[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any cinemas near you that actually project films in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: FXU4OYPG825I1OV.LARGE.jpg (25 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
FXU4OYPG825I1OV.LARGE.jpg
25 KB, 470x353
Are there any cinemas near you that actually project films in 35mm?

I live in Sydney and it's all digital as far as I know
>>
Closest is like 400 miles or something.
>>
It's been years since I've seen a movie with a film projector

I've forgotten what they look like, are they actually better than digital?
>>
when i lived in virginia, we had one in blacksburg and one in roanoke. i'm pretty sure those two still do, given that they're considered historical landmarks.

now, i live in boston and we have several. one in cambridge is a shitty theater (brattle), but i've seen some great movies there and they don't fuck with digital. the other in brookline (coolidge) i have this pass to see free movies with and they don't do digital. i like both of them a lot.

i think the one in somerville is non-digital too. i saw 2001 in 70mm there last month and it was incredible.
>>
File: 1419242291584.jpg (211 KB, 1600x1078) Image search: [Google]
1419242291584.jpg
211 KB, 1600x1078
When so many movies are recorded with digital cameras in the first place I guess there is no point. All the cinemas near me show movies mostly in 2K and it looks awful. For me digital makes movies look like made for TV productions. Sadly movie goers are plebs and don't care.
>>
>>61753005
>talks about plebs
>posts nolan

you know, friend, that was half subtle. i agree with your point, though.
>>
>>61752495

Why would you want this?
>>
File: 1430319717786.gif (3 MB, 285x225) Image search: [Google]
1430319717786.gif
3 MB, 285x225
>>61753125
>>
>>61752661
digital for flicks

projector for films
>>
>>61753005
Nolan may be a hack, but at least he's a big proponent of keeping film alive.
>>
>>61753125
this.

OP please defend your taste. Why would you want to use archaic tech? Are you a hipster?
>>
The feeling when Milius' Conan ends prematurely after the projector brokes dowm.
>>
>>61752495
>worked for 5 years as a projectionist

one of the best jobs i ever had.
>>
live in bris, and the GOMA screens some things in 35mm
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.