[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many directors make a good first film, a great second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Tarantino2.jpg (105 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Tarantino2.jpg
105 KB, 1000x667
Why do so many directors make a good first film, a great second film and then the quality of their output steadily decreases for the rest of their entire career?
>>
Its like any "good" band

You envision your project and put out something Ernest and good. The sophomore effort is everything you learned with that same passion and you put out your best work. After that you still wanna continue working but that drive and passion is gone since you made the thing you wanted to already
>>
Tarantino peaked with his third film and then went downhill from there.
>>
>>62650262
pic unrelated
>>
Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill > Django Unchained > Inglorious Basterds
>>
>>62650399
This

Very accurate.
>>
>>62650399
>he likes django better than inglorious

kill yourself my (black)man
>>
>>62650262
They begin to realise that they need to cater to the masses if they want to make the buckeroo
>>
your best ideas are in your twenties. you lose touch with the world. QT's technique is way better, but his films aren't nearly as good.
>>
>film fan through the 90s
>fall in love with Tarantino immediately
>each movie is better than the last
>buy loads of merchandise
>paint portrait of Tarantino and hang it on my wall
>Talk about him to all my friends
>so excited for Kill Bill
>Fly across country for earliest possible oppurtunity to see it
>It's the worst fucking movie I've ever seen

I literally shouted "this can't be happening" after the anime bullshit started and walked out. I went to see another showing later that day out of denial to see if maybe I had somehow been wrong and it was just as bad, although I did endure to the end.

I got rid of all of my Tarantino paraphanelia as soon as I got home and that was the last time I ever identified as a "fan" of anything. If I saw the man today I'd punch him in the fucking face.
>>
>>62650399
Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Django Unchained > Kill Bill > Inglorious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Deathproof

This is objectively correct
>>
>>62650757
Except Jackie Brown is a quality film and Kill Bill and Django Unchained are three of the worst films ever made. I watch 600 movies a year before you bring out the stale reddit quips.
>>
>>62650262
3:17 ya screw
>>
File: 1394530573121.gif (2 MB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1394530573121.gif
2 MB, 200x193
>>62650816
>>
>impying Basterds isn't this fag's best movie
>>
File: 1446383766877.jpg (97 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1446383766877.jpg
97 KB, 850x565
>>62650262
>Tarantino
>Films
>>
>>62651036
This. You can't expect a man who "went to movies" to make a film.
>>
>>62650757
deathproof is the only decent movie he ever made, faggot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.