[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/who/ - Doctor Who General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: amirite.png (504 KB, 648x554) Image search: [Google]
amirite.png
504 KB, 648x554
Didn't read the last thread but saw it needed a new one Edition!

Last time >>62646523
>>
Second time making a new thread this time I actually posted it in time. To get things started, I listened to Shadow of the Scourge last night and other than the ending I really quite enjoyed that, I guess that's what you refer to as VNA level dark? Also how fucking badass is Ace, holy shit.
>>
File: Zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
Can't post, sleeping
>>
>>62664206
Wake your ass up you lazy fuck. We got a general to run here.
>>
>>62664184
>in time

you where late.
>>
>>62664286
Better than the first time I made a general and the thread I was going to post it in got archived right before I posted.
>>
File: To the well with you.jpg (3 KB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
To the well with you.jpg
3 KB, 240x135
Do you ever think Danny did more then just jump a child into a well.
>>
I support of a shota companion to replace clala
>>
clala my clala
the imposml grill
oh clala clala
i don't think you will

Rate my poem.
>>
>>62664432
I was pretty sure in a wibbly wobbly way he killed Clara in some of her future adventures in the past.
>>
>>62664510
"Runnin', runnin', runnin', runnin'" tier
>>
"Run, run you clever boy and remember...Danny had a bigger dick than you."
>>
"Run, you clever boy, and remember."

"Hello, sweetie."

"Clara Oswald...my impossible girl."

"Spoilers."

"Amelia Pond...the girl who waited."

Any other examples of Moffat's cringeworthy dialogue? This isn't the cringe meme. It genuinely makes me cringe.

>Moffat genuinely thinks that a woman would like to be called "the impossible girl", and that it's somehow charming or endearing.
>>
Reminder that Pertwee thinks that /who/ is a bunch of faggot nerds
>>
>>62664671

what if I openly admit to being both of those things
>>
>>62664816
Well now I'd suck a dick but I'd never suck a dick of someone who fucking likes Doctor Who. ew.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (63 KB, 376x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
63 KB, 376x200
>>62664656
>>
>>62664863

If I remember right moff's said that most of the times matt said geronimo it was actually just him ad libbing and not something written in the script
>>
File: 1447252667387.jpg (31 KB, 376x471) Image search: [Google]
1447252667387.jpg
31 KB, 376x471
(Over images of people connecting to a red wifi linking the whole planet, via desktops, laptops, phones, etc. is a man on a staticky screen.)

NABILE: Danger. This is a warning. A warning to the whole world. You're looking for wifi. Sometimes you see something.

(He holds up a card with seven strange symbols.)

NABILE: A bit like this. Don't click it. Do not click it. Once you've clicked it, they're in your computer.

(A whole slew of weird symbols in the available connections list.)

NABILE: They can see you. And they can see you, they might choose you. And if they do, you die. For twenty four hours, you're dead. For a while. People's souls are being uploaded to the internet. And some people get stuck. Their minds, their souls, in the wifi. Like echoes, like ghosts. Sometimes you can hear their screams on the radio, on the telly, on the net. This is real. This is not a hoax.

MAN 2 [on screen]: I don't know where I am.

NABILE: Or a joke.

(A Japanese woman on a laptop screen.)

NABILE: Or a story.

MAN 3 [on screen]: I don't know where I am.

NABILE: This is real, and I know that, because I don't know where I am. Please, please, if you can hear me, if you can hear me, I don't know where I am.

(We pull out to a display of lots of screens of people saying they don't know where they are.)
>>
>>62664933
idkwiatbhfam
>>
File: 1446756029573.jpg (306 KB, 1362x2048) Image search: [Google]
1446756029573.jpg
306 KB, 1362x2048
Hey anons, I just wanted to let you know that you are fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
>>
File: help me.gif (997 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
help me.gif
997 KB, 245x170
>>62664982
Please, PLEASE come back!
>>
File: pleaseno.jpg (14 KB, 220x275) Image search: [Google]
pleaseno.jpg
14 KB, 220x275
>>62665008
Everything has its time and everything ends anon. And on that note...

Ladies and gentlemen...

Introducing...

your new Doctor Who!!!
>>
File: tumblr_mwqrccESgp1qe3p9bo3_250.gif (268 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwqrccESgp1qe3p9bo3_250.gif
268 KB, 245x220
>>62665033
Oh dear lord.
>>
File: 1445927943380.jpg (29 KB, 245x295) Image search: [Google]
1445927943380.jpg
29 KB, 245x295
>>62665033
>>
>>62665033
if that's true, then im not gonna make it bros
>>
File: SteC (1).gif (58 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
SteC (1).gif
58 KB, 357x200
>>62665033
dont even joke about that
>>
>>62664882
Really? I don't know if that's better or worse.
>>
>>62664933
I don't know where I am!
>>
I CAAN'T DECIIDE
WHETHER YOOOU SHOULD LIVE OR DIIIEEE
>>
>>62665199
MY VOODOO CHILD
>>
>>62665164

I don't have the article it came from but I remember hearing it on /who/ before
Knowing matt's antics on set it wouldn't surprise me, it wouldn't be the only thing they decided to add while filming (in that S5 angels episode there's a bit where 11 grabs onto a handle and it falls off, that was originally an accident that they found funny and in-character so they decided to reshoot it as if it was on purpose)
>>
>>62665073
>>62665081
>>62665093

Non yank here, what's wrong with that fellow?
>>
>>62665312
Nothing as far as I'm aware, he's a brit actor who played the lead in Slumdog Millionaire. The dramatic reaction is probably to a mixture of his young age (25 so like a year below Smith at his debut) and lack of whiteness.
>>
>JUDITH TEAPOT asks: Who was the Doctor talking to at the start of Before the Flood? What are the rules about breaking the fourth wall?

