[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOMIE ON THE LEFT.....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
HOMIE ON THE LEFT.....
>>
....SHLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>
WHAT IS HE WATCHING NOW?
>>
>>62667981
So... is he going to keep himself awake for 72 hours?
>>
>it's a 'Shia looks into the camera' episode
>>
>>62668023
EAGLE EYE!!!!!
>>
Someone defend Shia, in the least reddit way possible. That means no "I'd love to have a beer with the dude" bullshit.

I still think he's a chronic over-actor, even in his more frequently praised roles (Fury, Nympho, Lawless), and his narcissistic drunken asshole past behaviour isn't just going to disappear overnight.
>>
>>62668274
i like shia
he a qt
he's on some spirit science aesthetic and he rockin it, he could get it uhn
he's kinda goofy in tha movies
a good goof!
but gosh man
he sure is cute
>>
>>62668162
he has already slept, so no.
>>
>>62668274
Hes self aware of himself and is doing interesting, and risky shit, he puts himself out there, its not some bland as shit carefully coordinated and supervised bullshit every single A list actor does. If you want something in one words its "different". Thats it, hes a well known actor and hes doing something different off screen.
>>
>>62668407
Still a dick though
>>
>>62668274
I'm not as familiar with much of his acting work as I could be, and I don't know all of the details of his more recent drunken shenanigans, but I think I can defend Shia in a way I haven't seen a lot of people defend him lately.

From what I can tell, Shia has become something closer to a performance artist than an actor or celebrity these days. I think he has some really interesting ideas in regards to what it means to be a celebrity, a famous person, a successful hollywood actor. I really believe that he is in fact performing, like he did when he put the bag on his head, like he did when he let people crawl on him in that room for a few days, like he's doing now with watching all of his movies nonstop for 3 days.

It's just an interesting concept, the idea of a famous actor watching himself in all of his roles for 72 hours straight. I would argue that it plays into this absurd sense of narcissism that we expect of so many famous actors. In short, I think it's supposed to be a joke.

I actually really enjoy the way Shia gets people talking, I think he seems like a really bright guy with a really interesting perspective on the concept of celebrity, and I enjoy seeing him frustrate and confuse so many people. I would guess that he enjoys frustrating and confusing so many people too.
>>
I feel for the dude, he's the only actor thats made me think "shit, maybe we do talk shit about celebrities too much" like, tonnes have said shit about it, but no ones made a point.

Its like the rest have just did it as a stunt to get back in the publics eye, but shia seems like hes geniunely fed up and wants people to know, even if he hasnt, hats off to making me think he did.
>>
What happened to the bandana guy?
>>
>>62668511
>>62668407
And what about the plagiarism? All the drunken assault stuff?
>>
>>62668639
hes an asshole and kinda of a douche?

I mean again hes a real person not a fabrication by a hard working publicist, thats whats appealing about what he does.
>>
>>62668511
I think his "performance art" is a stunted child's reaction to not being taken seriously as an actor. Only instead of being gracious enough to suck it up and fade into obscurity like the Sam Worthington's of the world he's desperately trying to appeal to an audience even more stunted than he is. The youtube audience.
>>
>>62668274

His role in Fury and his appearance in Sia's music video made me like the guy. It feels like he's grown up compared to his Transformer days.
>>
>>62668787
I see people say this but I disagree. He's not just doing crazy random shit left and right, posting shit on Twitter and whatnot. He could do a lot more, and at the same time doing more/different things might not be as effective as what he's been doing. Thinking of and carrying out good performance art pieces that are recognized isn't as simple as you think. Anyways, these are isolated instances, as I said, it isn't like Shia is attention whoring on his instagram or anything nonstop.

I don't think it's a reaction, I think it's his choice. He was being fucking groomed to be the next Indiana Jones and then put a paper bag on his head cuz he said fuck it.
>>
>>62668801
>Sia

Love Sia and I loved him in the video/interviews for the video. He was super serious about it which I respected.
>>
>>62668801
Even back in those days I think the circle jerk on saying he's a bad actor is way overblown. He's pretty natural in those roles. I mean I know Indy 4 sucked but he was genuinely good in it. If you disagree i'd say watch the film again but no one should watch the film again so just watch up to the tomb raiding part. It's decent up until that part.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x374
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.