[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li ve-feed/walking-dead-neg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: 1447218979593.jpg (353 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1447218979593.jpg
353 KB, 533x800
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-negan-jeffrey-dean-836243

Is The Walking Dead finally going to be good for once?
>>
>>62647906
>negan can't say fuck
>his character is literally fuck incarnate

Nah. They'll fuck it up somehow. I have 0 hope. But i'm okay with that, i'm willing to overlook it if theyy at least make the new negan interesting.
>>
File: Negan_Blood.png (39 KB, 561x185) Image search: [Google]
Negan_Blood.png
39 KB, 561x185
>>62647906

They'll water him down, and make him emotional. They cant even use the word "fuck" on AMC.
>>
>>62647945
Good. His dialogue is always too edgy anyways
>>
>>62647906
but javier has strong spanish accent. not best decision.
>>
>>62648020
>edgy
fits with his character of being the edgemaster of the new world. He's a doomed motherfucker and masks whatever there is of his humanity with crassness. It's what makes him a lovable asshole. See:The newest chapter of the comic. Without saying a word negan steals the whole fucking chapter.
>>
>>62647945
I can't help but feel like he'll be a little too much like Joe from season 4, that's just the vibe I get from him and the context of the show/network. I think he'll make it work as best as it can no matter what they go with though.
>>
>>62648090
He's also intelligent, nihilistic and has a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>62648010
>shows people gettinh ripped apart, shot, mutilated etc
>can't say fuck or show a breasts

What the hell, AMC?
>>
>>62648010
They're gonna have to start. Or leave it intact but bleep/silence it like they did w BB but having it on the DVDs/Netflix.
>>
>>62648611
The nihilism I lump in with the whole "doomed" aspect. His intelligence as well, he knows the world won't last, and we (humans) will eventually lose, so he's enjoying the time he has left.

hi sense of humor is entirely crass, as well.

>>62648652
It's not that they can't, they're not a public broadcast network so the FCC can't tell them "hey no cursing" or "you have to bleep/blur/mute it", they do it all on their own for fear of losing sponsors. which is why I can't be too mad at them, it's a business decision, but negan will be severely impacting by not being able to say fuck and be as brutal of a motherfucker as he is. You won't quite get the same tension from him as when he's sitting there telling carl about how he rubs his dick on Lucille when half of it's beeped out like some sort of parody.

>>62648731
Yeah, they do that on TWD too. It's very scarce though because up until now they just wrote around it (rather successfully I might add).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oORtfqsRIjw
>>
>>62647906
>Not Christopher Meloni
Who doesn't want the unStabler wrecking Rick's shit?

Not having JDM, but Meloni does good in drama, and either will be better than Hamm
>>
>he can't say FUCK FUCKEDY FUCKING FUCK so he'll be a watered down autist like the Governor!

It's like you idiots only know Negan's character through the funny shit anons feed you. Gimple being a fanboy, the description in the casting call, and none other than JDM himself playing the big guy opposed to some faggot like Rollins should really give you a lot of faith. Of course you're going to have to give them a little room for tweaking since these actors make them their own, but fuck it's going to 99 percent be the same character.
>>
>>62649250
Rollins would of been a terrible choice, his best scene was when he was killed by Jax in Sons
>>
>>62649250
>>62649430
Negan was based on Rollins. Rollins is a manlet and not an amazing actor but I'm sure he could've pulled off Negan's foul-mouthed antics.
>>
>>62649521
They are complete opposites, Rollins is totally earnest and self-absorbed
>>
>>62647906

>when you want Javier Bardem but don't have the money for him
>>
>>62649250
you really think that negan won't be turned into some random hardened criminal? That was like the only thing they gave us in that shitty filler episode with splinter teaching morgan the ancient art of "bojutsu with Big Bo".

I'm not saying he needs to be an epic memer who screams fuck every 5 seconds, but that is a part of his character.
>>
>>62649598
Nah, Neegan is big stuff, and even the non-comic fans are looking towards him. Besides I really hope they either finish with these Wolves or show that they were merely pups sent to test Alexandria's security. Raiders without firearms is just stupid, unless owing one is a privilege reserved for those that being home enough bacon
>>
Why would anyone think he'll be watered down? The Governor was just as insane as he was in the comics, just not as cartoonish.

Governor in the show had fish tanks of heads, almost raped Maggie, bashed random people's heads in, kept his zombie daughter alive, shot up the prison multiple times, planned to torture the fuck out of Michonne, planned to feed Rick and his group to zombies, bit off Merle's fingers and killed him, cut Hershel's head off, killed Andrea, and murdered a shitton of other people. The guy was ridiculously evil and insane. And Show Negan will be 10x worse.
>>
>>62649598
>you really think that negan won't be turned into some random hardened criminal?
I don't so. Look at the casting call
>A physically imposing, charismatic, brutal, smart, ferocious, frightening, hilarious, inappropriate, oddly friendly, fun loving sociopath that is both a leader of men and a killer of men. He has both a practical and emotional intelligence, he’s a brilliant strategist, he’s pure, dangerous, murderous, often gleeful id, that still has both discipline and a code. And he has a temper that can vaporize people. He’s truly one of the strongest personalities ever…”

They chose an actor that oozes charisma and swagger for a reason. I think they know why Negan is so anticipated... and it ain't because he shows up and kills a main character. Millions of viewers are on the line. If he's like the comic then possibly more people than ever will stay intrigued after the big death and the show will reach new heights. The only people that should be sweating are the bitter contrarians.
>>
>>62649975
Real Governors rape Maggies, faggot bitch punk ass "govenors" dry hump them
>>
File: 1447255392.png (244 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
1447255392.png
244 KB, 600x344
>>62647906
So, explain why and how he will be any different from what we've seen in the show so far?
>>
>>62650167
Decent acting, also genuine American accent. That said I love me some Lennie James too bad Morgan is written as a massive white knight faggot
>>
That's nice, but when are we going to see Rosita's soles?
>>
File: tumblr_n3e4f6a21Y1r3oo68o1_400.gif (2 MB, 375x379) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3e4f6a21Y1r3oo68o1_400.gif
2 MB, 375x379
>>62650320
Sorry I should've stated that a bit differently; I meant how will his character be any different from the other "bad guys" that the show has already put out so far?
>>
>>62650788
Hopefully depth, Governor was all "I'm actually a sociopath and muh daughter" and every other villain was dead within three episodes.

>Shane dindu nuffin
>>
I didn't like Negan but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is alright
>>
File: masterton.jpg (94 KB, 540x649) Image search: [Google]
masterton.jpg
94 KB, 540x649
Only reason to watch the show
>>
>>62651982
>Not Rositias sweaty brown butt
Spotted the faggot!
>>
>>62652091
>using exclamation marks on 4chan
It's like you're TRYING to look like a foreigner.
>>
File: 1366910758815.gif (1 MB, 276x232) Image search: [Google]
1366910758815.gif
1 MB, 276x232
>>62651982
>>
>>62651982
I'm just waiting for Rick or Carl to get blacked.
>>
Is it bad that I'm more excited about the beard being alive than Glenn?
>>
>>62652538
>Foreigner
>Internet
Smh senpai
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.