[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: terminator-genisys-t-800.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
terminator-genisys-t-800.png
1 MB, 1600x900
What went wrong?
>>
Literally everything. Everything has been completely raped in this movie. 2015 stuck its giant, unoriginal, sjw cock up the terminators ass. I pray to god cameron comes back and reticons everything past 2...maybe aside from the Sarah conor chronicles
>>
>>62626370

What? SJW in this? Where?
>>
>>62626403
Are you kidding me? Sarah connor had none of the development from 1-2 and becomes the saviour of reese. She literally says come with me if you want to live. You blind cunt.
>>
>>62626291
Terminator is a shit franchise. Barring T1, all its movies are terrible and cringe worthy.
>>
>>62626291
became a complete parody of itself. Instead of making of making its own memorable one liners it uses old ones as a joke.
>>
>>62626631
Id also like to add shes pudgy and a terrible fucking actress.
>>
>>62626631
>and becomes the saviour of reese. She literally says come with me if you want to live
How is that SJW, Strong women saving guys isn't bad and isn't sjw shit.
Sjw shit is when guys are made to look bad or incompetent to make the girl look good.
Or when men in general are demonized and punished with shit far worse than the crime.
>>
>>62626678

I agree, she is terrible, but >>62626694 makes my point, you're reaching too much here mate
>>
They blew their load in the trailer and hired Jai Courtney and Emilia Clarke to lead and J.K. Simmons to barely support. I liked everything else.
>>
>>62626694
>>62626723

Fuck that. Reese is made out to be completely incompetent. The movie completely revolves around the fact she doesnt need reese to save her. She is the lead, which completely undermines the purpose of sending reese in the first place. Literally retconned all of the other terminator movies. Reese is sent back to be a sperm donor. You guys are just idiots,
>>
>>62626291

retarded audience
>>
>>62626812
Id like to add, if you cant see how a small pudgy actress drivig a truck through a wall and saying come with me if you want to live to what used to be the protagonist as feminism being forced down your throat you are retarded.
>>
>>62626907
it felt less forced than mad max did so I wouldn't call that feminsim
>>
The chinks thought it was great.
>>
>>62627567
Chinks will watch anything that doesn't feature niggers
>>
>>62626370
Strongly disagree with everything this anon said. This move was made entirely from the standpoint of Terminator was great and the two shitty sequels that came after T2 were a shit stain that should be removed from history.

>>62626812
Reese isn't incompetent it's just a different example of him being thrown into a world he doesn't understand. This time it's a place where Sarah and the Terminator are more prepared for what's in store than he is. He's still the one who breaks them out of the hospital and police custody. Also, how you can think retconning T3 and Salvation is anything but good just shows me that you're an out of touch autistic fanboy who has no taste in movies.

The only thing you're right about is Emilia Clarke was too plump to play Sarah, they really should have made her commit to being physically able to play the role.
>>
>>62628157
Emilia Clark was shit
>>
>nobody ever mentions terminator salvation
that's what ruined genysis (other than the retarded spelling) to be honest
genysis was the big "comeback" flick after salvation and they dropped the ball
>>
>>62626652
Ooh look honey it's the 'James Cameron sequels all suck' meme, quick take a picture!
>>
>>62628157
"Reese isn't incompetent it's just a different example of him being thrown into a world he doesn't understand. This time it's a place where Sarah and the Terminator are more prepared for what's in store than he is."

Who the fuck thought that was an acceptable idea for a Terminator sequel?
>>
>>62626812
>Reese is sent back to be a sperm donor. You guys are just idiots,

If you haven't watched Genisys and enjoyed it just because of it's attempt to explain all of the ridiculously obvious paradoxes, then YOU'RE the idiot.

The Terminator series was never well written in regards to the basic element/paradox that someone can't go back in time and father a child that he knows as an adult in his own timeline. That shit doesn't EVER compute.

I believe Genisys was fucking great- superb even.

