[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember that time Count Dooku literally said "Hey Obi-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: aotc-dooku_obiwan04.jpg (43 KB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
aotc-dooku_obiwan04.jpg
43 KB, 800x340
Remember that time Count Dooku literally said "Hey Obi-Wan, the chancellor is a sith lord." and then when Obi-Wan was freed and brought back to coruscant it never occurred to him that maybe he should mention that to someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXHDpCe-KI

>Bravo Lucas!
>>
File: luc0-003[1].jpg (79 KB, 310x396) Image search: [Google]
luc0-003[1].jpg
79 KB, 310x396
>>62651442
>hopefully it will work
>>
Dooku is without question the most confusing character in the franchise.

He doesn't show up for 2/3 of the movie he's the villain in, we never see him do anything that makes us dislike him, his plans are nonsense, and then he survives the film only to die in the first 15 minutes of its sequel.

Like, I can usually sort of understand what Lucas was gunning for with a lot of his other characters when viewed through his autistic lens, but Dooku is just beyond comprehension.
>>
>>62651562
I know in the EU it's established all Dooku was doing half the time was following orders (the intentions of which were solely to rile shit up so that the Senate would start to freak out). Dooku isn't necessarily a bad guy, just a man disenchanted with what a shit-hole the Republic is and who decides to join a guy who says he's doing something about it.
>>
>>62651562
Yeah, I honestly still don't know why he exists, especially since the Seperatists are just a side show anyway
>>
>>62651562
Not to mention we never actually hear his reason for leaving the Jedi Order

I always thought it would make more sense for Sifo-Diyas to be his jedi name, and Count Dooku to be his sith name.
>>
>>62651442
Holy shit I forgot about this scene. Why the hell does Dooku tell him this, if he's supposedly in league with Palpatine.
>>
>>62651442
I thought it was implied the Jedi Order was looking for Sidious for years, before and during the Clone Wars. Unless I missed something I may need to watch again
>>
>>62651739
He's called Count Dooku because, look everyone, Christopher Lee is the baddie! Y'know, like another famous baddie who he has played before, who is also a count? ;)
>>
>>62651769
because George makes 0 sense throughout 90% of the prequels.
>>
Dooku should have been an antagonist throughout all 3 films. Having him just show up in Episode 2 and die at the beginning of Episode 3 was fucking stupid.

He should have been introduced in Episode 1 as a Jedi, and at some point revealed to be the antagonist. Fuck Maul, we don't even need him, just have Dooku fuck shit up and somehow get away at the end. Then in Episode 2 he could fuck more shit up, and we could learn why he's doing what he's doing. Then at some point in Episode 3 he could die.
>>
>>62651612
dooku did nothing wrong.
>>
>>62651769
Because Obi-Wan thinks everything he says is complete horseshit meant to destroy his morale.

This was Dooku's plan, of course, and by telling him the truth about Sheev, Obi-Wan thought it was the biggest lie ever and could never be true.

Bravo, Dooku.
>>
>>62651442
Why did Dooku even tell Obi-Wan this stuff? He fucking tells him one of the most highly guarded secrets in the galaxy but still lies and pretends he's not working with Sidious/Palpatine.

Is there something I'm missing? Why does he decide to half tell him the truth and half lie?
>>
>>62651807
I agree, also his death is what should have pushed Anakin to the dark side.
The way it's done in the movie just makes it seem as forgettable as killing the sandniggers and contributes nothing toward his descent.
>>
>>62651442
>2 of the 3 best actors in the film can't make this scene watchable.
>>62651562
True. Ask me what Duku or even Maul are about...I have no idea.
>>
>>62651798
>Count Dukula
holy shit. am i dumb for just seeing this?
>>
>>62651769
>Why the hell does Dooku tell him this
Because Dooku knows Palpetine will eventually betray him. It is the Sith way.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1000x666
>>62651442
Lucasfilm really needs to get MacGregor back to revoice those lines, his delivery is weak, distant and terrible... !

He should have begun by yelling the line, "TRAITOR!"

In contrast, Sir Christopher Lee does an admirable job here.
>>
>>62651442
>>62651769
He only says "The Senate is being controlled by a Sith Lord named Sidious, and the Trade Federation was in league with him as well." Obi-Wan could've thought it was the same deal with Sheev as when Valorum was in power: he had no true power and everyone was working around him. Dooku never explicitly stated it was the Chancellor who was the Sith Lord, because that would be stupid as fuck outing Sheev.
>>62651739
>>62651798
The EU reason behind Dooku leaving the Order was that his disillusionment with the Jedi as a whole peaked after his apprentice (Qui-Gon) got killed by a Sith since the Council was too stupid to send more Jedi back to Naboo when they were told a Sith was after Queen Amidala. He then went back to his home planet of Serenno, where he was technically royalty, so he took his title and chilled as a Count for a bit before hooking up with Sheev since Sheev needed a new apprentice.
>>
Jesus its been a while since I saw episode 2 and forgot this scene count dooku literally tells him whats going and tries to get him to join him to take sith down dooku did nothing wrong
>>
>>62652019
Obi also mentions something about what Dooku told him before the clonetrooper Imperial March at the end of the film.IIRC
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4000x3089) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4000x3089
>>62651769
Dooku is trying to seduce Obi-Wan toward the Dark Side in this scene. He's appealing to Kenobi's apparently multifaceted view of Democracy, and he's invoking his old master in order to do it.
>>
>>62652019
See, it's such shitty storytelling to have an antagonist appear out of thin air, so a fucking book has to explain him.
>>
How did Obi-wan never meet the master of his master when they were in the same order?
>>
>>62652080
It's a big order.
>>
File: dooku lightsaber.png (838 KB, 1440x816) Image search: [Google]
dooku lightsaber.png
838 KB, 1440x816
I always wondered what the deal with his lightsaber
>>
did they ever say why he had the Count title?

