[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ratings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rotten_tomatoes_8290.jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rotten_tomatoes_8290.jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Let's rank the best metric for judging a movie to be seen.

Rotten Tomatoes>Metacritic>Netflix Ratings>IMDB

Also discussion on reviewers

RLM>Moviebob>The Nerdist>Cinefix>NostalgiaCritic

Roger Ebert was the GOAT
>>
>>66956316
watch the movie and wait for 24 hours to form an opinion.
>>
>Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic
>subscribed to Netflix
>Visiting IMDb ever
>RLM, Moviebob, The Nerdist, Cinefix, NostalgiaCritic

>Roger Ebert
>good

Get the FUCK out you capeshit-watching mouth-breathing reddit-browsing PLEBEIAN
>>
No youtube critics are good...let's get that out of the way. If they had talent or truly knew what they were talking about they'd be making their own movies, interviewing real guests, working for established employers, etc. I will say that RLM HitB is decent background noise as it's not annoying.

I don't go by any critic aggregate. I have a couple critics I trust and will only listen or read their takes after I've seen the movie or show myself.

The RT average score is typically a rating I can understand through logic but one I don't necessarily agree with.
>>
>>66956316
>Rotten Tomatoes = Quasi individuals and hipster trash that thinks it has a right to give an opinion
>Metacritic = Advertising for sale the site
>Netflix = LOL GUISE THIS IS GREAT :D:D:D:: I LOVE IT SO CUOOOL
>IMDB = ughh yeah it didnt had explosions no famous actors and they had accents. 3/10

>RLM = Hey guys we will at least try to say what we think at this point and not piss off the fanbase because we really need the income (see the Max Cumdis video where Mike was literally holding back)

>Moviebob = Autist that thinks big words make his opinion matter
>Nerdist = I dont know who this guy is
>Cinefix = same as above
>NostalgiaCritic = so yas guyse look at me a real chum hahahah right right *nervously starts sweating* ye *face turns red* - he is pathetic.
>>
>>66957396
>>66956607

Ok guys, I hate everything, lets be clear. It is more like, least shit to shittiest shit.

And RLM is funny, even if inaccurate.

>>66956530

Yes, unfortunately that is not a good way to figure out if I should go see a movie.
>>
I usually just use Letterboxd.
>>
>>66958329
>hello guys im from reddit
>>
Letterboxd > Rotten Tomatoes > IMDb
>>
>even MENTIONING Netflix ratings

Just stop already. RT is all you need, /tv/ will argue because they love to be contrarians but RT is right 95% of the time.
>>
>Not deciding on movie based on what Anita Sarkeesian and Big Red thinks of it.

sexist pleb
>>
There's really no ratings system that will work for most people, even the best one will be wrong for what you like a percentage of the time. Sometimes you like shit movies, sometimes you hate good ones. I just decided ratings and critics are useless usually.
>>
The best metric is fucking Google, which shows the IMDB, Metacritic and RT rating all at once
>>
>>66958768
>i also marathon 4 movies at the same time at X2 speed
>>
>>66956316
Film analysis and interpretation > review sites

Using your brain > listening to people who don't use theirs
>>
>>66956316
Honestly, IMDb rating is the best one usually. Some recent movies like Deadpool are often rated way too high, but generally the user ratings are the most accurate.

NEVER trust the critics (RT etc.)
>>
>>66958861
yeah, I agree. RT ratings in gerneral, are in no way better than IMDB. Specific reviews can be good, but the rating is trash
>>
Watching whatever you're interested in and forming your own opinion > *
>>
try to form your own opinion based off the trailer.

if at any point the trailer starts quoting critics, then it's probably shit

if it's being over hyped by the internet / your friends, it's probably shit.

if its a sequel, remake, or reboot, it's probably shit.

if michael bay directed it, then it's probably shit

if it's being over advertised for money(latest star wars, there was like 4 different car commercials playing non stop leading up the release, all with the music just to brainwash retards into having that commercial play subconsciously when they went to see their shitty movie)... then it's probably shit.

i'm sure you can remember times where some shitty movie that everyone thought was gonna be good finally came out, followed by endless threads here talking about how shit it was and how everyone wasted their money seeing it.

don't buy into hype trains, don't listen to critics, use your head and form your own opinions.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.