[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw Palpatine could have had a natural transition into his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 32
File: george lucas.png (1 MB, 1339x701) Image search: [Google]
george lucas.png
1 MB, 1339x701
>tfw Palpatine could have had a natural transition into his deformed appearance but Lucas changed his mind

Is any other film-maker as big a hack as George Lucas? Why did he discard so many good ideas?
>>
>>48102262
>Why did he discard so many good ideas?

Apparently he thought they wouldn't bring in an extra buck.
>>
File: 1396705869647.jpg (45 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1396705869647.jpg
45 KB, 240x320
>>48102262
>>
Lucas has good ideas, he just doesn't have them in order.
>>
problem is also that Lucas is surrounded by yes-man and so, no one points to him the obvious.
>>
Growing up, I always assumed the Emperor had become excessively beetle-browed, hunched, and pale through decades of using dark sorcery.

I also thought Vader had become steadily more mechanical due to battle injuries acquired over the years, rather than getting all his cybernetics in one idiotic scene.
>>
>>48102262

the palpatine change is just another example of lucas feeling that he must explain every detail.

it isn't important, the audience has an imagination and can fit in the details.

the biggest groaner, outside of the force being a molecule, was when yoda explains to kenobi that he must learn to become a ghost jedi

fucking fuck that was painful, even for a non-sw fanboy.
>>
>>48102647
>when yoda explains to kenobi that he must learn to become a ghost jedi
Huh, when did that happen? I recently saw that seemingly popular tear down of the prequels - by that guy who pretends to be a psychopath and kill women - and he didn't mention this.
>>
File: starwars.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>48102548
Me too. I even had a book (pic related) that basically said that about the emperor.
>>
>>48102692
At the end of Episode 3 Yoda says he has found a way to communicate with Qui Gon. He was originally supposed to have a scene but Liam Neeson broke his leg and couldnt film it or something
>>
>>48102812
Judging by Neeson's later comments about how much he hated working on Episode 1, I'll bet he just told them to fuck off.
>>
>>48102262
That would have been so much fucking better. The make-up job in Episode III doesn't even look like it did in VI.
>>
>>48102895
That seems a bit harsh. He did revive his role in The Clone Wars cartoon, appearing as a force ghost to Anakin.
>>
>>48102647
>the biggest groaner, outside of the force being a molecule, was when yoda explains to kenobi that he must learn to become a ghost jedi
I agree, that scene was retarded. Also, it doesn't make any fucking sense. At the end of Return of the Jedi we see Anakin's ghost even though he was never trained to do that.
>>
>>48103065

the clone wars cartoon is way better than the prequels

and by that I mean it's decent
>>
>>48102647
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duck
>>
>>48102768
That book was so cool.
slave leia in that was the first thing I masturbated to
>>
>>48103541
Oh boy, here we go.
Someone post /breast.
>>
>yfw when Wookiepedia has an article about chairs in the Star Wars universe
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
>>
>>48103541
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
>>
>>48103591
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breast
>>
>>48102548
There was actually a line in the novelization of one of the OT films, based on Lucas' notes, that revealed Vader's injuries were from falling into a pit of lava. It's actually one of the only things about the backstory that Lucas didn't change over the decades.
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Limb
>>
File: 1305158923589.jpg (12 KB, 364x375) Image search: [Google]
1305158923589.jpg
12 KB, 364x375
>>48103065
>revive his role
>>
File: please kill me.png (572 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.png
572 KB, 500x500
DARTH ICKY
>>
>>48103669
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eye
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Navel
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nose
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mouth
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skeleton
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nervous_system
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ribcage
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tongue
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hair
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heart
>>
>>48103663
>for 10+ years I totally believed that Vader and Boba Fett had a fight in a volcano.
>>
File: 1371400565578.jpg (120 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1371400565578.jpg
120 KB, 497x640
>>48103762
>>48103669
>>48103647
>>48103631
>>48103593
>>48103541
Never fails to amuse.
>>
>>48103762
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skeleton

nice try but I'm NOT clicking on that..... eh eh.....
>>
File: delfi.gif (148 KB, 425x417) Image search: [Google]
delfi.gif
148 KB, 425x417
>>48103631