>SJW

this is becoming meaningless. it's becoming 'what i don't like'. and if you dig deeper, the criticizing of something as 'sjw' becomes ironic in the sense that the critics what to standardize their own views of how a movie or story should be told. screaming sjw is practically nonsense. even if there was a movement, this shit is still art and how dare anyone try to define what can or cannot be done in cinema so loosely.
>>
>>62626291
Terminator 3
>>
what the fuck are people talking sjw's like it's /v/ or something?
True reason is
PG-13
G
l
>>
>>62629392
T3 was a wild, fun ride with a sexy terminator fembot.

The only serious terminator movie was the 1st- the best one and the rest have been gimmicky although still very good.
>>
>>62626291
Does this have Jason Clarke's best role yet? So far, he's always been typecast as that bland, nice guy except in Genisys.
>>
>>62626291
Everything to be honest family. I just finished watching it and it was the worst movie I have seen since the AVGN movie
>>
>>62629159
If the future has been changed how's Reese supposed to be the one in charge? It's literally the most sensical change in the series.
>>
>>62629530
No it's not, it's literally the same as Stephanie Myers reversing the gender roles for her Twilight rehash/cashgrab.
>>
>>62626291
A lot.

Off the top of my head:
>The title
>The plot holes
>Ignoring the events of T2 while claiming not to
>Jai Courtney
>Courtney being able to view memories from an alternate life because he got sad
>The shitty music
>The pointless fight between the T-101s when Sarah had a sniper ready to go
>Emilia CLarke's accent
>Travelling forwards in time
>John Connor
>Matt Smith
>The shitty shot-for-shot "homages" that needed to be aborted
>THE COUNTDOWN JUMPED AGAIN
>>
>>62626631
did you not watch the first two terminator movies where a woman was the main character
what you're describing is bad writing and attributing it to the personification of your fear of politically empowered women
>>
>>62629593
Sarah wasn't the main character of T2, John was.
>>
>>62629576
>No it's not, it's literally the same as Stephanie Myers reversing the gender roles for her Twilight rehash/cashgrab

are you trolling? reese dies in every terminator he's in except for genisys. when was he ever been this powerful manly man meant to save the world?

the most sensible critique i've read about reese concerns how they beefed him up. if he's part of a ragtag group of revolutionaries that are constantly on the run, it makes sense for him to look as he did in the 1st film. in genisys, he could've been programmed as a terminator himself given his build.
>>
>>62626291
Well, the problem started with the first one.

It was made, you see.

Then, the real trouble started
>>
>>62629576
I don't know anything about Twilight but there are numerous occasions in Genisys where Kyle Reese plays a key role in saving the day.
>>
>>62629613

this guy >>62629593
is right

you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>62629853
no I'm saying that instead of rehashing the 1st story & swap two character's roles is retarded, they should've found a new avenue to use with the lore (while shoe-horning in Ahhnold of course),
>>
>>62629875

this is truer than anyone wants to admit, but i did that already here:>>62629268
>>
People will hate on sequels these days no matter what, that's what went wrong
>>
T1 - Cameron - Excellent
T2 - Cameron - Excellent
T3 - No Cameron - Shit
T4 - No Cameron - Shit
T5 - No Cameron - Shit

It's difficult to pinpoint but there's a pattern slowly emerging here
>>
T2 >= T1 >>>>>> Genisys > salvation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T3
>>
>>62629977
T3 was not worse than fucking salvation
>>
I just watched this tonight for the hell of it, and it's so goddamn laughable at what they did to the franchise. It's definitely not one of those "so bad it's good" movies. It's just plain awful. It's like they basically took everything from the first four movies, threw in a blender, drank it, then threw it up again.

