[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, now the 3rd one is out, I feel it's time to announce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 17
File: bilbaked.jpg (122 KB, 794x542) Image search: [Google]
bilbaked.jpg
122 KB, 794x542
So, now the 3rd one is out, I feel it's time to announce my plans

Due to the amount of people saying it will happen, I have begun 2 Hobbit Fan-Edits; One as a single film that is closest to book canon as I can make, as well as 2 separate films that carry some of the aspects of the trilogy I enjoyed while removing most of the extra fluff that was obviously squeezed or pressured in there. I have begun work on the single cut edition and to put it in perspective:

>Original equivalent to book chapter 1 is about 45 Minutes and 10 Seconds in
>Single cut is about 28 Minutes and 30 Seconds
>BRAVO HACKSON

Unfortunately this results in stuff that may be reserved for the double cut (Frodo & Bilbo Dialogue, Prologue showing destruction of Dale), which adds a bit of vagueness/mystery to the story setup, but I will see how it plays out, it is all subject to change. It will also mean I will have to cut down on things like the Sauron Council plot in this cut.

Some early ideas of stuff to be removed or slimmed from the double cut is:
>MATRIX NEO LEGOLAS
>terrible love subplot
>gopro barrel escape
>etc

>inb4 fix the CGI, I know how to use Maya and stuff, but this CG is beyond redeemable

Anyways, if you have questions, or want to remind me of terrible other stuff that may need to be removed, please don't hesitate to comment

In the meantime, ill bump with some Hobbit webms
>>
File: bravo1.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
bravo1.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>
File: bravo2.webm (2 MB, 640x267) Image search: [Google]
bravo2.webm
2 MB, 640x267
>>
>>51836629
bravo nolan
>>
Been waiting for this for years. Godspeed friend.
>>
Can't wait, sounds pretty sweet
>>
File: bravo3.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
bravo3.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>
>>51836629
>"Wait, why can't they just ride real horses?"
>"Because the dock they're riding on is too long to effectively do with practical effects."
>"Why does the dock have to be so absurdly long?"
>"No reason."
>>
I wonder if Jackson will be allowed to make his own 3-4 hour cut of the Hobbit

Would be extra nice if it was called There & back again
>>
>>51837026
Hopefully not,
Ive been calling the single cut There and Back Again, and the double cut is a Hobbits Tale Chapters 1 and 2
>>
>>51837026
>>51837190

How about The Quest of Erebor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Erebor
>>
That sounds perfect.
>>
How are you going to remove the terrible love subplot without fucking with how Kili gets healed? Is it possible to edit that scene in such a way that Kate heals him without referring to their "love"?
>>
>>51836253
You're doing gods work son. Looking forward to a hobbit film that won't be a piece of shit.
>>
>>51837282
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quest_of_Erebor
That actually makes a lot more sense, I may do that for the double cut as it includes the council and other plots. The single cut is not only supposed to follow the book but really focus on bilbos character as well. Always good to get legitimate feedback on a board. Should I tell /lit/, i've never really lurked there and I would assume either they hate Tolkiens writing or hate the hobbit films.
>>
>>51837394
Lit like Tolkien but hate the hobbit films just like everyone else. I am sure they will appreciate the post.
>>
I'm pretty sure the whole film doesn't need anything Bolg related at all. His only scenes are with the ones who will be cut anyway.

Assuming Azog remains in his current role, as that was Bolg's job in the book.
>>
>>51836930
I'm expecting him to be giving the finger.
>>
>>51837368
Im not sure yet, a big thing people may notice in the single cut is the lack of the prologue, which is just an example of how vague this cut may be. So it may just appear as a minor hint of infatuation with little dialogue (not that there was much to begin with), another thing is like the corruption of the Arkenstone, without the prologue truly explained, it will seem like a strange character arc that all the sudden Thorin is an ass. Ill attempt to work it in somewhere, in the book they describe it at Bilbos house, which the way its filmed would integrate terribly.
>>
>>51837497

Doesn't Dwalin adequately explain Thorin's corruption to Bilbo?
>>
>>51836481
>>51836629
>>51836930

This had to be due to the 48 fps. You effectively have to render 2x the workload so corners have to be cut to make render times viable, not to mention increased composting and general edit work. I refuse to believe they WANTED it to look like that.