whats the story with that
>>
>>62651442
They fucking establish that there's a Sith Lord in Episode 1. The Jedi know. Why would Obi Wan reject Dooku's claims after all the shit that happened to him ten years ago? Why would Dooku inform Obi Wan that Palpatine is a Sith Lord and offer him a place by his side but not tell Anakin in Episode 3 that Palpatine is a Sith Lord? Why is he going out of his way for Sheev when he has no allegiances to him? If he did have allegiances to Sheev, why would the separatists turn to him after being tricked by Sheev?
>>
>Luke did I ever tell you about Count Dooku. He told me the plans that led to the takeover of the republic by Sith due to the jedi arrogance but I didn't act upon them due to my own jedi arrogance. Did I also tell you how I trained the weapon of the destruction of the jedi despite being told not to. I also left your father to die in a painful agony instead of killing him there which led to him being Darth Vader.
>I was a good friend.
>>
>>62651971
>He should have begun by yelling the line, "TRAITOR!"

I think he's supposed to by muted and controlled on an account of his Jedi training.
>>
>together we can destroy the sith!!

>NO I WILL NEVER JOIN YOU!!

so obi wan was the real dark lord of the sith, dooku did nothing wrong.
>>
>>62652032
He was trying to make obi wan his apprentice so he could kill Sidious and become the Sith Lord.

I always found this scene fascinating as a kid and I really wish the movies had been focused on the obi wan/qui gon/dooku dynamic, it seemed far more interesting and a better basis for a political turmoil style of plot
>>
>>62652069
Yeah it was explained briefly in comics and the big Character Atlas or whatever they're called.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku#Leaving_the_Order
>>
>>62652153
see
>>62651798
>>
>>62652069
Jar Jar was going to be a sith, that's why Dooku appears out of no where.
>>
>>62651562
Great post desu
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 530x300
>>62652202
He could raise his voice without being emotional about it.

What do you think, /tv/, could proper dubbing fix the prequels?
>>
>>62652140
Cool design.
>>
Anyone else like the way Yoda says "Doo-Koo"?
>>
>>62652019
>oh no, bad guys killed my friend
>fuck the jedi I'm doing this on my own
>oh hai bad guy, can I join you in quest to conquer the galaxy?
>ok

How did Sheev deceive Dooku into joining him?
>>
>>62652140

doubles as a dildo
>>
>>62652212
I always thought that was stupid as fuck, it would've been kind of cool to see them working together until Dooku unveils his true allegiance to the dark side.

>>62652270
Guess I can't deny that, I did like his and Palpatine's lightsabers a lot.
>>
>count dooku
>count dracula

so Christopher lee was actually a vampire sith all along

such pottery.
>>
>>62651442
So this whole thread no one brought up the fact that at the end of AOTC Obi-Wan did tell Yoda and Dindu and they said it was an obvious lie because Dooku fell to the Dark Side and was trying to spread disinfo?
>>
>>62652140
Why is his saber red if he isn't a sith?

Also why can he fire lightning, I thought that was Sheev just being a sorcerer?
>>
>>62651858
Have you ever played mafia/werewolf?

It's sort of like when you out someone on your side hoping they will go down to take all the heat off you

Or maybe he was just ready to flip flop to whichever side let him live
>>
>>62652311
hmm obi wan joins dooku, and for a time they are togther until obi wan wants to take the finding to yoda and dooku trys to fight him, would have made a better lead up to the final battle where obi wan is hurt, anakin tries to saves him almost dies and yoda comes to save the day

as opposed to what actually happend. then again, i dont know much about pottery.
>>
>>62652200
Why do these make me laugh every time
>>
>>62652200
obi wan is really the guy who fucked it all up. if it wasnt for him none of this would have happend and we'd all be living happily ever after and sheeve would still be a sentor for naboo.
>>
>>62652349
>Also why can he fire lightning, I thought that was Sheev just being a sorcerer?
Because Lucas decided that no character in the series deserves their own unique powers anymore.

It's kind of funny how he didn't teach Anakin that power before having him fight a shitload of jedi.
>>
>>62652200
Does Luke do anything in A New Hope that Obi Wan couldn't have done himself at the end of Revenge of the Sith? Why was that bitch nigga sitting in a cave for twenty years waiting for a farm boy to grow up and fix his numerous mistakes?
>>
>>62652429
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>62651562
It's because Jar Jar was supposed to be revealed as the bad guy, but after the volatile response from the audience after TPM, Lucas chickened out and threw in Dooku half heartedly to take his place
>>
File: 1431846534568.png (306 KB, 445x550) Image search: [Google]
1431846534568.png
306 KB, 445x550
>that Yoda vs Dooku lightsaber battle
what the fuck were they thinking man
>>
>>62652429
It took a couple of decades for the rebels to be formed and then grow large enough to start a civil war/blow up the death star
>>
Sifo-Dyas was supposed to be Sido-Dyas but Lucas said fuck it.

Dooku is obviously just Dracula: Star Wars edition. This didn't occur to me until years later, since I'm fucking stupid. Also, it let Lee have one more film series with his best friend.
>>
File: sheev subtle.jpg (40 KB, 723x536) Image search: [Google]
sheev subtle.jpg
40 KB, 723x536
>>62652487
>"We've never seen Yoda fight, so people are just waiting for him to get out that little green laser sword of his"
>>
>>62652140
If you mean the curved hilt, it was meant for Form II of lightsaber combat, which is similar to fencing and all about leverage and technique. Lee was probably the most skilled swordsman out of the entire cast, so all the dueling choreography came naturally to him.
>>
>>62651442
>this cheap set
>>
>>62652429
>Luke did I ever tell you how I managed to hide you away from your father by leaving you on his home planet with his brother in law with the person your father had the most force affinity watching over him
>I was a smart friend
>>
>>62652140
It's complements his fighting style. Which involves sweeping arcs and flowing movements
>>
>>62652492
er i think a jedi could blow up a death star you know, come on.

