[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Z-Nation-Wiki_promo_poster_001.jpg (73 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
Z-Nation-Wiki_promo_poster_001.jpg
73 KB, 680x1000
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>62665478
>zombies
>worth watching
Pick one.
>>
>>62665478
Haven't watched any of the 2nd season but the 1st was actually decent, if you can just accept it as the blatant walking dead ripoff that it is. Good characters, decent effects (considering) and the plot's pretty good too.
>>
Yeah it is stopping in to say this
>>
>>62665478
>le walking dead clone
no
>>
It's a zombie show that knows zombie shows are retarded shit and treats itself as such.

Whether or not that makes it good is arguable, but at least it isn't super cereal Walking Dead.
>>
I am sure it is worth watching as one of the producers attached to it (Hyams) is a very good director and he is very involved with the show.

Haven't watched it myself tho
>>
Love this show. I hate walking dead, and came here to ask for a good alternative. I haven't looked back. Season 2 is just as funny as season 1.
>>
>>62665559
>>62665589
>Z Nation
>any way similar to the walking boredom besides zombies
This is actually fun to watch. The second season is even better, crazy new shit happening in every episode, and no drama slowing things down.
>>
>years after Apocalypse
>people are still driving cars
When will this meme end? Gasoline has a shelf life of about 6 months.

It's sad when even fucking Turbokid is more accurate than this shitty genre.
>>
>>62665478
you surprisingly care for the characters - which I never really did for the Walking Dead.
Also death can be a cold motherfucker and could probably take all the main cast - except 1.
I also miss citizen Z. Last week I really liked the photography and was going to say that this had jumped the shark with the Roswell episode. - they managed to bring it kicking and fighting to a non lmao ending. Also dat black booty and dem sweaterpuppies.
They did kill of the most tastiest IMO.
I wonder if they will bring Sniper-girl back.
I also wonder about the "happy family" with the hero worshipping loli. - I really didn't trust that. I also think there will be "actual" Russians.
>>
>>62665643
So is it in any ways scary or is it just a comedy with a few splatterings here and there? What's the feel?
>>
Watched the first two episodes of this show because of this very thread (was bored)

You weren't kidding, it is pretty entertaining and definitely more promising than TWD has been since pilot.

>>62666610
They kill a fucking baby zombie in first episode kek
>>
>Read some reviews by users of the pilot
>All accuse if it being The Walking Dead ripoff.

I dont remember the Walking Dead going as hard as shooting a fucking grinning baby child zombie in the first episode.

Definitely entertaining, the special fx (DONT mean the makeup of zombies) like explosions and city makeup is pretty shit but hey it comes with SyFy.

Will watch the first season.

blog out.
>>
isn't the man behind this modern masterpiece of action/sci-fi horror involved in this show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ0sIny4NTQ
>>
>>62667455
Hyams (hope I got his fucking name right this time) is involved heavily with the show, he shot the first episode.

That's one reason why I am watching this, other reason was boredom and this very thread
>>
>>62667470
I'll definitely be checking it out then.
>>
It's a semi-parody of Zombieshit.

Like Scream Queen is the halfway point between Scream and Scary Movie, Z Nation is the halfway point between Return of the Living Dead and Shaun of the Dead.

It's crazy, funny, full of over-the-top action, almost no drama, a quest-like main plot, and episodic.

They also have a diverse cast, but they never go into SJW "look how progressive we are" territory. I mean, they have the black woman with the big bouncy jugs as the main character, the old stoner fuck, the Thai chick, the latino soldier, and DJ Qualls.
>>
>>62665478
Honestly, no.
Even if TWD is not at its prime anymore, its still 10 times better show.
And second best is FTWD, best zombie show without zombies.
I just don't see why they even did Z-Nation if they weren't willing to go all the way with it.
>>
>>62667714
What? Did you even watch the show beyond the pilot?
>>
>>62667714
>he actually watch TWD and FTWD

fucking plebs
>>
>fucking LIBERTY BELL ROLLING DOWN THE GODDAMN STREET AND MOWING DOWN ZOMBIES
TWD has fucking jack shit on this

This is fucking hilarious
>>
I love it. I dont take it too seriously and so its pretty entertainning. Dumb grimdark plebs will say that it sucks and that TWD is better...
>>
I've watched 5 episodes of this show now and this is absolutely bizarre.

>Smoking pot in air ventilation shaft with a zombie.
>>
File: pooh.jpg (48 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
pooh.jpg
48 KB, 320x287
When are we going to hit zombie peak in pop culture?
>>
>>62665666
maybe they drive Diesel :^)
>>
Z Nation is a fun zombie show and probably the only zombie show I can tolerate because it's just set out to be, well, fun.

I care more about the characters in Z Nation than I do in TWD. TWD feels like a parody of drama.
>>
>>62665478
if you consider the fact that the entire "zombie movie" fad is fucking played out and has been for about 10 years then yes. Really the concept that dead bodies with no energy endlessly move is itself pretty dumb.

Walking Dead is really fucking boring anymore. All suspension of disbelief has been gone for years. Pretty much ever since women started casually stabbing through skulls on the reg.
>>
>>62673010
It's so fucking entertaining so far, five episodes in myself, all the characters are established fast, its funny (Doc especially, and Murphy), and the quirky Citizen Z is great.

They move from A to B relatively fast which I also enjoy, lots of locations and places, reminds me of little bit like 'World War Z lite'

It's better than TWD has been in ages, since the pilot basically.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.