[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>blablablablablabla >blablabla? >blablabla... >blablablabla?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4
File: The_Wire_Cover.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_Cover.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>blablablablablabla
>blablabla?
>blablabla...
>blablablabla?
ALL THEY EVER FUCKING DO IS TALK... holy shit...
>>
>No memorable set pieces
>No great soundtrack
>No noteworthy cinematography
>acting ranges from non-remarkable to actually terrible, often using literal non-professionals
>Most hamfisted metaphors ever seen on television (hello chess scene)

So how is this the best TV show again? Oh right, that's it, because I'm a reddit using liberal who adores big black cock and I won't stop worshipping it until the entire white race is exinct.
>>
>No memorable set pieces
>No great soundtrack
>No noteworthy cinematography
>acting ranges from non-remarkable to actually terrible, often using literal non-professionals
>Most hamfisted metaphors ever seen on television (hello chess scene)

So how is this the best TV show again? Oh right, that's it, because I'm a reddit using liberal who adores big black cock and I won't stop worshipping it until the entire white race is exinct.
>>
White guilty the show
>>
>>66826254
>>66826326
>>66826407
>>66826408
same kike

fuck off israeli scum
>>
>>66826326
>Tons of memorable scenes
>fuck you
>great unnoticed not-memeable cinematography
>acting just works without overacting for reddit audience
>you clearly haven't seen any popular tv show lately. That's fucking subtle compared to anything in BrB or The Walking Dead. Also, that's a fucking scene like in the third episode. And that's the worse shit you can point?

Fuck black people, I have never see one of them in real life. they have absolutely no influence in my country. I don't even know how the fuck reddit works, the UI is retarded. It's a god like written show and perfect in everything else.
>>
>>66826462
The Wire is jew made nig-humanizing propaganda, try harder.
>dey dindu nuffin, Tha white institutions be evil
>>
>>66826254
>>66826326
>>66826407
Anybody about to respond to this should know you're about to take the bait.
>>
>>66826470
Reminder that you don't need to have ever visited reddit to BE reddit.
>>
>>66826470
Name three memorable scenes
>>
>>66826494
All the important institutions of the show are managed by corrupt black men, not that you've watched more than one episode
>>
>Detectives put work in to get rid of Stringer and Bell in the first 2 seasons
>Great! Good work guys.
>Stringer and Bell get replaced by autist street MUH NAME IS MUH NAME nigguh
>All of season 1 and 2 was for nothing because Stringer and Bell were not killing anywhere near as often.
>>
>>66826554
That DON'T feature black people.
>>
>>66826494
You clearly havent seen the show as it portrays most blacks as criminals and the ones on the force as corrupt as fuck

The only "good" blacks are bunk and bunny
>>
>>66826520
that's the kind of retardation feminists show

>>66826554
you are clearly retarded
>Bunny Colvin and the university guy interview a too seasoned kid
>Bunk and Omar have a chat
>Marlo explains how things are

>>66826566
>Sobotka explains that we use to build things in this country
>Ziggy goes nuts
>Mcnulty doesn't give a shit but then he sees Rawls

I can be like that all day
>>
>>66826563
yeah, it's like they were trying to say something, like, I don't know, like war on drugs can't be stopped just putting those guys in jail. Or something like that.
>>
>>66826254
Damn now I want to watch this again.
>>
>>66826721
Nope. Reddit the website is completely irrelevent, it's the reddit sensibility (that predates reddit) that is the cultural danger and you can have the reddit sensibility without ever having visited reddit in your life. People with the reddit sensibility have been damaging society hundreds of years before the actual website ever formed.
>>
It's incredibly overrated but it's a solid show, good acting, writing, etc. But it amounts to just a pretty good show
>>
>>66826860
You sound like a more fat and neckbearded version of Anita
>>
>>66826902
What shows do you think are better? If the likes of True Detective, Fargo, Justified, Hannibal or Breaking Bad are anywhere near your list then you should literally put a bullet in your head.

If it's Mad Men, The Sopranos, Deadwood then fine, but I always assume the worst on this /v/eddit infested board. If only everybody who watched Breaking Bad got lung cancer and then got shot for real lmao.
>>
>>66826494
Why are posting if you didn't watch the show?
>>
>>66826934
>Adult video game player
So you DO have the reddit sensibility. Slide in your filth infantilized beta.
>>
>>66826975
Fargo is up there with Sopranos and MM though
>>
>>66826997
I watched 5 seasons of the show. That description is completely accurate.
>>
>>66826975
Twin Peaks is better desu
>>
>>66827037
Fargo is artistic gutter trash with (mostly) good production values. Empty show with enough money and talent thrown at it to make it watchable.
>>
>>66826975
1. The Sopranos
2. The Wire
3. Mad Men