No bascially obi wan was just being an ass. as always. I bet toda was even like, obi wan help me start up a new jedi order forget about they kids theyll be ok and obi wan was like, NO IM GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY!

and then he just say in cave about 100 yards from lukes house and never left. ever.
>>
File: 1447074966572.png (152 KB, 425x623) Image search: [Google]
1447074966572.png
152 KB, 425x623
>>62652519
>If you mean the curved hilt, it was meant for Form II of lightsaber combat, which is similar to fencing and all about leverage and technique.
Get a load of this fucking nerd - d'you read shitty Star Wars spinoff books or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1024x768
>>62652282
Palpatine brought Count Dooku on board with the Separatist movement aimed at weakening the Republic...

This Separatist movement was joined by other groups like the Techno Union Army, which destroyed unity from within. Dooku was lured by the thought that he could self-correct Democracy.
>>
>>62652554
>and then he just say in cave about 100 yards from lukes house and never left. ever.

they're probably going to make obi wan movie with him doing shit and hanging out with young luke
>>
>>62652524
set? you mean the green screen he walked in from of? there was no fucking set.
>>
>>62652518
you really see how detached lucas is from the prequels. he calls lightsabers laser swords, he doesnt get why yoda was cool, he calls gungans goongas. it really shows he was doing this for cash and not for the story
>>
>>62652140
Christopher Lee has fencing training. Modern sport fencing uses two types of "comfort" grips for swords, and one of them is the pistol grip, which is called that because it's shaped like one. Dooku's lightsaber was emulating that.
>>
>>62652554
>I bet toda was even like,
>toda
>yoda

Holy shit he evn looks like a frog too, its like, fuck yoda was actualy just a swamp toad. Fucking lucas.
>>
>>62651971
>He should have begun by yelling the line, "TRAITOR!"

And this is why, thankfully, no one of you will ever direct a hollywood movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 703x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 703x554
>>62652487
Yoda trained Dooku

Dooku trained Jinn

Jinn trained Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan trained Vader
>>
>>62652565
And he was ok with working with the guy who is clearly evil, and from a mythical ancient order of evil his order is sworn to defend against, not to mention got his student/friend killed?

Dooku, why?
>>
>forgetting about that scene and rewatching it
>reading this thread
>realizing this shit is an even bigger mess than i always took for granted

it never ends with these movies, does it? they're so bizarre and amateurish and ill-conceived that i've sort of come around to liking them.
>>
>>62651792
they literally only find out about sidious 15 minutes before episode 3 ends
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 768x432
>>62652606
The scene begins without any impact, it's like they're rolling a ping-pong ball from one side of the table to the other. If the dialogue was specific, it would work, but nothing in the movie works.
>>
>>62652610

Obi-Wan then trained Luke

Luke Trains Kylo Ren
>>
>>62652610
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>62652614
well you see, basically. shut up. ok, just shut up. its fucking poetry ok, so just fucking shut up
>>
>>62652614
dooku knew the jedi were incompetent
he also knew the republic was corrupt
he wanted to take down the sith, the republic and reform the jedi

he just couldn't do it by himself
>>
>>62652518
And uhh, really see him go to town.
>>
>>62652562
You bet your ass I do.
>>
>>62651798
COUNT DRACCIE :^)
BRAVO LUCAS
>>
>>62652627
Yeah, it's amazing just HOW convoluted they are.

>yfw people defend them and say they're enjoyable 5/10 films

They really aren't, they're literally 3/10 at best and the only enjoyable parts of the entire trilogy are Darth Maul fight in Phantom and the meme scenes in RotS
>>
>>62652669
Luke did the majority of his training with yoda doe
>>
>>62651920
Maul isn't about anything. He's not a character. He's a heat-seeking missile sent to kill qui gon and obi wan. He does literally nothing else. His only line is "yes master" or something equally worthless. Dooku, while being retarded and all over the place, is at least a character.
>>
>>62652244
[citation needed]
>>
File: Dooku death.jpg (15 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Dooku death.jpg
15 KB, 360x240
>replacing Dooku as the villain 10 minutes into Episode 3 and replacing him with some android that's much weaker than him instead of having Grievous stay as his servant until at least halfway through the film
Christ I swear the prequels are worse with villains than capeshit
>>
>>62651442
Always wondered about Dooku's motivation so it goes
>Helps the CIS rebellion, claims he wants to destroy Sheev
>Is actually working with Sheev as a mole inside the CIS

So Dooku was in on Sheev's plan to become Emperor through a civil war?
>>
>>62652677
yeah sideous counted on his ego about him thinking he could do it on his own and manipulated him while dooku thought he was winning agianst the sith he was actually working for them. which to be fair is a pretty briliant plaan by sheev, actually using a jedi flaws and pain to turn them.

You know unlike what happed to vader where literllay him turning made no fucking sense at all. there was no sense of manipulation and exposing his weakness to becoming a sith.

Dooku was a pretty well rounded character.
>>
Why is Dooku's lightsaber red? Are lightsabers like mood rings? Like once you go evil, it goes red? Anakin's was blue as he slaughtered younglings. If he hadn't lost his lightsaber, would Vader be allowed to have a blue lightsaber? Or would he have to trade his in like Dooku seemingly did? Where do they get red lightsabers? I've heard EU bullshit here about crystals and Jedi making their own lightsabers but those younglings at the academy could barely keep the dangerous end of their lightsabers away from their faces, let alone build one. So if you get them at a young age is there like a lightsaber shop in the Jedi temple? Would Sheev have his own smaller tuck shop equivalent where he only sells red lightsabers to his apprentices?
>>
>>62652365
>Or maybe he was just ready to flip flop to whichever side let him live
That would potentially make sense. But thinking about it more I honestly think Lucas just didn't know what he was doing (not that I'm surprised) but it's still pretty baffling.