Rules are great. They make such a lovely snapping noise when you break them.

Okay, I do have an answer to this, Miss Teapot, because it's something I've really thought about. But first let's talk about Toby. Because this scene - this brazen, unexpected opener to Episode 4 - is exactly why I love Toby Whithouse.

"Treat it like you own it," is what I'm always telling people on Doctor Who. Writers, directors, actors, everybody. We are not tending to a mausoleum, we are making a real, living, breathing TV show - one that must change, and surprise, and break every rule it can find. Drama not dogma. It's hard sometimes - harder than I mostly let on. As fans go - and I'm still more a fan than anything - I'm pretty dogmatic. Change makes me whimper. Continuity keeps me awake. I'm still working on my definitive answer to UNIT dating (it was a tough choice, but I've opted for Jo Grant. Sorry, Corporal Bell). So what I really want is a script that makes [me] go "No, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

And boy, did I. Toby took me at my word and shocked my face off. "He's talking to the camera," I thumb-sucked at the top of my voice. "He's never done that before. IS THIS ALLOWED???"

Of course, Fan Boy brain woke up with a grubby notebook of lists and a profound air of personal isolation, and started whining at me. In fact, within the actual show - he lectured me - the Doctor has done it at least twice before. In the 1965 Christmas Special, The Feast of Steven, William Hartnell wished all of us at home a Happy Christmas (and, oh God, I would SO LOVE to see that moment), and in The Invasion of Time, Tom Baker complained to the audience that the sonic screwdriver wouldn't open this door, in a manner that suggested he was annoyed at the script's lack of inventiveness on this point.

(1/?)
>>
But who, on all those occasions, is the Doctor talking to? I put down Toby's script (something I can never normally do) and paced my office. The answer came, and was a surprise to me. I think it will surprise you too, Miss Teapot. Because the answer, Miss Teapot, is YOU.

Yes, you read that right. The Doctor is talking to you!

I realise, from your point of view, the Doctor is just a made-up character in a TV show. But this isn't the only reality, and these aren't the only rules. On the other side of the screen, the Doctor is real and you're the made-up one. However, despite your non-existence, he knows you are watching. Why? Because, Miss Teapot, you are, and always have been, the Doctor's imaginary friend. And the whole story of Doctor Who is about why he needs you. Companions come and go, but you and the TARDIS are the only constants. And he needs you because the Doctor isn't really the Doctor.

No, go with me on this, stop sulking and protesting. Put down that well-chewed copy of The Doctor Who Monster Book - I have the same edition, with many of the same bite-marks. Instead, go take a look at the very beginning of Doctor Who. As it happens (and with my finely tuned grasp of how to spend my limited leisure time) I'm re-watching the first Dalek serial right now. And amazingly good it is too. But the thing that leaps out at you is that the character we know as the Doctor simply isn't there. There's a bloke with that title, and he's got a magic phone box and a frock coat, and the comedy hair is definitely in play. But he doesn't behave like our hero at all. He's selfish, a bit unpleasant, spiteful at times, timid, and, to be frank, he's completely useless for large stretches of story. He manages to be both cruel and cowardly, several times per episode. In short, he is a boringly typical Time Lord (although we don't actually meet them for a few years). Ah, but keep watching. Because the first few years of the show is all about the Doctor getting his Doctor on!

(2/3
>>
Piece by piece, television's greatest ever hero assembles himself in front of you. The Doctor becomes more than a title - it becomes an aspiration. A mark to hold himself to. Never cruel and never cowardly ("again" he adds under his breath) becomes a motto to live by.

But the thing is, it's tough to be a hero on your own. You have to be a hero for someone. His companions help - a chance to show off, and be amazing. The Doctor makes other people better, of course he does - but what none of those people realise is that they make him the Doctor. But what about when he's alone? In those dreadful moments, at the bottom of some terrible pit, when there's no hope, no escape, and no witnesses - who are you a hero for then?

Forgive the vanity of an old man, but in those moments the Doctor is imagining a vast, adoring audience applauding his every move. Haven't you ever wondered why he sometimes makes jokes when he's alone? Because, Miss Teapot, he's trying to make you laugh. It's the only thing that keeps him going. He's nothing without an audience. That's why we must never, ever stop watching, not for a single episode. He's being the Doctor for you - we're not just viewers, we're mission control. The universe depends on the Doctor, and the Doctor depends on us. So! See you on Saturday? He'll notice if you don't show up.

(3/3)
>>
>>62665252
That is pretty funny. But the idea of Matt thinking of 'le quirky catchphrase' to rival 10's is cringey af
>>
>>62665451
Can you also give us all the new stuff about the final episodes?
>>
>>62665451
Please, scan or just take a pic of the new pictures from the final episodes and post them here if you can.
>>
lads, I've just woken from a dream about Clara
>>
File: wewlad.jpg (10 KB, 230x279) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.jpg
10 KB, 230x279
>>62665653
>>
Reminded when Clala dies the Doctor completely changes TARDIS interior instead of making slight changes and gets his new sonic screw driver because Clara dies with the sun glasses on her face.
>>
The Doctor is the Dalek Lord isn't he?
>>
>>62665832
Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_nxcy09QH5I1thxmefo1_400.gif (554 KB, 311x436) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxcy09QH5I1thxmefo1_400.gif
554 KB, 311x436
>>62665653
Describe it while I stroke myself.
>>
>>62665507

If I remember, Moff had scripted pretty much all of Series 5 by the time Rusty asked him to write the post-regeneration scene. It was written in there just for Matt to say something silly and exciting, but the public seemed to latch onto it as his catchphrase. So any instance in Series 5 is ad-libbed.

