[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brick was really ahead of its time. By 7 years.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: s.png (2 MB, 1871x913) Image search: [Google]
s.png
2 MB, 1871x913
Was this the very first banepost, /tv/?
>>
>>67173827
Brick was shit
>>
>>67173837
This. Insufferable characters and dialogue. The plot would literally only appeal to a high school kid.
>OMG OUR PROBLEMS ARE SO LIKE SERIOUS AND STUFF
Plus many shots outright plagiarized from Korean movies (not saying the Korean movies are good, just saying Brick is shit). Every performance sucked. The one adult is the cool black person from Shaft. Terrible WEIRD LONER KID BEATS UP THE JOCK scene. The ending was a complete mess from a writing standpoint. I could go on. Rian Johnson should be banned from making his shitty movies.
>>
>>67173837
Brick was a film i always think of being "Better Luck Next Time" film for a director.
Nora Zehetner was a semen demon though.
>>
>>67173874
>Plus many shots outright plagiarized from Korean movies
What? I hated Brick because the noire monologuing was cringeworthy in that setting, but I don't remember that.
>>
>>67173827
I liked this movie in high school

Now I realize how terrible it is to mix Dashiell Hammett's world weariness with fucking teens

It's still not that bad of a movie, just not as good as I remember
>>
>>67173913
Literally every shot involving that tunnel was lifted from many Korean thrillers like Memories of Murder.
>>
>>67173913
As a rule of thumb whenever someone says an american movie stole from some asian film without actually naming one

it didn't really happen
>>
>>67173827
I enjoyed it because I enjoy Film Noir, and I was a big fan of Fillmore.

I remember its gimmick wearing off after an hour though, and the rest of the film was a slug because it couldn't decide if it wanted to be serious or tongue-in-cheek, which left it ultimately feeling unfocussed and unsatisyfing.
>>
>>67173933
>>67173934
Rekt
>>
>>67173933
OHHH nvm that one checks out. Yeah the dead body scene totally came from it.
>>
rian johnson is the definition of a sophomoric try hard and i'm terrified at him getting his clumsy paws all over star wars. he's an exaggeration of all JJ's worst qualities. i didn't even think people who liked rian johnson could stand brick.

brick is a wanky teenage livejournal filled with sanctimonious bellends and the napkin looper was plotted on should've been left in starbucks.

he's a an awful choice for the new star wars film, but at least his shit ideas will likely have a bit of identity to them.
>>
>>67174080
>Brick
>The Brothers Bloom
>Looper
kek. Glad I'm not a manchild who cares about Star Wars.
>>
>>67174474
All of those movies are really awful, and Star Wars will probably be even worse. Not to mention he directed the lamest episodes of Breaking Bad (I could understand Fly and Ozymandias apologists, but there is literally no defending Fifty-One.)
>>
>>67174474
>I'm not a manchild who cares about Star Wars.
that's not an opinion to uphold coming from a guy who defends Johnson.
>>
>>67173874
>would only appeal to a high school kid
Didn't it take place in a high school?
>>
>>67174552
Glad I'm not a manchild who cares about Star Wars (because I just looked him up and all those movies are shit).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.