[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was that man that was always helping MAXINE in George Millers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: max.jpg (110 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
110 KB, 720x1080
Who was that man that was always helping MAXINE in George Millers flick 'Mad Max' ?

Was he her spirit guide or something? unusual for a movie aimed at a female demographic.
>>
>>67228671

>aimed at the female demographic.

I'd respectfully disagree. I think it was aimed for both nostalgic fans, newcomers, men and females alike.

I think what everyone gets so mad about is that people often confuse it for a feminist film, which by todays standards, would be laughable, as the movement has strayed far from the definition.

But getting back on point, I reckon it had everything that interested everyone. Intense action, good actors, insane cinematography, over the top visuals, and overall one hell of a spectacle, and in the long run, it worked.
>>
>>67228779
>it worked.
>>
>>67228671
how's it a feminist flick? it's not like any of them were strong or intelligent, and max was the one who turned them around in the desert and saved their weak stupid asses several times
>>
>>67228930
>hasn't seen the original movies
>>
>>67228823

Well on most people who can enjoy a movie and not be total edge lords about it.
>>
>>67229021
>Paid to see TFA
>>
File: 9ba.gif (2 MB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
9ba.gif
2 MB, 383x576
>>67229039
>H-he's a shill, I swear.
>H-hey /tv/, look at this guy, he can enjoy a movie that I can't!
>>
>>67228962
What do the original movies have to do with Fury Road not being a feminist flick?
>>
>>67228823
Not that anon but it did. It was everything I wanted from a new Mad Max film. The only thing missing was Mel although Tom did a pretty good job.
>>
>>67229172
And you know, Max's fucking car.
>>
>>67229144

>still thinking that MM was a feminist flick.

That's like saying TFA was a feminist flick, or Kill Bill was a feminist flick.

If you want a feminist flick, watch Suffragette, or some bullshit show made by MTV.
>>
>>67229198
Eh, it was in the film for a bit. I've never had too much of an attachment to his car. I just wanted tons of practically done action and the film delivered.
>>
>Tom Hardly ... in the movie
>>
>>67229243
Anon, I was saying it isn't a feminist flick.
>>
>>67229259
This "Furiosa is the main character" meme is retarded. Max had just as much screentime as her.
>>
>>67229271

Well shit... I look like an absolute tit now.

My apologies for jumping to conclusions. God bless.
>>
>>67229248
>I've never had too much of an attachment to his car.
>I love Fast and the Furious movies because of the plot
>>
>>67228930

>not strong and intelligent.

Not to sound like a SJW, but Furiosa was the one who got the brides out in the first place, and she was the one who was leading them to freedom.

Not to mention she held her own in her scrap with Max, though admitadly she lost.

Furiosa was based desu, as was Max. They were equally bad ass. A ying and yang, so to speak.
>>
>>67229339
I don't get your point. There was tons and tons of car action in Fury Road, most of it just wasn't done with Max's car. This isn't the first time Max's car has been sidelined, in the big climatic car chase at the end of The Road Warrior Max drives an oil tanker instead of his car.
>>
>>67229371

yea, furiosa was perfect. she was tough, but in a realistic way. Her character wasn't over the top in the way most movies make women (presumably to appease feminists).
>>
>it's a Max beats up a downie episode
>>
>it's a Max punches a teenage girl episode
>>
>>67229505>>67229483

>its a worst of the series episode
>>
>>67229603
The first half is amazing, everything goes downhill after the kids are introduced but the final action sequence is fun. 7.5/10, definitely the worst of the series but it doesn't deserve the scorn it receives.
>>
>>67229658
The Thunderdome fight and final chase are pretty good, but not particularly memorable. The kids aren't that bad, the real problem is there's nothing interesting driving the plot forward or reason to care about anything that's happening, even during the Barter Town first half.
>>
>>67228671
>I've never watched any of the Mad Max movies: the post.
>>
>>67229799
yeah this
When I first watched it I expected not to be able to stand the kids but they weren't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.