[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have recently decided to re-watch the prequels and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 16
File: Ep3DVD.jpg (400 KB, 552x784) Image search: [Google]
Ep3DVD.jpg
400 KB, 552x784
I have recently decided to re-watch the prequels and I'm surprised how much Episode 3 stands out. It's honestly a really good flick on its own.

There are tons of greatly paced and filmed sequences in this movie, many of them sporting authentic new adventure feel. Characters interact with each others like human beans would instead of cardboard cutouts. Camera isn't fixed, design is great and from time to time you're actually involved in whatever is happening on the screen.

Sure, there are some stupid design and story decisions, but it's Lucas's world, let him have it. I'm surprised how did they managed to connect this thing so gracefully with the old trilogy, considering that TPM and AotC were basically a chain reaction of fuckups.

What is your opinion? Does Revenge of the Sith really stand out this much from between the prequels, or am I just going crazy?
>>
>>49470757
Episode III is the best Star Wars. Nostalgia plebs are just blinded by arrogance
>>
its the best of the 3
>>
testing
>>
John Williams' score really tied the movie together in my opinion. The Order 66 scene actually made me sad (and not many movies do) and I think the only reason was the accompanying music. Although not a *good* movie by most accounts, definitely better than the first 2 prequels. (the clone troopers looked pretty cool too)
>>
I unironically love the dialogue in this movie. Bad or not, its so fucking memorable.
>>
ur breaking my heart
>>
>am I just going crazy
This is the only thing you said which I agree with.
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1920x818
>>49470872
Clones looked better in 2.
>>
>>49470872
>The Order 66 scene actually made me sad
You must be insane or something.

>Oh no, a bunch of unknown characters are being killed over sad music, how touching and emotional!
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Passable shot composition as well.
>>
silly moments make it memorable
john williams absolutely transcended god-tier at that point
cool duels and action
the "no" scene is overrated
last 20ish minutes were great
>>
>>49470987
The opening sequence was lovely too. Some really good dialogue between Obi-Wan and Anakin, non-forced situational jokes that included meaningful interaction with environment ("the elevator's broken").

And shit, Anakin is likable as hell in this movie.
>>
>>49470960
No. You're looking at the bottom half of one actor and the other crouching in front of them, everything else about the scene is fake (and an obvious one at that).

F-, I'd tell him to see me after class but Lucas is just hopeless.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 256x256
>>49471112
Eh 4/10
>>
>>49471101
>really good dialogue
You had me up until then, nobody is this retarded.
>>
>>49471165
1/10, try harder
>>
>>49470812
Fans have been blinded by arrogant nostalgia since the very beginning.

What they wanted was a movie to recreate their experience when they first saw Star Wars.
What they got was a disappointing movie. Not "bad". Just disappointing.

The sequels will give the exact same results.
>>
>>49471205
True
>>
>>49471205
M8 the sequels will be worse than the prequels. Far worse.
>>
Star Wars threads never fail to prove that this website is 90% 11 year olds.
>>
>>49471335
They'll just be safely bland. They'll aim straight down the middle like a capeshit movie. Mediocre by design.
>>
>>49471366
>

I take it your dog pays by the hour?

THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.THE GREEN BUILDING IS THICKER THAN THE OTHER ONES.
>>
>>49471376
Exactly. They'll be forgettable. And thats worse thsn the prequels imo.
>>
>>49471431
Maybe to you but I'm sure the rest of the world would love a Star Wars film on the same level as The Avengers or Iron man
>>
>>49471566
Top kek. Iron Man is a good movie. But The Avengers looks and feels like a rejected tv pilot.

0/10
Gtfo
>>
>>49471566
>the rest of the world would love a Star Wars film on the same level as The Avengers or Iron man
But that's not going to happen. JJ Abrams is a terrible writer, the only hope the film has whatsoever is Lawrence Kasdan.

