[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crimson Peak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Crimson Peak.jpg (1 MB, 1594x2362) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Peak.jpg
1 MB, 1594x2362
Just saw this. A bit of a disappointment but has some nice visuals going on.

What did you guys think?

Happy to give it a 6/10, myself. Will answer any questions.
>>
Is it worth watching if you just want to watch a spooky movie for halloween with good atmosphere and some creepy vibes? Not looking for a super scary horror movie, but I've heard that the plot is very meh.
>>
>>61779741
I'd give it a 6 if Mia didnt star in it. I really do wish the ghosts had more screen time. So nice, yet you see so little of them. 7 / 10
>>61780118
Jumpscare galore.
>>
>>61780118
Eh, I think if you want jumpscares and spookiness you'd be better off seeing the new Paranormal Activity. Is that out yet? Dunno.

I'd be hard-pressed to call this a horror. More of a thriller, I think.

>>61780133
It's not a movie about ghosts, it's a movie with ghosts. A metaphor for the past. - it's fucking corny, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were getting at. Honestly, considering she was writing a ghost story and was told that she needed to stick a love story in, and then literally the next morning as she types it, Hiddleston walks up... and then it ends with a shot of "Crimson Peak, written by Edith Blahblah"... it's not very fucking subtle.
>>
Should i see this, The Martian, or Sicario?
>>
>>61780818
I haven't seen Sicario, so I can't speak for it. Between this and The Martian, though, see The Martian.
>>
>>61780818
I'd really hate to say this on /tv/ but yeah, go for the martian unless you're a big fan of auspolfu.
>>
How is Charlie Hunnam's acting compared to Pacific Rim? Has he learned to act in 2 years or will I still want to puncture my eardrums and gouge my eyes out?
>>
>>61780987
Having never watched Pacific Rim, it'd be fairly hard for me to say.
In terms of this movie, though, he's fine. He doesn't have as much screen-time as you might think. He plays a noble, well-spoken gentleman. I don't believe anyone would have too much trouble with the role.
>>
>>61779741
>Jumpscare galore.

So Mama 2.0? What is with shitty Del Torro horror movies riddled with jumpscares, but with qt and talented Chastain in them?
>>
>>61781035
What you're quoting was not in my OP, but in someone else's post.
I would argue that there actually aren't a whole lot of jump-scares. There's some heavy suspense going on, but, as I said here >>61780209, I really wouldn't personally lump this in with the horror genre, despite its marketing.
>>
>>61781097
>What you're quoting was not in my OP, but in someone else's post

The tribulations of anonymous posting.
>>
>tfw i'll never ever have hot incestuous sex and cuck my wife
>>
>>61781131
Yeah. I generally keep "OP" in my name during these threads but I'm posting in like 7 other threads and I always forget to change it between posts.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.