[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coziest movies you know. No kids movies or movies you like primarily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
Coziest movies you know. No kids movies or movies you like primarily for nostalgic reasons.

Coffee and Cigarettes
The Straight Story
Trees Lounge
Lost in Translation
>>
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/kultur/kino/Kurzfilm-der-Woche-Am-Ende-bleibt-nur-die-Trompete/story/21048462
>>
>>48014337
I went into Lady Killers cold and was pleasantly surprised by it.
>>
I'm a Burgerclap and even I can get into this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qksndNDMDOw
>>
The Third Man
The Princess Bride
>>
>>48014442
holy fuck best scene ever
>>
>>48014337
You might enjoy Nebraska and A Coffee in Berlin.
>>
File: deux-hommes-dans-manhattan-a01.jpg (500 KB, 873x1236) Image search: [Google]
deux-hommes-dans-manhattan-a01.jpg
500 KB, 873x1236
>>
Donnie Darko
>>
File: slacker.jpg (39 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
slacker.jpg
39 KB, 300x425
I fucking love this movie.
>>
Every Wes Anderson movie.
>>
File: 1405206161172.jpg (132 KB, 628x434) Image search: [Google]
1405206161172.jpg
132 KB, 628x434
>>48015514
Me too. I've seen it more than any other film, it was the first one to really get me into the medium way back when. I owe a lot to Slacker, and unlike most of the things I loved in my teen years, it's held up perfectly. Not to mention I pick up on more and more every time I watch it, and after looking into the production and listening to director/cast/crew commentaries I can appreciate so many aspects of it so much more. I've caught the subtle references, I'm in on the in-jokes, watching Slacker now is more like hanging out with friends than just watching another film. Linklater never did top Slacker in my eyes, and I don't see how he ever could.
>>
File: fargo-poster.jpg (32 KB, 304x400) Image search: [Google]
fargo-poster.jpg
32 KB, 304x400
>>48014337
and most of the other coen brothers movies
>>
File: Clerks.jpg (53 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Clerks.jpg
53 KB, 600x337
Clerks
Really nothing out there like it.
>>
>>48016459
one of the worst "movies" I've ever seen. The only reason it's loved as far as I can tell is because it's "different" and "ironic"

Clerks is trash.
>>
>>48016532
okay
>>
>>48016459
Clerks was fantastic but when you watch other Kevin Smith movies and see how much an accident it was it seems to lose some of it's charm.
>>
>>48015514
seen it, no desire to see it again.
>>
File: Dr._girlfriend.png (448 KB, 650x599) Image search: [Google]
Dr._girlfriend.png
448 KB, 650x599
>>48016532
>millennials consider this "trolling"
>>
File: trolled.png (121 KB, 1954x1783) Image search: [Google]
trolled.png
121 KB, 1954x1783
>>48016695
problem?
>>
>>48016695
>>48016589
Clerks was absolute garbage. The only reason people like it is because it's open about being absolute garbage.
>>
>>48016834
What a silly statement to make.
Claiming people only like it for one specific reason is an argument you cannot hope to win. You have no control over evidence. All I have to say is "I like it for a different reason" and your entire argument is shattered.

When people say "You only like X to sound smart" they theoretically have the upper hand because few people would admit to liking something to sound smart, and thus them saying that's not the reason can easily be ignored through deductive (albeit flawed) reasoning.

You have nothing. There is no reason anyone would hide liking the movie because of it's admission of being 'absolute garbage'.

The more I think about it, the stranger it is that you even posted that. What could you possibly stand to gain?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.