I'm pretty sure Dooku was already in deep with Sidious though and had no intention of leaving.
>>
>>62651442

What the fuck. How did I never notice this before?
>>
>>62651442

How do good actors put out such a shit performance?
>>
>>62652140
the regular sabers are too painful for someone with arthritis to grip properly
>>
>>62652742
Lee was old and very ill he couldnt do another film most of that scene was all CGI with some of his acting in between.

He was in his late 80s when he made that film . replacing him with grivous was a last minuet attempt to put somone as good as dooku in now lee couldnt carry on.

That really wasnt lucas fault.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 980x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 980x570
>>62651442
What bothers me the most with this scene is that the Count is speaking in almost perfect Iambics, but Kenobi's lines hit different beats almost every time.
>>
All these threads just fill me with a desire for the prequels to be retconned by a new prequel film or two

People always discuss their ideas and there's a lot of good shit I see here about how to salvage the few parts of George's prequels ideas that might have been good

Do you think you could do a prequel to Star Wars in one film? I think it's entirely possible if you start the film with Anakin as a 30 year old adult war veteran of the clone wars - there's no need to show him as a child or teenager
>>
>>62652332
So Dooku is like the only one in the prequels actually trying to protect and save the Jedi order?
>>
How can people still be obsessed with a series of movies that came out 10-15 years ago?
>>
File: 1286313924765.jpg (56 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1286313924765.jpg
56 KB, 300x300
>>62651442
IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS WITH THESE FLICKS. GOD THEY ARE AWFUL. EVERYDAY SOME NEW POETRY IS REVEALED.
>>
>>62652832
technically yes he was being manipulated by sideous, he thought he could outwit sheev but got used himself.
>>
>>62652475
>>62652244
Stop posting bullshit

>>62652519
>>62652540
You guys have no clue about fencing or why curved sword handles are thing, just stop please.

The curved handle is for a more stabbing, less sweeping/slicing style. It's why the épée has a curved handle, which is only used as point weapon (stabbing) weapon in fencing. The problem is he doesn't fight remotely like an Épée fencer (if he did he would have rekt Anakin/obi/yoda in seconds), so the handle just for aesthetics.

If you're going to try and be a nerd about this shit, don't refer to the fucking EU and actually learn about fencing/sword fighting.
>>
>>62652838
The entire prequel trilogy is now a meme. An awful, crazy mess to laugh at and dissect.

Look at the material people got out of a fucking five minute scene with a plane. This is three entire films that are roughly the same calibre of ridiculousness, if not worse.
>>
>>62652838
>>>/r/
>>>/e/
>>>/d/
>>>/d/
>>>/i/
>>>/t/
>>
>>62652838
oh i dont know, somthing about this new film or somthing not sure, people wondering if its going to be like poetry again or if its going to suck ass like the original films which were terrible. and have loads of lots holes in and made no sense.

Like why is a boy instered in saving a princess who turns out to be his sister and then has to kill the evil dark father who turns out to BE his father. none of it make sense.

No jar jar binks, hes the realy poetry in the series, the key to all of this is jar jar.
>>
>>62652878
youre objectively wrong

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku%27s_lightsaber/Canon
>>
It occurred to me that if Dooku were a CG character this scene would've worked a lot better.
>>
>>62652766
Apparently, according to the wookiepedia article I just read:
>The synthetic crystals, favored by users of the dark side for their offensive properties, were impregnated with the negative energies of their creators which gave to the crystals their red color
>>
>>62652332
>Yoda and Dindu and they said it was an obvious lie
how fucking badly did these two fuck up. Jesus christ.
>the two most powerful jedi in hundreds of years can't detect any dark side energy from sheev even tho they work with him for decades and won't even bother to investigate dooku's claims even tho they "sense a plot to destroy the jedi". FUCK
>>
>>62652475
you just parrot any old thing you read, huh?
>>
always two there are, one in the ass and one in the mouth, that is how the sith operate.
>>
>>62652863
It's pretty clear dooku knows palpating is the Sith Lord, is his apprentice and they are working together.

The only time they aren't I right when Sidious tells Anakin to kill him.

He was always a Sith.
>>
>>62652562
I've never read the extended universe shit, but I've spent so much time on /tv/ that I know more intimate details about starwars than I do about the degree I'm studying for
>>
File: pottery.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
pottery.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>62652924
>>
Jar Jar was supposed to secretly be Darth Plageus, like a reverse Yoda, but we got Dooku instead.
>>
>>62652994
No reddit, no. Plagueis wasn't invented until George started writing the script for RotS.
>>
>>62652429

Come to think of it, when Obi Wan heard Anakin was still alive just in a cyborg suit, why didn't he just go hunt him down whilst he was still in his prime and Anakin hobbled?
>>
They should have kept either Maul or Dooku as the main villain through out the films, and should have had Anakin kill said sith in the third as part of his initiation into the Sith.

If maul, keep him as his Sith Assassin role. Targeting Padme in episode 2, and then Sheev in 3, forcing Anakin to protect both in said movies, thus creating a sort of rival drawing him closer to the dark side.

