[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think SJWs will force Disney to retcon Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Revenge of Cheat Day.jpg (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Revenge of Cheat Day.jpg
1 MB, 1920x816
When do you think SJWs will force Disney to retcon Star Wars again to change Porkins name to a "more inclusive, less fat-shaming" name?
>>
>>62648307
>revenge of cheat day

lol
>>
I don't think they will... the said they wouldn't "Disneyfy" Star Wars... and so far they haven't. There will be no Disney logos, no Disney billing, no hidden Mickey Mouse, etc. They've dumped 4 billion dollars into just aquiring the rights to do the films, plus another 200 to 250 million into making the first film. They aren't going to make any decision that risks the image of their new cash machine, not before they've made back their investment and a big profit first.
>>
>>62648307

No, he's a white male, he's OK to shame.
>>
>>62649872
They might put a Disney castle logo at the start or end of the films later. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that and I don't know why anyone would.
>>
>>62649872
They aren't going to Disneyfy it, they're going to Marvel it.

Get ready for two Star Wars every year with the safest, most predictable, and formulaic plots.
>>
>>62648307
>>
>>62650018
dead man's chest was a disney movie and it was pretty fucking dark and interesting.
Marvel=/=Disney.
>>
He's a fat guy, it's cool to make fun of him for women, if it was a woman there'd be an outrage.
>>
I just want the original movies on blu-ray. They can keep ruining them as much as they want to if they just produce the originals too.
>>
>>62650169
men deserve to be oppressed women should be treated like queens
>>
How many lines did Porkins have?

For some reason he's one of my favourite characters, yet he hasn't been run into the ground like Boba Fett. Of course I'm sure there was a whole prequel novel or something.
>>
>>62650123
>dead man's chest was a disney movie and it was pretty fucking dark and interesting.
hahahah no

Just look at the release model they created for Star Wars. Just look at the trailers. They aren't going to pay billions of dollars for film rights so they can do something new and exciting to a beloved franchise. They're going to model it after their other multi-billion dollar franchise.

Capeshit is moving out and cloakshit is moving in.
>>
Everyone is pissed off because the film happens to have another Death Star in it, calling it unoriginal. The problem is they forget that the Death Star is not really that important in the grand scale of things. The OT is about Luke redeeming his father and the destruction of the Emperor. The PT is about how things came to be, the fall of grace of Anakin. This trilogy is about something else, not sure what, but this film's only purpose is to introduce the characters and get the story going. That's why I am not bothered by another super weapon, its just a plot device to bring together all the elements and launch them into the next chapter.Is it familiar? Yes. Is it unthinkable? Of course not. The antagonists are pretty much demonstrating that they are just as evil as their predecessors, if not worse. It's good to keep that theme going.
>>
>>62649943

At worst, it'll replace the 20th Century Fox fanfare. But that might stay because they produced it.

I'll be bummed because the 20th Fox fanfare ties into the opening music so well, but c'est la vie.
>>
how long until slave leia is edited out
>>
>>62650281

>It's good to keep that theme going.

you could almost call it poetry
>>
They already said there won't be a Disney logo anywhere in the film. Probably not even a Bad Robot logo, just the Lucasfilm logo.
>>
>>62650281
>That's why I am not bothered by another super weapon, its just a plot device to bring together all the elements and launch them into the next chapter
No, it's a brainless and offensively lazy rehash by the writers. They can't even come up with their own fucking super weapon? It's a pretty bad sign when the producers have to reuse imagery, themes, designs, and even characters to sell a reboot.
>>
>>62650225

Like 4 or 5, depending on how you count. He says "Red 6 standing by", I think he acknowledges an order from Luke, and he says "I've got a problem here", "no, I can hold it", and "AAUUGH-AAAARGH!!"

And yes he has an extensive history on the wook. Apparently he was even nicknamed "Piggy".
>>
>>62650249
Except not. Disney will have capeshit and starshit and princessshit and pixarshit each comfortably pulling over 500 million every year.
>>
>>62650583
Yes, and the starshit will be just as uninspired and painfully predictable as the capeshit and princess shit.

Seriously, I watched the first 20 minutes of Ant-Man yesterday and just stopped caring about the movie because I already predicted every single thing that happened. Even called the shitty dude Avengers lmao xD cameo and the obligatory "Ant-man goes full size in front of a family and they're all so confused lmao xDD" scene.

Everything we've seen from the trailers just supports my stance. It's a predictable and safe movie made by a director who's infamous for making shitty safe and predictable movies.
>>
File: for you.jpg (123 KB, 494x411) Image search: [Google]
for you.jpg
123 KB, 494x411
>>62650169
>He's a fat guy
>>
>>62650309
Replaced by Burka Leia
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.