[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thomas the Tank Engine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: thomas-the-tank-engine.jpg (93 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
thomas-the-tank-engine.jpg
93 KB, 876x493
I was fucking obsessed with this show as a wee little tyke. So much so that I owned all of the little figurines, watched the show endlessly to the point that the intro theme is forever seared into my parents minds, and I still remember half of their names today.

It was the reason I became one of those weird little kids that are obsessed with trains, and made their parents buy and build a train-set (in fact, I think the original show was just a bunch of train-sets), and I would play with that shit all day.

So I turn on the TV today and check the guide, and lo and behold, there it is. I decide to take a stroll down memory lane and watch what was left of the episode for nostalgia sake.

It's pretty much the same as far as the narrative goes, but the heart is just not there anymore. What was once hand-crafted models and motorized toys was replaced by heartless CGI and lame kiddy sing-a-long-songs. Also, the trains mouths move when they talk now, which is creepy to me for some reason.

Sad tbh smh fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw

Does anybody else have early childhood guilty pleasures that remain close to home like this, or am I just a fruitcake?
>>
I still watch a show called Camberwick Greeen.
>>
>>61808001
I didn't mind it when I was a kid but i wasn't crazy about it, it's a shame things like this wont be made anymore, the magic roundabout is similar to me also, remember trapdoor? that was weird.

>tfw my middle name is thomas
>>
OP here. This made me so happy when it was a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOAWwnH1ag
>>
>>61808001
envision the horror of huge sentient trains that have giant faces on the front leering at you while you wait on the platform.
>>
>>61808001
Brought up on Ringo Starr master race reporting in.
I bought the first season on DVD a few years ago for nostalgic reasons. The CGI announcement saddened me.
>>
>>61808116
I see literally nothing wrong with this scenario
>>
I loved it when I was a child too. Appropriately, liking Thomas the Tankengine and Friends as a kid means you have autism.

http://www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/our-publications/reports/our-policy-and-research-reports/children-with-autism-and-thomas-the-tank-engine.aspx
>>
>>61808226
So why is Sonic the Hedgehog so popular amongst artists too?
>>
>>61808896
*autists kek
>>
File: Thomas in station.jpg (190 KB, 918x709) Image search: [Google]
Thomas in station.jpg
190 KB, 918x709
>>61808116
I see you have never been to thomas land
>>
>>61808001
George Carlin was in that show. And yes I fucking loved it.
>>
>>61808226

There's hope for OP. It's a shame he's in his forties and hasn't left the house in 28 years.
>>
>>61809886
I have
>>
File: 1443901480242.jpg (11 KB, 185x182) Image search: [Google]
1443901480242.jpg
11 KB, 185x182
>>61809886
>>
File: Hedwig.jpg (150 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Hedwig.jpg
150 KB, 600x300
I was fucking obsessed with Harry Potter as little boy. So much so that I owned a wand, a broomstick, and Hogwarts robes, read the books repeatedly to the point that the covers are forever seared into my parents minds, and I still remember all the incantations today.

It was the reason I became one of those weird little kids that are obsessed with england, and made their parents go on tours to historical castles (in fact, I think we went to some of the locations where they filmed HP), and I would imagine being a wizard all day.

So I turn on the TV today and check the guide, and lo and behold, there it is. I decide to take a stroll down memory lane and watch what was left of the movie for nostalgia sake.

It's pretty much the same as far as the narrative goes, but the heart is just not there anymore. What was once beautiful descriptions and chilling words was replaced by heartless CGI and lame kiddy jokes. Also, everyone including Voldemort are wearing muggle clothes now, which is creepy to me for some reason.

Sad tbh smh fam
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.