If Dooku, then see >>62651807

Grevious should have been introduced in episode 2
>>
>>62652970
no he thought he was trying to undermind the sith and he got played by sheev its how sheev turned him

its how sheev used to ego against him to turn him . at first dooku genuinly thought he could use sheev to end the sith but it all went wrong and he ended up getting used himself.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 761x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 761x768
>this guy claims he tried to do good, but then says he's been betrayed by a 'Sith Lord' above him.
What do you do? Do you join him, like Dooku did, or turn around and run far, far away?
>>
>>62653045
I slap his gf's ass
>>
>>62652912
I literally just said stop going off Fictional stars wars bullshit and learn a bit about fencing you tard.
>>
File: 1275088709262.gif (759 KB, 170x144) Image search: [Google]
1275088709262.gif
759 KB, 170x144
>>62652669
>Luke Trains Kylo Ren
>>
>>62652742
>Maul
>Dooku
>Grievous

Toys toys toys. If that was Maul all the way through...
>>
>>62653016
>Plagueis wasn't invented until George started writing the script for RotS.

kek

You really don't think that the virgin birth of Anakin, the midichlorians and the Emperor's master were part of GLs original outline?
>>
Obi-wan said, in Episode 2 at the beginning of the bar-chase the assassin scene, to Anakin while walking into the bar

>Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>62653086
its canon, get fucked
>>
>>62653086
>applying fencing to starwars
>calling others tards
>>
>>62653115
No one would give a shit because Maul isn't a character.

He has no background and no motivations, besides some vague notion of revenge that's never explained. The only reason people think he works as a villain is because he looks like the devil. He would have been a shit villain for all three movies.
>>
>>62653174
No, and:

>GLs original outline
Never existed, he made it up as he went along. Which is self evident by looking at the drafts.
>>
>>62653174
>giving this much credit to Lucas
>thinking he had any sort of plan
>>
>>62653223
to be fair he has no background because he died in the first episode
>>
>>62651442
Why didn't Dooku just tell this to Yoda?
>>
>>62653334
>to be fair
fuck off retard
>not being able to give the big bad any background when he dies at the end of an entire movie
qui gon died too in episode 1 and was given background.
>>
>>62653196
What are you even trying to argue?

In the real world curved hilts aren't used for "sweeping arcs and flowing movements", even the Wiki link you posted it doesn't say that, it says precision strikes, ie point attacks, so it's obviously not even the case in fictional Star Wars fighting You didn't even read your own link, Fuck off you moron.

>>62653221
I didn't start with the fencing shit you idiot, this guy did >>62652519

I don't care if you want guy want go off made up star wars shit, but stop trying to use fencing stuff to justify this nonsense when you've got no idea about it. That's my whole point.
>>
>>62652764
>there was no sense of manipulation and exposing his weakness to becoming a sith

What?
>>
>>62653223
>plebs can't into silent acting.

He was a deadly henchman who was fueled with hate, that's all that was needed and it worked. You don't need some 50yr back story. I'm guessing you're one of those guys who put together the breast page on the Star Wars wiki since you need an in depth analysis on everything.

But I agree he would need to be more to last more than one movie
>>
>>62653512
top kek m8, don't bother trying to reason with them, you are dealing with literal autists here
>>
>>62653597
This, he was pretty much the SW version of Oddjob or Jaws. No one complains about them needing more background
>>
File: EP3_IA_55528_R.jpg (2 MB, 4064x2704) Image search: [Google]
EP3_IA_55528_R.jpg
2 MB, 4064x2704
>>62651562
>Why are we filming my scenes first, George?
>>
>>62652766
younglings probably get smaller training sabers. I believe that building lightsabers is a skill that only jedi knights learn though its never really explained. In ROTJ Vader says to Luke after he's caught "I see you've constructed a new lightsaber (referring to the one that he dropped after his hand was sliced off on Bespin). Your training is complete."
>>
Why does Sheev call him Lord Tyranus? Does that mean his Sith name is Darth/Lord Tyranus?

Why is it never explained what he did as a Jedi? At least then it would make him feel like a threat instead of just having him suddenly become all badass when Anakin and Obi-Wan try to chop his limbs off.

When first approached by a Jedi master during the arena battle he looks like he got caught off guard, but then he just sorta freezes in place until Jango saves his wrinkled ass.

Does his bald crazy apprentice still exist in the canon? Or is she gone now so we can make way for shitty fan fiction novels and Mace Dindu 2.0?
>>
>>62651442
Dooku is such a wasted character
>>
>>62653828

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Training_lightsaber/Canon

The last part of their youngling training is building their own proper light saber.
>Grand Master Yoda trained Jedi younglings before they underwent the Gathering on Ilum, where they would find the kyber crystals needed to build their lightsabers. Then they would become Padawan to a Jedi Knight or Master.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_training/Canon
>>
>>62653667
What a fucking manlet.
>>
>>62653859
>Does his bald crazy apprentice still exist in the canon?
yes, Ventress did nothing wrong.
>>
>>62651442
holy shit, the prequels writing is actually so bad it makes the main villains intentions more honourable than the Jedi's.
>>
File: image.jpg (922 KB, 1936x2049) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
922 KB, 1936x2049
>>>62653859
>Why does Sheev call him Lord Tyranus?

My best guess is kind of obscure... George might be relating Classical and modern history.

It appears to be an obscure reference to Spengler, wherein the first Tyrannus is compared with the French Fronde.
>>
>>62651442
How has no one in this thread pointed out that HE DOES FUCKING MENTION IT. HE TELLS THE JEDI COUNCIL.

In the final scene in the council chambers, Obi-Wan asks Mace and Yoda if they believe what Dooku said about the senate being controlled by a Sith Lord, and Yoda replies that Dooku is evil and is basically trying to get them to turn on each other
>>
>>62654014
That's the point though. The whole Jedi Order had become corrupt but they were too blind to see it.
>>
>basically tells Obi Wan directly that Sheev is behind it all
>Sheev still gets away with it while Dooku gets summarily executed by a hothead

HE CAN'T GET KEEPING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>62654171
>even when given explicit directions, the Jedi can't fucking find the Sith Lord

Sheev must have been disappointed.
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 736x574) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 736x574
>>62654139
In Athens the first Tyrannos was Peisistratus.