The only good thing about this movie is that there is no setup for a sequel at all.
>>
>>62629918
>they should've found a new avenue to use with the lore

they did! you just so happen to not like the direction they took. most people that had been thinking or discussing the paradoxes always wondered why the machines never sent back a terminator to kill sarah as a child. there's no really no evidence in the films that implies the machines didn't have the capability. in genisys, we actually see that!

in genisys, the machines should be seen as being more desperate than they were before by actually trying to kill the main source of their problem without much temporal fallout that would destroy a 'successful' timeline. thus, they send a terminator, finally, after sarah as a child, but after all of the battles leading from the 1st terminator, someone is ready for them.

you literally have nothing to complain about- instead of simply being a sperm donor, reese actually has a role to play in a sequel to genisys.
>>
>>62630019
Yeah it is:
>turing the terminator into a joke
>making him go into a stripper bar and fighting with a gay stripper
>worst arnie 1 liner (TALK TO DA HAN)
>Nick stahl is the worst thing ever
>claire danes annoying af
>Pointless fem terminator that is worse than t-1000
>responcible for all the bullshit that happened afterward

T3 was pandoras box
>>
>>62629593
>>62629613
>>62629898
All of you are wrong, but >>62629613 is the most correct.

The protagonist of The Terminator is Sarah Connor.
The protagonist of Terminator 2 is John Connor.

The main character of both is the Arnie.
>>
>>62629954
>T2
>excellent
>whiny fucking child through 4/5ths of the movie

i heard /tv/ was pedo, but i thought it only wanted girls...

>T3
>shit

the bathroom scene where tx8000 watever model gets dunked through a toilet clinched it as a solid film. of course, the action was solid throughout and the story telling was on par.
>>
File: Nice wig.jpg (71 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Nice wig.jpg
71 KB, 786x393
So who sent him back?
>>
File: NOW THIS IS A NUCLEAR BLAST!.gif (1 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
NOW THIS IS A NUCLEAR BLAST!.gif
1 MB, 400x170
Don't forget the awful timeline retardation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXJiSZhA5cg
So, all of the movies got retconned, in the most confusing bullshit ever.
>>
>>62630111
shit taste confirmed. only hipsters who like to hate on good things actually hate on edward furlong in T2

there was nothing solid about T3s story
>>
>>62630019
>>62630062
The worst part about T3 is that it completely ruined the theme of T2 (the best film in the franchise).

>T2: The future isn't set. There's no destiny but what we make for ourselves.
>T3: lol nah. no matter what you do judgment day is still going to happen. you can't stop it. you can't change the future. you can only delay the inevitable

Garbage
>>
>>62626291

>What went wrong?

>Starring Jai Courtney and Emilia Clark
>>
File: Troll Sigma.jpg (179 KB, 800x651) Image search: [Google]
Troll Sigma.jpg
179 KB, 800x651
>>62629954
THERE'S NO FATE BUT WHAT WE MAKE FOR OURSEEELLVVVVESSS!
>>
>>62630151
THIS. the writers didnt even like terminator to begin with, ironically made a film far worse.

such a stupid movie
>>
>>62630042
alright you win, I haven't actually seen Genesis (still not going to see it though)
>>
>>62630242
Just see it as Terminator fanfiction.
>>
>>62630151

Um...if you tried to understand the outcomes of each movie, it should've became obvious that

>T2: The future isn't set. There's no destiny but what we make for ourselves

was ALWAYS bullshit. plus you've clearly never read up on time travel theories that involve the concept of constants.

literally, the machines are trying to change their destiny at every angle but they keep losing. you can either see their losing as a constant OR see it as something that isn't set that produces the machines continual failures at achieving their goal.

the terminator series should be seen as a struggle between the arguments of predetermination and free will.
>>
There was no sacrifice.
If you look at the first 3 terminator films, The t-1000 sacrificed itself to save john twice and in the first one kyle reece sacrifices himself. Hell in salvation your had the cyborg give john his heart. In this movie no main character sacrifices themselves and I think that takes so much of the the heart of it. Without the sacrifice and it justs a action ramp with no real emontional weight. Also the main actress acting is stiff as a board.
>>
>>62630119
Alternate reality John Connor
>>
T1 was about jesus robot time travel bullshit, it sucked
T2 was a mindless action movie, it rocked
T3 was a cash in on mindless action, it rocked
T4 was about jesus robot bullshit, it sucked
T5 was a cash in on mindless robot time travel nostalgia, it rocked.
>>
>>62626291
>What went wrong?
They took a fun stand-alone movie and tried to franchise it.
>>
>>62630242

pls refrain from commenting on genisys then.

