[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/, good movie and all but how the fuck did this win Best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 96x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 96x144
Hey /tv/, good movie and all but how the fuck did this win Best Picture over Shawshank Redemption and Pulp Fiction?
>>
Who the hell cares?
>>
Because it appealed to the old men that make up the Academy just like any other winner. It's not about artistic value.
>>
Cuck agenda

They were all actually cuckold movies, but this one was the best one.
>>
>>61771784

because it's a great movie you fucker
>>
>>61771784
It was because of the soundtrack mostly.
>>
Because it was better than both of them.
>>
>>61771837
Not better than PF and Shawshank fucker
>>
File: 1126.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
1126.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>61771784
>caring about what wins an Academy Award
>>
>>61771784
Too many blacks in the others tbqh fam
But mostly because Lt.Dan, the 90's had a hard on for including handicap people.
>>
>>61771815
this. Nothing slightly violent will pass.
>>
>>61771784
>He's a Pulp Fiction deserved the Best Picture person
Reddit please.
>>
>>61771895
It's way better than that Shawshank shit.
>>
If I was teaching a film class and I needed to discuss the objectively best film ever made, it would be Forrest Gump. It is a flawless display of every element of universally appealing filmmaking. It even uses the best story trope, the hero's journey.

That being said, Forrest Gump isn't in my top 10 favorite movies. I love Pulp Fiction but it's terrible compared to Forrest Gump if you look at it from an objective filmmaking sense. The plot is random and there is no clear protagonist.

You just have to be able to look at things from the perspective of an objective film critic rather than a biased film watcher who likes certain things and dislikes others.
>>
>>61772206
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh god I love revisiting this place and getting tickled by the EXTREME PLEB-ness of the idiots who still post on 4chan

oh my god, I'm writing home about this one
>>
File: Now that is rich..jpg (14 KB, 236x333) Image search: [Google]
Now that is rich..jpg
14 KB, 236x333
>>61772206
>objective
>>
>>61772269
Why even phrase it like that, you could just as easily have said "when I get back to reddit I'm going to get so many upvotes" and everyone would know what you mean anyways
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.