[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it good? I honestly have no goddamn idea and I've seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (113 KB, 350x519) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
113 KB, 350x519
Was it good? I honestly have no goddamn idea and I've seen it three times.
>>
It's Ridley Scotts best work desu.
>>
I have no goddamn idea and I haven't seen it.
>>
>>66555578
Unfortunately no, it should have been good. Not great, but at least good. I really expected so much more from this movie. Unfortunately movie makers seem to be adopting this idea that it's OK to make an incomplete movie and hint at a sequel that will "fix" everything that went wrong.

In the case of prometheus, we're getting a trilogy. To me, that's an admission of guilt, and greed.

I'm going to watch alien covenant and try to enjoy it, but i'm not going to expect much. I've lost my faith in ridley scott.
>>
Interesting ideas hampered by shitty writing.
Lindelof is a hack and he fucked up L O S T and now he fucked up the Alien franchise.
>>
>>66555578

Fucking looked good. TE Lawrence was awesome too.

Script/screenplay was the problem.
>>
It's like it had good parts in it. But stitched together it's just... there.
>>
there is a cut with a lot of missing scenes that turns it into a good movie, but as it is no.
>>
>>66557466
I think they would have done better to leave in every deleted scene. Even then the movie still has problems, but some of the good stuff was deleted.
>>
>>66555578
to be honest it's phenomenal, but then there's the script. Redditor parrots who keep saying LOL WHY IS AN ENGINEER VAPING SENPAI!!! WHY DIDN'T THE EAGLES CARRY THEM TO MORDOR!!! LMAO and claim the movie si dogshit are unable to judge for themselves.

It's a beautifully shot movie, it's ambitious, good to great performances, great opening, amazing fx, great score, but the script is a little lackluster.

It's one of the hardest 7's I've ever seen.
>>
>>66557402
So much this

It's like they took a good story, flipped it upside down and shat all over it
>>
>>66555555
>>
>>66557537
lol repeating digits are funny
>>
>>66557523
Its a soft 4, and its lucky to get a 4 with its folding yoga zombies and penis vagina snakes.
>>
>>66557990
>folding yoga zombie
I liked that irony
>map guy
>gets zombie'd
>folds into a map
>>
File: C0P6Oy5.jpg (147 KB, 1640x2000) Image search: [Google]
C0P6Oy5.jpg
147 KB, 1640x2000
>>66558188
>map guy
>gets zombie'd
>folds into a map

Holy shit i never noticed that! you just destroyed everything that i thought i knew about this movie.
>>
Flawed Gem
>>
File: 1423462196100.jpg (26 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1423462196100.jpg
26 KB, 400x300
The story of how the film got made, how they went from a cohesive script to cutting more and more of the story out for the sake of "narrative flow" until the story was utterly incomprehensible is fascinating. I'd love to see a documentary some time on the clusterfuck that was the film's production.

It really is amazing just how close it was to being a decent modern science-fiction film like we just don't get any more.
>>
>>66555578
There is a good movie somewhere in there but it didnt come together. the way it comes right up to the edge of being great on several occasions makes it far more frustrating to watch than a typical bad or mediocre movie
>>
Could you please answer my question?

Why did the robot guy kill the main character's husband? Forgot their names
>>
>>66558188
>>66558269
elaborate
>>
Its great. Haters git fukt
>>
The movie is a mess but idk it allures me. It has its own thing idk.
>>
File: Folded fifield.png (713 KB, 710x518) Image search: [Google]
Folded fifield.png
713 KB, 710x518
>>66559739
why did David kill holloway?

david was testing the product. Since Holloway was dumb enough to take his helmet off it made the most sense

>>66559777
The cartographer got goo'd and showed up at the prometheus bay door like pic related
>>
>>66559777
You fold maps up.
>>
>>66557342
>unresolved plot = bad
No anon, you are the meme.
>>
>>66555578
It's very good sci-fi, easily on par with Alien.

People who don't like it didn't because they expected much more action from it, like Alien 2, etc. I loved the narrative driven slow burn that kept revealing new things as the story progressed.

Great art direction, production values and cinematography. It appealed to me completely.
>>
The answer is no.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but no.
>>
>>66555578

>seen it three times

anon, you gotta have to at least watched it 15 times to almost start to begin to appreciate this ahead of its time masterpiece.
>>
You're always going to have problems if you choose to make a film addressing the search for a creator/meaning, because it's practically an invitation for tweens to start tipping their fedoras all over it because they're literally desperate to talk about themselves and their atheism because they're STILL labouring under the misapprehension that anyone cares what they do or don't believe, and a film that addresses beliefs is a perfect excuse to rant about that shit. Most conversations I've had about this movie end up revolving around some boring fuck hating on the movie because he's too busy tipping his fedora. Shame because the story leaves plenty of room for interesting discussion to be had.

Anyway I thought the film was a valiant effort, especially for Lindelof. And Ridley's direction is good as ever. 8/10.
>>
I thought it was an excellent stand alone movie. The cinematography was gorgeous, the plot went to many unexpected places, and the characters were fun to watch. It's a personal favorite of mine to be honest.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.