[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, that was a pretty good show. Why was it cancelled ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 498691.jpg (125 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
498691.jpg
125 KB, 600x800
Man, that was a pretty good show. Why was it cancelled ?
>>
>>62632910
God that chick was fking hot. I liked the show.
>>
It was shite.
>>
>>62632910
Because 3.5 million viewers isnt enough to keep a show on the air on NBC. I don't know why the WB didn't pick it up though. 3.5 million viewers is good for WB, and it can (and has now) fit right into their Arrow/Flashverse, AND it could be an easy thematic fit with Supernatural...move Arrow to a different day and put Constantine on before Supernatural. They would have easily gotten the viewership numbers WB likes.
>>
It arrived about 15 years too late. Fun, episodic monster-of-the-week shows have no place on television anymore.
>>
>>62632929
She gave of this sex appeal that made my dick diamonds every episode no matter what she did. She just oozes with lust. Her facial expressions, her voice, everything about her just lets you know she is a fucking maniac in the sack.
>>
Because it wasn't good.
>>
>>62632910
it coasted on the god tier casting. Everything else got good too late and the premise of the season changed from the pilot to the third episode and back again by the ninth, it was a fucking mess.
>>
>>62633007
>Fun, episodic monster-of-the-week shows have no place on television anymore.
save for the fun part of course, they could have done an actual serial quite easily
>>
>>62633009
I would tongue fuck her asshole
>>
>>62632910
Soccer moms disliked a show about a chain-smoking, alcoholic satanist.
>>
>>62633007
What about Supernatural ?
>>
>>62633167
it was a good show but nowadays they pull so much plot out of their ass...

The story should be over seasons ago. But they just keep shitting out new episodes.

And its getting dumber and dumber. They keep recovering from anything, vampirism, demonic infestations.. Hell, sam used to gulp demon blood to use his powers, Dean was a full demon in the last season. And they keep recovering with Zero consequences.

After everything they fucked up and did, they should be the actual villains of the show.
>>
>>62632968
That sounds reasonable and all but there aren't nearly enough young attractive people on that show for it to be picked up by them.
>>
>>62632910

It was canceled because it's utter shit.
>>
File: 1434349262689.png (560 KB, 732x555) Image search: [Google]
1434349262689.png
560 KB, 732x555
NBC as network was the wrong choice, along with a Friday night slot it was already dead before it could even start really.
>>
>NBC canceled Hannibal and Constantine
>renewed Mysteries of Laura and Aquarius
>>
>>62633532
I had high hopes for Aquarius, but it just went to complete shit within an episode or two, I can't even put my finger on why it sucked exactly, but it just really did.

Cancelling Hannibal was a fucking crime though, that show was brilliant, especially the second season.
>>
>>62632910
Bad writing and bad acting.
>>
>le magic man from arrow

no thanks
>>
File: 1441725423435.jpg (184 KB, 450x417) Image search: [Google]
1441725423435.jpg
184 KB, 450x417
>>62633931
>magic man from arrow
>from arrow
>>
>>62634534
Wait. So the guy from Arrow had his own tv show?
>>
>>62634786

Yes.
>>
>>62634786
yes.
Did you think that they just accidentally found a perfect constantine for one throwaway episode?
>>
>>62634786
bait
>>
>>62632910
Cringe-worthy acting but it had potential to be better in season 2. Same thing happened with Arrow in s02/s03 then it turned shit again. Still feel bad for anons that liked it.
>>
They made it too much of a watered down supernatural-detective-fights-monster-of-the-week show and took out a lot of what would have distinguished it. It wasn't a bad show at all, just not really anything new when there's already more successful shows like Buffy and Supernatural that have done it all before.

I'd have really liked a Hellblazer show that's full on horror, maybe set back during the comics' early timeline, fully emphasising what a manipulative and dangerous person Constantine is at times, and covering some of the really fucked-up storylines back when it was really clear that Alan Moore invented this guy and he wasn't meant to be a loveable rogue with a heart of gold. It probably would have still been cancelled, but at least it would have stood out more and felt less like an imitation even though the series has been going for nearly 30 years.
>>
Should have had the substance of Hellraiser across the season instead we got:

>They made it too much of a watered down supernatural-detective-fights-monster-of-the-week show
>>
>>62632910
name 1 good thing about the show? I found it shit. casting was good but nothing beyond that
>>
>>62634852
since he calls him "guy from arrow" Im assuming he does not know the character
>>
>>62633231
Im personally looking forward to season 30 where Sam and Dean are 2 old dudes training their various bastard children to become monster hunters.

Cas will have somehow aged, all the kids but 2 die and get the car, and the alpha werewolf and Gods cousin twice removed named Frank are the main villains
>>
File: spider24.jpg (22 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
spider24.jpg
22 KB, 500x313
>>62633931
I really hate you
>>
>>62635272
did not they kill all the alphas? will Dean fuck the darkness?
>>
>>62635323
At the very least Alpha Vamp is still around and Alpha werewolf has to be since at least once a season now sinces alphas were introdced they encounter a purebred werewolf.

Also Deans Dicking the Darkness for sure or my name is Sheev Palpatine Lucas
>>
>>62633007
>Fun, episodic monster-of-the-week shows have no place on television anymore.
But they totally do. A new X Files-type show would be exactly what TV needs right now.
>>
>>62632910
It was a disgrace to hellblazer and it killed any chance of any decent adaptation ever happening again. Fuck the entire project to hell.
>>
File: ZED.webm (3 MB, 712x398) Image search: [Google]
ZED.webm
3 MB, 712x398
>>
>>62632968
they recently did an Arrow/Constantine crossover of sorts, maybe 10 minutes of JC airtime at the most but it was still pretty cool. I was really bummed out when they cancelled it, you could tell the actor playing Constantine loved it
>>
>>62637351
That's why there's gonna be new X files.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.