[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best: Citizen Kane Overrated: the Magnificent Ambersons Underrated:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: 03_01.jpg (2 MB, 1860x2306) Image search: [Google]
03_01.jpg
2 MB, 1860x2306
Best: Citizen Kane

Overrated: the Magnificent Ambersons

Underrated: Falstaff
>>
>>61733517
Worst: Mr. Arkadin
>>
File: 20131018Scorsese_1534Webcopy.jpg (33 KB, 349x524) Image search: [Google]
20131018Scorsese_1534Webcopy.jpg
33 KB, 349x524
Best: Taxi Driver

Overrated: Gangs Of New York

Underrated: The Departed

Worst: Gangs Of New York
>>
File: steve mcqueen.jpg (258 KB, 852x560) Image search: [Google]
steve mcqueen.jpg
258 KB, 852x560
Best: Hunger / 12 Years A Slave

Overrated: Shame

Underrated: Hunger

Worst: Shame
>>
>>61733517
His best is Touch of Evil, pleb
>>
>>61733732
Touch of evil, although it's a great film, did poorly at the box office when it came out and was given middling reviews by critics. It was severely underrated, but because of this underrated, now it's become cool to say you like it in order to score film geek credibility points. It's so overly praised now that it's actually become overrated. Saying it's his best film is the way plebs try to seem like patricians.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Touch Of Evil is now the Citizen Kane of Orson Welles films.
>>
>>61733829
That's because the uncut version came out like 20 years after more than a hip trend.

Citizen Kane is still magnificent tho
>>
>>61734206
It's not a fucking uncut edition. It's a reconstruction Walter Murch did based on a memo, but Orson didn't even produce the film. the 1950s version is actually better than the 1998 memo version.
>>
File: christopher nolan.jpg (197 KB, 1600x1078) Image search: [Google]
christopher nolan.jpg
197 KB, 1600x1078
Best: The Dark Knight

Best: The Dark Knight Rises

Best: Interstellar

Best: The Prestige
>>
File: renoir.jpg (52 KB, 420x467) Image search: [Google]
renoir.jpg
52 KB, 420x467
Best: A day in the country

Overrated: The River

Underrated: Le Béte Humain
>>
File: Robert-Aldrich.jpg (115 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Robert-Aldrich.jpg
115 KB, 540x720
Best: Kiss Me Deadly

Overrated: Twilight's Last Gleaming

Underrated: The Choirboys

Worst: The Frisco Kid
>>
>>61733829
>Touch Of Evil is now the Citizen Kane of Orson Welles films

i want to get off this ride
>>
>>61733631
Awful
Shame is his best and 12 years is overrated. Do you know how many people think McQueen literally only directs. 12 years? Every fucking normal person thinks that. They haven't even heard of hunger or shame.
>>
>>61736393
Rotg is best to me but I agree to disagree
>>
File: vern.jpg (39 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
vern.jpg
39 KB, 600x550
Best: Ernest Goes to Jai

Overrated: Ernest Scared Stupid

Underrated: Ernest Goes to Camp
>>
>>61737275
>Rotg
For a second I was imagining a Renoir style comedy of manners set in a mansion on Endor satirizing the upperclass society within the Empire. Perhaps a famous rebel pilot is in an unrequited love affair with a woman from the empire. Maybe there could even be a scene where C-3po collects all the shoes.
>>
>>61733598
>taxi driver
>best
You're joking right?
It's not bad by any means, but I think Taxi driver is his most over rated.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.