In ancient Greece, tyrants were influential opportunists that came to power by securing the support of different factions of a deme. The word tyrannos, possibly pre-Greek, Pelasgian or eastern in origin, then carried no ethical censure; it simply referred to anyone, good or bad, who obtained executive power in a polis by unconventional means. Support for the tyrants came from the growing middle class and from the peasants who had no land or were in debt to the wealthy landowners.

It is true that they had no legal right to rule, but the people preferred them over kings or the aristocracy.
>>
>>62654171
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMKRboU1ls

at 0:50
>>
>>62652924
and then Anakin just tells Dindu the same thing in Revenge and suddenly he's like "oh fuck I instantly believe you, we need to plan something out"
>>
>>62651442
>"Together we must destroy the Sith!"
>Is a Sith Lord

uwotm8?
>>
>>62653927

lee is like 6'5

not that lucas isnt a manlet
>>
>>62654373
Was like 6'5, you mean.
>>
>>62654355
>same thing
Dooku didn't say it was Sheev.
>>
>Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross is a symphonic metal concept album by actor and singer Christopher Lee. It was released on 15 March 2010. This is Lee's first full-length album, having previously worked with such bands as Rhapsody of Fire and Manowar. The album won the "Spirit of Metal" award from the 2010 Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards ceremony. The award was presented to him by Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi.[1]

>It tells the story of Charlemagne, the First Holy Roman Emperor. The album's promotional MySpace page garnered over 20 million hits from around the world.[citation needed] The album features 2 metal bands, and a number of guest vocalists playing the different roles in the story. Music was composed by Marco Sabiu. A music video for "The Bloody Verdict of Verden" was released in June 2012.[2]

W...what?
>>
>>62654186
they weren't corrupt they were just complacent.
>>
>>62653927
Lee was 6'5"
>tfw have to type was instead of is now
jdimsa
>>
>>62652589
you mean
had fencing training
>>
>>62654435
Lee was into metal and was trained as a opera singer, I believe. He also discovered that the key to longevity is to just keep busy, so doing cool shit like this just prolonged his life.
>>
>>62653859
Remember, we knew nothing about Vader until the "I am your father" scene.

Also isn't Vader referee to as "lord Vader" as well
>>
>>62654521
>the key to longevity is to just keep busy
well I'm fucked
>>
>>62654438
Corrupt as in how they had lost their way but yeah. They were flaunting themselves as balance bringers/peace keepers but all they were by the end were warriors working for the Senate.
>>
>>62652817
>very ill

No he wasn't, and Lee did action scenes after revenge of the Sith, he even did action scenes in the hobbit
>>
DOOKU
O
O
K
U

IN
N

LOO
O
O
>>
File: 1427355072743.jpg (62 KB, 608x648) Image search: [Google]
1427355072743.jpg
62 KB, 608x648
>In late August 2015, it was reported that Cushing, who has been deceased for more than 20 years, would be digitally resurrected via CGI to appear in the role once again for Rogue One, the upcoming first movie from the Star Wars Anthology
>>
>>62651442
Sith power is by deception. Dooku knows that Obi-Wan won't believe anything he says. Therefore he is concealing the truth buy actually telling it, because the Jedi assume he is lying. One thing we learn from the prequels is the Jedi are profoundly ignorant and easy to fool.
>>
>>62652817
They should've used green screen technology to edit Lee's head onto a body double or something. It probably would've looked fake but Episode III already looks ridiculously fake so it wouldn't have really made it any worse.
>>
File: 1440246968840.jpg (24 KB, 746x411) Image search: [Google]
1440246968840.jpg
24 KB, 746x411
>>62654720
pretty soon no actors will stay dead
>>
>>62651562

Looking at it now maybe he was trying to work as a double agent all along but he clearly is not a fan of the Jedi order much either.

In fact in the movies he constantly tries to save Jedi lives whenever possible. He stops the slaughter of the Jedi giving them a chance to surrender.

After he beats Ani and Obi instead of finishing them off he turns off his light saber so while he seems to disagree with the Jedi he doesn't hate them.

Maybe he wanted to be a benevolent dictator or maybe he just didn't want to be a Jedi but wanted to destroy the Sith.
>>
>>62652349
>>62652427
Dooku shooting lightning was the most pointless shit. George could've had him use force push and it would've had the same result but George had to take something unique from the original trilogy and shit all over it for no good reason.
>>
>>62651807
but obi-wan had to kill maul to become a knight to train anakin. Maul was a one off for a reason
>>
>>62654435
>Rhapsody of Fire
>Manowar
I wanna respect him less for working with such shit bands.
But this shit is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 970x545
>>62654992
Wait till Kylo Ren unmasks at the end of The Force Awakens and sings this standard holiday classic:

http://youtu.be/gVzOve8T39w
>>
>>62654992

My sides were the chosen ones
>>
the prequels stand up to no scrutiny at all do they? Just completely flawed in every way
>>
File: dracula-prince-of-Darkness-01.jpg (150 KB, 1200x841) Image search: [Google]
dracula-prince-of-Darkness-01.jpg
150 KB, 1200x841
>>62651562
I always got the sense he was thrown in there simply because Lucas is a Hammer Horror fan, Peter Cushing and all in New Hope.
Thus, when he knew Christopher Lee was game, he wrote him in hastily as a "Count D-" (get it) in a role that wouldn't make rewrites too hard on that "masterful" script he had hacked up.
>>
>>62651562
he was a good guy doing things for the greater good. the jedis don't allow for this moral flexibility. he even had captured sheev but then the two idiots that he saved repeatedly came
>>
>>62652878
Stop pretending you know what you're talking about. There are a metric fuckton of swords with curved handles. And why you even brought up the epee is a mystery as the grips are nothing alike, so spout your google regurgitated shit elsewhere you tryhard.
>>
>>62652540
>his fighting style
>sweeping arcs and flowing movement
>swing sword like a windmill for 5 minutes
>literally what every fucking jedi does
>>
File: 1393856344861.png (38 KB, 300x264) Image search: [Google]
1393856344861.png
38 KB, 300x264
Dooku was played by Sidious from day 1 and he had no idea

