[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First, why do we always talk about Drive, but not Only God Forgives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: only-god-forgives.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
only-god-forgives.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
First, why do we always talk about Drive, but not Only God Forgives?

Second, who would win in a fight, Julian from Only God Forgives or The Driver from Drive?

Third, which is the better movie, Valhalla Rising, Drive, or Only God Forgives?
>>
>>67191228
>First, why do we always talk about Drive, but not Only God Forgives?
OGF gets a lot of discussion. Most people don't like it because it's not Drive 2 and Goose isnt a real human bean and a real hero. And have never seen Refn before Drive.

>Second, who would win in a fight, Julian from Only God Forgives or The Driver from Drive?
The Driver

>Third, which is the better movie, Valhalla Rising, Drive, or Only God Forgives?
Drive is the better movie. OGF is the better film.
>>
Because drive is better. OGF is ambitious but ends up being shallow while drive knows its shallow but doesn't try to be more than that with the occasional subtleness here and there.
>>
OGF had some incredible cinematography, as did Drive. I think OGF was a little too abstract for my taste, although it looked beautiful.

I cant really rank the two. If I had to give them a score, I would give each a Refn/10.
>>
File: Autism trilogy.jpg (244 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Autism trilogy.jpg
244 KB, 1000x500
Who would win in a fight: the Driver, the Rider or the Fighter?
>>
>>67191576
the rider t bh f am
>>
>>67191606
lol what? he couldn't even fight a bullet
>>
>>67191228
I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>67191576
>tfw playing a parody of yourself
>>
OGF was nonsensical and no one this board who fellates this abortion has managed to explain to me what's it about or what it's themes are.

my feelings were confirmed by what Refn said about it in the documentary
>>
>>67191751
>OGF was nonsensical

It was a simple, simple story and excelled as such. It was a quick, brutal story told beautifully.
>>
>>67191751
It's not even difficult in its metaphor or symbolism. Its definitely one of the more obvious art house films in terms of its metaphor. I mean, you could literally understand all of it with a quick Google search and a ten minute YouTube video.
>>
>>67191751
It was literally about a man who was influenced by the Devil, and challenged God to a fight. He got his ass kicked, and God later forgives him for the sins be committed.

God also kills the Devil.
>>
Because drive made it possible for plebs like you to post here
>>
Tbqh I love Valhalla Rising and think it's his best film.
>>
>>67191228
Drive>Valhalla Rising>Fear X>OGF>Bronson
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.