>Star Wars 8: Eight for Aduba-3 (First identified as Chair)
>>
>>48102548
I remember asking my dad around the end of the 80's and he knew he has mechanical limbs up around the joints.
No fucking idea how he knew.
>>
>>48102548
> "The circle is now complete"
> not viewing that as a metaphor for Anakin's lacerated limbs starting with his hand and followed by his legs and arm
>>
>>48103766
I think I remember that happening in a comic, actually
>>
File: 11548-25524.jpg (14 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
11548-25524.jpg
14 KB, 320x480
>mfw the image in the OP is directed at me after I pointed out how it would have made infinitely more sense if Palpatine transitioned into 'the Emperor' fluidly instead of how Lucas did it

I might rewatch Episode II in a bit, just for how fucking evil Palpatine looks
It genuinely creeps me out more than I can explain
>>
>>48107719
that motherfucker is the best thing of the prequels. Palpatine is the shit
>>
>>48105340
I remember as a kid in the 90s my parents said something about Vader getting fucked up by lava
>>
>>48107931
Ian McDiarmid fucking nailed it in every movie.
I think Lucas unintentionally made the character brilliant, in my opinion Palpatine is the true protagonist for the prequels, and only becomes the antagonist for the last movie.
Once you watch the prequels through the mindset that Palpatine is the good guy, you really can't go back.
>>
>>48108069
Well he was the only character with a clear motivation and goal that he eventually reached.
>>
>>48108130
He's literally the only protagonist
He's the guy that moves the plot along at every turn
>>
>>48103494
Decent, but it has its great moments.
>>
>>48102262
because palpatine was using his powers to change his appearance, using the dark side affects your body in many ways like giving people yellow eyes, after windus attack he just stopped hiding his true form
>>
>>48108069
The character is fucking retarded but I agree that Ian did a good work same goes for Mcgregor
>>
>>48102262

Personally, I think George Lucas was smart for going back on the concept. Maintaining the idea that he looked like an approachable, kindly old man allows him to be more seductive. It makes more sense for Anakin to feel comfortable around him, rather than have us roll around to the third movie and watch Anakin align himself with some shady looking monster.
>>
>>48105340
>>48108028
That stuff was in the novelizations
>>
File: 1319055906800.jpg (366 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1319055906800.jpg
366 KB, 960x720
The utterly fucking baffling and really sad thing about it all is that Lucas seemed to be a genuinely skilled filmmaker judging by his first 2 works: THX 1138 and American Graffiti.

Then came Star Wars:
Pretty much everything that made the original trilogy so memorable and great films turned out to be because of designers and crew were able to convince him to stray from his original vision. From Chewbacca to Threepio/R2, Jabba, Han, etc.

90% of it was great in spite of Lucas.

And then he got full control of the prequels, showing just how disastrous a creator he somehow was after making 2 seriously great films and sort-of making a legendary trilogy. This George Lucas was the one who, when the developers of The Force Unleashed wanted a Darth title for the protagonist and asked him for this exclusive opportunity, without any irony proposed "Darth Icky" or "Darth Insanius."

Those video game developers abandoned all hopes for a sanctioned Darth-titled protagonist.

They abandoned this for the overlord who tried to justify the backlash against the prequels by simply brushing it off by saying "these whiners don't want kid-friendly, funny stuff in Star Wars."

They abandoned this for the overlord who with the previous statement some-fucking-how, of course impossibly, implied that he hadn't even seen or understood the original trilogy.

...and I'm not even particularly fond of Star Wars.
>>
File: Capture.png (113 KB, 569x446) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
113 KB, 569x446
>>48103631
>ttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

I cant believe the article includes "appearances" of chairs.
>>
File: vader bones02 .jpg (33 KB, 720x330) Image search: [Google]
vader bones02 .jpg
33 KB, 720x330
>>48105340
>I remember asking my dad around the end of the 80's and he knew he has mechanical limbs up around the joints.
No fucking idea how he knew.

Besides the novelizations, you can actually see bits of Vader's robotic skeleton in ROTJ when he gets electrocuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZMb0GOqfo
>>
File: 1229415496996.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1229415496996.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>48112409
jesus fuck

and it's acccurate too
>>
>>48107719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTbsluR-Jug
>>
>>48111692
They could have been subtle about it. He doesn't have to look like monster in episode III, just a bit more pale and wrinkly, and maybe give him yellow eyes towards the end. They did with Anakin so why not?
>>
File: 1300325877040.jpg (17 KB, 304x245) Image search: [Google]
1300325877040.jpg
17 KB, 304x245
>>48113107
>E.T. in the phantom menace
>>
>>48102548
I thought Darth Vader was just a normal man in an armoured suit, like all the other soldiers in Star Wars. They all have armour that covers every part of their bodies.
>>
>>48102895
>Judging by Neeson's later comments about how much he hated working on Episode 1