> Dooku leaves jedi order b/c it's growing impotent
> beloved student qui-gon is killed by maul
> dooku is fucking around in the outer rim doing his own thing, doesn't know
> palpatine approaches him to become his new apprentice
> makes perfect sense from sidious' POV. dooku has connections, jaded to be influenced properly and is very experienced in the jedi
> dooku agrees as he's disillusioned with the jedi
> palpatine obviously doesn't tell dooku everything
> trade federation guys come to dooku separately
> tell him that they were betrayed by a sith lord
> dooku realizes palpatine treats alliances like cum tissues and is vulnerable
> dooku puts 2&2 together and realizes qui-gon was killed due to palpatine meddling in the outer rim
> when he tells obi-wan he wishes qui-gon was there he is being 100% honest
> qui-gon was always counter-culture/broke rules, most likely got that from dooku
> high chance qui-gon would've joined dooku
> dooku needs obi-wan to kill sidious, when obi-wan rejects him, it's bittersweet because that's how well he taught qui-gon and how he taught obi-wan in turn
> dooku never kills obi-wan out of respect for qui-gon
> dooku has no fucking clue who obi-wan's bitch padawan anakin is, and maims him as a lesson he'll never forget
> dooku never kills his old master yoda in the back when yoda has to save obi-wan & anakin
> dooku utterly shocked when palpatine has anakin kill him because he still doesn't realize that anakin as the chosen one can be turned by sidious
>>
>>62652923
What "offensive properties" does a red crystal give
>>
>>62652908
>why is a nineteen year old kid who lives on the desert miles away from most human life interested in saving an early 80's era carrie fisher?

That's a fucking mystery if i ever saw one.
>>
File: sickofyourshit.gif (644 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
sickofyourshit.gif
644 KB, 200x183
>>62653022
The sad thing is he actually was at Geonosis. He was escorting the separatist leaders to their escape ships. He bushwhacked a few jedi's during the battle and started collecting their lightsabers. The jedi who found the bodies assumed arena monsters had gotten loose on them.

>tfw Grievous could've been an intimidating, frightening villain instead of a saturday morning cartoon hack that gets beat by goongas and children
>>
>>62658083
>he actually was at Geonosis
NOT CANON :^)
>>
>>62651442
But later in the movie he does report it to Yoda and Windu.
>>
>>62652838

Yea, fuck people for discussing movies and shit on a film and television board right?
>>
>>62657404
yoda should have been able to sense there was good in dooku.
>>
>>62651562
I don't get why Maul wasn't just the Dooku of the prequels, only more time and living from episode 1-3.
>>
>>62658390
more characters = more toys to sell
>>
>>62652614

dooku is the alpha legion of star wars

>to win is to lose
>>
>>62658264
this. OP is obviously samefagging his autism.

Dookoo says the senate is "controlled" by a sith lord. But that could mean many things, not just that the Chancellor is a sith.
>>
>>62654992

>Manowar
>shit

found the low test beta
>>
>>62659068
You call me beta while defending a bunch of oiled men that sing about MUH TRVE METAL
Lmao.
>>
>>62658356
The jedi were the bad guys in the prequels desu.
>>
>>62659120

that is correct
>>
>>62657404
Damn, this is actually quite good. Makes sense to me. Thank you for this commentary on the verses of pottery, often a stanza needs some additional elaboration
>>
>>62652095
Fuck Off
>>
>>62659141
From a certain point of view
>>
So Dooku could've been explored as a troubled character, a former jedi turned to the dark side and used by Sheev as an apprentice, that discovered none of the two factions suited him and tries to strive for power while thinking about which side is best

But Lucas just killed him off in III to make Anakin edgier

Bravo Lucas
>>
File: IMG_20151019_181213.jpg (12 KB, 181x165) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151019_181213.jpg
12 KB, 181x165
>>62651442
>this used to be my favorite movie
>>
>>62653045
The angle of his lightsaber is so off
>>
>>62659712
Dooku really should have never been the enemy of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin should have been closer to age with Obi-Wan as well. A lot of balls were dropped. You may enjoy this youtube rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw

He allegedly is working on an episode three rant.
>>
>>62652562
is that light from death note
>>
>>62654720
Why don't they just make up a new moff? Plebs don't think of Tarkin when they think Star Wars, no-one will care.
>>
>>62651442
Except he LITERALLY never says it's the chancellor, he just says the senate and republic is under the control of the sith lord, you hyperbolic shitface.
>>
>>62659956
why did he never put 2 and 2 together though?
>>
Speaking of AOTC, when I watched it, I could have sworn the Kaminoans were going to be a big deal.
Like, they made all of the clones, they programmed their brains. Surely they put a chip in there to make them secretly loyal to Kamino, right? Literally why wouldn't they? They had no Republic oversight, the Republic didn't even know they existed.
>>
>>62658083
God DAMN that would have been cool to have Grievous show up at the end of that movie and slaughter a few jedi only to return as a general with a collection of lightsabers in the next. Easily would have been one of my favorite characters by just giving him that little bit of extra screen time and anticipation. I would have been so fucking hype to see him return.
>>
>>62651442
Not only is obi a moron on all these accounts.............hes a gahdamn butterfingers with the saber
>>
>>62660129
Jettster pretty clearly explains that they only really care about money. They are a backwoods planet on the outer rim. They don't care about what goes on in the core.
>>
>>62660195
HEEEEEEY OLLLLDDDDD BUDDDYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>62654139
He's called Tyranus because it sounds evil, that's it
>>
>>62651442
the real question:
>jedi sensing shit everywhere
> yoda sensing future events
> everyone sensing how powerful anikin was
>yoda sensing niggas dying during 66
>shit even vader and luke sensing eachothers presence
>Not a single jedi senses palpatine
...literally how?
>>
>ITT: People who never watched Star Wars
>>
>>62660437
The dark side of the force is clouding their minds :^)
>>
>>62660544
So, Sheev was more powerful and intelligent than all of the Jedi combined? The prequels are so fucking dumb. Wish they were never made
>>
File: PalpatineCloneWar.jpg (13 KB, 336x281) Image search: [Google]
PalpatineCloneWar.jpg
13 KB, 336x281
>>62660544
>>62660437
They repeatedly feel a disturbance every time they go to a meeting with Palpatine or his sessions with the senate!