Guess the kids like silly things coming out of grown men's mouths.
>>
>>62665451
>>62665470
>>62665489

Moff couldn't bring himself to say the real reason
which is, of course, that Before the Flood and Under the Lake by default are not canon because of this fourth wall break. Toby wanted to do something clever and different, but it was at the cost of making his episode not canon
>>
>>62666269
>Moff couldn't bring himself to say the real reason
>which is, of course, that Before the Flood and Under the Lake by default are not canon because of this fourth wall break.
Please go and look up 'reason' in the English dictionary.
>>
File: 1416466997900.png (44 KB, 182x195) Image search: [Google]
1416466997900.png
44 KB, 182x195
>>62666318
wew lad
>>
the doctor kicks clara out of the tardis because she's become a danger. they're too alike now and no good ever comes out of it. she betrays him and steals the tardis. something goes wrong and she merges with it. he has to defeat the tardis in episode 12. it ends with him getting a new tardis from gallifrey, a type 50.it has the same interior design though. this is what moffat was scared of changing
>>
>>62666738
That goes a long way to explaining a nagging detail from series seven
>>
>>62666738
>implying he wouldn't just keep travelling inside Clara
>>
>>62666738
Seems a bit too long story to fit it in two episodes. But not bad.
>>
It'd also mean pilfering another idea from the books (Compassion)
>>
I've read somewhere theory that in Face the Raven it's not Clara who dies (as we all problably think) but The Doctor. That's why he is all alone in 11th episode. Also after he dies his Testament will open.
>>
>>62667094
>The Doctor
>Dying

Nice try Moffat
>>
If the doctor fled gallifrey because of the timelord/dalek hybrid, then that makes absolutely no sense because the doctor didn't even know about the daleks until the second hartnell story. also didn't the producers in the 60's say somewhere that the reason he fled his homeworld was because of a war?
>>
>>62667304
The war thing was just in the pilot, where he also was from Venus in the 52nd century or something. Granted, it came back up with the regeneration into the second doctor, but they never said snything about it.
>>
>>62667150
Yeah. He plays this card a bit too often, but I do think there is something with that theory, mainly this disc with his will. He kinda was there for a reason.

>>62667304
That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe The Hybrid is not specifically Time Lord/Dalek. Just Time Lord and Something Else?
>>
>>62667304
He fled because he was bored. That's it, in a genre full of edgy pasts it's quaint to have a loser that just decided to run off and become a space gypsy
>>
>>62667585
Sometimes Moffat likes to answear a question nobody asked but him, like why Capaldi is having a Capaldi face. And the resolution was disapointing. I wonder if there is more to it, cause it still don't explaing guy from Torchwood.
>>
>>62666782
>explaining a nagging detail from series seven
what?
>>
>>62667779
why the tardis didn't like clara
its still to be explained
it's because the hybrid is clara/the tardis
>>
>>62667830
CLARDIS
>>
>>62667830
wasn't it because the splintered herself across the Doctor's timeline and the Tardis weirded out at that?
>>
>>62667428
>Jack comes with a resurrection glove and brings him back to life. This connects Jack and the Doctors life Their lifeforce is a hybrid.
>>
>>62668032

That's what I always took it to be, but knowing moff he'll find a second way to interpret that and take advantage of it for some twist
>>
>>62667830
I thought it's just because Clara's annoying
>>
It's obvious. TARDIS senses and knows Clara becomes TImelord/human hybrid AKA Missy.
>>
>>62668151

But if that were the case the tardis would still be having fits at clara instead of this plot line not ever being touched for over 1000 years tardis time
>>
>>62668263
Sorry I don't understand the not ever being touched for over 1000 tardis years. Can you explain?
>>
>>62668399

In Time of the Doctor, the tardis stood stationary on Trenzalore for 900 years. I believe it was implied at some point that 12 has already had 100 years worth of adventures
>>
File: g6bvf4g1tfl0ft04.jpg (21 KB, 454x331) Image search: [Google]
g6bvf4g1tfl0ft04.jpg
21 KB, 454x331
Which Doctor's Theme is your favourite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOLov2nd3k
>>
>>62668483
I don't remember this. 12 did not turned on Trenzalore. After regeneration he crashed in the Dinosaur era and then went to Victorian London. The 11th had lots of adventures on Trenzalore, but Tardis wasn't there, so he cannot run.
>>
>>62668748

I thought his tardis WAS there and just stood stationary and unused? Or am I remembering it wrong?
>>
You all keep using "Years" as if that's a fixed measurement.
It changes from planet to planet.
Most of the planets on Doctor Who, we know very little about.
Not how long a day is, not how long it takes to orbit the closest star.
>>
>>62668699

I think it's still the 9th's theme

I do like 12's but it's suffering the same fate as IATD by being used in literally every episode since deep breath instead of just scenes significant to the doctor

I miss the choral stuff marigold used to do
>>
>>62668839
Nope, he sent Clara back in the Tardis and the Tardis was suppose to come back but Clara stick to it, and they came back 900 years later. The Doctor got old during that time.
>>
>>62668699

