[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, Master of None is actually really fucking good...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 214x317
Holy shit, Master of None is actually really fucking good...
>>
>>62650182
Surprisingly dark too.

The girl he dates is a QT.
>>
yeah what ive seen so far was really good
>>
I can't help but hate him after seeing him on colbert and his whole white people schtick.

You live in a white country you dumb fuck, stop being so offended that white people have jobs.
>>
POO
>>
>tfw we are in the age of art where anything competently made is held at a higher standard since there is soo much worse shit out there

Avg show fambam
>>
>>62650361
I haven't liked him in anything previously, but he is actually good in this, it's the same for me as Andy Samberg on Brooklyn 99, I can't fucking stand him in anything else but for some reason I like him on B99
>>
DIE YOU STREET SHITTING SHILLS
>>
>>62650409
>>62650382
xoxo 2bh
>>
>>62650433
kek
>>
>Aziz Ansari
>good
Explain yourselves
>>
File: whatwouldyoudo.jpg (585 KB, 1923x850) Image search: [Google]
whatwouldyoudo.jpg
585 KB, 1923x850
2/3rds the way through it get really bad and ends with nice Sylvia Path quote.
>>
>>62650901
it's like louie but less pretentious
>>
>>62650901
he made a good show
>>
>>62650403
Hot Rod?!
>>
File: octopus.png (3 MB, 2287x1504) Image search: [Google]
octopus.png
3 MB, 2287x1504
jesus tfw
>>
>>62651047
never understand that movie
>>
I saw the first episode and I thought it was pretty good.

That long shot of him standing in the corner while she peed stood out a lot to me for some reason.
>>
I just can't stand his delivery. Does it get better as it goes on because he is about as natural as faggot fisherman
>>
I'm really off-put by the whole "muh raycism" thing they seem to shoehorn into every other episode.
Episode 4 where they complained about indians being cast as indians was pretty annoying.
>>
>>62651541
I hated most of the sjw shit but i actually liked that episode.
>tfw you recognize every single racist depiction of indians from the opening scene
>tfw Aziz will never convince me that Dalsim isnt based as fuck
>>
>>62651079
This. He's killing the show for me. Everything else is pretty good, especially the supporting cast.

Some bits of the script feel like they're pulled from a stand up routine, complete with pauses for laughter.
>>
>>62650182
I saw a thread just like this the week after Narco came out. Hi Netflix
>>
>>62651646
>no one can enjoy anything, ever
>the jews can't control me!
>>
>>62651669
only shills insist there are no shills on 4chan
>>
I give it a try but dropped the first episode when the fat guy went to play in the bouncy castle, yea the big, fat, bearded guy was playing like a little kid in the bouncy castle GET IT?

DROPPED (also I never laugh once)
>>
The episode in Nashville didn't deliver a single joke
>>
>>62650382
Dont you compare art to what the status quo is?

I think youre just being a pretentious asshat
>>
P O O
O
O

I
N

L O O
O
O
>>
>>62651743
>He doesn't know who played the fat guy was
reddit
>>
>>62652819
>Knowing him
hey reddit.
>>
Does Netflix pay people to make these threads?
>>
What a great television show! Wait, this isn't television. THIS IS NETFLIX!

I can't believe Netflix has brought me so much great entertainment over the years.

Maybe I should give the gift of Netflix this holiday season. And at only $8.99 a month, you would be a fool not to get it!
>>
Ha, right you are. Netflix has always provided the best content that satisfies all of my viewing needs.

$8.99 a month?! What a STEAL!!

Time to #Netflixandchill with some Master of None. A great irreverent comedy, created by none other than Aziz Ansari! I am #hooked!
>>
WHAT? ANOTHER NETFLIX ORIGINAL???

THIS SERVICE LITERALLY
PAYS
FOR
ITSELF
AT ONLY $8.99 MONTHLY
I
LITERALLY
AM SAVING HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS YEARLY ON THE LUXURY OF HAVING HIGH RATED CONTENT STREAMED RIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF MY OWN HOME, COUCH, BEDROOM, OR WHERE EVER YOU MAY ENJOY
#NETFLIX&CHILL
>>
Just finished the only and I really liked. The Louie comparisons are valid but it has elements to it that are done better than Louie imo.
I related to this show a fuck ton. Just broke up with a girl that I had been in relationship since my last in college and I really thought she was the one and I think she did too. But something happened and just like the QT character in the show she left me and moved to fucking Italy just like the goddamn show. It just hit too close to home.
Loved the parents. Can't wait for season 2.
>>
>>62650258
She's like Zooey, but can act and actually has some presence.
>>
>>62652819
so you force yourself to laugh at unfunny bits just because your husbando is part of them?
>>
>>62652819