Still, if anything they should have done more practical/natural effects and miniature work in order to combat this.
>>
It'll still have CGI Dain so why even bother?
>>
>>51837394

So The Hobbit: There and Back Again for the single cut, and The Quest of Erebor parts 1 and 2 for the double cut?
>>
>>51837497
Hmmm. I haven't seen the first one since it was released; is it ever mentioned by Gandalf or anyone else?

In the third they make reference to dragon madness, which might be enough alone.
>>
>>51837560
That sounds nice.
>>
Literally God's work
>>
File: bravoweta.png (57 KB, 1184x637) Image search: [Google]
bravoweta.png
57 KB, 1184x637
>>51837455
That was the plan, the guy and his tower were only in like 2 whole shots

>>51837526
its been a day or so since i edited, but at least at the beggining they only briefly explain Smaug has taken the mountain. I'm still on the first film so maybe he does and I don't remember

>>51837538
I watched the first 2 in 48fps, and I remember it being clunky, this is just laziness
>pic is what I made in about 5 minutes
>>
>>51837526

*Balin, not Dwalin.

That reminds me, I wish there was a way to edit it so that it was Balin who had that heart-to-heart talk with Thorin in the third movie, not Dwalin. It makes NO SENSE that they'd give that scene to a dwarf who barely had any lines before instead of the one who was established as one of Thorin's closest friends. Did they fuck up with the script and accidentally switched the names around?
>>
>>51837551
This alone gave me great doubt about going through with it, if anything, I can AT LEAST get rid of "OH COME ON"

>>51837560
sounds great
>>
But Legolas' ridiculous shit was the only thing in the trilogy I actually thought was fun
>>
>>51837664
Pissed me off something awful. Maybe they'll be an extended scene where it's too much for Balin to comfront his pal, so his brother helps him out.
>>
Truly our best tripfag.
>>
>>51837702

Maybe Capn can make a third cut consisting entirely of Legolas action.
>>
Don't cut out Legolas shit. That's his character
>>
>>51837781
I'd buy that for a dollar
>>
>>51837807
Reminder that Legolas isn't in The Hobbit.
>>
it's too bad it's impossible to edit legolas out entirely and call it the "legolasless" cut
>>
Good luck OP I'm already on it.

Got the first two movies down to 2 hours 42 minutes so far.
>>
>>51837781
If that was the case it'd probably include badass legolas footage from LotRs, with lots of 80's music. To make up for lacking material I'd probably do shot for shot remakes of all these scenes with me and my limited CGI experience in my backyard
>>
>>51837836
He only speaks to Bard and Thorin once, you can remove Legolas if you take out Bolg and the elf girl.
>>
>>51837862

Or buy a Legolas action figure and do shitty stop motion videos or just hang him up by some strings.
>>
>>51837847
Good to hear, you aiming for a book interpretation or including some other plots? I'm already estimating 3+ hours of film if i'm following book canon. The worst part about this goal though is the start I have briefly shows old bilbo and frodo, as he narrates some of the first lines from the book, which I felt should be included, but makes for some weird transitioning
>>
A version of Hobbit with no Legolas?

tgtbt
>>
>>51836253
Sounds cool tripfag. Let us know when you're done.
>>
>>51836253
GET HYPO'ED
>>
>>51837959
Can't you take the audio of Bilbo narrating and put it over something else, like shots of the Shire?

And on that note, I had thought the ending of the third movie would go back to him telling the story to Frodo, but it just cut to him drawing a map or some shit? That was pretty weird, though maybe I misremember how the first movie started.
>>
>>51838009

The third movie ends where Fellowship begins.

