[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i hate that i like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: master-of-none.jpg (197 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
master-of-none.jpg
197 KB, 600x600
i hate that i like this
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>62664107
Watching the show you'd think Aziz Ansari is a real nigga. Then you read about him talking about minorities on tv and how straight white men have a responsibility in that and how he's a feminist and you're like: lol, nah.
>>
I honestly loved the show.
>>
>>62664107
It's got such an assured pacing and the production values are so far above any other 30 minute sit com.

Also Mornings was best eoisode.
>>
>>62664107
liking this doesnt make you a bad person

posting on 4chan "i hate that i like this" makes you a bad person
>>
Paid advertising
>>
Comfiest show this year. I enjoyed Hot Ticket the best, or perhaps The Other Man I love the transition to him fucking Claire Danes after Noah Emmerich took the last desert

Does get a bit SJW though
>>
Pretty much watched the whole series straight through, it's awesome.
The parents episode was my favourite, just because of the huge back story with the dad etc growing up and struggling then it fast fowards toward him asking his son to go get bread and he's like nah and walks off, got me in the feels
>>
>>62664350
It cutting to the ice cream during the sex just fucking cracked me up.

That was great.
>>
I've never liked stand up, but all these comedians doing semi-sitcom type shows on Netflix has made me enjoy them a lot more.

But I can't fucking stand this guy. The best thing about the show is that his awesome girlfriend leaves him at the end.

>hurr durr, i've got my pasta

At least Louie CK was quality, so when he made a point to get very obviously political it was funny to make fun of it, but this show is an unfunny little Indian guy trying to be the voice of a generation younger than him.

I don't know, I guess I'd say it's just far too try-hard, and really not that funny or engaging.
>>
>>62664107
The show is good but kinda odd. Like there many things that just kinda feel weird. Like I thought there would be a look into how he (or this character) deals with not being stereotypically attractive and short but they don't and he just gets cute gf, which is fine but odd considering the premise of the show. Then there's the side characters. The lesbian chick works fine and is pretty funny too. The Asian guy was okay but kinda disappears from the groups appearance halfway through then just shows up at the end. Which was kinda weird but not really a problem. Eric Wareheim's character is funny at times but seems weirdly out of place. I liked his character, but he seems like a goofy character written for another sitcom while the rest of the characters have some realness to them. If he was a mentally handicapped or challenged or whatever character then its odd that he's just treated like he's a completely normal person in the friendship group. That's not even a rip on mentally challenged people, I'm friends with one, it definitely alters the way you interact in a friendship group despite how minor it may be, but it's not in a bad way. But then again, you do just not notice it after the initial jarring-ness of knowing the person so maybe they did a good job with that. Even then the fact that if that was the point of his character why is it never brought up? Then there the parent's which I don't really get casting his own parents. The dad actually did really well and despite it clearly being his first acting role. His charm in the kinda goofy father is really believable. However there was no reason for his mom to be cast as she clearly couldn't handle the dialogue given to her and just takes you straight out of the experience. He said its because the actors he saw audition put on accents and it felt weird almost like parody of those 1st gen immigrants but surely he could find actors with actual accents?
>>
>>62664822
Overall though it offers some solid laughs and has got some really nice imagery especially for a sit com.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.