[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Eyes Wide Shut? Personally I think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: illuminatikilledkubrick.jpg (92 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
illuminatikilledkubrick.jpg
92 KB, 568x320
What does /tv/ think of Eyes Wide Shut? Personally I think it's amazing. Not Stanley's greatest movie but great none the less. I highly recommend it.
>>
We can't talk about that movie here, they're watching.
>>
>>66779177
Don't listen to him, yes we can.

It's a great movie. I still don't fully understand it though. So I can't offer a good analysis. Something is rotten in denmark is all I can say as of now. There seems to be a menacing force throughout the movie as soon as the title screen opens. It is an erotically oppressive force. There's some erotic game going on and a grander narrative that we aren't seeing, that we only get to erotically touch.

It's annoying though because I still can't figure it out, it irks my autism extremely.
>>
I love the creepy cult vibe and the buildup to the orgy. It had a very exciting feel to it; but i feel like the film kinda drops after that. Nothing gets resolved and the vibe dies. But i guess thats the point? Unfulfilled sexual desires
>>
>>66779278
It was very surreal, and the conversations between Bill and his wife made it seem like some of the movie was a dream sequence.
>>
Taut adaptation of Traumnovelle.
>>
>>66779322
The entire section of Bill in the house/castle was amazing. Everything felt so perfect.
>>
>>66779364
Yeah, if I can be fancy here, the movie had a gossamery/guazy mise en scène.

The cadre of the film itself is built up on that weird titillating and filmy atmosphere that I have a hard time putting into words.

Too much innuendo and double entendre for me.
>>
>>66779119

so was nicole kidman having an affair or just thinking about having an affair?
>>
It's like Kubrick put a seductive mask on our eyes and wanted us to follow the film where the rainbow ends, but we never get there.

What he did to my brain was as if I had a cosmic-sized dick that a inter-dimensional being was jerking off but not finishing.

Fuck you Kubrick ;(
>>
>>66779475
Just thinking about, Bill was thinking about if she did have it.
>>
File: sk.jpg (19 KB, 533x266) Image search: [Google]
sk.jpg
19 KB, 533x266
>>66779523
You're welcome
>>
It was his worst work, while Full Metal Jacket was his best.
>>
>>66779609
Let's go into detail shall we? since this is a de facto film analysis thread.

Or should we spout our opinions without explanation and detract from the thread?
>>
>>66779609
The first act of Full Metal Jacket was great, the rest is average. A Clockwork Orange and 2001 are both better than Full Metal Jacket
>>
File: 1457325209376.jpg (62 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1457325209376.jpg
62 KB, 500x380
Post rare Kubricks
>>
>>66779713
How did Kubrick get to the wreckage of the World Trade Center?
>>
>>66779724
Thats the burnt ruins of the Shining set
>>
>>66779609
Other way around, if we're talking of his latter work.
>>
>>66779724
nice meme but it's the set of the shining after it burnt down.
>>
>Film X is Y
>No film X is Z!
>Film Y is better than Film X
>Completely opposite. Film X is better than film Y and film Q and R are are actually better than Y

Lol. Later.
>>
File: 1322755884329.jpg (7 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1322755884329.jpg
7 KB, 170x213
It's a fantastic Kubrick, one of his finest imo.
It's amazing that he got Cruise and Kidman still married to do this, it is fascinating to cast a real life couple to act these characters. It brings yet another layer of mystery and ambiguity.
There is some serious mastery in framing and lighting in it. It has style and substance. Something rare these days.
>>
>>66779119
it's literally my favorite movie of all times, I wished it had more illuminate scenes the entire party orgy part lasted only like 30 minutes
>>
>>66779609
all niggers must hang
>>
>>66779902
Yeah, Stanley was one of those rare people who excel above everyone else at something.
>>
Walked out of it
>>
>>66779609
>pleb.jpg
>>
File: 1273293194536.jpg (13 KB, 244x200) Image search: [Google]
1273293194536.jpg
13 KB, 244x200
That piano bit man. The way he uses it. It's like what 5 notes? I never saw a better use of 5 notes played on a single instrument in any movie. This is unforgettable stuff. Genius.
>>
It's great
>>
>>66779609
I have neither watched lolita nor paths of glory yet but so far full metal jacket was his worst
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.