>Super 8 - 7.1
>Roadkill - 6.6
>Mission Impossible 3 - 6.8
>Gone Fishin' - 4.6
>Forever Young - 6.2
>Regarding Henry - 6.7
>Taking Care of Business - 6.3
>>
>>49471566
Iron Man would be standard for Star Wars but The Avengers is absolute trash. Joss Whedon is horrible at making likeable characters
>>
>>49471566
>for you
>>
>>49471709
And yet was well received by audiences like most of the MCU
>>
>>49471756
>Joss Whedon is horrible at making likeable characters
You know he didn't create any of those characters, right?
>>
If Episodes 1 and 2 had more clone battles and didn't make us hate the characters 3 would be 10x better than it already is, and it's pretty good already.
>>
>>49471910
Meaning nothing. That demographic cant actually into even pleb films like gone grill.
>>
0/Younglings
>>
>>49471934
He made their characters for the movie you autistic bitch. Avengers Iron man doesn't act like the one drawn on a comic book in the 1950s
>>
>>49472134
No, Iron Man acts like he does in the Iron Man movies, Thor acts like he does in the Thor movies, etc.

The only character that was unique to The Avengers was Black Widow.
>>
I was really surprised they had anikan kill kids, the whole movie is really dark and oppressive after the first part and it works really well because its a kids movie and you don't expect it.
>>
>>49472134

I wouldn't say he sucks at it. His problem is he reinvents characters for whatever story he happens to be telling. He's admitted as much saying characterization takes a backseat to story. That's a problem in and of itself, but you add in that his stories are typically juvenile attempts at deepness.

He's not a good storyteller. Simple as that. He's a good writer but those aren't interchangeable. He made his name in Hollywood as a script doctor and that's what he's good at.
>>
>>49470932
>Oh no, a bunch of unknown characters are being killed over sad music, how touching and emotional!

So basically every war movie in existence
>>
>>49472370
I have a feeling that this is the reason why the next Hunger Games will be loved.
>>
>>49472192
I'll take Iron Man 2 for 300 Alec
>>
>>49472403
No, because at least with War movies you may identify with their nationality or ideology.

These are a bunch of aliens and we have no idea what their motivations, beliefs or allegiances are, they mean nothing to anyone.
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 208x129) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 208x129
UNLIMITED YOUNGLINGS!
>>
>>49472520
>can't empathise with a sentient being unless it's wearing a flag
>>
>>49472520
Dude, who didn't ever want to be a jedi.

And now you're seeing your jedi buddies getting killed. Dreams shattered.
>>
>>49470757
The prequels in general have a far better story than the originals. It's just not executed well.

Plus the prequels are comfy as fuck for me, good or bad. I watched them every time they were on Spike.
>>
>>49470757
Its watchable, and the only prequel that gets the slightest bit of emotion from me

but there are still alot of stupid moments and lines that remind me I'm watching a star wars prequel
>>
>>49472704
Every Star Wars has retarded moments, that's part of the fun
>>
I like how it connects the prequels to the originals even if it did feel a little forced.
>>
It's literally the only prequel that fucking matters. If the prequels HAD to be made then they should've just extended the overall plot of this film into three movies.
>>
>>49472734
>>
>>49470757
Grievous is easily the best Star Wars villain.
Maul was pretty interesting and I wish they hadn't killed him off.
>>
It's definitely the best of the prequels, mostly because Lucas didn't have as much control as he did in TPM and AotC. If the staff who worked on RotS worked on the entire prequel trilogy then it might have turned out okay. Unfortunately it still had the previous films' baggage to work out so it had to shove in a bunch of shit so everything was tied up in a neat bow. Anakin's turn was way too fast.

Also, the Obi-Wan vs Anakin fight was way too long. They really overdid it. The only important parts happen at the beginning and the end, the middle is just silly bullshit.
>>
>>49472734
Some things still don't really make sense. I get it that the gave Luke away to his closest family. But Anakin made C-3PO, C-3PO then served uncle Owen for like 10 years, then suddenly, magically, C-3PO is back on Tatooine, gets bought by Owen who doesn't recognize it even if it has the same name, R2D2 says nothing.
>>
>>49472643
I wanted to when I thought they were an ancient race of warriors who maintained peace.