This won't change for a while
>>
>>66827002
it was the first retarded feminist that came to my mind, but thanks for proving my point

>le gamergate
>>
>>66827037
fuck you

>>66827045
You didn't watch it. You just sit there with an empty mind waiting for the shootouts
>>
>>66827089
The majority here disagrees.
>>
>>66827045
you again? thought i told you to fuck off kike
>>
>>66827052
It's not really though. After the killer reveal that show is a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>66827037
It's not. But it's certainly better than fucking Deadwood
>>
>>66827184
Not as bad as Wire season 5
>>
>>66827264
Season 5 was great, and the funniest season
>Bunk's moaning whenever McNulty was talking about the serial killer
>>
>>66827153
The majority here are video game crossposting children of Finchertino.
A show can have great acting, music, cinematography and tension and still be ultimately bad. Doesn't matter if you get entertaining performances from Kirsten Dunst, Billy Bob Thornton or whoever, shoot it beautifully, and stitch together some exciting situations, It's quality "prestige" television for the sake of quality "prestige" televison. It is "entertainment" which is the worst thing you can be.

Can't wait to see which other elements they'll awkwardly misuse from Coen brothers movies next time.
>>
>>66827264
Season 5 of The Wire is a disappointment compared to what came before but ultimately still better than the most television. The worst of Twin Peaks 2 is genuinely bad, some of the worst television I have ever seen.
>>
>>66826682
What about freamon?
>>
>>66827502
>participant in serial killer hoax
Literal criminal.
>>
>>66827428
What makes Twin Peaks more artistic is that it feels more like an experience and not just narrative like The Wire. You could read the script for The Wire and you'd get most of the show right there. The auteur cinematic qualities imbued in Twin Peaks just makes it superior. The Wire says more while Twin Peaks does more.
>>
>>66827678
I actually agree with that notion. Twin Peaks at its best is a far more interesting and original show than The Wire, a more singular work of art but it's compromized to such degree that I'd feel disengenious putting it above The Wire if I was ranking the best television shows. The Wire doesn't have the medium transcending highs in it's form like Twin Peaks does, but it did deliver 4 seasons of excellent television. Personally I feel a stronger attachment to Twin Peaks for the parts of the show that worked so well, but it burned itself out completely and then shambled on as an embarrassment. The Wire when taken as a whole is a lot more consistent in being quality television and easy to recommend.
>>
>>66826254
hello ADD :D
>>
>>66827387
Fargo isn't a great show. It's a good show, super fun and when I want a plot with people with guns it's pretty much your best option. But it definitely shows the upper limit of prestige television and the writer-based model where 10 episodes of twists and turns and 'plot shit' is fun but can often leave you thinking it was well done, but I don't really have the desire to rewatch Fargo ever. I don't feel stimulated intellectually or emotionally, just a visceral enjoyment.
FWIW, S2 was a big step up in the 'less overt coens ripoff (less 'quirky' dialogue that apes coen brothers ideas, but misses it in the same way people miss the mark on lynchian (for instance, Hawleys dialogue doesn't particularly focus on the poetic meter of the dialogue. Plus, he has motherfuckers talk a lot and most of the directors don't know how to make that visually interesting like the coens)).
>>
>>66827956
This
>>
>>66828002
hey...
>>
>>66828047
Where do you rank Oz?
>>
>>66828047

>Fargo isn't a great show.

So we go from 'artist gutter trash' to 'well it's not shit but it's not amazing either'

Do you triggers just get niggered by any show having widespread praise
>>
>>66827090

>>66826975
>>66827090

I personally rank Mad Men above The Wire, but these are surely the three GOAT modern dramas with a sizable gap between #3 and whatever 4th place is. It could be Deadwood, but being incomplete hurts it in my eyes, though the supposed upcoming movie might remedy that.
>>
>>66828249
A show can be artistic gutter trash and fun well made entertainment at the same time.
>>
>>66828249

Hating a show because of popularity is stupid, but there's a difference between widespread critical praise and mass appeal.

The Sopranos and Mad Men have critical praise, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead have mass appeal. I'm more inclined to take my suggestions from critics-by-profession than a Redditor who owns a shirt that says "I Am The Danger"
>>
>>66828393
I wish Fargo was in the mass appeal category because that I would be able to accept and understand. Frustratingly it actually got widespread critical praise too, the acclaim given to shows like Fargo and Breaking Bad helped me realize that mainstream critics are actually far less sophisticated about television than even I am.
>>
I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.
>>
File: shit.png (17 KB, 376x581) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
17 KB, 376x581
>>66828492

>mainstream critics are actually far less sophisticated about television than even I am

In general, yes. Which is absolutely pathetic. There are a handful critics/publications that I actually respect, but the masses are stupid.

