[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to put on a disguise to get back into a theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: uVnw0Ze.png (184 KB, 376x501) Image search: [Google]
uVnw0Ze.png
184 KB, 376x501
Have you ever had to put on a disguise to get back into a theater you were kicked out of?

Pic related
>>
no but i know of someone who did. she was in a documentary about cinephiles in new york.
>>
>>62649658
RIP Roberta
How is Jack doing? He actually has patrician taste, check out his list of the best filmmakers of all time.
>>
>>62650295
Ah, here we go: http://1linereview2.blogspot.ca/2009/06/jack-angstreich.html
List is in chronological order, here are the ten most recent films/filmmakers:
Side/Walk/Shuttle (1992) .. Ernie Gehr
Haut Bas Fragile (1995) .. Jacques Rivette
Disorient Express (1996) .. Ken Jacobs
Mother and Son (1997) .. Aleksandr Sokurov
Flowers of Shanghai (1998) .. Hou Hsiao-hsien
The Emperor and the Assassin (1998) .. Chen Kaige
A One and a Two (2000) .. Edward Yang
Werckmeister Harmonies (2000) .. Bela Tarr
A Child's Garden and the Serious Sea (1991) .. Stan Brakhage
The Mammals of Victoria (1994) .. Stan Brakhage
The God of Day Had Gone Down Upon Him (2000) .. Stan Brakhage
Exiled (2006) .. Johnny To

This man has taste, more than a thousand /tv/ plebs.
>>
Hand dryers are full of bacteria, jesus
>>
File: oh wow.jpg (13 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
oh wow.jpg
13 KB, 228x260
>>62650358
>Stan Brakhage
>>
>>62650594
>the plebs on this board can't into avant-garde

Anything else new to report or is that all, soldier?
>>
how much a faggot to you have to be to get kicked out of somewhere as an adult?
>>
>>62650629
that ironic
becasue brakage is the plebbest of the pleb in experimental film
it's like this guy googled experimental film and just picked first result

and i've seen cinemania, jack is an annoying tryhard. one of those typical guys who spends 50% of a conversation name dropping.
>>
>>62650687
No, that was the other nerdy guy filling out the personal ad that was all the names of filmmakers he liked. And you can bet Jack Angstreich has seen all those Brakhage films ON film and arrived at his views himself. Ernie Gehr is another avant-garde filmmaker on his list, but I guess you didn't know that and only recognized the one that was the top result that you found when you googled "experimental film."
>>
>>62650777
i only commented on brakage because he is the plebbest of the pleb, read my post before commenting.
>>
>>62650637
to be fair half my town has been kicked out of the local Mcdonalds at least once.
>>
>>62650813
I prefer my interpretation.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.