I didn't when it was clarified that they're abstinent monks who spend all day talking to stereotypes about political disputes.
>>
>>49472779
>pretty interesting
He said like 10 words in the whole film. I think you meant "looked cool".
>>
>>49472916

Anakin making Threepio doesn't even make sense, in the original Star Wars you can clearly see he's a mass produced model. I guess the explanation you could give is that Anakin found him in a scrapyard and then repaired him, but that's not really the same thing as making a droid from scratch.
>>
>>49472916
>C-3PO then served uncle Owen for like 10 years
I like how there wasn't even a "here, take back your droid" scene or whatever, Padme and Anakin just disappeared with 3PO the night they buried their mother.
>>
>>49473003
>that disappointment as a kid when the badass looking demon guy you've been seeing advertised everywhere isn't as cool as you hoped in the movie.
>>
>>49473009
He made his brain so that's basically the same as creating him
>>
>>49473046
Seeing star wars from the Owens point of view would be fucking hilarious

>Obi-wan: Hey dude, remember that guy you met like 3 years ago? The guy that's apparently your half brother? The guy that showed up here, murdered a bunch of sand people, brought your mom's corpse back, and stole your droid? Well here's his infant son, you should probably raise him now while I just sit around and do nothing for the next 20 years.
>>
>>49473547
This is so incredibly stupid I cannot fanthom why would anyone greenlight it.
>>
>>49470757
My greatest problem with this movie is that Anakin's conversion to the dark side makes no fucking sense at all. I don't know what was going through the head of the guy.

Which defeats the entire purpose of the movie because that's why the prequels were supposed to be made in the first place.
>>
>>49475343
>My greatest problem with this movie is that Anakin's conversion to the dark side makes no fucking sense at all. I don't know what was going through the head of the guy.
He was blinded by love.

But it wasn't expressed that well in the movie, except for a cringeworthy delivery by Natalie Portman.
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>49475343
>My greatest problem with this movie is that Anakin's conversion to the dark side makes no fucking sense at all
He was desperate to save his gf from dying like in the visions he had.
>>
>>49475697

THANKS MAN I DIDN'T GET THAT FROM WATCHING IT.
>>
>>49475697
Wouldn't it make more sense to have her be killed by Dooku or something, causing anakin to give into his rage and kill him and thus leaving a vacancy in the rule of two? Just have the prequels be all about the clone wars instead of pod racing and other bullshit
>>
Ah, yet another "the prequels weren't that bad guize, srsly" thread. Fuck off already. Revenge of the Sith was the worse of the three.
>>
>>49475456
>>49475697
>He was irrational because love

Well that's unsatisfying. You'd think if he really cared about her he'd be even more wary for bullshit than usual, rather than less.
>>
>>49473547
Yeah remember that guy who saved your farm from terrorists, who properly buried his own mother when he could've easily just left her in the sand, the guy who is a hero to everyone in the republic. Yeah, you get to raise his children
>>
>>49470960
Yeah, those shitty CGI backgrounds really tied that scene together.
>>
>>49475697
This site is for people 18 or older.
>>
File: logic-none.jpg (60 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
logic-none.jpg
60 KB, 600x477
>>49476068
>Get to watch both Padme and Anakin be bodily tortured
>Somehow worse than the other movies where you just sat in the theater impotently hating them while they got happy endings
>>
>>49476075
He trusted palpatine like a father.
>>
>>49476075
How stupid are you? He foresaw her dying in childbirth and seemingly found a way to prevent this with Palpatine and then he ends up being the one who causes the death. It's classic Greek mythological storytelling, Kassandra and Oedipus, all that jazz
>>
>>49476173

because.. that makes so much sense.
>>
>>49470757
Anakin's actor whatever his name is can't act to save his fucking life.
>>
>>49476197
Actually while the prequels fuck up in so many areas, Yoda, Anakin/Obi-Wan's friendship, the love between Padme and Anakin, they didn't fuck up on this part.
Throughout the whole fucking prequels Palpatine besides Padme was the only nice guy who complimented and respected him so it's not hard to see why Anakin saw him so positively.
>>
Can this "prequels weren't bad" meme please end?
>>
>>49476174
>seemingly found a way to prevent this with Palpatine

His story for how this was going to happen was pretty sketch.
>>
>>49476174
Why was it so poorly delivered to the audience, then? Why would Anakin trust blindly what this senator with sith behavior had to say? Why would he rat him out to the jedi council if he intended to keep him alive? Palpatine just flipped a switch and he went into full submissive evil minion mode. We've had this discussion thousands of times, these movies are flawed on a very fundamental level.
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>49476174

So it takes inspiration from Greek storytelling. Great! It was executed horrendously with the skill of a 5 year old.
>>
>>49476323
> Yoda,
Went from a cryptic, mystical and kooky but incredibly wise jedi master to some gung ho asshole with a tiny lightsaber. They squeezed all the fun out of him.
>Anakin/Obi-Wan's friendship
There was zero chemistry between them. I'm sure they did what they could with that abomination of a screenplay, but it was still hard to sit through.
> the love between Padme and Anakin, they didn't fuck up on this part.
See above, it was like watching a high school play. They wrote absolutely no personality into either of them, their relationship felt forced and unconvincing.

