agendas. There's a whole sympathetic side that I'd rather see explored better.

All in all it's not bad. Best show right now and based Cleary, Bertie and scummy Barrow are always consistently great.
>>
>>62671766
except for being a jealous incapable of making his own feats fag
Typical entitled white male.
>>
Does anyone else think Algie might be Captain Robertsons biological son? I remember hearing the theory last season but I can't remember if it was addressed

Easily the best show on TV right now, part of me thinks it deserves more recognition but at the same time it's nice that it sort of flies under the radar, one reason being that we can actually talk about it on 4chan. Also it's less likely to pander to the audience this way
>>
>>62671961
I'm usually not one for that shipping bullshit but I want Cleary and Harriet to kiss so much
>>
>>62671971
>>62671961
>best show on TV right now
>not Fargo
>>
>>62671971
I read somewhere that entire first season was written before filming even started so it explains a fairly cohesive continuity quality wise, they filmed everything in two months. unsure about s02 though
>>
>>62672004
I think she will at least reconsider his offer by the end of the season after some time with the nuns.
>>
>>62671921
at least Jaime was the best swordsman of his Era, Gallenger is a fucking subpar surgeon.
>>
>>62672136
Gallenger is still pretty good, he's just not inventive like Thack and Algernon.
>>
>>62671813
So far... less medicine, more drama. Which is to it's detriment.
>>
>>62671961
>I have mixed feelings about S2
Same. They got away from the medical and addiction aspects of the show, and we're getting a lot more personal drama. It's still very well produced and well performed, but it's become more of a generic period drama than it was in S1.
>>
That eye anesthetics injection scene was a tough watch. Can't say I'm looking forward to the actual procedure.
>>
>>62672221
Yes, I miss the medical bits. They should get back to it in the later half with Bertie's mom and all the other stuff, but it has been pretty muted so far with both Edwards and Thackery debilitated.
>>
>>62672357
i'm really sad to see edwards character go down this path. he was beyond composed for the most part of s01, surgeon needs his hands and eyes, why the fuck would he fight that nigga, it made no sense. Also I dont like how they are trying to semi-vilanize him
>>
File: The Knick viewership.jpg (64 KB, 1177x724) Image search: [Google]
The Knick viewership.jpg
64 KB, 1177x724
I'm liking this second season quite a lot.
It doesn't look good for the show in terms of viewership, though (pic related).
Let's hope it will get renewed.
>>
>>62671660
I miss Strike Back so much, top banter and action
>>
>>62672492
Just watch The Player
>>
I like the show.
I feel like the Algernon character was added just for the drama, I don't know.

Loved the part when Thack was so sure he discoverev the blood types thingies and Bertie the Wise told him you so dufus.
>>
>>62672557
ahaha oh god no

it's like 3/10, and that's me being generous. Saw an interview with Phillip Winchester where he admits that directors told him how his weapons handling was too good after 4 years on SB that he had do tone it down for The Player. Plus entire idea just seems so unbelievable, honestly feels like I'm watching fucking Hawaii Five O or something
>>
Lucy is so beautiful and I love hearing every line she delivers
>>
>>62672600
Dude it's a dumb action show. I hate fun sometimes too but you can't pretend you aren't entertained by some of the over the top stunts. Plus they're practical. I'm so sick of lazy cgi horseshit
>>
>>62672662
Action is... okay enough but nowhere near as good as it could be. I mind the other parts that are dumb, like "I'm gonna hide a phone number in this fairly complicated algorithm of numbers that only a hacker prodigy can solve, only for my husband to call me so that i can tell him to stop trying to find me", see where I'm going?

It feels like they really never even proof-read the script. You need more than 3 characters to carry a show, even a show like this. Plus the whole "crime predicting" bullshit reminded me of Chuck so much. Its just retaded background noise while you whisk eggs for breakfast or something like that.
>>
>>62672442
I'm pretty fucking scared the show's not gonna get renewed for a third season.
>>
>>62672741
I'm not saying it doesn't have a few eye rollers but that doesn't take that much away from the series. Remember that tnt thing "movies for guys who like movies", it sorta applies here
>>
>>62672414
I can understand why the character is going the way hes going, but its still frustrating and kinda boring. The man's life completely shattered and hes trying to force the pieces back together, with only a vague idea of what it looked like before. He's got no guidance, no help, no information. It feels like he shouldn't even be on the show anymore, but hes still there so we can watch him self-destruct for, by modern standards, no good reason.
>>
>>62672782
me too
it seems to get better as it goes on, too
>>
>>62671836
henry cotton made his wife better tbqh
>>
Does this show air on Fridays or Saturdays?
>>
>>62676022
Friday's
>>
Pmub
>>
>>62671458
fuck off meme
>>
I think I'm liking S2 more than I did S1. Each character has a major story arc rather than Thack being the focus which I really like, the variety of characters this show has is great.
>>
>we want the /pol/ audience
>>
>>62679165
i always think about him being from Adventures in Babysitting. Same thing with the Harriet being from American Psycho. Although with her i think, 15 years hit her pretty hard.
>>
>>62678714
agreed
>>
>>62671961
>I also expected Gallinger to grow into a different direction after all the shit with his wife and the surprise boat trip in the season opening

I hope Gallinger starts banging his sister-in-law, and maybe he can use his charm to have a threesome that includes her and his wife.
>>
didnt Wagner-Jauregg invent malaria induced fever therapy and win the Nobel?
>>
File: PC BRAH.jpg (80 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
PC BRAH.jpg
80 KB, 750x750
anyone else hating to wait for the favorite show? what to do?
>>
>>62680275
Watch other tv series, watch movies, do something with your life.
Also waiting for the next episode is nothing, im still waiting the new season of the strain(i had to wait like half a year to watch season 2 and now i will have to wait the same for season 3)
>>
>>62680275
It's tough because there is literally no other show to look forward to that is even close to its quality. TV is in a sad state of affairs right now.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.