>>62630320
>fanfiction

Genisys is the ONLY terminator movie that tries to make sense of the rest. Everything through T4 was conceptual garbage given the time paradoxes that were obvious straight from the beginning.

With Genisys, we have the introduction of alternate timelines, merging timelines, and probably a few more paradoxes that I haven't attempted to understand completely. However, the story manages to explain away the most obvious ones from the previous movies so it gets high marks for that alone.
>>
Fuck you guys. If you like t3 or salvation you are almost definitely <25. Both are terrible. T3 is an abortion. Gay bar arnie. This movie is clearly pushing a feminist agenda. Terminator 1 and 2, and ill throw in aliens, have believable female protagonists. Cameron knew how to have a female lead without it feeling like pandering, which this movie fails miserably at. If you like this incompetent piece of trash, you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>62630556
Cameron is a fucking sellout of massive proportions. You're on damage control. Your argument is shit.
>>
>>62628157
No taste in movies? Holy shit you are a pretensious faggot trying to defend the merits of T3. It is trash. Casting is absolutely shit. The movie becomes a terrible parody of T2 at least several times. You a fucking idiot.
>>
>>62630609
Are you fucking kidding? How the fuck has he sold out? How would you saying that invalidate an argument shit head?
>>
>>62630632
Hey, there are worse things than an updated, high budget parody of T2... like T4.
>>
>>62630556

>simply having a female protagonist
>pushing a feminist agenda

how's that hs education treating you? fat, stupid, and lazy is no way to go through life.
>>
>>62630663
I don't know, by applying logic in conjunction with observation? How does 'shit head' effect the conversation?
>>
>>62630679
T1 and T2 have a strong female in a leading role. This garbage has a fucking nightmare of an actress who cant act her way out of a garbage bag, which is wjere her career is going after GoT. She completely unbelievable as anything other then a terrible actress. Why are you defending this steaming pile out hot garbage you young ugly fag?
>>
Cameron didnt sell out. he didnt have sequel rights to the series. he wanted to buy in 1997 with 20th century but they thought titanic was ginna bomb so they passed

his ex gale anne hurd sold to carlco and they made the shit that was T#

Based-Cameron did nothin wrong
>>
>>62630725
It doesnt cunt. You haven't made any counter points. This movie is trash and you are a fucking moron.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (335 KB, 700x925) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
335 KB, 700x925
>>62630775
>>
>>62626291
they let the guy from game of thrones make it and he cast emelia clarke
>>
>>62630806
avatar was just okay. its cameron's weakest, but its watchable albiet overlong
>>
>>62629413
Get fucked guy who thinks he's so mature. It was fucking garbage period. TSCC was on network TV and was better than this shit.
>>
File: Kermit[1].jpg (28 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
Kermit[1].jpg
28 KB, 600x416
>>62630843
>>
>>62630806
You missed the entire point of avatar. It was cameron developing innovative 3d tech first. The story wasnt essential at all. If you didnt see it in imax then shut you mouth, you missed the point. It started a huge wave of terrible immitators in 3d and is still fucking unmatched.
>>
>>62630772
>young ugly fag

more baseless assertions again?

Anyway, Emilia Clarke was probably seen as perfect for the role given her natural likeness to the other Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton. I don't particularly like either of their performances, but they get the job done adequately.

If you can explain how John Connor exists without stating an obvious paradox, then I'll agree that the other terminators were superior, but if you can't, then you must insist that you're only concern is superficial while overlooking plotholes that should have no business in a time travel narrative.. And that you either enjoy mindless action and/or gimmickry over everything else.
>>
>>62630914
Money was the point. It was the single most irredeemable act of cinema in a hundred years. The media pandering, the shameless propaganda, the 3 fucking Dee, the lack of even a moments worth of entertainment.