That is not fucking 12's theme, that's just some one off piece of music from deep breath that admittedly I wondered if it would be his theme when I first heard it

12's actual theme is pretty GOAT, just wish it wasn't so overused

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JpbE_sVabI
>>
>>62668922

But what about ms dominatrix lady who came and picked up clara from the 21st century to let her see the doctor die? The tardis was stationed at trenzalore at that point
>>
>>62668922
300 years, it spent the rest just stood there
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (13 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
13 KB, 400x384
>>62668922
wasn't there an episode where clara fucking DESTROYS the tardises keys?
>>
>>62668987
Yes dear. In her mind.
>>
>>62668987

that was a dream
>>
File: KzMwG2zvE1o.jpg (51 KB, 626x356) Image search: [Google]
KzMwG2zvE1o.jpg
51 KB, 626x356
First look on Veil's Yard
>>
>>62669302
Sauce?
Are you the guy I asked to scan the pics of the final episodes from DWM?
>>
>>62669302
>Veil's Yard

t-they're not actually calling it that, are they?
>>
File: 1314288100840.png (146 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1314288100840.png
146 KB, 400x300
Oh but this cap has never been more accurate.
>>
>>62669367
>Sauce?
http://theconsultingdetectivesblog.com/2015/11/12/doctor-who-heaven-sent-promotional-picture/

>Are you the guy I asked to scan the pics of the final episodes from DWM?
No, I'm }8P without the trip

>>62669402
>t-they're not actually calling it that, are they?
No. Just "moving mechanical castle". With Veil in it.
>>
>>62664656
Girl who waited was fine in s5, then they ruined it through overuse
>>
>>62669302
So, he literally meant a rotating mechanical castle full of visual effects.
>>
File: milesmilesmiles.jpg (448 KB, 748x748) Image search: [Google]
milesmilesmiles.jpg
448 KB, 748x748
>mfw the Hybrid is Lolita
>mfw Faction Paradox is canon
>>
>>62669302
Reminds me a lot of the cloister room from Logopolis.
>>
>>62669426
>http://theconsultingdetectivesblog.com/2015/11/12/doctor-who-heaven-sent-promotional-picture/
And were the hell did they find it?
What do they mean 'the BBC released'?
Where did they release it?
>>
> you'll never be a cutie chubby french fangirl with huge tits baking multicolored cupcakes for Colin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9LrXxrye1Q
Why live ;_; ?
>>
>>62669472
carmago probably

or could be photoshop maybe?
What's wrong with his hand?
>>
>>62669472
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/48/doctor-who
Same synopsis, just added a picture from the actual episode.
>>
>>62669302

>tfw no whoodie
>>
>'I'm sorry, Clara. You're my phantom pain.'

SHE'S ALREADY DEAD CONFIRMED
>>
>>62669568
b8
>>
>>62669481
She didn't seem all that chubby. I mean making cupcakes isn't terrific for one's figure but she's not exactly plump.

Also, damn I wish I could be that excited about anything. That level of enthusiasm was nice to listen to
>>
>>62669615
She looks chubbier in other videos.
Also her boyfriend is used as a reaction image here, he's cosplaying as Hartnell and looks pissed off.
>>
I wish the Doctor's Wife was companion-free and Nightmare in Silver was child-free
>>
>>62668699
10th, without doubt. I like them all though. But 10th gives me the chills.
>>
>>62669761
nightmare in silver yes, although originally it was going to be victorian clara and her wards, so it would've been like a theme or something.

Doctor's Wife, it did help establish House as an evil entity and also show what he could do with a Tardis.
>>
>>62669462
>mfw Lolita eats the War King/Queen again
>mfw nothing can be canon because Lolita ate the cannons
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/48/doctor-who
HEAVEN SENT CONFIRMED TO BE 55 MINUTES.
GET HYPE.
>>
>>62670754

Is that the first or second part?
>>
>>62670789
1st.
>>
>>62670789
First, second part is I think Hell bent.
>>
>>62670803
>>62670805

I wonder if Hell Bent will be longer too
I've taken it that since seasons are 12 episodes now instead of 13 it allows for one or two of them to be slightly longer
>>
>>62670754
Maybe the 2nd part is 1 hour and 15 minutes long, and they could market it as whole with cinema release while balancing out the 12 episodes instead of 13.
>>
>>62670828
If it means anything, the Christmas one will be shown in theaters again.
>>
>>62670754
But DWM said

>Episode 11 is essentially one 45-minute monologue with the Doctor

They didn't say 55? Either way Episode 11 is looking fucking GOAT.
>>
>>62670754
>55 minutes of Capaldi talking to himself written by Moffat

I don't remember when I was hyped less.
>>
Just saw Missy is trending worldwide.
What is happening?
>>
>>62671303
Missy Elliot
>>
There was a guy on here a few weeks ago claiming episode 11 would take place inside "a castle that's really the masters tardis" and that missy wasn't the real master.
This week it was announced ep11 was taking place in a castle...any truth to this then i wonder?
>>
>>62671685
ep 11 being in a castle has been known for a while, the official instagram accounts posted a pics of it and some of the filming happening was reported by local fans
>>
>>62671685
The castle being Missy's TARDIS would be cool, but Missy not being the real Master is just wishful thinking.
>>
>>62672019
>not liking missy
m8
>>
>>62672050
No, I generally like Missy. By "wishful thinking" I was referring to fans who couldn't accept her.
>>
>>62672019
i like missy but i would've preferred it if she was a new character
>>
Episode 12 features the Doctor at his darkest point according to Moffat.