Source
>>
>>48103762
I don't think I've ever seen such levels of autism before.
>>
File: don't let him kill me.gif (88 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
don't let him kill me.gif
88 KB, 300x400
>>48102262
A subtle change like this being the result of the lightning would have been a lot better
>>
>>48108028
Same. To this day I remember my mom telling me that Vader got disfigured in lava and for the life of me I could not have figured out how she knew that. I'd kinda started believing I'd just dreamed it.
>>
>>48114609
i remember that too,... weird, i even remember expecting it when i watched Rots on the theater-
>>
I used to think that Palpatine was just another humanoid race.
>>
>>48114609
>>48108028
It's in the RotJ novelization, which came out in 1983.

>>48115068
The ads for RotS did feature Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting on Mustafar, IIRC.
>>
>>48102262
Why does episode III Palpatine look like Jigsaw?
>>
>>48102768
I still have that book.
>>
>>48108069
i always kind of wished yoda fought anakin and obi wan fought vader. i dont know why but always thought itd make it that much more badass when yoda tells luke about his dad.

also marijuana
>>
>>48102548
I just figured he was evil and so he looked evil.
>>
>>48102548
>sorcery

Wasn't it nice when the Force was magic.
>>
>>48102262

A million saved is a million earned
>>
File: 1383242699129.jpg (37 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1383242699129.jpg
37 KB, 456x384
>>48103569
Holy FUCK ME TOO
>>
So I know all of /tv/ hated the Star Trek reboot movies but at least you have to admit whatever Abrams does it will be better than anything Lucas could come up with.
>>
>>48116615
It's still magic. The Force never changed. Midichlorians aren't the Force, and they even say so in TPM.

Hell, the idea that the Force has a biological side to it has been a thing since the OT.

>My family is strong in the Force. My father had it. I have it. My... sister, has it.

The only thing is, much like the rest of the PT, the ideas were there, but the execution was lacking.
>>
>tfw want to run an Edge of the Empire game because it's a neat system that feels very Star-Warsy
>tfw I'll get nerds saying BUT IN MUH COMPUTER GAMES, THIS HAPPENS, CHECK WOOKIEEPEDIA

Star Wars has such a cool setting and I love that they went for the fringes of the Galaxy during the Original Trilogy with this game, but god damn does this piss me off.

Obliterating most of the canon was the best thing Lucasfilm ever did.
>>
>>48116747

I don't necessarily agree. George's problems with the PT were mostly the fact that he didn't have anybody to say no to him (FUCK Rick McCallum with a bent, rusty spoon), nobody to say "no, George, that's a terrible idea."

So we've got awesome sets (a surprising number of them actually, there's more physical sets and miniatures in the prequels than there are in the OT), but then we have some stuff that's just plain bizarre - like mentioned above how there's no actors wearing clone trooper armor at all in the prequels, or the scenes where the lighting angles don't match or the CGI just plain doesn't look good.

Whereas, Orci and Kurtzman wrote horrible films and JJ didn't give any fucks at all, and most of the rest of Abrams' other works are pretty but dull.

The only things I can really say for sure that are strong points in favor of Abrams Star Wars are
>John Williams doing music
>Lawrence Kasdan co-writing
>>
>>48116790
Force sensitivity is fine. The problem is when you reduce it to mitochondria or something.

Obi-Wan says Anakin's dad was a good star pilot. He hears Luke isn't a bad pilot himself. Piloting runs in the family.

That's how the Force should work in this context. It just runs in the family. Doesn't matter whether it's microscopic organisms or chromosomes or which personality traits get passed down. It's simply something that runs in the family, reasons be damned.
>>
I still remember seeing Episode 1 at the midnight showing. I was 12 there was sooooo much damn hype. Everyone at the theater was dressed up, or wearing some star wars t shirt. As soon as Along time ago in a galaxy far far away came...came on i dont think i heard that much cheering in my life.

Slowly the theater got quieter and quieter. As the credits came on there were a bunch of excited little kids. Then the rest were adults who just got up looking liked theyd gotten raped.

Some lady dressed up in Jedi rodes was crying.

Best film experience of my life. It was like being on the journey of the titanic or something.
>>
>>48114205
Wow, that looks so much better.

