[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Black Mass >Suffragette >Steve Jobs >The Walk >Everest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: War Boy Dangling.png (1 MB, 1920x798) Image search: [Google]
War Boy Dangling.png
1 MB, 1920x798
>Black Mass
>Suffragette
>Steve Jobs
>The Walk
>Everest
Every potential best picture has disappointed.
Except one.
>>
>>62661960
I smiled, but you should understand you're opening up a mighty big can of worms there.
>>
It's going to definitely get nominated at this point.
It'll be up against The Revenant, The Hateful Eight, The Danish Girl, and MAYBE The Martian.
>>
>>62661960
Too bad the exception isn't pic related.

That one disappointed the most.
>>
>>62661960
Wrong, theres sicario. I sincerely hope it wins like it deserves to.
>>
File: giphy.png (165 KB, 532x615) Image search: [Google]
giphy.png
165 KB, 532x615
>tfw Bridge of Spies might actually get nominated
Ugh.
Also, why'd everyone turn on Mad Max so hard?
I get that feminists and Reddit (/TV/'s arch nemeses) liked it, but that doesn't make the movie worse
>>
Everest was enjoyable. It's not a best pic type of movie to begin with. Might get a cinematography nomination and possibly an acting nod for Brolin.
>>
>>62662070
I'm from the future. Sicario will get a Cinematorgaphy nomination but will lose.
>>
>>62662018
>The Danish Girl

I highly doubt this movie will get nominated.
>>
>>62662101
I agree
>>
>>62662124
12 Years a Slave WON for stupid reasons, and you think in this climate, The Danish Girl won't get nominated for stupider reasons?
>>
>>62662071
No one with remote sense of taste likes Mad Max. It's a 2 hour long teal-and-orange glorified retine holocaust. I'm glad that I didn't actually pay to see it or else I'd be very angry.
>>
>>62662176
How about you criticize without buzz words.
It was a good action movie that avoided tropes and used visuals as story telling.
It's not picture of the year but it's good.
Also
>Remote sense of taste
Let me guess, if I've heard of it, it's bad
>>
>>62661960
Nice bait. And here are true potential best pictures:

Spotlight - 96%, 8.8/10
Room - 96%, 8.4
Brooklyn - 99%, 8.5
Carol - 97%, 8.7

And there are still The Danish Girl, Bridge of Spies, The Revenant, maybe Suffragette, Steve Jobs, Trumbo.

It's actually a very strong year for Oscar bait movies.
>>
>>62662244
It was also a year full of strong female performances. The competition is really tough.
>>
>>62662244
Hmm... three of these are absolutely women-centric movies and there is also Joy which adds to four. In the year of muh feminism, clearly they will push for one of these to win unless some surprise like Star Wars becomes undeniable.
>>
>>62661960
Fact: The Martian and Hotel Transylvania 2 are the only movies that haven't flopped this season.
>>
I didn't even realize that The Walk and Steve Jobs came out
>>
>>62662176
It's good to know,based on the piss poor quality of your criticism, that you know nothing about good taste
>>
>>62662419
I think Carol can win. There was all this drama about Supreme Court legalizing homosexual marriage across the country and LGBT film has never won the Best Picture Oscar.
>>
>>62662489
Steve Jobs just got pulled
>>
The Walk?
>>
>>62662489

It's amazing how bad Jobs bombed
>>
>caring about rigged popularity contests
>>
>>62661960
>Sicario
>Spotlight
>Bridge Of Spies
>Brooklyn
>Room
>The Martian
>Carol
>Inside Out
>Anamolisa
>Inside Out
>The Hateful Eight
>The Revenant
>Joy

All still have good chances. If you think a third sequel to an 80s action movie is going to get in over those you are crazy. Black Mass and Steve Jobs would get in over it.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2175x3222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2175x3222
>>62661960
>implying AGI wont get back to back oscars
>>
>>62664034
That would unprecedented in modern times. Even if it's the best film of the year AGI will only get nominated.
>>
>>62661960
Everest is a very good film and one of those types of films that wins an oscar in the 90s
>>
If there was any justice Blackhat would be up for best picture and cinematography tbqh. Too bad it bombed so hard it went direct to DVD in most countries.
>>
>>62662124
Trannies are in vogue right now and the academy are nothing if not brainless vapid memers.
>>
>>62664287
A 65 on metacritic, which is what it has, would be really low for a Best Picture nominee but then again they nominated Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close so it's possible.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.