Get hype for Punished 'Venom' Doctor.

Time Lords become demons in outer Gallifrey.
>>
>>62672193
>Veil
>The Veil's garden in Episode 11
>Garden = yard
>The hybrid
>Veil + yard = hybrid
>Hybrid = Valeyard
>>
>>62672193
Never finished the game, but wasn't Venom Snake not really Big Boss? So who is actually the Doctor?
>>
>>62670821
All the episodes have been 5 minutes longer so far
>>
File: IMG_20151112_184342.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_184342.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
The quote at the bottom reads:

CLARA: Is it a sad song?
DOCTOR: Nothing's sad until it's over. Then everything is.
CLARA: What's it called?
DOCTOR: I Think it's called Clara.
>>
File: adricplusgif.gif (578 KB, 288x218) Image search: [Google]
adricplusgif.gif
578 KB, 288x218
>>62672213
Adric would approve of those equations.
>>
>>62672231

Venom Doctor is the Valeyard
>>
>>62668699
11 is not my favourite doctor, but I am The Doctor is just on a different level. All the music during 11's run was damn good IMO.
>>
Other characters in hell bent include: Davros, missy, the weeping angels, cybermen, 8th Doctor 'slider', 10th doctor 'slider' and finally the hybrid (which many will no doubt nickname 'Clardis'.) the events of this story begin the arc for next series, as the doctor enters a stage called mitogeneration in which he splits in half, forming the valeyard.
>>
>>62672528
nice fanfiction
>>
>>62668929
Shit 12th's is good.
>>
>>62672339
hey man, any updates on your sisters condition?
>>62672446
11's music with 10 would have been GOAT.
>>62672528
Real or fake sounds amazing.
>>
>>62672528
Good enough for Big Finish!
>>
>>62672528
>forgetting to mention the Daleks in a fake synopsis that includes Davros
>>
>>62672643
>implying you'd need to mention there are daleks when there is davros
>>
>>62672643
The daleks aren't in it. Davros appears in a new form/casing
>>
>>62672528
Cybermen and Weeping Angels were first mentioned in the Radio Times and are probably used in the 'alien refugee camp' in Face the Raven.
>>
File: tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho1_1280.jpg (851 KB, 1280x1880) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho1_1280.jpg
851 KB, 1280x1880
>>
>>62672588
She's back at her home, and has a nurse visiting twice a day for what not. I saw her yesterday. She looked like hell. Going forward she might have to have dialysis and who knows what else. I didn't really get into it with her, cause medical speak actually triggers seizures/syncope and like nervous ticks in me so i avoid it.
>>
>>62672693
Ha, fuck you.
https://twitter.com/colseywolsey
He's gotten everything right so far(apart from the trolling tweets) and he says Daleks are in Hell Bent.
>>
File: tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho3_1280.jpg (697 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho3_1280.jpg
697 KB, 1280x1707
>>62672715
>>
>>62672688

The BF story 'Davros' features no Daleks.

Sadly, Davros upstages the Daleks in every story he's in.
>>
>>62672715
Love you, Anon :)
Give us some more, maybe episode 10 pics?
>>
File: amydochug.webm (556 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
amydochug.webm
556 KB, 640x480
>>62672588
Ty for asking btw sorry
>>
>>62672724
I really hope she turns out okay. Stay strong man, times are tough for you but make sure you are there for her, your family but most importantly for yourself. If the worst case happens you need to emotionally be ready otherwise it can seriously break you. The fact she is home now though sounds like good news to me, so a big well done to her for being such a fighter! She will fucking beat this thing bro!
>>
I haven't seen the show in a while. Which episodes from this series should I watch?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (25 KB, 589x109) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
25 KB, 589x109
>>62672735
>He's gotten everything right so far
That other anon is full of shit but this guy on twitter is wrong half the time
>>
>>62672792
Frankly, none of them. They are all crap in diffrent ways. Or watch all of them and decide which are least crap by yourself.
>>
>>62672744
>Sadly, Davros upstages the Daleks in every story he's in.
Not Remembrance (if only because he appears near the end).
>>
>>62672797
I mentioned the trolling tweets.
Learn to tell troll and actual spoilers apart.
>>
>>62672792

Under the Lake/Before the Flood
The Zygon Invasion/The Zygon Inversion
>>
File: tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho4_1280.jpg (650 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho4_1280.jpg
650 KB, 1280x1707
>>62672736

>>62672766
Not my images, I yanked them from tumblr. They've only uploaded the episode previews for ep 11 and 12.
>>
>>62672735
the daleks aren't in episode 12, although you will find out the purpose of mark gatiss' eternal dalek from series 5. and the cliffhanger to episode 11 isn't that surprising. it's the doctor being teleported to gallifrey, but it's in ruins.
>>
Just watched the 50th.
What's the difference between a time lock and a time freeze?(or whatever they did to Gallifrey)
>>
File: 9.jpg (107 KB, 992x742) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
107 KB, 992x742
>>62672824
>>
>>62672780
No problem bud, I have four brothers so i just can't even imagine what you are going through. I am trying to somehow emotionally help you in any way i can.
>>
>>62672840
I'd never thought I'd say that, but God bless Tumblr.
Are there any more?
Blog link?
>>
File: Time Lord Hat.jpg (74 KB, 635x805) Image search: [Google]
Time Lord Hat.jpg
74 KB, 635x805
>>62672840
This is one of the hats Time Lords wear, right?
>>
File: tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho5_1280.jpg (651 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho5_1280.jpg
651 KB, 1280x1707
>>62672840

