[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 320x240
Is it worth watching?
>>
>>62646183
Nope, the movie is absolute shit. Oscar is good but the movie is a bore fest and shit, don't waste your time.
>>
>>62646183
yeah, it's great.
>>
Don't you want to fit in with all the other low-IQ movie buffs that will spam "based isaacs" come star wars 7 release?
>>
If you like Barton Fink and A Serious Man then yes.

If you like The Big Lebowski and Fargo then no.
>>
>>62646259
I bet you're one of those fags that posts "based Gyllenhaal".
>>
>>62646183
Yes it's a great work that follows in the best traditions of the cinema. It also has great acting and music and a good original story.
>>
>>62646305
I like all of them and enjoyed it a whole lot.
>>
yes oscar is great
>>
>>62646183
Literally nothing happens in the movie, like really, nothing happens. Don't waste your shitty time on this garbage.
>>
No. Whenever /tv/ says something is good, it's always the second best choice.

It's better to watch shit that /tv/ nitpicks to death because it'll probably be good.

This movie is a snooze fest.
>snorecore
>>
>>62646183
It's great. If you ever considered pursuing music as a career, even better
>>
>>62646222
>>62646417
>What is atmosphere, character, or visual storytelling
Moronic plotfags always complain about "boring" movies where "nothing" happens. Go watch star wars again and leave the good movies to the rest of us.
>>
>>62646474
flawless contrarian opinion senpai
>>
>What is atmosphere, character, or visual storytelling
>>62646526

Oh so style over substance?
Have fun watching Snyder then.
>>
>>62646331
No because those are the same people that will spam "based isaacs"

You know? flavor of the month actors?
>>
>>62646305
Good. In order I like

Fargo
A Simple Man
TBL
Barton Fink.
>>
>>62646526
>Being a pleb
>Muh grey filters

Eat a cock, you fucking faggot. Any fucker can use grey filters, characters were shit, and visual storytelling was also shit. Heck, even the music seemed out of place, it was shit all over.
>>
>>62646627
>style over substance
Trotting out a tired cliche to defend your opinion isn't really helping you build a case for why you think ILD sucks anon. Saying something has "style over substance" is as empty and meaningless as complaining about "nothing happening".
>>
>>62646665
>Doesn't even know the title of the Coen's best film
>The Big Memebowski over Barton Fink
You are not qualified to watch Inside Llweyn Davis. Watch some fucking capeshit like True Grit or Hail Caesar.
>>
>>62646730
Not even worth responding too.
>>
File: not-fade-away[2].jpg (103 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
not-fade-away[2].jpg
103 KB, 750x750
>>62646183
it's good, but it doesn't really gel into high-level metaphorical art in the way that A Serious Man did. I think they also fucked up by not giving Davis his own original songs.

David Chase's movie Not Fade Away, is a better version of effectively the same subject matter.
>>
>>62646759
Cliches exist for a reason. Saying something has style over substances indicates that it's an empty and meaningless movie.

I'm sorry you're too stupid to understand that simple concept. The movie doesn't go anywhere, do anything, solve anything, reveal anything, the character doesn't change, or do anything. It's a pointless movie that didn't need to be made. Sure it looked nice, it's aesthetically appealing, but there isn't a movie underneath those images.

Hence:
>style over substance
>>
Yes. Great music, great acting by osaacs, great visuals, corn bro's do it again
>>
>>62646990
Cliches are just memes anon. I'm sure. You use that word as a pejorative all the time, how is this different?
>>
>>62646183
Another masterpiece by the Kosher brothers
>>
>>62646990
the lack of change was supposed to be the point.

the problem is that it wound up being the point in an uninteresting way.
>>
>>62646259
I was already spamming based isaacs before it was pleb shit
>>
>>62646990
No cliches exist because lazy people who can't think for themselves and still want to spout their opinions need something to say, hence tired, meaningless cliches in place of substantive rhetoric. This is like English 101 anon try and keep up.
>>
>>62646788
>being this obsessed.

It's movies, not your life faggot. Or is it?
>>
>>62647148
It seems to me that the Cohens seem to cycle cynical and 'dark' movies with more fun and upbeat but still kinda mean ones.
This movie is basically pure misery for the main character, and the only real hope you have by the end of it is that he finally gets the point and changes, but the chances are slim.
It's really atmospheric and beautiful but I don't feel the need to watch it again.
It's like miller's crossing in that regard.
>>
>>62646222
>>62646417
I can't imagine being this pleb.
>>
File: 1430235773115.jpg (112 KB, 764x938) Image search: [Google]
1430235773115.jpg
112 KB, 764x938
>>62648993
>ending
>>
>>62646183
only a pleb would even need to ask this question
>>
>37 replies in
>no kennedyposting

UH OH
>>
>>62649809
ONE SECOND PLEASE
>>
>>62649791
having shit taste isn't a meme friend
>>
>When you realize that these arty "legitimate" non mainstream flicks are just a jewish sham to artificially farm credibility for the capeshit meme actors of tomorrow.

This isn't a film, it was just a marketing front to prep Oscar Isaac for Star Wars and Capeshit. It works too since you've got plebs bleeting "based Isaac" and getting excited for Star Wars even though they had no idea who he was before the marketing started. These aren't artists. Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Oscar Isaacs, Ryan Gosling, Jake Gylenhaal and their ilk are products every bit as much as a big mac is a product. They just shove them in these legitimacy vehicles to build them up as "talented", and then come the magazine covers and then comes the capeshit.

When I was younger I used to think it was just the big movies that were part of the jewish conspiracy, but these critical darlings are right there in this category too.
>>
>>62649809
I have the ILD soundtrack on vinyl and that shit annoys me everytme
>>
>>62649983
but have you even seen the movie?
>>
>>62650022
Yes, I watched all of the other bullet points in the Oscar Isaac "build a serious actor" marketing scheme too. Whether talent went into their production doesn't matter when you see the strings and realize they only exist to promote capeshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 570x300
>>62649809
SHAOOT
>>
>>62646990
>The movie doesn't go anywhere, do anything, solve anything, reveal anything, the character doesn't change, or do anything.
Holy shit, I can't even imagine being this completely oblivious.
>>
I feel like they had a premise to a movie, a singer-songwriter in Greenwich in the 60's, but then forgot to add a story, or anything, anything at all
>>
>>62646183
i like it for the cat
>>
File: RIP Donnie.webm (2 MB, 1994x1080) Image search: [Google]
RIP Donnie.webm
2 MB, 1994x1080
>>62651375
Llewyn is the cat
>>
>>62651421
nuh uh
>>
>>62646183
The Coesn are absolute masters of their medium.
>>
>>62646222
trips confirm - worst Coen production
>>
>>62646183
I loved that movie so much
>>
>>62646183
Yes, it's great
>>
>>62646788
>The Big Memebowski
Blasphemous fuck. How dare you take such an irreverent tone with the greatest Coen film of all time. You should be waterboarded with acetone.
>>
File: 1446974004013s.jpg (3 KB, 75x125) Image search: [Google]
1446974004013s.jpg
3 KB, 75x125
>Having a bad attitude makes your life suck: The Movie.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.