[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LMAO. What is this crab walk Mike Tyson is doing against IP MAn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ipman.png (778 KB, 1027x509) Image search: [Google]
ipman.png
778 KB, 1027x509
LMAO. What is this crab walk Mike Tyson is doing against IP MAn?
>>
>>66909338
Probably bobbing and weaving like a boxer? I have no idea, I haven't seen the movie, is it any good?
>>
>>66910362
hes like 5ft away

is ip man throwing some kind of air punches or smth?
>>
this movie was dank as fuck

i am glad that tyson was only a very small, yet entertaining, side piece because the new wing chun hardliner guy was a much better opponent figure

the only thing the movie lacked was more showcasing over the other meme master techniques and styles - we got a little boxing, thai boxing, two versions of wing chun (which looked the same to me), and then not much else

they included other masters, some of which had appeared before, but they skipped over showing any real fighting content from them

pleasantly surprised with how decent the movie turned out
>>
>>66910587

>i am glad that tyson was only a very small, yet entertaining, side piece

Oh good. I guess I'll watch it after all.
>>
>>66910428

Tyson always fought guys who were much taller and had longer reach than him in his weight class. He was always a heavy but relatively short guy. His entire fighting style revolved around shuffling left and right while moving forward as fast as possible to get in and stay in. It's supposed to allow him to be unpredictable as well as gain the initiative to dodge punches coming his way. or maybe the choreographer sucks who knows, they don't know boxing worth shit in asia
>>
>>66910428

that is the very beginning of the fight, tyson is charging at him and moving how he is trained to move

bobbing and weaving may make you look like a prick but you will be the last prick standing if you do it how you are supposed to

>>66910617

they literally added him for promotional purposes and the way he was utilized is indicative of that

hes not even the twirly mustache guy that only springs to action in the end - hes just a hidden meme factor that only appears in a couple of early scenes and then for his fight, and that fight is not the climax of the story
>>
>>66910872

So who wins?
>>
>>66910976
It's a draw, but Ip Man walks away with more bruises.
>>
>>66909338
I thought chinks didn't like niggers?
>>
>>66909338
yeah because one of the best boxers in the world wouldn't know how to fight

>>66911713
there are exceptions - I think everyone except SJWs like Tyson
>>
>>66910587
whered you find it? is there a torrent somewhere?
>>
streamed it
>>
File: mike vs donnie.webm (3 MB, 680x264) Image search: [Google]
mike vs donnie.webm
3 MB, 680x264
Only good fight in the movie
>>
>>66913195

Complete bullshit. The first time Mike caught him with that right he would be out. Mike's punching power is the stuff of legends.
>>
>>66913195
looks like a easy fight compared to the boxer in ip man 2
>>
>>66913195
man Donnie yen has gone to shit. he can't move at all anymore.
>>
>mike tyson in ip man
how the fuck did they fit this in?
ip man come to america or some shit?
>>
>>66913195

Good God, Tyson is terrible at pulling his punches. I watched that webm once and I could clearly see at least 3 times when Tyson stopped several inches short of making contact with Yen.

And I like how Yen is intentionally slowing himself down so Tyson's geriatric ass can keep up.
>>
File: 1456792814522.webm (288 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456792814522.webm
288 KB, 400x400
>>66913942
>The first time Mike caught him with that right he would be out
This.
>>
>>66913942
it really is
it's a shame how shit went down for him, if his coach didn't die he'd probably be as well respected as the others but instead he spiraled out of control and is viewed as a monster and a joke (despite his, overall, sad, sad life)
>>
>>66913942
Mike was a combination puncher. His one punch knockouts are overshadowed by harder hitting men like Foreman and Shavers.
>>
>>66914308
im sure its to do with having tyson as a fighting partner, cant be moving like lightning against him gotta make it look like an equal match
>>
>>66914494

True, his speed was the truly frightening thing. The fact that a man of that size and strength could move so fast.
>>
>>66914385
I highly highly doubt the ip actor dude would agree to Mike fucking tyson throw actual punches at him for the sake of ip man 6: electric boogapoo in loo
>>
>>66914529
Being 5'10" and a blown up cruiser he carried elite cruiserweight speed into the heavyweights and Cus was able to adapt it to counter the back foot jabbers they dominated that era.

Unfortunately he would never be able to beat a natural heavyweight that couldn't be backed up unless they had a glass chin.
>>
>>66909338
this movie was more blatant and awful propaganda than black hawk down
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.