>>62672904
http://upslapmeal.tumblr.com/
>>
File: tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho6_1280.jpg (705 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxpptxOHRc1tkjnkho6_1280.jpg
705 KB, 1280x1707
>>62672949
>>
>>62672940
Yes, episode 12 is set on gallifrey. the classic doctors are actually in it this time (5,6,7). I am aware this sounds too good to be true but its not. 8th doctor returns as a slider. the story is about the beginnings of the valeyard. clara is the reason he's made (unsurprisingly).. theres a flashback to the 11th doctor on trenzalore experimenting trying to break the regeneration cycle as well.
>>
>>62673001
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>62672787
Ty I appreciate that. I've got 4 siblings and she's the oldest and like 17 years older than me. We're not terribly close but probably the one im closest to of all of them. I honestly havent talked to the others in years. I think I'd be ok. I'd be more concerned for my mom who's getting too old for a loss like that. My sister has 4 daughters that are close by so i'm sure she'll be we taken care of.
>>62672902
Thanks again.
>>
>>62673001

You do know that Big Finish and Moffat meet up regularly to discuss upcoming stories to make sure that they don't use the same elements or contradict each other?

Why would Moffat let them use the Valeyard if he also had something planned for him?
>>
>>62672876
There isn't one and both terms can mean different things depending on who the writer is.
>>
>>62672834
Thanks
>>
>>62673132
It's hinted at through the flashback to trenzalore and through a dialogue between ohila and the doctor. the veil is the creature from Listen and Midnight. it has been following the doctor since the salvation of gallifrey. it causes clara to fuse with the tardis, destroying them both, creating 'the ultimate warrior' which can erase its enemies from existence and stop them from ever being born, creating a universe of paradoxes and chaos, but it's neutral to begin with. That's why Missy teams up with davros, and that's her plan all along. her plan was to match The Doctor+Clara, so Clara would merge with the machine, becoming the hybrid. That way, she can tame it and control the universe. Heaven is gallifrey, and heaven sent the Veil.
>>
>>62673325
nah
>>
>>62672792
Two-parters from start to finish
>Lots of mucking about with some weird conversations and forced memetastic scenes, but lots of fun with Missy and Clara
>Spooky ghost story with crappy resolution. Still spooky though
>Comedy about stupid aliens followed by some musing about immortality, featuring Arya from GoT
>Terrorism thriller with awkward moral dilemma, from the creator of Kill the Moon. Pretty thrilling though.
>>
>>62672876
Time Lock means you can't go on a whim and need some kind of bullshit plot device (Drums, moment, Clara's mucking around interface)
Time Freeze means nothing interesting happens to you
>>
>>62673054
It's fine man. yeah it always suck when a mother lives beyond her children. My Uncle died a couple years back and my grandmother was so heartbroken. I hated seeing my parents, other uncle and Grandmother so upset. I never have seen them cry. It killed me. Thanks for coming on /who/ at times like these as well, it shows you care :P
>>
>>62673450
What I understood:
A Time Lock forbids a time traveller from accessing the events of the War, not travel in the planet at any other moment.
But then how did War and the other Doctors access it?
Did they just pop in to make a graffiti and blow up Daleks with their sonics?
A Time Freeze means that Gallifrey, the whole physical planet is frozen and again no one can access it, nothing happening, safe in another universe, right?
>>
>>62673591
I had come to think of Time Lock as mist, rather then a wall. You can travel to it, or out of it, but you can't hit the spot unless you've got a strong presence at the site of the arrival to lock on.
>>
>>62673591
Time Lock; no one can enter or leave and its closed off to the rest of time and space. Maybe a bit more lenient than that.

As far as "time freeze" goes; think of it like those 3D paintings, only replace "painting" with "pocket universe." It's stored somewhere waiting to get out.

In DotD, the Moment was able to summon the Doctors there because she was the all powerful mcguffin that could do anything. When they blew up the Dalek earlier, that was them coming out of the Gallifrey Falls painting. They weren't actually there, just in an instance of its environment.
>>
>>62673641
That sounds nice. I like your theory.
So, ok, my bf spoiled me the thing about Clara flying the tardis to Gallifrey, so, does the time freeze applies to every event ever happened?
Like from the moment they time freezed Gallifrey, they also affected its past?
Are Gallifrey's past, present and future events locked?
>>
>>62673781
My theory matches portrayal in The End of Time (Rassilon's plan was to use drums and a diamond to arrive to Earth), Day of the Doctor - Moment summoned Doctors and Listen (Clara navigated Doctor's timeline)
>>
>>62658133
The guy took the video down
>>
File: 1414299143164.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1414299143164.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>62673781
That one's still up for debate. I feel like it's still time locked, but Clara was able to get there because she's directly linked to the Doctor's timeline.
There's a bit earlier in that ep where the Doctor finds someone tied to Clara's timeline in the same way.
>>
been awfully quiet around here...
>>
>>62674698
everyone is watching shia stream
>>
You probably sometimes imagine what kind of story you would write for Doctor Who. Since we have nothing else to talk about, what would your story be like?