It's like you picked the worst parts of the prequels as your talking points, give me a fucking break.
>>
>>49476463
Anakin trusted Palpatine because he was like a father to him. He ratted him out because he assumed the generally tame Jedi wouldn't kill him since it is against their code and he could still use Palpatine to cure Padme. He went submissive because after he killed Mace Windu he was at the Emperor's mercy. The Jedi obviously weren't going to take him back and he couldn't afford to go against Papatine or else Padme would die. It's all explained pretty thoroughly in the movie.
>>
>le prequels weren't bad
I hate this meme.
>>
>>49476587
The opposite is the meme you reddit scum
>>
>>49476585
>Anakin trusted Palpatine because he was like a father to him.
Sure, if you just met your father a couple of weeks ago. You're almost as dense as the action sequence in these movies.
>>
>>49470757
>I'm surprised how did they managed to connect this thing so gracefully with the old trilogy

You are joking, right?
>>
>>49476623
>The prequels weren't bad ecause uh... reddit XDDD
Great argument there, dicklips.
>>
>>49476382
All I want is this fucking >nostalgia goggles meme to end. It's objectively wrong, and it serves absolutely no purpose. I feel like it's just people who watched the prequels as kids and thought it was awesome because they were stupid children, then then try to defend their childhood by projecting their true feeling on the rest of us.
>>
>>49476678
He has to be trolling, there are so many inconsistencies between OT and prequels, they're almost two separate storylines.
>>
>>49476637
He met Palpatine when he was 10 and he was the only person who he could really tell his feeling to thanks to the Jedi order trying to suppress everything. Palpatine is his boss as well since the Jedi serve the republic and he is the Republic
>>
File: ooh.gif (499 KB, 245x240) Image search: [Google]
ooh.gif
499 KB, 245x240
>>49476637
>You're almost as dense as the action sequence in these movies
>>
>>49476736
He lived his whole life away from him, training to be a jedi and going with Obi Wan on adventures. If your only defense for these movies is stuff that only happened in your head, I don't see the point in discussing this any further.
>>
>>49470757
TRAILER:
>Lord Vader?
>Yes, master?
>Rise!
>Imperial March plays
ACTUAL MOVIE:
>Lord Vader?
>Yes, master?
>Rise!
>No Imperial March
>P..Padme?
YOU HAD ONE JOB LUCAS, ONE FUCKING JOB. I could have forgiven anything if the scene stayed the same as the trailer... YA BLEW IT
>>
>>49476727
Like what? No incest? No impossibly resourceful primitives? No ambushes that aren't effective in the slightest? The presence of actual emotion rather than just forgetting that you guardians had been burned alive?
>>
File: dense.jpg (19 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
dense.jpg
19 KB, 401x401
>>49476637
>>
File: greviousvskenobi.gif (3 MB, 526x272) Image search: [Google]
greviousvskenobi.gif
3 MB, 526x272
I actually agree with you, Revenge of The Sith stands out from the other prequels, it has great action scenes and is less boring than the other prequels.And i loved General Grievous! (The image is a GIF.)
>>
>>49476798
It clearly didn't just happen in my head since the Jedi order has always been close to the senate and it is heavily implied that Anakin and Palpatine have known each other well for a long time. Palpatine specifically talks about how Anakin told him about the sand raider massacre. It's pretty well established
>>
>>49476801
Yes, yes! Give in to your anger.
I was referring more to stuff like Leia remembering her mother, Yoda turning into a pretty cool guy, Anakin being the best pilot in the galaxy, nobody remembering R2 or C3PO, the emperor using a jedi tool at all, the first death star taking morthan 20 years to be completed, while the second one took less than a year, grand moff tarkin being vader's boss, the stormtroopers being clones somehow, and many, many more.
Now go get emotional elsewhere, faggot.
>>
>>49476867
>le implications
>le referencing shit we never saw and expecting that to be acceptable storytelling.
>>
>>49476856
agreed on the RotS and the general was a cool, character idk why he was sick all the time, i guess it gave him more depth of a character behind that stone cold mask.

