[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Mace Windu really beat Palpatine or did Sheev just toy with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Anakin Mace.jpg (124 KB, 854x855) Image search: [Google]
Anakin Mace.jpg
124 KB, 854x855
Did Mace Windu really beat Palpatine or did Sheev just toy with him to manipulate Anakin?

Could Anakin and Mace have legit killed Sheev if they worked together?
>>
I think sheev was messing around with Mace, because Mace was a clear 2nd to Yoda and Yoda couldn't finish the job.

Mace and Skywalker together I think could have taken Sheev (assuming that Anakin was with the squad of masters that first attempted to arrest Sheev)

If Anakin hadn't turned I think Sheev's gamble on pretending to be beaten would have failed because he was in such a bad position.
>>
>>62641205
Sheev could have killed face with his signature spinning attack right from the start. You see him kill two of Dindu's henchmen before Dindu can even react to save them. He's moving fast than Mason can even respond. It oculd have been Dindu he killed of the start, but he chose not to knowing that Anakin was coming and Dindu would be useful to bend Anakin to his will.
>>
He lost to Mace legit. Mace was a hardcore lightsaber duelist using a form that was seldom used by Jedi. It's clear that Sheev was outmatched in a duel, but he could sense Anakin coming so he completely threw the fight to act helpless.

It's like forcing a mostly ranged force user to melee fight a melee expert.
>>
File: 1439254309557.jpg (22 KB, 273x350) Image search: [Google]
1439254309557.jpg
22 KB, 273x350
>>62641318
>>62641358
>buying into 4chan memes like an autist

He got his ass kicked was inches away from death. Your headcanon will never change this.
>>
>>62641397
You're retarded, Mace not even being able to react to the first two dudes killed is not headcanon, it's literally what happens in the movie.
>>
I'd like to see an elsewhere story where the two took Sheev out and the galaxy is a much better place because Anakin decided that maybe turning to the dark side would end up causing the very visions he feared.

He'd probably still end up a cyborg in this future but less of a inhuman monstrous one and more of one of necessity.
>>
>>62641205
no and no.
>>
Mace beat him and Sheev improvised. If he had been able to he would have killed Mace and just figured out another way to manipulate Anakin.
>>
Is this even a question? Anankin kills Sheev without even using a lightsaber or the force
>>
>risk decades on meticulous planning on one gamble
sheev ain't this stupid, he got beat fair and square then hammed it up when Anakin showed up in an attempt to save himself. He wasn't in control of the situation, he got kicked in the face and then scrambled away like a little bitch nigga. Later on he gets BTFO by yoda and tries to flee again. People are reading too much into this simple scene because they want to believe the prequels were deeper than a puddle when they clearly weren't
>>
>>62641372
>this

Sheev was in trouble. The kick that led to him falling and losing his saber was legit, as was his retreat in panic. He tried force lightening but that failed, Mace could direct it all into the saber and back at Sheev.

And honestly: does anyone think Sheev wanted to look like a ball sack? Or was he really getting fucked? He was getting fucked.

Mace's mistake was not going for the killing blow immediately when Sheev fell.

That said, I think by the point that Sheev was saying "I'm weak" he had foreseen Anakin's interference and was faking. He knew Anakin would save him. But just before that he was in legit deep shit.

As to why Mace did better against Sheev then Yoda: different context, more room to fight (favors Sheev), different confidence level (Sheev would have been bursting with confidence after Order 66), etc.

And when you think about it: Yoda lost literally because of small hands. The fight ultimately turned on coincidence (landing in a position needing a stronger grip for a few seconds).
>>
>>62641397
>Sheev is a meme
>>
Did Mace legitimately out duel him? Yeah?

Was Sheev actually going to die if Anakin didn't jump in? No.

I don't see how it's so hard to understand, he clearly could have kept the UNLIMITED POWAH going for longer, he was playing possum as clearly shown by him killing Windu the split second he was open. And Mace was screaming and struggling just as much as he was during the lightning.
>>
>>62641780
>sheev isnt a meme
>>
>>62641991

This. Mace disarmed Palpatine, but the whole "I'm too weak, help me!" thing was an act. If Anakin hadn't held up, Sheev could have kept the fight going for a while longer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.