I can't visualise any good monster, so all my monsters are invisible and budget-saving.
>>
>>62674883
I'd go with a whole episode where the character speak in texting.
>>
>>62674883
I'd write something fun and campy, with perhaps some over the top violence
>>
>>62674724
Oh fucking great, a week of dead threads until cunts get bored of another shitting stream.
>>
>>62674724
shia stream?
>>
>>62675038
m8 its over in a few hours cool your bitches
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqDgPoB8YnU
another classic mispronunciation gold mine from our good friend Sammi Carter
>>
File: 60.jpg (84 KB, 725x430) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
84 KB, 725x430
>>62664982
It's true, I totally am
>>
File: capaldi.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
capaldi.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>62675134
>>
>>62674883
Creatures that feed of despair and loneliness so we can can have a moral about not forgetting about our elderly and infirm while also giving the Doctor a chance to bitch that no fucker noticed all these elderly and infirm people were dying and disappearing until he did.
>>
>>62675129
>Rigley
>Flashline
>Ashid
>refuse instead of refugees
>>
>>62675129
>RIGE-LY
>FASHLANE
>ASTHLID
>>
>>62675129
>OLOLEEN, I don't know if we've had that character before

...Is he talking about Ohila?
>>
>>62675129
I'm still none the wiser as to why no one has made a page on the wiki about this guy yet
>>
>>62675590
Probably because the last time anyone did, it got purged when Matrixlord caught wind of it
>>
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/q81/s960x960/12194828_10153307232766588_2289374965501159513_o.jpg
>>
>>62675819
how bad is this shit gonna be? its not a bbc production since they dont own K9 or omega. its literally just a more expensive fanfilm at this point.
>>
>>62675742
Who's matrixlord?
>>
>>62675976
Sammi's former best pal and a nutjob egotist who hosts a shitty podcast that some trolls here try to big up as a huge deal when it's really nothing of worth. He found out about the Sammi wiki last year (yes, Sammi once had a whole wiki devoted to his antics) and had it shut down because he found an article of him on it.
>>
>>62675819
fark off azeotwat
>>
>>62676130
ah yeah, i think i've seen his videos shared on here. he's the guy who looks like Danny DeVito and writes self-help books about depression isn't he?
What about the fat dude who always wears that metal mask and fedora with loads of swords hung up on his wall
>>
>>62666073

that's some nice making shit up you're doing there
>>
>>62667724

>cause it still don't explaing guy from Torchwood.

He's descended from Caecilius m8
>>
>>62676213
Doctor Freedom? Yeah, he's the one that calls "Day of the Doctor" the Errror of the Zygons (wonder if he feels the same way about the 50th now that it led to the Inversion story he's praising to the heavens along with the other cheerleader Whovians)
>>
>>62667724
>it still don't explaing guy from Torchwood

cause its 2dark4kidz
>>
>>62676495
Watching 'matrixlord212's latest episode of 'the real whovians cast'. he's reading news off Doctor Who TV and treating it like its exclusive to his podcast. Everyone on the podcast looks and sounds autistic as well, including matrixlord. He has to be considering he's done over 700 Doctor Who podcasts. why are doctor who fans so fucking aggravating?
>>
>>62676929
I'm glad he's no longer disabling comments. I used to troll the shit out of the comments section telling him his crackpot theories and his worship of Dan Slott were poor form
>>
>>62676929
*whovians
>>
>>62674883

I posted like ten episode ideas here months ago and a load of people complained about them so nooo...
>>
>>62676981
no, no, no...these are REAL whovians on The Real Whovians Cast.
>>
>>62675129

He has some serious nasal problem. Cant listen to this shit. Makes me want to sneeze all the time.
>>
His own podcasts are pretty depressing to watch, he gives every episode a 10/10 and there's only ever like one person on it, two if he's lucky. He burned a lot of bridges last year in that Whovians 'tube war.
>>
>>62677156
>implying anyone actually watches matrixlord212 talk about Doctor Who for 40+ minutes
>>
>>62676144
Good one, how long did it take for you to come up with that one?
>>
>>62665312
I don't know but he's a total hottie
>>
>>62674883

i've had a couple of ideas recently that i think are worth mentioning

>the plague ship - new doctor opener. someone (big bad for the series?) infects the tardis with a (biodata) virus, causing it to go haywire. both its timeline AND its relative dimensions degenerate and mutate. its interior has become to fucked up by the infection that it resembles a sort of ghostly mimicry of london, with pedestrians who age into skeletons if you try and talk to them, and constantly reshaping labyrinthine streets that don't make sense. also the walls and floors keep trying to suck you in and consume you or whatever, and there are these antibodies that look like buses with metal spider legs. new companion has to help amnesiac doctor remember who he is and also sort out wtf is happening. the fact that ghost-london is the tardis is a big reveal near the end.
>necronauts - beings from the far future who were using time technology to experiment with immortality, ended up killing themselves but slowing the event of their deaths down by 4 million times or something, meaning they're dying very very very slowly. bit edgy but yeah.
>anchormen - time lords from gallifrey's past who travelled through time in really primitive biomechanical time travel suits. also referred to as 'deep-time technicians'. their job was to established fixed points at billions of events in the continuum, so that the time lords could anchor their version of history - the web of time - and it would be impossible to even change any of these important fixed points without causing paradoxes or causing the whole web of established history to collapse. the fixed points are the anchorpoints of the web, like with the threads of spiderwebs. anyone can create a pseudo-fixed point but only the time lord's ones are truly fixed. their version of history was so dominant that even when they weren't in our universe it still existed.
>>
>>62664982
Reminder that Based Ecclesake saves every single story in series 1. All of them are absolute classics because of him. The show goes down hill from Christmas Invasion on.
>>
>>62677411

cont.