It's like poetry etc.
>>
File: babby going supersand.gif (2 MB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
babby going supersand.gif
2 MB, 247x248
Please anon, please do not disappoint me.
This has given more a new hope for this to be good.
>>
Please don't include anything of Legolas except for the part where he hangs upside down from the bird. The movie is going to seriously lack in comedy without Legolas, but I think with some good timing you could make up for it by only including him once.
>>
>>51838009
Yeah narrating is shitty & unnecessary
>>
>>51838047
Yeah but doesn't the first part start with him actually talking to Frodo? And then when he finishes telling his story Frodo is just gone and suddenly it's his birthday.
>>
>>51838009
I could, but I think id have to draw shots of the Shire from LotR, there's really only a few in AUJ. I don't mind ending with the old Bilbo either, its somewhat canon as in LotR he writes the Hobbit after he escapes to Rivendell. What you mention made me realize something wierd though, at the end of BOFA he is drawing that map what looks verbatim to the one Gandalf brings out in AUJ. Weird, may have to go back and do some looking
>>
>>51838061
Having him appear once in Quest, at Mirkwood, in nothing more than a cameo would be fine.
>>
>>51838106
I thought he was just looking at it.
>>
>>51838116
>>51838061
Maybe ill make the only shot you see him is when he does the great bridge hopping of our time
>>
Godspeed you nerd
>>
File: gopro.gif (3 MB, 750x327) Image search: [Google]
gopro.gif
3 MB, 750x327
>>51838142
You may be right, ill check it out when I get there

also despite the many critiques about singing, its got to be included, the dwarven songs are decent storytelling elements in the book
>>
>>51838144
Create a normal version and a troll edition (for 4chan)which keeps the top 3 worst moments in i.e. Wheelbarrow rider/bombur rolling/legolas bridge tamer
>>
>>51838211
I agree completely. The songs were one of my favorite parts.
>>
>>51837394
>Should I tell /lit/
If you're looking for people to help fact check, I'd suggest /tg/.

Though /tv/ has a few posters pretty well versed in the lore.
>>
>>51838211

Yeah keep the songs in, especially the Misty Mountains one.
>>
>>51836253
-Shorten the mirkwood, barrel, smaug vs. dwarves, and final battles.
-Make Kate an extremely minor character
-Remove Legolas entirely, or make him a cameo
-Keep the focus on Thorin and Bilbo
-Tone down the bloom lighting and fucked up colors
-Make Sauron's voice deeper like LOTR.
>>
>>51838316
Removing Sauron would be better
>>
>>51838372
Remove the line in DoS where Gandalf name drops him. Keep the evil being mysterious.
>>
I need a Legolas supercut where he is a part of the dwarves' fellowship from the beginning
>>
>>51838316
Yeah, funny thing is, even cutting all those actions scenes I feel the dialogue (especially in the first two movies) was plenty entertaining. I'd like to do some editing around the Smaug scene, maybe darker lighting? Lens flare? Well see...what do y'all think

I also don't think ill have to cut back the Azog plot much either, unfortunately due to the ending of AUJ he has to at least have a motive in the first film
>>
>>51838427

photoshop legolas' face on all the dwarves
>>
>>51838427

Gimli and Galadriel send him back in time to help Gloin.
>>
>>51838403
Oh wrote that down, its not just mystery sake. He is too hurt in the hobbit to understand the Sauron subplot, or else he'd understand what the hell is going in a FotR, because even when he sees the eye whilst touching the ring, he doesn't quite understand whats going on and has to go do research and shit
>>
File: 1417565877443.jpg (606 KB, 1280x1063) Image search: [Google]
1417565877443.jpg
606 KB, 1280x1063
>>51838428
>lens flare
Pls no. Also, darker lighting throughout.
>>
File: bravo4.webm (2 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
bravo4.webm
2 MB, 1280x533
>>
Aren't video games supposed to go on /v/?
>>
File: bravo5.webm (3 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
bravo5.webm
3 MB, 1280x533
>>51838671
THAT'S ONE SPICY-A MEMEBALL!
>>
>>51838609
god that is such garbage
>>
>>51838609
Yeah, this scene can go in the dumpster.
>>
No amount of autist edits will make gollum creepy like the book
>>
>6 movies
>3 completely pulled out of his ass
>0 depictions of female orcs, despite it being canon they exist
>>
File: frogjahadeen.png (21 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
frogjahadeen.png
21 KB, 200x200
>>51838805
Hate to say it man, but Serkis is probably the best Gollum we could ever have...

