[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Production budget: >Fellowship of the Ring: 93m$ >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: sir_ian.gif (921 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
sir_ian.gif
921 KB, 236x236
>Production budget:

>Fellowship of the Ring: 93m$
>The Two Towers: 94m$
>Return of the King: 94m$

>Total:281m$
Adjusting for inflation, in 2015 dollars that's 388m$

>Hobbit trilogy total: 745m$
>http://www.ibtimes.com/hobbit-745-million-budget-released-battle-five-armies-premiere-how-does-trilogy-rank-1711490

LOTR was not only infinitely superior to The Faggit, it also just cost around half as much, despite it's location shooting, muh practical effects and glorious 35mm

>CGI overkill BTFO
>Greenscreen overkill BTFO because you made Ian McKellen cry
>3D-48fps BTFO
>>
File: hobbit-set-2.jpg (52 KB, 635x321) Image search: [Google]
hobbit-set-2.jpg
52 KB, 635x321
Seems that by doing this...
>>
>>62655689
We're actually going back to doing this.
>>
File: peter_jackson[1].jpg (25 KB, 307x200) Image search: [Google]
peter_jackson[1].jpg
25 KB, 307x200
reminder that peter jackson and peter hackson are two completely different humans
>>
>Being a juvenile nostalgia faggot STILL complaining about The Hobbit.

Not even once, The Hobbit is the better adaptation anyhow.
>>
>>62656904
Star Cuc.k detected
>>
>>62656943
Meme poster detected.
>>
The Hobbit is one of my favorite books. But they killed it. Then raped it.
One of the reasons that I liked the LOTR movies was because they made the boring parts of the book better by shorting them or removing them.

But in the Hobbit all that little extra detail made it a better book.

They also just threw in random shit like the most awkward love story and a story line with Bard (also awkward). And Legolas (that bridge scene was hard to watch).

Over all the ruined the little things of the movie and the screwed with the plot to much to make it at all likable.
>>
>>62657233
>I LIEK LOTR BECAUSE I SAW EWNE KILD
>F00K HOOBIT BECUX WUMMINZ AND LEGOLZ

That's you, faggot. Everything that is wrong with LOTR is also there in The Hobbit, you're literally a retard.
>>
>made Ian McKellen cry

old faggot needs to get with the times like you young retards

in the special features of the movie, you can see how he was never going to fit in with 13 other people in the room

they had 2 instances of the Bag End, one 'real' and one completely greenscreen

if you think that 'muh comfort' should play part in making a movie, then you and these faggot """actors""" need to find a new life.
>>
how many awards did the hobbit win
>>
>>62657666
40-50.

LOTR got 400+
>>
>>62657358
You fucked that up didnt you?
>>
File: Peter-Jackson-biography.jpg (25 KB, 408x229) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Jackson-biography.jpg
25 KB, 408x229
>>62656870
>This isn't even my final Jackson m8
>>
so like why cg the fuck out of your movie when it's more expensive? does it make it easier?
>>
File: _500.jpg (121 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
_500.jpg
121 KB, 500x673
>>62659692
>it's more expensive? does it make it easier?
Cheaper and easier than building physical sets and doing actual stunts.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOxkXB99NM

I'm actually kind of excited to watch The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Editions this Christmas. And of course my yearly viewing of LotR theatrical cut
>>
File: 500.jpg (38 KB, 500x675) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
38 KB, 500x675
>>62659770
>I'm actually kind of excited to watch The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Editions this Christmas
Is it bad I'm more excited for the extended special features? It's honestly mostly nostalgia for when I would buy each one of LOTR's extended editions when I was a teenager, reminds me of that type of excitement I still had then.
>>
>>62659720
>cheaper
>the hobbit movies literally cost twice as much

Yeah, no.
>>
Being all CG was the least of the hobbit films' problems. It was very clear that Jackson didn't want to do them, and the films suffered because of it. It also didn't help that they shoved so much extra crap in there just so they could justify having 3 feature length films, when there was absolutely no reason for it in the first place.

>>62659692
It depends on what you're doing exactly. It is usually cheaper and easier to use practical effects and build sets than to create them digitally because of the time required to make them - which when working purely digitally requires many more people so that you can get it done in a shorter amount of time, and then it is always a more difficult task to match it with principal photography.

It is when you start talking about reshoots, and errors of shooting, where things get expensive, because the actor's time is by far the most expensive luxury on set. When you work with practical effects, you have basically 1 or 2 shots to get it right, or it'll cost you more in the long run.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.