Proof: Top graph is Game of Thrones, bottom is Mad Men.
>>
>>66826254
There should be a rule on 4chan where as soon as you make a post on /pol/ you're instantly banned from all the other boards.

I'm sick of threads about one of the greatest shows ever being derailed by neckbeards whining because "too many niggers abloobloobloo!"

Go fucking watch The Inbetweeners or whatever trashy white friendly show you enjoy and leave us to it.
>>
>>66828644
Reminder that if you dislike the elements of this board that you and fellow crossposters misidentify as "/pol/" then you have a reddit inflection and would be more at home elsewhere.
>>
>>66826975
1) The sopranos
2) The wire
3) Mad men
4) Deadwood
5) The leftovers
>>
>>66827037
True detective is better than fucking Fargo
>>
>>66828047
Watching the first few episodes, it's like someone went on here, saw all the (exaggerated) criticisms of Breaking Bad and decided to make a show about them just to troll us.

At least with Walt there were some dimensions to his character. Billy Bob Thornton is the most edgelord ebin one lining fedora tipper I have ever seen in any show or movie. At least with Skyler, she had her reasons to be bitchy towards Walt. Tim from The Office's wife is just a cunt for the sake of it.
>>
>>66828640
kek GOT's worst season was on par with mad men's best.
>>
>>66828739
Both True Detective and Fargo are well produced "entertainment" at best.

Personally I'd say that Season 1 of True Detective was better capeshit than season 1 of Fargo, and season 2 of Fargo was better capeshit than season 2 of True Detective.
>>
>>66828735
Deadwood:
>Timothy Olyphant stares at people like a psychopath and Ian McShane says cocksuck 783 times per episode. The Show.
>>
>>66828678
/pol/ is a bigger groupthink hugbox than Reddit is. All you need to do is post "Trump for President kill all Mudslimes and T*rkroaches niggers dindu nuffin Hitler was cool the Jews are responsible for every bad thing ever!" and they instantly start sucking your dick. If you display any signs of progressive thinking and racial tolerance, you're subject to all kinds of memetic namecalling.
>>
>>66828830
not enough explosions?
>>
>>66828800
>Capeshit
what?
>>
>>66828873
He means something without substance, only entertainment.
Which is completely true if you're talking about Fargo, but not about True Detective.
>>
>>66828830
sweet repeat. either pasta or you don't have another interesting thing to say about it.
>>
>>66828492
mainstream critics of tv also enjoy entertaining shows and these shows have broader appeal. In essence, there is even mainstream appeal across tv critics once you think of a large group of them as a unified front.

good tv critics (I like Alan Sepinwall personally, as well as Emily Nussbaum and Todd VanderWerff is great, though he's had to write to a dumber crowd since moving to vox) will have interesting things to say about classic tv shows and ones that are just good fun.
>>
>>66826254
>ALL THEY EVER FUCKING DO IS TALK... holy shit...
Literally 99% of your day at work is talk, paper pushing and browsing 4chan (no 4chan back in the days). OMG, realism is astounding.
>>
>>66826408
You need to be real din do nuffing nigger to think that blacks are portrayed in a good light in the show.
>>
>>66829490

Not generally, but sometimes they got too cute and portrayed the characters as much more cultured than they should be.

>"You need a Day of the Jackal-type motherfucker, basically, to do some shit like that"

Somehow I doubt a Baltimore drug dealer is spending too much time watching Fred Zinnemann films, at least enough to make an off the cuff reference like that.
>>
>>66828220
Oz is a 10/10 show
>>
>>66827543
I don't remember bubs doing anything, but I could be wrong
>>
>>66829678
Maybe they're referring to the Bruce Willis remake
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>66826975
>>
>>66830621
Drugs are illegal. Also he murdered his friend.
>>
>>66830636
Blacks wouldn't even know who Bruce Willis is.
>>
>>66826254
I tried watching this show. I was so fucking bored that I literally fell asleep half way through episode 5.
>>
>>66826326
THIIISSSS
>>
>>66828833
t. Someone who doesn't actually use /pol/
>>
>>66832767
youse a bitch
>>
>>66833447
actually that's what exactly /pol/ is.
they hate women but they hate gays too, c'mon man, if you hate women who do you gonna fuck?
they hate jews but they praise christianity; a religion from a jew prophet. c'mon.
>>
File: Bruce_Willis_Die_Hard_3.jpg (75 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Willis_Die_Hard_3.jpg
75 KB, 480x480
>>66830956

You sure?
>>
>>66833803
Movie made for white people. Only the top 5% of blacks will have even heard of die hard.
>>
>white guilt lib cuck : the show
>>
>>66833447

You're right, it's even more pathetic than that. You can tell any lie on /pol/ and it's treated as a fact as long as it parrots that sort of shit.
>>
>>66826254
what the fuck?
what else are they meant to do in TV show

play CoD instead kid and finish school
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.