>unless hes played by my ex huehuehue
>tfwnogf
>>
>>51838814
Ill be sure to composite some tits on an orc just for you bby
>>
>>51838886
Naw, it's not like that. I'm just making a general gripe. Tolkien at some point noted they reproduce "in the manner of the children of Iluvatar". So it means they exist. But through all forms of media, they've never been portrayed. Even in the damn video games.
>>
>>51838950
Did Tolkien ever describe what the look like?
>>
>>51838950
You can hear them orgasming in FotR when Saruman breeds the Uruks
>>
>>51838980
They're elves corrupted by the madness of Morgoth's dark intent. I don't think he actively described a female uruk.
>>
>>51837625
... What is it?
>>
>>51839017
>>51838950
He also said they were hidden away in the mountains and barely did anything but breed
>>
>>51839139
Real time cloth simulation in Maya, which WETA uses, and it looks just about as decent as that webm. The point is the simulation took like 3 minutes and that's on my computer, these guys have massive render farms and data caching stations, they have no excuse (except for office oversight) for the cloth to look like that. These are the guys that made LotR and Tintin look great on a budget smaller than what these movies got iirc
>>
For anyone that likes Tolkien wankery, Shadow Of Mordor ends on a very interesting yet potentially canon-fucking note.
>>
>>51836253
YOU'RE DOING GOD'S WORK OP. TELL US WHEN YOU WILL RELEASE IT AND WHERE WE CAN DOWNLOAD IT WHEN FINISHED.
>>
>>51839380
Ill keep y'all posted

>>51839300
I've been interested in playing, about how long is the campaign if you just focus on the main quests?
>>
>>51839433
>I've been interested in playing, about how long is the campaign if you just focus on the main quests?
I've yet to actually play it because it seems a bit thin for my tastes. Watched bits of it streamed and spoiled the ending for myself. The main thing of the game seems to be the ability to effectively adopt a roster of orcs and put them into positions of power. Decent stealth and combat, beside that. Open world sandbox wankery. Nemesis system.
>>
OP, if there are any scenes you are unsure of keeping or removing, please put them up for vote.
>>
>>51837491
Same.
>>
how long has it been since you last read the Hobbit, OP? just curious
>>
I have one specific request.

Can you remove the goblin king part at the end of the goblin town sequence? Where he jumps on the bridge and gandalf cuts him. It's so fucking bad. The way he jumps on the bridge making a last stand, and then gets beaten in a way that belongs on a slapstick routine. It's not funny, all it does it take you out of the movie by breaking the logic of the world for a second, just for a stupid joke.
>>
>>51839944
Ill see what I can do

>>51839869
all the way through? 6th grade lol, and im not sure I actually finished it then... though I picked it up not too long ago and have been reading bit by bit since among other projects. I also remember in elementary trying to read FotR and i just couldn't do it, maybe I'll give Tolkien another try now that I'm older
>>
Is that Bilbo's annoying mouth tic in the book?
>>
>>51840078

Do you really need to have every single detail be the same?
>>
Well guys i'm out for tonight, maybe this thread will be up when I wake up. Hope y'all have some peace of mind knowing others are on this
>>
>>51836629
What videogame is this from?
>>
Maybe should name it "Tim from the Office and The Quest of Erebor"
>>
>>51837538
ffs so don't do that gay 48fps 3D shit. Nobody cares about 3D anyway, in a few years the fad will be over, and all that will remain is shitty CGI.

Good thing LOTR didn't have to suffer this treatment. Shot on glorious 35mm, lots of practical effects and with very decent CGI.
>>
>>51840287

There's a few moment in LotR with some REALLY bad CGI.
>>
>>51838092
He talks to frodo and frodo asks him if he thinks gandalf will come and frodo then leaves bilbos house with the black notebook (presumably to the tree where he first hears gandalf riding up). The third movie then ends with gandalf banging on his door, as if bilbo was rethinking his journey and the movies take place between the time frodo leaves and gandalf gets to his house.
>>
>>51840318
Certainly. And Gollum doesn't always look great either. But for the time it was very good CGI, and the really crappy bits aren't so many as to be distracting. It all comes together pretty well.
>>
>>51840371

Gollum is probably the best thing CGI has ever done. I recently rewatched them and he still looks convincing.
>>
The barrel scene is great though. It could probably be cut, but it's definitely one of the more entertaining parts.

