[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes this movie so good and scary? it shouldn't be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Rosemarys-baby-Poster.jpg (363 KB, 800x1127) Image search: [Google]
Rosemarys-baby-Poster.jpg
363 KB, 800x1127
what makes this movie so good and scary?
it shouldn't be that good tbh
>>
its good but by todays standards just a straight-up drama, not scary
>>
File: rosemarysbaby-cassavettes.jpg (100 KB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
rosemarysbaby-cassavettes.jpg
100 KB, 1600x861
>>61799390
The idea that she is all alone surrounded by people who put n a show of caring but really are using her for a selfish monstrous purpose is pretty damn terrifying and hopeless. Also the rape scene is very very off-putting
>This is no dream!

Is this guy the biggest scumbag in film or what?
>>
Polanski knows his shit.
>>
it shows how reproduction is morally indefensible
>>
Because Polanksi was based as fuck in those days.
>>
>being litterally cucked by Satan
>>
>>61799427
>Is this guy the biggest scumbag in film or what?
What do you mean?
>>
>>61799825
He sold his wife as a rape slave to Satan for an acting career.
>>
>>61799847
Oh yeah, that wasn't nice.
>>
>>61799463
>morally indefensible
I don't know about that, but it seems pretty terrifying for women. If you weren't conditioned to have to put up with it all your life it would be horrible
>>
This and Carrie were my mom's most terrifying movies
>>
atmosphere
also, polanski did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>61799427
>Is this guy the biggest scumbag in film or what?

It's hard to think of anyone offhand who could be worse
>>
>>61799390
The fact that Casavettes plays in it so well is really a big help to the movie. It wouldn't be as good if you had an average kind of actor. He's just impenetrable.
Also Mia's innocent acting is really touching.
>>
>>61799390
IT was scary as fuck because of the way the plot slowly unfolded revealing how truly hopeless she was more and more. It plays on the the same kind of fear as Invasion of the Body Snatchers does, except the atmosphere was much more sinister in rosemary
>>
I was thinking of getting the blu. Macbeth and Chinatown are two of my favourite movies.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.