Why did Lucas feel the need to connect the dots all once? It really kills the flow of the timeline, and makes the prequels feel forced.
>>
>>48102262
What was his first name?
>>
>>48116846
Man, I would so be down for this.
>>
>>48117513

But again, midichlorians aren't the Force. They're indicators, that's it. Qui-Gon claims they're symbionts, that they're middle-men between us and the Force, but that's just his own opinion, dumbing things down so Anakin might understand, and not necessarily shared by other scholars/biologists.

Whether they're there because someone is Force sensitive or someone is Force sensitive because they're there is never explained, even in the now-defunct EU.

Also, George had the basic idea for Force sensitives and what would eventually become midichlorians all the way back in '77, but decided against using them at that point.

And the EU had scanning devices they used to find Force sensitives - and that was before the prequels.
>>
>>48102768
Hell, the Kotor series basically has the same thing with your face getting nastier the more evil you get, if you choose darkside answers.

Vader: Whiney teen with robot leg extensions.
>>
>>48117771
>"I must be Frank, your majesty"
>>
>>48117783

>but that's just his own opinion, dumbing things down so Anakin might understand, and not necessarily shared by other scholars/biologists

I don't remember all that information in the movies. Where did they mention this?
>>
>>48117783
I've read the totally neutral Wookieepedia article too. I'm not sure I buy the idea they were around since '77, the source was some book published a few years ago. Lucas loves to pretend it was all JUST AS PLANNED (though to his credit, he has done a lot of that really well).

Force sensitivity should transcend something detectable in the body. I can tell how much muscle mass someone has and work out how strong they are. I shouldn't be able to tell how many midi-chlorians someone has and how in-tune with the Force they are.
>>
File: ref2-7771.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ref2-7771.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>48117738
So they could sell both versions of Palpatine as different figures.
>>
>>48117783

it's so easy to take lucas ideas and make them interesting or workable...

what if in episode 3 it is somehow revealed medichloreans don't indicate force? what if the failure of the jedi was hubris and over confidence? the jedi learn only too late the force is unknowable and undefinable which leads to their demise?

yoda hints that the jedi are too complacent in phantom, this fundamental misunderstanding of the jedi and their adopted role of vice cops in the galaxy leading to their failure (and yoda returning to his planet to reinvest in the roots of the force) would have transitioned nicely into the original three films.

if lucas just had one or two more drafts the new trilogy might have been watchable
>>
>>48117920
Not directly, but remember he's not an expert on these things and generally regarded poorly by his peers because he does things his own way and holds firm to his own beliefs, disregarding the council and defying their orders.

He DOES say that he's checking the kid's blood for the midichlorians because he suspects something, and it's not exactly uncommon for adults to simplify complex things so kids can understand them.
>>
>>48118288

the absolute only reason he did the blood test was that he was doing virgin birth origin and didn't want to upset religious people. he didn't want anakin to have a father and he decided to go with magic molecules. he made this up around three weeks before filming, there is no EU in his brain
>>
>>48118218
>what if the failure of the jedi was hubris and over confidence?

Happens in the RotS novel. Actually a lot of the EU centered around the prequels goes into the problems with the Jedi.
>>
>He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil

The last time Obi Wan saw Vader he was roasting like a BBQ chicken on that lava planet after he fucked up his shit with the high ground.

Did Obi Wan have like some kind of Galactic Internet in his tatooine mud hut that filled him in on Vaders and the Empires exploits? Tatooine is like on the edge of the universe and I presume Obi Wan never left the planet once he dropped Luke off, he had no fucking space ship in Ep IV.
>>
>>48118618
yes actually. its called the HoloNet. at the end of the book Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, Obi-Wan basically sees him on TV at a bar, hears the name Vader and Drunkenly talks to Qui-Gon Booze's force ghost confirming it to him.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HoloNet
>>
>>48118618
Obi-Wan knew that Anakin became Vader.

He clearly wasn't always hiding in his hut and would have hung around places like Mos Eisley. Word gets around, and I'm sure Vader was used as a face of fear for the Empire.

Also they still have TVs.
>>
>>48118385

EU works to fix the problems of the movies.
that doesnt help the movies, just ease hardcore fans feelings.

prequels are embarrassing shite
but so was st: into darkness, so fans better tighten that anus and pray to the great wookie of life day abrams doesnt fuck it up
>>
File: Themoreyouknow.jpg (123 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
Themoreyouknow.jpg
123 KB, 561x370
>>48118716
>A spoon was a utensil that could be used by sapient beings to consume food. It also served the purpose of stirring a drink.[1] General Kenobi was known to have used a spoon to stir his tarine tea while he talked with General Whorm Loathsom during the Battle of Christophsis.[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spoon
>>
GEORGE LUCAS IS AN INEPT WRITER, AND A SUBPAR CREATOR WITH UNREMARKABLE IMAGINATION.