If you're going to cut any action scene it should be the pointless action at the end of the second one.
>>
>>51840452
>definitely one of the more entertaining parts
It's not.
>>
>>51840499

Yes it is.
>>
Thank you based anon
>>
>>51840452
>You should cut something that happened on the book instead of cutting something that didn't.
Bravo
>>
>>51840532

Yes, the bad parts should be cut.
Also, the barrel scene did happen.
>>
>>51840573
It did in a sense that they escaped the elf prison using the barrels, that is all that happened in the books. Nothing more, no orcs or elves chasing them.
>>
Everyone and their mother will do the same thing, but that's good, we get more chances of getting something truly special.

Best edit will eventually win the test of time, good luck.
>>
Part 1 probably had the most pointless scenes that can be cut, but it's the movie I liked the most.

I've never read the books, but what I expected was an adventure movie about a hobbit and a bunch of dwarfs, and the first one comes to closest to that. The second one was fine too, but it had too much holding it back. 3 was just awful.
>>
>>51840745
>I've never read the books

See, that's the issue. The Hobbit was a single book. And not a very long one, at that. It is a light read.
>>
>>51840056
I'd recommend it if you are a quick reader. should help you decide how to edit your cuts.
>>
>>51840056
Listen to the audio books they are really good for LotR but hobbits easy to read.
>>
>>51836253
Good work. Was going to suggest someone do this anyways. Its interesting. The actors, designers, and production team on the Hobbit trilogy clearly is very passionate about their work, and sell the hell out of the material presented to them. Its the editors and directors that really botched this trilogy.

Some suggestions I might make:

>try to go for two movies, AUJ, and There and Back Again, but if you can't don't worry about it.
>if need be, feel free to chop up the trilogy even more, and make seven short "episodes"
>wait for BoFA extended cut. The biggest issue with the final movie is that its clear that it was awkwardly put together, mostly because of the extended scenes which were clearly missing
>try to make it look like Tauriel and Fili were just friends, but keep the romance to a minimum.
>do some serious cutting of the second movie, so that Smaug dies at the end, and the people of laketown are left on their own, THEN have bilbo say "what have we done".
>don't stress about bolg/azog. They are so detrimental to the movies that its nearly impossible to make an edit without them. I would cut the amon suil scene, and a few others, but nothing else really matters too much.
>try to move the sauron face off to the middle of the final movie. its sooooo awkward where it is now.
>rather than slicing legolas out, or his fantastical scenes, trim them. show a few of his acrobatic tricks, but avoid the most ridiculous shit he does. hell, one could kill bolg off early with some proper editing if they really wanted.
>CUT THE RING'S SIGNIFICANCE GREATLY
>keep the scene where bilbo kills the spider and realizes the ring is poisoning him, and keep the scene where smaug notes bilbo is wearing the ring (but cut out the eye flashing on screen -- that shit was ridiculous)
>remove the stone giants
>remove the ridiculous roller coaster ride in the goblin caves
>>
>>51838609
disagree. we NEED bolg. he is the one example in the series where legolas faces someone who can challenge him. without the bolg fight, even if you trim the legolas scenes, he's still made out to be batman.
>>
>Shadow of Mordor
No.
>>
>>51841574
remove all mention of sauron by name, if possible. keep him as the necromancer until the last possible moment. sauron needs to be a minor villain, and his relationship to the ring needs to be down played, so that when i watch the fellowship its not redundant
>keep radagasts scenes, but cut them down. his intro in the first film is horribly abrupt and clumsy (gandalf talks about him, then we have an unrelated scene with him healing mice. wtf)
>but keep the scene where he goes to dolguldor. that was a good scene because we see the witch king, and that radagast isn't a complete bitch
>keep the mirkwood forest scene in the second movie. great scene in my opinion.
>>
>>51841845
and keep the troll scene. as much as people hated it, its necessary and vital to the movies. just trim it down.
>>
>>51837862
just be sure to include as many frankensteiners as possible
>>
File: timefora.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
timefora.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>51841754
You weren't really fighting Sauron, Anon. And even then, there IS a reason he didn't stride out to meet Aragorn personally and do the mace shit.

