[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us.
>>
>Frail old eggman
>Still one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever
>>
Look at this sad beggar, playing his techno harmonica.
>>
Anyone kinda bummed that they showed his face, prequels aside?
>>
>>62666540

I more bummed they showed his face in prequels.

This was a nice touch.
>>
>>62665480
Why's he have a harmonica?
>>
>>62667353
his playing sad song "piano man" by Bill Joel because is a sad moment
>>
>>62665480
Sheev didn't expect Obiwan to have the high ground.
>>
He was in his 20s in revenge of the sith
And an old man just 24 years later in return of the Jedi - Sebastian Shaw who played Vader with the helmet off and the Anakin force ghost was 78 years old!
Wtf?

Its pretty obvious. Lucas makes it up as he goes along.

I think I can sort of figure out what the original intention was:
In the earliest draft material for The Star Wars General Starkiller had two sons, the teenage Deak and child Anikin (notice the different spelling). And they were in hiding after the Jedi had lost their place as the emperors bodyguards decades earlier.
This of course was recycled like a lot of the rest of The Star Wars into Phantom Menace.

I think when The Star Wars became A New Hope he carried this over, the clone wars was to have occurred much earlier in the past than what the prequels presented - you can see this in expanded universe material which often treated it as being 40-50 years earlier - and perhaps obi wan and anakin would have reused the brothers, and had a falling out in adulthood.
>>
>>62667353
Mouth controls for various suit functions.
>>
>>62667612

This is why it would have made more sense for Anakin and Obi-Wan to be close to the same age.
>>
>>62667612
I think the idea of brothers might have been intended to be reused for when Yoda said "no, there is another"
>>
>>62667685
Either the same age or set the prequels much further back in time
>>
File: 23sdgsdgs.jpg (9 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
23sdgsdgs.jpg
9 KB, 160x160
>>62667404
>>
>>62665480
I'm just confused why they made Vader the big "chosen one" in the prequels, like sure the original trilogy had him set up as more powerful than anyone else but that's only because all of the jedi that could have contested him were dead.

I reckon that was the worst decision in the series by far.
>>
>>62667612
>you can see this in expanded universe material which often treated it as being 40-50 years earlier

Yeah the katarn fleet was 50 years old and launched right before the clone wars
>>
>>62667734
Chosen One had become a thing
>>
>>62667796
I actually rewatched the original trilogy a week ago, I don't recall it being mentioned at all.
>>
>>62667353

They were on a tight budget, so shaw had to be the sound guy and vader at the same time
>>
>>62665490

Pretty much his only weakness was force lighting, and that's the only thing Sheev had over him, vader would rekt his ass if he didn't had that.
>>
I like that way Lucas handled it. Lucas was showing the choice to turn to the Darkside comes at a huge price, I saw Vader's suit as the shackles the Emperor had on Anakin. You could even go as far as compare it to a coffin that you are still alive in, an idea that is horrifying, but Anakin was pretty much dead at that point, EMOTIONALLY dead. So in that way the Vader suit was a coffin. He looked old and pale, like you would expect someone in a coffin to look.
>>
>>62667734
Think it was more about him balancing the Force, rather than his skill. Besides Vader would have been the GOAT if he hadn't gotten fucked up. Sheev said as much to Yoda.
>>
>>62667957
Sure but my point is that was a mistake, it's clear during the opening scene in New Hope that the commanders don't respect him, one of them ridiculed him before he choked the bitch.
>>
File: VRR7[1].jpg (29 KB, 627x470) Image search: [Google]
VRR7[1].jpg
29 KB, 627x470
>>
>>62667929
No they'd always intended it to be life support
>>
>>62668024
I don't think he claimed otherwise? It can be one thing practically and another thing metaphorically.
>>
>>62667995
>it's clear during the opening scene in New Hope that the commanders don't respect him

Well, he is more of a lacky than a leader; and people thought the Force was a myth/joke.

However, I guess the choking scene was put in place to demonstrate Vader's power, not necessarily to show that he was inept prior.
>>
>>62667892
>Pretty much his only weakness was force lighting

https://youtu.be/nj23dwWHukY

1:58
>>
>>62668124
That was better than I expected.
>>
>Powder white skin
>Had eyebrows originally
>Scars on his head/face
>Bald
>Needed suit to live

Was there an original backstory that was retconned? Did they mention him getting burned alive in the original trilogy?

By the looks of things, it's like they didn't make it out that he was burned, but got into a rather different predicament all together.
>>
>>62668209
>By the looks of things, it's like they didn't make it out that he was burned, but got into a rather different predicament all together.

I would assume his injuries were directly tied to the Clone Wars -- which Luke, or someone, mentions Vader being a part of.

I could only connect that the reason Vader is in that suit is to save him after suffering injuries during the battle.
>>
>>62668209
No, but Lucas always said he was severely injured. I think he'd cited Lava as early as the 90s.
>>
>>62668346
I remember reading a Star Wars book that was about characters (definitely before episode II and III came out, maybe even before episode I) that stated that Obi Wan and Anakin fight on the fiery world and Anakin is left burnt
>>
>>62668209
The white skin would be a combination of lack of sun exposure and a sickly pallor
He has scars all over his head, the big scalp one and some shit under his eyes
The suit is a respirator
When he is being electrocuted and and you can see his skeleton you're mean to be able to see various cybernetic replacements including vertebrae in his neck
We know his right arm at least is prosthetic
>>
>>62667686
After reading that I'm not sure if yoda was actually referring to Leah since she was vader's daughter or vader himself if he still had faith that he still had some good left in him.
>>
Did they ever explain why Anakin suddenly had James-Earl-Jone'sbold voice? Function of the suit?
>>
>>62670093
Probably some sort of voice filter in order for people to actually hear him talking out of that helmet
>>
>>62667612
His entire body was horribly burned. He's only in his 40s but all the damage to his skin sort of justifies how old he looks.
>>
>>62665480

Its not a tumor.
>>
They can graft on limbs but can't do a lung transplant on one of their main guys.
>>
File: slowpoke.png (12 KB, 312x295) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
12 KB, 312x295
>>62667612
>Its pretty obvious. Lucas makes it up as he goes along.
>>
>>62666540
No.
>>
>>62668346
Yeah I remember people talking about him falling into lava years before the prequels. I thought it was one of those "my dad works for Nintendo" stories but then it happened
>>
>>62670093
James Earl Jones also got his voice from being thrown into lava, it's a side effect
>>
File: 3432675846.jpg (16 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
3432675846.jpg
16 KB, 267x274
Wake up sheeple. The events on the second death star are too pure to be true. Luke fights good ole' dad, turns dad back to the light, dad kills bad emperor, has touching moment with dad just before his death.

It's all bullshit.

Luke turned to the darkside. Slew Vader, became the new sith apprentice, and was instructed to begin sith training away from his friends. Episode 7 he is the master of Kylo Ren and why Kylo has an hardon for Vader.
>>
>>62668209
The novelization of ROTJ mentioned he fell into a pit of lava and "emerged as Darth Vader" during his fight with Obi-Wan.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.