NEITHER THE SITH, NOR THE JEDI WERE EFFICIENT IN THEIR METHODS, NOR WERE EITHER OF THEM ETHICALLY VIRTUOUS.

IRONICALLY, AS A CONSEQUENCE OF GEORGE LUCAS' INEPTITUDE, THE SITH WERE THE ONES WHO STROVE TO ACHIEVE AN END THAT MOST APPROXIMATED ABSOLUTE BALANCE OF "THE FORCE", AS OPPOSED TO THE JEDI WHO MERELY SOUGHT TO PASSIVELY REMEDY THE SYMPTOMS CONSEQUENTIAL TO THE IMBALANCE, RATHER THAN STRIVING TO RESOLVE THEIR CAUSES AND PRECIPITATE ACTUAL BALANCE.

THE JEDI WERE INEPTLY PASSIVE, THE SITH WERE PERVERSELY ACTIVE; FOR THE JEDI, BALANCE MEANT PERPETUATION OF CUSTOMS, FOR THE SITH, BALANCE MEANT ABSOLUTE POWER.

THE TRITE LINE SPOKEN BY "OBI WAN KENOBI" TO "ANAKIN SKYWALKER", IN "EPISODE III":

>"You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

OVERTLY INDICATES THE JEDl CHAUVINISM.
>>
>>48103541
It's not canon, it's just a legend
>>
>>48112409
George Lucas logic makes no fucking sense.
His mentality would explain why he sold it to Disney.
I don't think he sold SW to Disney because he sees SW as a franchise for children, but because hes a petty man-child who sold it out of complete spite in response to the utter backlash he faced by nearly everybody, universally.
the rejection he faced probably hit him hard and hurt him enough to lead to his retirement.
>>
>>48119036
how the fuck is anyone suppose to separate the two when the gray over so much?
Darth Bane is legend, but he also appears in the Clone Wars, so hes therefore also canon. and since hes canon his backstory would imply shit like Darth Revan, or Korriban a character and planet thats linked to Bane (Revan was a major influence on Bane becoming a Sith even though they never living at once) which would then imply all this shit like KOTOR therefore did happen.
>>
>>48102262
is that David Chase?
>>
>>48102262
Lucas is the same dumbfuck who wanted to make the last Indiana Jones take place in a haunted house
>>
>>48119255
>Bane?
>>
>>48119316
im no doctor, but i think Lucas has early signs of dementia. his shit makes no goddamn sense.
in another 5-10 years, we're gonna here a diagnosis after he tries to make a Willow sequel with Peter Dinklage. actually...
>>
>>48112409
>Lucas seemed to be a genuinely skilled filmmaker judging by his first 2 works: THX 1138 and American Graffiti.

>he actually liked THX 1138

just epic, my friend
>>
>>48119563
He started to lose his mind during the early to mid 80s.

The only reason the rest of Star Wars and Indiana Jones ended up being worth a damn was due to Steven Spielberg tempering his slowly creeping insanity.

But without Spielberg's steady hand, Lucas has been a rambling loose cannon shooting himself in the foot ever since.
>>
File: lolron.jpg (23 KB, 227x311) Image search: [Google]
lolron.jpg
23 KB, 227x311
>>48119563
>not appreciating THX 1138
>>
>>48102262
>my screengrab will be the canonical one

feels good man

until someone makes a blu-ray yotsuba edit
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (56 KB, 960x782) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
56 KB, 960x782
I've been watching Clone Wars scenes which feature Sidious fighting/annihilating people
It's a shame that neither the prequels nor the Clone Wars managed to recreate the passionately evil and epically mystical factor of The Emperor, instead relying on making Sidious a mix between The Joker and a ninja.
>>
>>48111692
>kindly old man
>seductive
Okay Anakin, where did he touch you? Just point it out on the doll.
>>
>>48105935
Yes, with the head that can predict futures.

