[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Fincher General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: You'veBeenFinched.jpg (608 KB, 2967x1472) Image search: [Google]
You'veBeenFinched.jpg
608 KB, 2967x1472
Which of these post-2010 dimly lit + ambient soundtrack + stunning location films do you enjoy the most?

Which films environment would you most like to live in?

Which film had the best soundtrack?
>>
>>52760475
I dunno location wise, but leaning towards Social Network.

I also think Fight Club has a 10x better soundtrack than any of those films tbh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5xZDVI8T4
>>
>Best film
The Social Network

>Best Location
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

>Best Soundtrack
Gone Girl
>>
gong gril
>>
>film
Dragon Tattoo

>location
Social Network

>soundtrack
Social Network
>>
Is Fincher planning on doing the rest of the Millenium Trilogy? Mara was great as Lizbeth.
>>
Watched Zodiac again last night. Conquers all.
>>
>film
>>
I gotta say, Sweden has never looked better than in Dragon Tattoo.

That he somehow managed to make this place look cinematic and "comfy" and exotic sure says a lot about old David.
>>
>>52760475
Social Network for sure. Best environment and music.

Dragon Tattoo is second but it would be too cold living in that world. Even the music is cold

Gone Girl looked like a slightly green tinted version of standard suburban america. Nothing special to me
>>
>Which of these post-2010 dimly lit + ambient soundtrack + stunning location films do you enjoy the most?

"THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO".

>Which films [SIC] environment would you most like to live in?

>Which film had the best soundtrack?

>>
Dragon.
Gone Girl
>>
Zodiac is by far Fincher's best. Anyone who says different has exposed themselves as a pleb.
>>
>>52760475
>DON'T GET TO FRIENDS
CIA pls
>>
>>52764888
>implying The Social Network isn't arguably on the same level as it
>>
>>52765577
No, it isn't
>>
>>52765577
back to reddit
>>
>>52765693
Yes, it is
>>
>>52764888
trips of truth
>>
>>52765780
In what way?
>>
>>52766556
The cinematography and dialogue. The plot in Zodiac is superior though.
>>
>>52760813
fucking this
>>
>>52760944
I dont understand the zodiac love. i mean i really like it and it was the beginning of the golden age of Fincher that has yet to end, but it's not some fucking perfect masterpiece that everyone holds it up to be. It jumps around in style and tone a lot. It trys tp uphold the legitimacy of the story as if it was all 100% fact. We don't really care that much about based Jake's investigation in the second half of the movie because he is almost completely absent the first half of the film

i still really like it but I would still rate his last three above it along with seven. i think its a bit better than fight club and i really like fight club
>>
TGWTDT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gone Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Facebook
>>
>>52760895
Isn't he doing that Strangers on a Plane thing?
>>
>>52760475
>best film

Gone Girl

>most appealing environment

The Social Network

I haven't even seen TGWTDT, I just haven't gotten around to it. It's probably good though, considering how based Fincher is.
>>
>>52764888
Gone Girl>Zodiac>TGWTDT>Facebook
>>
The theater I watched TGWTDT in must have had broken heat, because I distinctly remember freezing my ass off while watching it.

That probably made it a better experience tho.
>>
>>52767530
dude, dragon tattoo is the fucking shit. watch it now
>>
>>52768313
except that the swedish version is a better portrayal of the chick
>>
If you like The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo you wouldn't recognise a good plot if it hit you in the face.

The book was shit and the film was equally shit. Only good thing was the cinematography and soundtrack, but that is par for the course with Fincher.
>>
>>52760475
The Social Network is the best, I still really like the other two.
>>
>>52768586
Aaaaand that's it. Other than that Fincher's is superior. Noomi Rapace is weirdly hot in that, even though she's jacked as fuck
>>
File: 14616[2].jpg (24 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
14616[2].jpg
24 KB, 320x320
>>52768956
>>
>>52760475
The Social Network did not have ``stunning locations'' as a core feature.
>>
>>52769368
>the internet is not a stunning place
okay pal
>>
>Best film
Gone Girl

>Best Location
Social Network

>Best Soundtrack
Gone Girl

>Bonus Round: Creepiest Bed Scene Ranked
Gone Girl (murder)> Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Rape, both ways)>The Social Network (Underage sex and drug use)
>>
>>52760475
The Social Network > Dragon Tattoo > Gone Girl
>>
>>52764888
This.

I like the rest of his films, but Zodiac Director's cut is the absolute best.
>>
I just watched The Game. Seems like they told Fincher to make Total Recall with Michael Douglas.
>>
>>52768586
Shit actress though.
>>
>>52760895
No, Dragon Tattoo wasn't a box office success.
>>
>>52774144
Wasn't it confirmed to be in pre production when the sony hacks happened?
>>
Anyone know of other dark ambient soundtracks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Dark_ambient_soundtracks
>>
>>52774752
Not a soundtrack but if you haven't listened to Ghosts I-IV then I don't know what you are waiting for.
>>
Who else does good dimly-lit ambient comfy thrillers? I know Steven Soderbergh is quite similar (especially Contagion / Side Effects) but I need more.
>>
Dragon Tattoo

Reznor/Ross forevah
>>
>enjoyed the most
GG > TSN > TGWTDT (objective rankings are TSN > GG >> TGWTDT)
>environment would most like to live in
GG > TGWTDT > TSN
>best soundtrack
GG > TSN > TGWTDT
>>
>>52769368
>implying the Harvard campus wasn't beautiful
>>
File: Ghosts_i-iv.jpg (65 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts_i-iv.jpg
65 KB, 300x300
>>52774765
Thanks, it's just the same as the soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyKNUj-AjgA
>>
>>52775234
Yes, Ross worked on it too. And track 14 was reworked as track 14 for TSN.
>>
>tfw Tangerine Dream would have done the soundtrack to TSN
I don't know how to feel.
>>
>>52775823
Track 35 was also reworked for TSN, it is called "A Familiar Taste"
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.