[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, Christopher Nolan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
Who's interpretation of Batman was your most preferred?
>>
the one with batsuit nipples
>>
Burton >= Nolan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schumacher
>>
File: cia-caught.jpg (15 KB, 720x352) Image search: [Google]
cia-caught.jpg
15 KB, 720x352
Wait, Nolan made a Batman movie?
>>
File: 1431280406314.gif (449 KB, 286x119) Image search: [Google]
1431280406314.gif
449 KB, 286x119
>>62630357
3 of them, you turbopleb, actually the pic in your post is from one of those movies!!
>>
>>62630294
Best Burton (stylistically his Batmans were the most interesting to watch and take in. Keaton was GOAT, Devito and Nicholson were great and michelle pfieffer was HNNNNG and great. also michael gough was GOAT alfred)

then Nolan (cool movies, but not as visually interesting)

Schumacher(forever was kinda meh, val was alright, batman and robin is hilarious)
>>
>>62630294
The sad part is that kid's gonna grow up to be a weird looking and gangly adult manlet like all child actors instead of a mountainous and rugged square handsomeness of Bruce Wayne. Would have been sweet to see them use the Gotham actors fifteen years form now to do some sort of Year One TV show.
>>
>>62630497

He might luck out and turn into an Alexander Ludwig
>>
>>62630294
Burton was best. Those two movies were the only two batman movie that didn't put me to sleep plus he roasted clowns with his bat car
>>
burton because we got batman TAS, some of those episodes were dark. Not sure how they made in on the air.
>>
Why doesn't Batman dance anymore?
>>
>>62632379
dat ass
>>
>>62630294
why would he have his bat ears that long? For someone who considers himself a ninja, they're not practical at all
>>
>>62630294
>Me on the right
>>
>>62630294
Burton > Schumacher (1995) >>>>>> Schumacher (1997) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Literal dog shit boiling in a pot full of maggot ridden aborted African AIDS baby fetuses >>>>>>>>>> Nolan
>>
>>62632379
Fuck why is catwoman always so hot?
It was the only redeeming feature of TDKR:
>>
>>62630294
Nolan's. If mainly for the fact that Nolan took care of elevating Batman from a mere Gimmick to an actual character!

Not saying that Burton's rendition is bad. But still, Burton's Batman is such a decidedly UNheroic character that I can't think of any good reason why people would deem him superior to Nolan's version apart from visual aspects.
>>
File: CIA_Hi-res.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CIA_Hi-res.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>62630395
>implying Batman was the focus of that movie
>>
>>62630294

Burton's Batman.

He was the only one that wasn't a fucking pussy.

http://youtu.be/0GkJSjOxD4U
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1000x1494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1000x1494
>>62634438

Who cares if the Keaton/Burton Batman is unheroic? Batman's conception as a character was the answer and antithesis to Superman. He has been depicted as an anti hero/vigilante since the beginning. The best Batman interpretations have always been the darker, more tragic ones.

Out of all of them so far, Burton's is the only one that makes sense. You look at Keaton's Wayne/Batman and you buy him as this orphan that saw his parents get shot in the face and is disturbed enough to go out there in a fucking batsuit, throttling punks and criminals on the streets, probably until the day he dies. The Keaton Bruce Wayne used the Batman persona like some sort of therapeutic OCD. He was fucked up. Why? His parents. He didn't dwell on his mommy or daddy though like the others did, he knew he was nuts. Yeah, it's not "heroic" or superheroish or typical capeshit, but that doesn't make it inferior.
>>
>>62636184

Batman is a superhero in the comics and pretty much every other medium. Batman shouldn't be a whack job, it's not heroic or noble and it certainly isn't accurate. Burton got it wrong.

I want to root for the hero and be invested. I got teary eyed when Bruce makes the climb and jump out of the prison well. It was inspiring. Nolan got it right and perfectly depicted a hero's journey. It was never about Batman, it was Bruce Wayne. In fact, I'd say Schumacher understood this as well with his interpretation of Batman since they got rid of his psychosis and made Bruce Wayne more of a normal, upstanding human being.

The fact that Nolan and Schumacher gave their Batman a family circle of allies and side kicks speaks volumes imo. Burton made his Batman a dark, depressing loner which isn't compelling or positive at all. It's just not as good.
>>
>>62630294
That Jew kid must die
>>
Burton's. Just for the stunning aesthetics of Batman Returns. And the great take on the Batman/Bruce Wayne and Catwoman/Selina Kyle relationship. And the subtext about differences and pretending to be someone else.
>>
>>62636353

>muh comics
>>
>>62630294
I realised Wayne Manor on "Gotham" is th same exterior as in Batman Forever and Batman and Robin.

>the Touch kid grows up to be Val Kilmer and George Clooney

So Gotham takes place in the Schumacherverse?
>>
>>62630294
Nolan>Burton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schumacher
>>
>>62630294
I honestly think Fox's Gotham gets the city right. Like the feel of it.
Wheras Nolan just had it be some normal murrican city, "Gotham" is more like the Burton Gotham
>>
>>62634523
Epic meme brah! I'll upvote you!
>>
>>62638024
>Wayne Manor on "Gotham" is the same exterior as in Schumacher's movies

>mfw
I don't like the implications, although Gotham can be silly too, the last few weeks have been pretty insane in a good way. Nygma's essentially Dexter at this stage, complete with ghost buddy. Yet surprisingly it's actually good and decent
>>
>>62630294
Arkhamverse desu
Rocksteady got it down perfectly
>>
>>62630294
Who is the boy?
>>
>>62638104
H.I.G.H. T.E.M.P.E.R.A.T.U.R.E. C.R.A.N.I.U.M.
>>
I've never really been impressed with any Batman movies.
>>
>>62638830

This. They haven't got it right yet.
>>
>>62630294
TAS
>>
>>62630294

Burton, by far.

GOAT Joker, amazing Batman and Catwoman, 2 10/10 movies, actually interesting Gotham.

Nolan is grimdark and joyless and Schumacher is the devil himself.
>>
>>62630294
Adam west
>>
>>62639198
This. Only true answer. Then Burton. Then Rocksteady. Then Gotham. Nolan.
>>
Nolan

His Batman goes on an actual journey and there is an actual character there, Gordon and Alfred are actual characters. GOAT villains used. Gotham is an actual character as well which is the best.

In Burton everything is just so visually the city the supporting characters. Its just empty as fuck.
Burton's batman is just a weird Burton movie with a guy in a Batsuit. Never was fan of Schumacher

So yeah easy Nolan not even a question.
>>
>>62630294
Bruce Timm
>>
Leslie H. Martinson
>>
Animated Batman is more my Batman then any of the Live Movies.

Same with Mark Hamill's Joker.
>>
File: 1446633104631.jpg (133 KB, 720x718) Image search: [Google]
1446633104631.jpg
133 KB, 720x718
>>62640301
>Never was fan of Schumacher
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.