That bad ass line, "I make my own future"
>>
>>48104027
SW fags must be the most autist
>>
>>48103593
>Chair
>3 lines long
>not a stub

>Limb
>10 lines long
>A stub

This wiki is bananas.
>>
>>48122942
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Banana
>>
Blows the whole "I planned it from the beginning" shit out of the water. He had to make Palpatine's scarring Mace Windu's "fault" so Anakin could be at least a little bit sympathetic during his turn to the Dark Side.
>>
File: lennon stache.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
lennon stache.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>48103591
>image pic is rule 34 art
>>
Why does Vader act like a bitch nigga around Tarkin in ANH?
>>
File: gregghavinalaff.gif (2 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
gregghavinalaff.gif
2 MB, 512x288
>>48103631
>chairs had a non-canonical appearance
>>
>>48123201
What episode was this?
>>
>>48123219
Season 4 Episode 10, right at the end.
>>
File: weird.jpg (56 KB, 510x452) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
56 KB, 510x452
I remember thinking Vader was just one fallen Jedi among many that ended up working for the Empire, he just happened to be skillful enough to end up as the Emperor's right hand.

The prequels made him out to be the lynchpin in everything, the single greatest factor in the Republic falling. Maybe it's just me but that made the SW universe seem a lot smaller and more contrived.

I liked him better when I didn't know he was hand-picked by the Emperor to be the Galactic Anti-Christ.
>>
>>48123388
>The prequels made him out to be the lynchpin in everything, the single greatest factor in the Republic falling.

Hardly.

Palpatine would still grab power no matter what. He had the pre-separatist Trade Federation already practically revolting while posing as Sidious.
If Anakin wasn't found he'd use some other way to start the civil war and then whoever wins he leads that side anyway.
Pretty much the only reason the jedi even knew he's evil is because he flat out said to Anakin he's a sith lord.

In fact Anakin turning to the dark side and then eventually tossing Palpatine down the elevator shaft is pretty much the only way Palpatine could be beaten.
>>
i never got why all the characters assumed "bring balance to the force" meant "get rid of all the bad guys"
>>
>>48123422
lucas pls go
>>
>>48123388
> the single greatest factor in the Republic falling

Not really. Sidious could have wiped out the Jedi with or without him, and the clones did most of the dirty work. He merely wanted Anakin as his apprentice.
>>
>>48102262
Actually the makeup job in Ep2 is so bad that it still works out. He still looks older in the third one.
>>
>>48103494
I hope you mean the 2D one, the 3D series is kinda bleh. The 2D one was excellent though, it managed to capture the ol' Star Wars magic that was missing from the prequels themselves.
>>
File: 1372751577522.jpg (33 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
1372751577522.jpg
33 KB, 305x350
>>48112409
>darth icky

Literally fucking what.
>>
I had always thought that the 'Clone War' was fought between cloned Jedi and normal Jedi. Palpatine secretly cloned evil Jedi and set them loose on the galaxy, destroying entire planets. The Republic would have been therefore open to the idea of exterminating the Jedi because normal people could not tell them apart.
>>
>>48103065
That wasnt him
>>
>>48123491
>implying he was just his "apprentice"
>>
File: resized_sith5.jpg (31 KB, 565x240) Image search: [Google]
resized_sith5.jpg
31 KB, 565x240
>>48123727
>>
File: chairwars.jpg (1024 KB, 911x1257) Image search: [Google]
chairwars.jpg
1024 KB, 911x1257
>>48103593
>>
File: 1369864412115.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1369864412115.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>48117862
underrated post
>>
>>48123445
I never got anything about the prophecy, literally nothing about it is explained in any way
>>
File: paul_faul_nose_comparison.jpg (19 KB, 412x262) Image search: [Google]
paul_faul_nose_comparison.jpg
19 KB, 412x262
>>48112409
>>48119114
So george lucas meeting the same fate as paul McCartney confirmed?
>>
>>48102262
It also could have come from the fact that he claimed that Plagueis learned how to create life from force, and thus could be assumed that Sidious had learned how to use this to return his youth.
>>
Does anyone have that episode guide to the Clone Wars mentions what to skip?

>inb4 skip all of it
>>
>>48124869
What's funny is that book came out and immediately went into Legends.

So they'll have to reexplain it later.
>>
>>48124809
yes
>>
File: 1351334720294.jpg (26 KB, 500x476) Image search: [Google]
1351334720294.jpg
26 KB, 500x476
>>48117862
>>
>>48118913
>General Whorm Loathsom

Subtle.
>>
Wreck it Palp
>>
>>48123445
I think this stems from the stupid, blatant idea of a "Light Side". The Jedi just do stuff, in the movies, like manipulating objects. That's pretty neutral.

I view it as the Dark Side being a corruption of the natural energy the Jedi focus on.
>>
File: YinYangBody-YinYangSymbol.jpg (24 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
YinYangBody-YinYangSymbol.jpg
24 KB, 315x318
>>48123445
Because they didn't understand this.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.