>a pure historical story where the doctor and companion land in 14th century Yalta, Crimea. Companion gets kidnapped by Genoese or Venician slave traders and taken across the Black Sea past Byzantine Constantinople and into the Mediterranean and to the Mameluk Cairo slave market. The slavers also take the TARDIS in their pillaging. The Doctor has to chase both of them down over a week or so, meets Ibn Khaldun when he gets to Egypt, who helps him rescue his companion.
>an alien drug cartel that shifts a chemical analogous to human cerebrospinal fluid. they come to earth and think they've hit the jackpot because the organic fluid doesn't exist in any other species they know. they start harvesting it from humans and their drug empire starts booming.
>base under siege story with 2-D mural monsters that turn out to actually be non-corporeal telepathic phase beings that project themselves onto your retina, so people see different monsters or some people can't see them. they also feed off the excess energy from brain activity produced in humans when you relate a narrative/tell a story, so they sort of possess you and make you tell stories until they've sucked enough neurotransmitters out of you that you suffer braindeath.
>some kind of being that interferes with cause and effect.
>>
>>62677449
Start with the best. Then skip straight to smith
>>
>>62677464
>>base under siege story with 2-D mural monsters that turn out to actually be non-corporeal telepathic phase beings that project themselves onto your retina, so people see different monsters or some people can't see them. they also feed off the excess energy from brain activity produced in humans when you relate a narrative/tell a story, so they sort of possess you and make you tell stories until they've sucked enough neurotransmitters out of you that you suffer braindeath.

Sounds like this could be goat-tier spoopy ngl
>>
>>62677502
>skipping 10
He's is the most popular Doctor and carries on to have the best newho stories so far whether you like it or not
>skipping any Doctor
you don't belong here.
>>
>>62677411

>the plague ship

clever name
>>
>>62677567
>10
>best newho stories
No
>>
>>62673475
I <3 /who/ probably more than a good chunk of my family. /who/ is my security blanket or safe place. It's my refuge.
>>62677341
I thought he was pretty good in newsroom and chappie.
>>
>>62677411
>>62677464

Most of these ideas are better than anything Moffat's come up with in a while tbqh senpai
>>
>>62664656
It annoys me a lot. Why does every character need all these super speshul titles?
>>
>>62664184
>Second time making a new thread this time I actually posted it in time.

Did you, Inspector? Or did you actually post it in... space?
>>
File: CTnO65qUwAEnwT-.jpg large.jpg (211 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
CTnO65qUwAEnwT-.jpg large.jpg
211 KB, 1024x1365
>>62664158
Do all "whovians" look this faggy?
why is that word even a thing
>>
>>62678239
She seems ok to be honest. Still not a big fan of the fan show though, don't see the point of it. They just interview small name youtubers.
>>
>>62678239
>>62678239
Can it be the next doctor?
>>
>>62678293
>She
>>
>>62678293
That's a girl?
>>
>>62678293

She?
>>
>>62678327
Yeah
>>
post qt claras
>>
File: photo.png (359 KB, 512x511) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
359 KB, 512x511
>>62678604
NSFW
>>
>>62678632

Fucking knew it.
>>
>>62677686
Hate on 10 all you want but Moffat's stories during Tennant were when he was at his best. Even RTD had iconic and popular shit like Midnight.

Smith has fewer things that people regard as GOAT or as iconic for Nuwho
>>
>>62678864
You forgot your tripcode.
I love Ten as a character but era was literally full of mediocre or shit episodes
>>
>>62678864
There are no iconic episodes in the Smith era. Not even the 50th.
The eleventh hour maybe. But that's it.
>>
>>62678924

The 50th special was so disappointing.
>>
>>62678910
I don't use a tripcode buddy
>>
>>62679035

I'm not your buddy, pal.
>>
>>62679049
I'm not your pal, friend
>>
>>62678924
>There are no iconic episodes in the Smith era.

>What is Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone
>What is Amy's Choice?
>What is Vincent and the Doctor?
>What is Pandorica Opens/Big Bang?
>What is The Doctor's Wife?
>What is Good Man goes to War?
>What is Let's Kill Hitler?
>What is The Girl who Waited?
>What is The God Complex?
>What is Bells of St.John?
>What is Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS?
>What is Name of the Doctor?
>What is Time of the Doctor?
>>
>>62679095
>>What is Vincent and the Doctor?

The only iconic Smith episode.

You seem to be confusing "iconic" with "good."
>>
File: This is bait m8.png (535 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
This is bait m8.png
535 KB, 1280x720
>>62679095
>posting so many shit episodes
>>
The 'iconic' episodes (aka the ones that the casuals love and remember) of Smith era are

The Eleventh Hour
Vincent and the Doctor
The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
The Doctor's Wife
The Day of the Doctor
>>
File: 1446960941554.png (6 KB, 158x318) Image search: [Google]
1446960941554.png
6 KB, 158x318
>>62678864
>>62678924
>>
>>62679182
Iconic episodes of matt smith era

50th Anniversary

It had David Tennant. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>62679182

Why do casuals have such shit taste?
>>
>>62679126

I'd say Vincent and the Doctor and The Doctor's Wife were his only really iconic and good episodes, yeah. The Day of the Doctor was fairly iconic but not that great. He did have a lot of good episodes, and, for me at least, his Doctor was a lot more likeable and engaging than Tennant's. People who claim they were basically identical are wrong, Smith was a lot less smug and a lot kinder, but also more intelligent in the way he got around shit. Also he was more alien and funnier. He was more of a Classic-style Doctor (though not anywhere near as much as Capaldini is) and reminded me of Troughton and McCoy. His best episode is still The God Complex, even if that's not really one of the iconic ones.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.