oh and for pointing out that GIF..... what are you twelve ?
>>
>>49472779
>Grievous is easily the best Star Wars villain.
Is this a serious comment?
>>
>>49476934
>pointing out shit that makes all the Star Wars movie look silly
That's my entire point you dingbat. They're all flawed, some more than others but episode III isn't any worse than any other Star Wars. They're " fun" movies not art. People who think otherwise are idiots
>>
>>49476957
>not being able to read movies even when everything is spelled out for you
Jesus Christ
>>
>>49476867
He was assigned to protect her after an assasination attempt. Are we done here? The jedi were not close to the senate, the jedi council were the military arm of the republic before the clones came to be.
Palpatine hadn't even considered Anakin as a successor until episode 3, even if we assume he created him with the force as it was implied. They were not close at all until Revenge of the Sith, Anakin had no reason to deflect to him or believe his bullshit other than the good/bad switch he had on the back of his head
>>
Ep 3 was the episode 5 of the prequels.
>>
File: jetski.gif (873 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
jetski.gif
873 KB, 240x160
>>49476957
>using "le"
>it's not even ironic anymore
>>
>>49477061
>The jedi were not close to the senate, the jedi council were the military arm of the republic before the clones came to be
If they're the military arm of the senate then they have a very close relationship with them you fucktard
>>
>>49476982
He is a cool villain, but his definetly not the best.
>>
>>49477126
He has no characterization beyond "a general" and both times he encounters our heroes he literally runs away. That's a great way to generate interest and menace in a villain.
>>
>>49477159
That´s actually the reason he´s not my favorite villain.
>>
>>49477114
Nope. The jedi madters might, but there was distrust shown between them, specially with palpy. I know defending this trilogy of trash gets your hipster boipussy all wet with excitement, but these movies are indefensible.
>>
>>49477450
Dude, Anakin was meeting with Palpatine ever since he blew up that Trade Fed ship. What the fuck are you whining about and yes the senate and the Jedi are close hence senator amidala hiring Obi Wan and Anakin to protect her despite them not being in contact for a while
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABcXyZn9xjg
>>
I can't wait for the Prequel Defence Force to come out in full swing with the new films. We'll get a bunch of "Well at least they weren't bland!" or "Disney commercialized them to death" or some other bullshit that will feed the Internets inexplicable hatred for JJ.

something something evil Disney, all that jazz.
>>
>>49478004
why does this guy have the dumb weird serial killer act
his reviews are excellent he really doesn't need the gimmick at all
all it does is make me cringe.
>>
Really good action scenes but they fucked up the main plotline for the movie, anakin turning to the dark side. He turns from lawful moralfag to mass child murderer in like three minutes, only because some shady guy said that he may be able to save his gf who may die if he kills a few dozen children.

Same is true for all prequels. Great action scenes and music, shitty plot, characters, dialogues and everything else.
>>
>>49470757
Bumpu
>>
>>49473547
I would be pretty grateful for the guy who wiped the local sand people tribe, fucking animals
>>
>Implying Lucas wasn't right
>>
>>49470960

I think Hayden Christensen really did an outstanding with the material he was given. He manages to look so pissed and hateful even in really fast paced action scenes. The last fight scene really is fucking cool even though it could be a little shorter.
>>
The fact that 3 received good reviews is proof positive that paid reviews are real.

Its a shit movie and maybe the worst of the trilogy.
>>
>>49482806

No fucking way it's worse than 2. It might have been shit but at least its memorable shit with some good moments. The boba fett shoehorning was the worst shit.
>>
its the best and darkest of the three
>>
File: 1381922866727.jpg (41 KB, 760x571) Image search: [Google]
1381922866727.jpg
41 KB, 760x571
tfw padme loses the will to live
>>
>>49470757
I think my sister said it's the only Star Wars movie she didn't fall asleep watching.