I mean, shit. If you're going to bitch, this is far more worthy of it.
>>
>>51841754
>QTEs

Disgusting. Just animate it fully, don't fucking patronize me.
>>
File: obilbon kibagginso.jpg (37 KB, 582x248) Image search: [Google]
obilbon kibagginso.jpg
37 KB, 582x248
>Frodo did I ever tell you about the time Thorin almost killed me by trying to throw me off of the lonely mountain? He was a good friend.
>>
>>51842071
Pretty sure he told him everything.
>>
>>51841926

That character design is ripping on Geralt of Rivia 80%. Talk about things coming full circle.
>>
File: 1390198330107.jpg (14 KB, 349x319) Image search: [Google]
1390198330107.jpg
14 KB, 349x319
>>51841926
>a new ring
>>
>>51842174
I'm actually interested to see where that plot line goes. Could be horrifically retarded, but it also could be good.
>>
>>51842071
>tfw you honestly don't mind this stuff but the CGI absolutely kills it for you
In LOTR, the Legolas bits were usually pretty cool (recently watched Fellowship) and grounded in reality, but everything he does in Hobbit looks like a videogame, and a bad one at that. I HATED the bridge bit, it wasn't even remotely "cool".
>>
>>51836253

Lots of people are doing this. Don't be a pretentious faggot who thinks he's the shit for doing so.

> GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M DOING THIS THING
>>
>>51837826
Dude, even bookwise he definitely would be. He's the Prince of mirkwood. The only reason he's not mentioned is because Tolkien didn't invent him until the fellowship reached the mines of moria while he was writing fotr
>>
>>51837368
if you remove the barrel sequence, you can remove the whole part with him being stabbed
>>
>>51841754
>Press X
>Press X
>Press Square

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>51843803
The rest of the game is fucking great despite the shit ending sequence. Don't let a 30 second bit at the end spoil the 30 hours of fun that precedes it
>>
>>51838211
The dinner scene in AUJ? That was one of my favourite bits. Jackson's soundtrack and sound design are GOAT.
>>
>>51839300

The entire game is canon fuckery. Nothing makes any sense at all, it's straight fan fiction and should not be taken seriously
>>
>>51842216
Are you 9 and also retarded?
>>
what editing program are you using?
>>
>>51843729
Maybe because this isn't Star Wars with the same 5 people appearing everywhere?
>>
I'd say get Shadow of Mordor if you're interested in the orcs. Everything else, especially the main missions get lamer the more you progress.
>>
File: 0cUzabD.jpg (70 KB, 725x540) Image search: [Google]
0cUzabD.jpg
70 KB, 725x540
>>51838609
>>51838609
>that ogre just casually walks away
>>
>>51837538
but then Peteorge Lucackson wouldn't have gotten to play with his computers
>>
>>51838609
I liked this fight. Had Bolg not been CGI it would have been GOAT. It was actually filmed on the set with Legolas fighting a huge stuntman who was later replaced by Bolg.
>>
Definitely cut the bit where [elf leader] tells Legolas about strider
>>
Start with a prologue of Dale and Smaug's attack, but use John Houseman's narration. Make a montage that fits the real poem.
>>
ITT: literal autism

Grow up and watch movies not made for kids
>>
>>51839300
What happens, I didn't bother playing it because it looked like shit and fan-fiction but I would be interested to know that bit I suppose.
>>
File: 19871978.jpg (21 KB, 320x149) Image search: [Google]
19871978.jpg
21 KB, 320x149
>I watch fan edits
>>
>implying you can make a decent fancut without encountering millions of continuity issues

just stop trying, OP
>>
Can someone post the legolas matrix webm please?
>>
>>51847736
Star Wars: The Phantom Edit is the only somewhat tolerable version of Episode I. It turns a 1/10 film into 2/10.
>>
Wow, I had no idea the CGI in these films were that bad.

