[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right with Fargo S2 and wrong with True Detective S2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: season 2.jpg (542 KB, 1379x1000) Image search: [Google]
season 2.jpg
542 KB, 1379x1000
What went right with Fargo S2 and wrong with True Detective S2?
>>
>>62648080
12 YEARS OLD AND ALREADY EVIL AS FUCK

This is when Pizzalatto was revealed to be nothing but a plagiaristic hack
>>
>>62648125
Where has he stolen it from?
>>
One tried to match the success of its first season by trying to replicate it with a worse script and director, and the other just decided to go a different direction with its second season while keeping hallmarks of the first.
>>
>>62648189
That line wasn't stolen. I was referring to Rust's lines in season 1. I bring it up because so many people think that Rust's lines were so good, but they were just taken from a book that Nic didn't write. So now with this awful line in season two, it seems like Nic doesn't have much to offer without stealing lines
>>
>>62648080
Based Jesse Plemons.
>>
All the characters are important in one while hardly any are in the other.
>>
>>62648080
Both season are pretty shit desu.
>>
>>62648080
TD had no idea what to change and what to emulate from the first season
>>
>>62648080
Fargo S2 is just as tightly constructed as S1. TD S2 is incredibly sloppy compared to S1. Simple as.
>>
>>62648080
Pizza is a hack
>>
fargo s1 was also better than true detective s1
it's simply a better show with superior writing
the only thing true detective had going for it in season one was the direction, and then he fucked off and we were left with the second rate crime thriller writer's dregs
>>
>>62648080
I think TD's lack of humor or unique peculiarities was novel for its first season but became really tiresome for its second. Fargo isn't perfect but the characters are a lot more fun to watch.
>>
Fargo has the setting in common to link and springboard from.
>>
>>62648519
Those "lines" that were stolen were more of ideas and nouns. He didn't really steal anything verbatim other than a couple nouns or adjectives. He did a good job of re-wording. I know this because I was a professional plagiarist in high school
>>
TD 1 = F2 > F1 > TD 2

imho.
>>
>>62648080
Fargo is a good example of knowing what you did well and building on it.

True Detective is a good example of NOT knowing what you did well and NOT building on it
>>
>>62649565
This is 100% correct so far
>>
Fat Damon
>>
>>62649565
>>62649625
Guess I'll watch it. Been putting off season 2. TD season 2 was just straight up awful and boring.
>>
>>62649398
This is correct.
>>
>>62649479
This is correct as well. If True Detective did what Fargo is doing, (and by that I mean, making the second season a flashback to the 70s and maintaining locations, as well as including allusions to the first season which serve as some sort of reverse foreshadowing), even with the shitty dialogue would have been a better second season of True Detective
>>
>>62649646

This season of Fargo is much darker than the first. They really toned down the quirky stuff and upped the "Oh christ we poked the sleeping bear" dread.

s2 has more Malvo-like characters than Nygards
>>
>>62649746
I hope the fact that there are numerous Malvos doesn't take away from it. I loved season 1 for the fact that Malvo was basically Satan.
>>
>>62649740
I mean, who wouldn't want to see 1970s versions of Louisiana and the cult

It would have been the darkest shit (dankest too)
>>
>>62648080
Fargo kept the same vibe/theme from the previous season, TD did not

TD went from eerie detective thriller to generic cop-mob drama set in LA
>>
>>62649771
nah m8 i think you'll like it.

Malvo kinda stalked and hunted the innocent people of Minnesota. While s2 is like Malvos pitted against each other (Crime syndicate vs crime family)
>>
>>62649771
None of them are nearly as ridiculous as Malvo. They act similarly but are also much more grounded in reality. Malvo was literally the wild card
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.