[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of Making a Murderer? There's just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1453915977-making-a-murderer.jpg (53 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
1453915977-making-a-murderer.jpg
53 KB, 800x400
What did you guys think of Making a Murderer?

There's just something about institutional injustice that gets my blood boiling so bad.

His nephew is such a fucking retarded piece of shit though. Everytime he said "I don't know" made me clench my teeth in frustration.
>>
>>67064290
>His nephew is such a fucking retarded piece of shit

Chill. He was literally so dumb he had no idea what was going on. He was tricked into admitting something he didn't do and then no one listen when he tried telling the truth

The whole case seemed to bizarre to be true, and honestly I just thought it was sad.

The poor and the stupid have no chance of fighting the far reaching powers of the law, who can find you guilty regardless of the truth (but really, who knows if he actually did it)
>>
He didn't do it
>>
>>67064290
>His nephew is such a fucking retarded

FTFY. He was literally mentally handicapped. He didn't even know what he was doing, he just wanted to watch fucking wrestling. The biggest scumbag is his original lawyer. That four eyed jew fuck with the shit eating grin
>>
>>67064436
the problem wasn't that he was stupid, it's that he was meek and stupid.

The scene with him giving his written statement was painful to watch. I can't believe those forms are legal "I'm sorry [] I'm not sorry [] for what I did"

To me that's a fucking loaded question. It's like "Do you feel bad about beating your wife?"

To give him credit, he did okay on the stand, but even then the prosecutor was using the same sort of tactics. It just pissed me off how he continually said "I don't know" when it's the WORST possible thing you can say.

But yeah, public defenders are garbage. The fucking legal system is not fair.
>>
the most damning thing for me was the cop that calls up dispatch to run teresa's plate 3 days before the car is officially found, and verbally confirms that it's a 99 toyota

I mean nothing about the case added up, but that was particularly suspicious
>>
File: 1435812582919.jpg (337 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1435812582919.jpg
337 KB, 1600x1200
>I saw a documentary so that makes me a legal expert
>>
It shows the issues with the system but honestly 99% he did it. He should not have been convicted due to the evidence not being strong enough but i do strongly believe he is guilty.
>>
>Life in prison without possibility of Wrestlemania
>>
>>67065456
Who's saying that?
>>
>>67065473
Why do you believe he's guilty?
>>
>>67065473

A number of reasons not brought up in the documentary as well.

He called her multiple times trying to cover up it was him calling to get her out there 3 times on the day she went missing before she went missing. He does has a history of violence in the past besides his first unjust conviction.

The murder happened on his property after he lured HER SPECIFICALLY out there.

Body founder on his property,

The bullet 100% came from his gun.

Purchased leg irons and handcuffs 3 weeks before she came to his property. Even if he is into BDSM for instance (which we don't know) that is a mighty big coincidence.

A few other things but i think very very likely he did it.

Would i vote guilty on a jury though? I don't think i would. police fucked up too much and you need to be very sure about that particularly in a murder case.
>>
>>67065456
Actual lawyer here, in judicial lingo he got royally fucked, as do 100% of the people that end of with a public defender.
They either
A. Make you agree to a plea deal where both the DA and the PD get a win and pad their stats where you agree to take a slightly lesser charge but are still fucked for life, like getting a chance at parole for your life sentence instead of no parole (pro tip, you -never- get paroled.
B. You pissed off your public defender and actually forced him to do a trial, holy shit you are fucked now as he will give you the weakest defense ever and try to get you bent over the fucking table because you at fucking with his stats.
But whatever, he enjoys watching you get fucked while he continues to be paid and will pad his stats off a billion other rejects too poor to afford an actual lawyer and agree to plea deals.

If you cant afford a lawyer you are going to be fucked for being poor in the American judicial system. Justice is something you pay for.
>>
>>67065703

This was meant for you

>>67065530
>>
>>67065712

So if i am poor should i represent myself and be given that extra latitude such a person gets or go with the public defender no matter what?
>>
>>67065703
main thing for me was it would be pretty impossible for someone to start the fire on his property and keep it long enough to burn her up without anyone, especially steven himself, noticing.
>>
>>67064290
I know virtually nothing about this case except for what this series presented to me. The current scenario as it plays out is outrageous, especially in regards to the nephew. Stevens case had reasonable doubt and Brandens case was a complete joke. So either we have a complete failure in the judicial system to operate how it's supposed to OR the entire scenario as it plays out in this series is complete bullshit. Now while i'm more inclined initially to believe the former because the documentary is well done The latter is much more likely. That said the narrative surrounding Brandens dilemma is so powerful that short of flat out fabricating things I have a hard time imagining that Branden had anything to do with a murder while Steven doing it is a bit more believable.
>>
>>67065799

You know... i never even thought of that. If it happened during the day was it out of his view if he happened to stay inside and watch TV all day?
>>
>>67065799
Wasn't part of the defenses argument that the body was burnt somewhere else and then moved to where the Avery's often burn things?
>>
>>67065781
There's almost no case in which defending yourself is going to be beneficial.

It's probably better to get a new PD appointed if your current one doesn't have your interests at heart.

It would be better to have a cheap lawyer than a PD though.
>>
>>67065781
Representing yourself is literal suicide. Bus because you watched law and order a few times dont mean squat. The jury isn't going to listen to a fucking thing you say and the district attorney is going to laugh his ass off while he paints you a criminal.

You either have the money to afford a lawyer or you take the plea deal your defender gives you and hope to fucking god it doesn't take him a year to get around to talking to the da while you sit in prison because your family cant post bail. You can expedite the process and jus plead guilty, which is sometimes the better option, you can spend longer in jail waiting for your fucking trial to come up than they may actually give you.

Long and short of it, never be poor and end up in the claws of the American justice system, its a business, its literally designed to make as much money as fuckng possible off you through court, lawyer etc fees and they are more than happy to make money off you while you are in prison.
>>
>>67065902
Yeah, and burnt fragments of pelvis were found at a quarry several miles away from the avery salvage yard.
>>
>>67065902

Yeah that is what the defense says but that doesn't really hold up. Obviously if the body is burned on his property it is damning so they will try to say it was not.

I think it was. I mean that would take a lot of time. Burn a body... Wait till the fire goes down... collect as much as you can... take it to his property and start another big fire and throw it in?

It adds another stop that makes it harder. Also where is the fire they think it was burned at besides his? Does it have any evidence?

Was it out in the middle of nowhere?

Also why burn it on his property? You would need to know she was expected there that day. How many people knew?
>>
>>67065992

I hate to use reddit but i found this and it just works.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurderer/comments/3ynu20/the_bones_at_the_quarry/

Very inconclusive
>>
>>67066182
Yeah, after reading that I have to agree that I'd need more information on the bones found at the quarry.

They bring up some other good points. We saw how badly burned the bones were, and they mention the temperature would have to get to 1500-2000f to burn it. So why were the bones so badly burned?

They say that it would take the body being dismembered and pulversized but there was no blood found in the garage, no blood in the trailer. The amount of blood in the SUV was minimal.

There's just way too many inconsistencies with the case as they present it for me to see how a guilty verdict could be handed down.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.