They look like cutscenes from a PS3 game or someshit.
>>
>>51836629
is this seriously what these movies look like?
gross.
>>
>>51836930
holy shit, what the fuck is that?
seriously
what
the
fuck
u
c
k
>>
never saw the hobbit movies because it was a trilogy so i might watch an edit.
then again i didnt like lord of the rings trilogy when i saw it and it looks like the graphics havent gotten any better since then.
probably would be better if i just left the hobbit in my mind as the god tier graphic novel adaption.
>>
>>51848580
>lets reuse this asset by scaling it tenfold without increasing vertices
>the goy will never see
>>
>>51836930
There is no reason that couldn't have been done practically for the physics. Get a nice big warehouse or hangar. Get some reams of fabric. Then use CGI on that. Shit. I could get a better effect with a shoebox and a roll of tissue paper.
>>
>>51848977
they were just being lazy, if you look at still image, the cloth looks rectangular. If you do cloth simulation with too sparse mesh, it will look stiff and rectangular. Kinda like dropping cloth made by sewing stiff leather squares together.
>>
>>51837368
Just have it so it is a regular arrow that apparently causes an infection. Just have the scenes where he collapses and is put into a bed to recover. Then have him walking around and recovered later on in the film. It MIGHT work. You really just have to play around with it. Otherwise, just cut the whole thing out, including most of the barrel scene and the entire healing scene.
>>
>>51836253
You might want to wait until the extended edition for five armies comes out, they're may be some book related scenes that were cut out in the theatrical.
>>
Are you drawing things from the extended editions or just the theatrical versions?

If so, is there anything from the extended editions that are even worth having in there?

I don't remember what changes were in AUJ, and I haven't seen the DOS EE yet.

Is there more Beorn?
>>
>>51849646
>Is there more Beorn?

There's about twice the amount of Beorn in the EE than in the TE
>>
>>51837811
Eric pls..
>>
If you don't mind my suggestion man, I think what you should do at the outset is decide upon a solid tone. Are you making it more child friendly, or going for the same dark-with-hints-of-hope tone as LOTR?
Becuase the entire problem with the hobbit at it's core is that it has an identity crisis.

We want the dwarves to be wacky and funny
>plate juggling, "can we have chips" bullshit, barrel scenes etc

Cool. But you can't then go and have it also be dark as fuck and try to have serious drama. Pick a tone, stick to it.
>>
>>51836253
This thread is a weird coincidence, because when I woke up today I had the idea to try and do this. I decided not to since 1. I don't think I have enough space on my computer right now and 2. The third film isn't out yet on Bluray/DVD. Also I only own the second film on Bluray and the first one on DVD, so the quality difference could stand out.
>>
>>51846968
>>51847736
>>51847773
Same faggotry
>>
>>51851932
>he doesn't know how to check for samefag

lmao check out this newfag
>>
Speaking of Legolas, the part where he jumps up the falling rocks isn't possible, is it? Wouldn't you just push the rocks down faster?
>>
>>51836253
This is going to be a massive failure, but I love it just for sake of seeing your project crash and burn on the internet.
>>
This means you don't know how to use Maya,but good luck anyway
>>
>>51837015
>"Why does the dock have to be so absurdly long?"
Maybe because the city is in the middle of the fucking lake?
>>
>>51848977
No you can't.
>>
>>51839220
but why didnt you post a webm of it
we cant see anything in that png

btt: great work op, is there some way to follow that project and see it in the end?
>>
>>51836253
Why be a tripfag? Struggling for Internet fame is for autists OP, you're better off locking your room, drinking your lotr warhammer figurine paint and killing yourself.
>>
>>51852234
It's physically possible to push yourself up against rocks that are falling down but the rocks would have to be a lot heavier than you are for it to work even remotely well
>>
>>51852649
he's using a trip properly, not just attention whoring
>>
What rips are you using?
>>
I didn't even think this thread would still be up

>>51850000
>>51849646
didn't even know this, ill see what
can do, they actually put a ton of work into his sets and costume to only be on film for 5 minutes

>>51844502
Adobe premier

>>51853126
Bluray...but when its all said and compressed quality is likely to be shit

>>51852649
boltgun grey only gives me indigestion, its not lethal enough

>>51851758
yeah, i'm attempting to give the single cut a more "kid friendly" vibe though I hesitate to use that word, because that's really not how the movie was shot
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.