There is a lot of shit wrong with RotS ("I am beautiful because I am in love~" and "NOOOOOO" stand out, but another favorite is "You're evil but you say you can save my wife and even though you have a laser sword to your neck and you would say anything to get out of this situation, apparently it must be true, I want to kill children and be evil now"). But at least there are entertaining bits, and it links up a lot better to the original trilogy than some of the earlier films' more hamfisted approaches (Uncle Owen is Anakin's STEPbrother! Anakin also built C-3PO! Look it's Boba Fett's father for no reason, also Fett is now a Kiwi! Anakin hates Obi-Wan! And, of course, the terrible love story.)
>>
>>49470875
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL
>>
File: 1412439679311.jpg (3 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1412439679311.jpg
3 KB, 150x150
NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOU ARE THE BIG GUY
>>
>>49470960
Lucas is good at shots, but he's not very good at writing or directing actors.

>>49482703
I liked him in Jumper. I think Hayden does well when given a competent script, and the bits where he doesn't have to talk in AotC and RotS can be pretty good - the moments where he comes back from the Sand People with his mother's body, or when he's alone on Mustafar, and both times he's just absolutely seething.
>>
>>49483235
I always thought my children movies should be darker.
>>
>>49471205
basically a nutshell for the hobbit and lotr trilogy.

except hobbit is filler action scenes cause fucking goys.

Why can't they reunite the crew and do a tv series for the stuff not covered in the original trilogy :/
>>
>>49482703
the last fight scene is fucking boring and has no emotional content at all
>>
>>49470960
Looks like a paiting
>>
>>49483537
>at least there are entertaining bits

good christ that's the bar we've set now? how far we've fallen
>>
Everytime I try to watch the full trilogys, i cant get pass the rolling credits at the start.
>>
>>49480450
Well, no. The saber duels were over choreographed crap, went on for too long and looked like some kind of jedi mating ritual. The obi wan vs. Grievous scene was incomprehensively stupid, specially the way it started and ended. The movie is offensive in almost every level and the action scenes are no exception.
It's also extremely arrogant to start a thread like this and thinking you can change a movie by pretending it wasn't that bad, when it so painfully was.
>>
i suggest everyone who enjoyed this star wars episode, go watch the documentary "A minutes in the making" (I think its called that).

Just shows how much time and people it takes to film a minute of the last fight scene
>can watch on youtube
>>
>>49482703
You have to be 12 or something if you really think that the Anakin/Obiwan fight was, as you put it "fucking cool".
>>
>>49482686
>extrapolating this hard and still being wrong
I'm not going to even start on the younglings and how irredeemable that turned him. Why would a fully consumed dark jedi who murders babies at the drop of a hat and gladly choked his pregnant wife care about being called evil?
>>
>>49483781
Why does it look like ass, though? Specially the part where they're hovering on the lava. We're talking about the finest special effects studio in the world, ILM. Was it the poor art direction?
>>
shit needed moar star swipes, because star wars.
>>
>>49483744
it's elaborate trolling. are you new to 4chan?
>>
I saw the originals the first time when I was 24, and I think they are far superior films to the prequels. I mean FAR superior, in that you cannot even compare 1-3 to 4-6 in any way, since they outrank them so clearly. This is of course only my own opinion, but in all seriousness, I think the biggest flaw on 1-3 was to let Lucas direct them.
>>
>>49483864
The novelisation - which is substantially better than the movie as it cuts out Lucas' worst dialogue and replaces it with competently written dialogue - explains his motives very well. It's worth a read.
>>
>>49483973
It's not, I've seen people IRL try to defend these movies vehemently, even claim they were better than the original trilogy because of the effects.
>>
I goddamn hate this board.
>>
>>49484028
but there should never have been prequels that focused so much on vader/anakin. he should have been just a piece of the universe like he was in a new hope. if you're starting with a shitty premise then even the novelization will suck. saying it's better than the movie is like saying that pizza hut with fresh imported italian cheese on it is better than pizza hut. but it's still shit underneath
>>
>>49484028
We can bicker about novelizatons, games and all sorts of EU stuff all day. The problem is what was left in the movies, forever and cannot be changed.
>>
>>49484059
You are encouraged to leave at your earliest convenience.
>>
>>49484102
But Lucas already went and changed the OT.
>le troll face may may
>>
>>49484193
Lucas is homo
>>
>>49484072
but pizza hutt is pretty nice if you're hungry
>>
i like to pretend darth vaders origin story is shown in the sword of doom (a japanese samurai film from 1966)