How dumb can the Jedi be?!
>>
>>62660009
He reports what Dooku says to Yoda and Windu iirc, and in the next movie the council is already way suspicious of Palpatine. It's a logical progression, unlike what the OP would have you believe.
>>
>>62660437
>>62660660
this desu made me lose faith in jedi as a child.

Obv, i was the viewer and the film was set up for me as such, but I as an 8 year old regular human could tell palpatine was the sith, why the hell couldn't them jedi figure it
>>
>>62660660
>>
>>62651442
kek desu senpai
>>
>>62651442
>Jedi are aware that there is a sith lord
>they are actively looking for this sith lord
>Dooku tells him that this sith lord is now in control of the senate
>there just happens to be one creepy power hungry asshole who has rapidly gained control of the senate
>I DON'T BELIEVE YOU
>I WILL NEVER JOIN YOU BECAUSE ????????
>>
Why did they just lock Leia up in a room instead of suspending her in the air?
>>
>>62661038
Because they threw Leia into a standard prisoners cell, that fancy air-lock seen in the OP seems to be built to capture Jedi (?)
>>
>>62660137
having Grievous appear as a new character in ep III made sense in a way, because lots of people rise to prominence in the midst of a war who were obscure nobodies prior to that. but from a narrative standpoint it was a bad move. the entire prequel trilogy suffers from not having any consistent villains carry over from one film to the next
>>
Why didnt Obiwan believe Dooku at all?
>>
>>62652157
Shit screenplay, family. Probably Lucas' first draft too. Shaking my head to be honest.
>>
>>62660596
Yeah? He is the most powerful force user evee at that point.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 600x544
>>62661587
Dooku hated the state of their Democracy so much that he joined Sidious.

Obi-Wan has a deeply irrational love of Democracy. George is suggesting that Master Kenobi is either too high-minded, or that he has mental limitations.
>>
>>62661768
which is boring. I don't want to see an overpowered character simply stomping everyone else in the ground by brute force. The way it is, Sheev has foreseen that the Trade Federation will fail every order he gives to them and then made a plan how their failures will lead to his rise. it would have been much better if we saw him struggle, too, he should have had a plan how the blockade of Naboo would make him chancelor, then when the Trade Federation fails, he comes up with his plan B. instead it's just "yeah I have foreseen this, so I do that, even if I tell my allies to do something completely opposite of my plans, becasue I know they won't achive it anyways."
>>
File: George manlet.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
George manlet.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>62653927
>>
>>62663908
what is this from? link?
>>
>>62663908
George Lucas v. Seth Green: Dawn of Manlets
>>
>>62651858
Cause he's a Sith and by nature plots to take over from his master. And eventually he'd need an apprentice. Obi-Wan seems like a good choice as any. Already trained plus familiar cause of the Qui-Gon connection.
>>
>>62657404
actually saved this post because it creates sense where there appeared to be none
>>
>>62651442
A Sith Lord?
>>
>>62663908
>le ebin reality reality tv show tier scripting and fake outburts
>>
>>62652252
If it included script rewrites and overhaul editing
>>
For all of you confused about this scene it's really simple.

>pottery
It's the same dialogue that Luke and Vader have in Empire. He also never directly points at Sheev, but the 'join me and together we can defeat the dark side' is pottery it rhymes.
>>
>>62651769
Dooku wants to use Obi Wan to bring about a new order. Obi Wan was the apprentice of his apprentice, and is now a famed Jedi knight in his own right so it makes sense.

Dooku despises the Senate for its corruption, but has come to realize that Sheev is no better and that both the Sith Lord and the Republic must be destroyed if the galaxy is to have a real future.

It echoes the scene at the end of the Empire Strikes Back when Vader asks Luke to join him and overthrow the Empire. Luke, like Obi Wan in this scene, is confused and refuses to believe what he has just been told.

You could say it's like pottery.
>>
>>62652533
>Luke did I ever tell you that you got forcibly separated from your twin sister at birth because the patrician senators just decided out of the blue that they'd rather have a girl than an icky boy? Did you know she grew up as royalty on one of the most technologically advanced and cultured planets in the galaxy, while you got left living in a hole in the desert? The Alderaanians were good friends.
>>
>>62652610
>ooh, I wonder who I'll get as my master - I hope I get that sexy blue bitch
>Yoda comes wobbling up to a young Dooku with a big shit eating grin on his face.

No wonder Dooku joined the dark side.
>>
>>62651562

He was shoved in because originally the villain was Jar Jar but Lucas pussied out
>>
>>62666808
>no
>>
>>62653859
Darth Tyranus is his sith name
>>
>>62667252

Actually yes, it has already been confirmed by the guy who played Jar Jar.
>>
>>62653927
lucas is pretty fucking tall (he's 5'7'')
it just that Lee is much taller
>>
>>62652518
>LITTLE
>GREEN
>>
Count Dooku was just trying to redpill Obi Wan
>>
File: 1430037004407.jpg (181 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1430037004407.jpg
181 KB, 800x800
>>62657404
It has only taken ten years and a trip to the old Himalayan quilting circle webzone to get a proper story for Dooku.

thanks anon. saved it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.