I like a lot of Tim & Eric's stuff, but Eric was straight-up terrible in this, don't be a fanboy
>>
DESIGNATED
>>
>>62654125
I've never seen Tim & Eric and I liked him in this for the most part. Sometimes his delivery's pretty clunky, but that doesn't really stand out in this show.
>>
I only watched it because I'm an Indian living in America. Really shallow show that has its moments. Some of the acting is really bad. His mother is so bad that I laugh every time she speaks. Some of the points even if valid are shoehorned. It would be a thoroughly mediocre show if it didn't have heart. But it does so I watched it and liked most of it.
>>
>>62654125
Never said I liked him in this.
>>
>>62653146
Holy shit. I am scared to watch the last episode because I am in ~2 year relationship and a lot of our relationship is eerily similar to the one in the show.

I realize they probably made that relationship general and relatable for just this effect but I'm scared to finish it. I don't want to lose my qt =(
>>
shill
>>
>>62654298
>>62654298

Give me your poppadom you mother fucker.
>>
>>62650182
Some jokes seem forced.
Acting bad/wired on some people.
This ruins the illusion of this being "natural" and "real".
Shit just feels staged, like a sloppy sitcom without laugh tracks and ""DEEP"" life stuff themes of CHILDREN and PARENTS.

Show still made me laugh some times, and I will probably finish the whole season slowly.
6.7/10
>>
>>62654412
Don't like them anyway you can have em.
>>
>>62650361
America isn't a white country. That's your retard right there.
>>
>hear about this
>check reviews
>they're high
>watch it blind knowing nothing about it
>its a sitcom
>its not only a sitcom, its clumsy Indian louie in every possible aspect.
>its not absolutely terrible though

Reminder that reviews for any comedy series are grossly inflated. This is because people who review comedy have to sit through so much terrible shit, that anything that doesn't make them want to commit suicide gets rave reviews.
>>
>>62654931
Reviews for anything slickly produced on tv are inflated. TV is better now than it's ever been but it's been really shit for as long as it's existed. That's what makes the exceptions even more noteworthy.
>>
>>62650182
I was digging it as an above average sitcom, but it's losing me at the end of the season due to the preachiness. It's not a smart enough show to tackle social issues and it ends up just reinforcing hipster progressive stereotypes without saying anything new. The end of the old people episode made me air jerk.
>>
>>62650403
>Andy Samberg
you mean the earth rocker?
>>
>>62656194
chit chattin with fuckin niobodies
>>
I've watched Master of None and Dangerously Delicious.and enjoyed them a lot. Is his Madison Square Garden special any good?
>>
>>62655237
>The end of the old people episode made me air jerk.
Neat
>>
>Tim wasting his time doing his dumb On Cinema meme youtube reddit shit for scraps

>Eric is co-starring in a Netflix original

Why is Tim such a failure, bros?
>>
>>62651737
I'm not a shill and I don't think there are shills.
>>
This show puts a magnifying glass to his terrible acting skills. It makes me cringe. I had to stop watching half way through episode 2
>>
>>62657916
THIS
H
I
S

this show fucking blows and it's relaly obvious this is a netflix employee thread
>>
AZIZ DOES NOT WORK AS A LEAD ACTOR. HE ONLY WORKED IN PARKS NAD REC BECAUSE HE WAS A SIDE, ZANY, OVER-THE-TOP CHARACTER.

AS THE LEAD WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE NORMAL HE FUCKING SUCKS AT DELIVERING ANY LINES + THE WRITING IS GENERICALLY SHITTY.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>62658116
As long as he tones down the wacky crazy catchy baby slang talk, he's tolerable
>"my bums"
>"aw... my sneakies"

The first episodes were better than the later ones, but it was still pretty good
He's charming when he doesn't talk like Tom from Parks and Rec
And Tom from Parks and Rec is pretty cool when he's not the focus of anything

The soundtrack is nice too
>>
>>62650932
'less' pretentious?!
>>
File: CCCWWs4WAAAra_A.jpg (114 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
CCCWWs4WAAAra_A.jpg
114 KB, 768x1024
p good so far but that immigrant episode was hard to relate to as a privileged white male

>just started the indians on tv episode
Pretty cringey how they're mocked tbqh if it was any other group minus asians people would be irate
>>
D. E. S. I. G. N. A. T. E . D.
>>
File: 1433383546752.jpg (81 KB, 650x429) Image search: [Google]
1433383546752.jpg
81 KB, 650x429
>>62650182
>sitcom
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.