There's motive behind any defense of that steaming pile of shit, yours must be ego. I pray it's merely ego.
>>
>>62630934
Baseless? You're on 4chan arguing about terminator, you clearly have nothing better to do. Emily is no fucking where near linda. That one statement shows how retarded you are. What are you talkimg about? When did this become about plotholes? T2 had phenomenal build up, set piece after set piece. The ending was actually emotional. The characters felt real in spite of the ridiculous plot. Where as this trash is laughable the entire way through, its a parody of t2 in almost every way. They literally drive off into the sunset with everything being fine and dandy, the polar opposite of T2's solome driving down an aimless road with only a few feet of road visible. Plus connor literally turns in to a robot, common man, thats a huge structural plothole that literally fucks with the integrity of the entire franchise.
>>
>>62630984
Oh enlighten me more fag! It wasnt money you retard. Cameron loves exploration and innovation. He doesnt sell cheap merchandise. If ypu cant appreciate how much effort he put into avatar, then you're just a sheep paroting the opinions of every other fag who could nit pick about plot holes in a film that was about 3d immersion. Other people fallowed and they placed little to no effort, that was cashing in. What cameron did was innovative, you're just to full of yourself to be able to perceive it. You are an idiot.
>>
>>62630632
>how you can think retconning T3 and Salvation is anything but good just shows me that you're an out of touch autistic fanboy who has no taste in movies.

Was this a terribly written sentence or did you misunderstand what I was saying? I hate T3, the chase is the only thing worth anything in it.
>>
>>62631179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzF4lODg3g
>>
>>62631218
If thats what you meant, then yes it was poorly worded
>>
>We want the Game of Thrones audience
lmao
>>
>>62630867
This is what butthurt Russians actually believe. Cry more.
>>
>>62631484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PM-ptnZes
>>
>>62631264
>>62631586

Youre a loser
>>
File: pfft.webm (866 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
pfft.webm
866 KB, 1280x544
>>62631607
>>
>>62631690
Fine made me laugh... thread is dead, goodnight
>>
Best Terminator films after the first 2.
>>
>>62631923

This guy knows what's up
>>
>>62626291
They probably need to dump everything by the time Cameron gets his rights back & restart to rejuvenate whole things.
>>
It was fine. Not amazing, just mediocre. And that's OK for an action flick.
>>
>>62626291
They made it. That's what went wrong.
>>
Retarded plot
>John Connor suddenly becomes evil after fighting the machines all his life
>Arnie upgrades just coming into contact with the liquid metal
>The asian guy revives a terminator just splashing a bit of liquid metal on it
>How easily the evil Arnie gets killed
Saying that, Arnie was great but I thought Salvation was a much better movie.
>>
>>62626291
>What went wrong?
A lot
>>
>>62626291

Kyle Reese is the most advanced yet the most lazy, incompetent Terminator in the entire franchise, there is never any buildup to his encounters, he's just there to move the shit plot along.

The worst example is the police station, can someone tell me why he went to where Arnold, who while inferior, still poses the biggest threat to him was being interrogated instead of finding Kyle or Sarah, the people he actually wanted to kill?
>>
Is that the level loading screen from Battlefield 3 behind Arnie?
>>
>>62634877

>pc designs logo in bottom right

prolly.
>>
File: 1443107873441.png (42 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1443107873441.png
42 KB, 240x232
I've never watched a single Terminator past JD.

Am I missing out?
>>
>>62634944
Not really, there's some half decent effects but that's about it.
>>
File: Ash Goes Fucking Mental.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Ash Goes Fucking Mental.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>62634944
No. 3 was alright but it's not as good as JD. Salvation is mediocre as a standalone movie and disappointing as a sequel to T3
>>
>>62634944

From the perspective of seeing how people try and fail to be faithful to the first two movies, sure.

I find the behinds the scenes stuff is way more interesting than anything, like how Claire Danes punched Arnold as hard as she could at his request for that scene in T3.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.