[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Film plebs will never understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: fountain.jpg (34 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
fountain.jpg
34 KB, 400x306
>>
Pretty feelsy movie. I liked it a lot
>>
From my point of view, the modern and future setting was real, and he goes on to develop immortality with the express purpose of getting the tree he planted her at... to her star and wanting to survive the trip.

Her story of a immortality tree in Aztec lands, lead him to investigate the plants from Central America.
>>
>>61779626
Inauthentic, go watch Malick for real art.
>>
thug Aronofsky

glorious fucking trip that movie is
>>
File: Perfect teeth man.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Perfect teeth man.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
>that soundtrack
>>
Pretentious bullshit, his worst film by far. I don't usually throw around "pretentious" as an insult but it really fits.

He could have tackled the topic of recurrence in any number of less puerile ways than having a "dude what is even real like you know whatever"-esque series of sequences about le enlightened Chinese martial arts man achieving enlightenment under the tree JUST LIKE BUDDHA YOU KNOW. The space bubble's also a gimmick that adds nothing; just a cheap special effect that only exists for its own benefit.

Let's also not forget to draw confused parallels with fake Mayan philosophy invented for the movie that apes the imagery and mystique of Pre-Columbian cultures and tries to compare it directly with East Asian philosophy because all the ancients had those shards of the one truth and were closer to the Earth and whatever man. They were all the same. But the ebul Catholics are going to hang people with their giant steampunk torture machine because WESTERN CULTURE IS THE MACHINE OF DEAAAATTTHHH. Those enlightened Mexican natives with their skinning people alive and decorating statues with them were so much closer to the spirit of humanity.
>>
>>61780618

death is the road to awe bro?

i wish id met one other person irl who loved that song like i do. id probably be their best friend just on that alone.
>>
>>61780670
you should stop smoking weed.
>>
>>61779626
Speaking purely as a pleb, I can't understand this movie at all.
>>
>>61780697
you should stop posting
>>
>>61779626
not sure i fully understood it, but i liked watching it - twice.
>>
So this is another" films women won't understand" thread?
Alright

The Alamo
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.