anyone who has seen it knows why it would be perfect
>>
>>49470757
>human beans
Annnd dropped
>>
>>49470757
The darth maul sequence in the last part of e1 is better than anything in this film
>>
File: 1398323009121.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1398323009121.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>
The originals are better films, yes.
But the performances, even the bad ones, seem more sincere or emotionally charged in the prequels.

Like in ANH why wasnt leia more bummed about her whole planet being blown up? And why wasnt luke sadder about the people that raised him dying?
>>
>>49485169
>actual deleted scene
>>
>>49471431

No. That's a mercy after the prequels became unforgettably bad.
>>
>>49476463
Of course they are.

But this one is actually really well put and enjoyable as a flick. You know, Indiana Jones movies don't really make that much sense too, but they're still great.
>>
>>49476727
There are more inconsistencies between three original trilogy movies than there are between PT and OT.

Star Wars just isn't that well thought story, it doesn't really matter that much in all honesty.
>>
>>49476934
C3PO was a mass produced model, also Owen Lars seen him when he was silver-plated, it's pretty logical that he didn't recognize it.

It's pretty stupid though that it happened or whatever, but still..
>>
>>49470757
reminder

Ep1 6.1/10
Ep 2 6.3/10
Ep. 3 7.7/10
>>
>>49477159
He's sickly, a coward, a show-off with a huge ego who doesn't even realize he's being used. Actually he has more character than, let's say, any other character from The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones...
>>
>>49482686
This is actually a decent interpretation, but doesn't explain the delivery of that line.

Damn, if only Palpatine said to him something like "weren't you the one to bring the balance to the force? here's the opportunity, do what must be done" it would be 1000% more meaningful.
>>
>>49477159
wrong. Grievious shit talks, he intimidates by showing the lightsabers of fallen Jedi and gloating about them, he does flashy lightsaber moves and is full of himself. He fights full of bravado and once thats gone he runs away. Its sleek and streamlined characterization
>>
>>49470932
>>Oh no, a bunch of unknown characters are being killed over sad music, how touching and emotional!
Seeing this scene after watching The Clone Wars makes it carry a lot more weight, when you know a bit about Master Plo, Aayla Secura, or Ki-Adi Mundi.
You also realize that when Windu went to arrest Chancellor Palpatine, he only brought 3 Jedi. But they were some bad motherfuckers, and should have been enough to handle their shit.
>>
>>49482703
In Attack of the Phantom Edit, where the editor cut out the cringe worthy dialogues and scenes, he's really good, a well portrayed conflicted teenager who's beliefs are shattered one by one and he's barely coping with them having his only escape in his love with Padme.

It's really hard to wrap my head around how Lucas fucked up the editing when it comes to the first two prequels. There's a good story in there, the performances are there, but they're diluted by tons of contradictory and filler scenes that only confuse the audience.

If somebody at Disney would just sit down and re-edit these movies and release them this way officially, that would be amazing.
>>
>>49485169
Is this from an actual game? Did they really make a Star Wars kiddie massacre simulator and put it up for sale? And there was no opposition or complaint? And kids play this?
>>
>>49483861
not him but the first half where it is up close and personal and they go hand to hand is actually a little neat. the lava parts were lame tho and dragged on too much
>>
guaranteed replies
>>
>>49487647
>If somebody at Disney would just sit down and re-edit these movies and release them this way officially, that would be amazing.
This needs to happen.

The Phantom Edit and Attack of the Phantom are so much better than the original edits with so little effort.
>>
>>49487666
Its a mod
>>
>>49487666
It's from a Jedi Academy mod.
>>
>>49483235
my stool is dark. and the doctor said that's bad.
>>
>>49485169
"Master, I have to kill innocent all the separatists, all the Jedi and the children too?"
"Yes, do all these things and then you can save your wife from death in childbirth."
Anakin was such a fucking idiot.
>>
>>49470757
>What is your opinion?
That you're bad at trolling
>>
>>49487922
As for killing younglings, he was fed all his life that he's the choosen one that'll bring the balance to the force. Palpatine just played on this note, making him realize that it's the Jedi who are destroying this ballance.

As for the separatist leaders, it's more than obvious. If Obama told you to go and kill Bin Laden wouldn't you do it after being a marine since 10?

2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>49487339
> Indiana Jones movies don't really make that much sense too
Outside of the ending of Raiders, which comes completely out of left field, the Indy movies all make perfect sense.
>>
>>49488182
>Outside of the ending of Raiders, which comes completely out of left field, the Indy movies all make perfect sense.
There are more inconsistencies and illogical coincidences in them that there are stars on the sky.
>>
>>49488206
Nope.
>>
>>49488182
>Outside of the ending of Raiders, which comes completely out of left field

???
>>
>>49471194
0/100, see me after class
>>
>>49488249
Why is the ark filled with ghosts? Why does closing your eyes mean the ghosts won't murder you? How does Indy know they should close their eyes? It's never addressed at any point in the movie. Indy just knows somehow.
>>
Lucas is a hack stealing from hacks who stole from a hack who wrote the book on hacking
>>
>>49488233
Even the chronology is all fucked up, there are often references to characters and situations that didn't happen yet.
>>
>>49488472
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>49488472

Examples?
>>
>>49488493
>>49488610
https://www.google.com/search?q=indiana+jones+chronology+continuity+errors
>>
Star Warsfu is a shit
>>
>>49488722
So a whole bunch of nothing then?
>>
>>49488722

Errors like those are in every movie in existence.
>>
>>49488365
>Indy just knows somehow.
Fair points but he -is- an educated professor and archaeologist, perhaps it was his informed guess that worked out?
>>
>>49488868
You can rationalize it sure, but it's still a stupid mistake. Basic logic doesn't cover it, nor does anything in the movie. So, to the audience, it seems completely random. It's fairly easy to get past because the rest of the movie is great, but it still nags at me.

I've read that there was a deleted scene that actually does cover it, but I've no idea if a print of it actually exists anymore.
>>
>>49488946
I haven't seen it in years but I don't think I'd look at it, either (the opened ark)

i'm more interested in what happened to the nazi film reel taping everything
>>
>>49470817
It's the best of the prequels. It's the darkest of the 3.
>>
File: superbeastcomingthrough.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
superbeastcomingthrough.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Ep 3 sucked. It just wasn't as cringe worthy as the other 2.

Pretty disappointing when a cartoonist has a much greater understanding of how to utilize a characters unique design then the supposed creator.
>>
>>49489040
Its the darkest and best of the prequels
>>
>>49488093
>If Obama told you to go and kill Bin Laden wouldn't you do it after being a marine since 10?
Yeah but if he told me to go kill Bin Laden's kids I'd probably be pretty fucking hesitant.
>>
>>49489836
No you wouldn't. Special forces guys kill kids all the time.
>>
>>49488093
>If Obama told you to go and kill Bin Laden wouldn't you do it after being a marine since 10?

Faulty comparison. It would be more like Dick Cheney telling you to kill your fellow Marines' children. The ones going through the exact same training program that you did.
>>
>>49470903

The clones in episode 2 looked like shit
>>
>>49489836
>Yeah but if he told me to go kill Bin Laden's kids I'd probably be pretty fucking hesitant.
Actually killing the kids is a pretty common thing in the military, unfortunately.
>>
>>49489113
If he had done that shit in the movies people would have criticized it too.
>>
>>49487763
i havent seen these edits. are they worth a watch?
>>
>>49491471
they are, also substitute episode 3 for dark force rising
>>
>>49476856
why did his hands move when he turned onthe lightsaber? no one elses hands move.

because it's a laser. it has no mass.
>>
i haven't seen it since it came out and I don't really want to. I remember liking it though
>>
>>49471205
if you dont think at least attack of the clones was bad you need to stop watching movies. you have failed.
>>
>>49491471
Yes, especially the Attack of the Phantom, the romance was edited to feel pretty great, Padme's feelings are explained, stupid shit is cut out, it's great.
>>
>>49476969
Samuel Jackson crushed his chest by yelling Motherfucker at him really hard
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.