[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why TFA is bombing in China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25
File: SW.jpg (679 KB, 1352x1560) Image search: [Google]
SW.jpg
679 KB, 1352x1560
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/star-wars-force-awakens-falling-faster-expected-china

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a779982/whats-going-wrong-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-china/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-star-wars-857042

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-chinese-box-office-boonie-bears/

>China Film Insider even reports younger audiences found Star Wars: The Force Awakens boring, and the movie has failed to be a hit with the younger generation.

>"Perhaps what should be most disconcerting to Disney are reports that younger moviegoers in third- and fourth-tier cities, the demographic fueling China’s booming box office and the target of Disney’s marketing bonanza—the foundation for its future success in the country—were confused by the plot and even heard snoring during screenings," the site reports.

>Chinese social networks are also responding negatively to Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

>“If a science fiction film lacks imagination then what makes it different from a soap opera? The story was completely in service to fans of the original trilogy and it only relied on razzle-dazzle effects. The most laughable element is that all the 'Force' in the galaxy seems belong to one family. Creating nostalgia while introducing a new conceptual story doesn’t have to conflict.”

BTFO

Chink audiences > American audiences
>>
As someone who had never seen a star wars movie and then watched them all before watching this newest one I think I can agree with them.

The movie to me seemed TOO cliche and I normally dont care about cliches. Everything was generic and unoriginal Or at least I thought. The only reason that I actually really enjoyed the movie is because I made a sincere attempt at viewing the movie through the eyes of a fan. Meaning I looked at the older movies and put the generic cliches aside and thought "ok maybe this wasnt generic when this came out and all the newer movies just copied it making it generic". I dont know if thats true, but it worked. Then when I watched the newest one I had to look at it through the eyes of a lifelong fan again. When people made their appearance I had to think about how excited someone else would be to see the original actors and then that gave me a small sensation of excitement.

However the newest one was still extremely generic to me and I dont think the story is good. Seemed like a childs story, as did the older ones, and I marked the newest one to just that, sticking true to its older movies.

good movie, I probably wouldnt watch it again soon, and could go the rest of my life not seeing again, but I'm glad I saw it.
>>
>>65126568

>If a science fiction film lacks imagination then what makes it different from a soap opera?

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/george-lucas-explains-his-break-up-with-star-wars-says-franchise-is-a-soap-opera-and-not-about-spaceships-20151120

Forget about J.J. Abrams, George Lucas got BTFO.
>>
Dude, Chinese people don't even like the original trilogy.
>>
>>65126756
I thinks this anon describes perfectly the kind of spectator Hollywood executives are expecting, the exact human beign they're milking for money.

I'm glad chinese people don't think like you.

Different society, different money milking scams.
>>
>>65126568

The Chinese love Transformers and The Fast and the Furious. That's all you need to know about them.
>>
i thought china hates black people! they can't wait for mike tyson's ip man 3
>>
>no cultural relevance starting with OT onward

These movies will probably never make a dent in that place.
>>
File: 1452694440142.jpg (269 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1452694440142.jpg
269 KB, 1000x1333
>We make movies just to get money, fuck everything else
>>
>>65127129
Still more patrician than watching Shit Wars.
>>
>>65126568
They prefer no plot, MUH visuals like avatar and transformers xD. Not surprising really
>>
>>65127255
It is good you understand how Hollywood thinks anon.
>>
>>65126568
Most of TFA's success came from nostalgia. Of course everyone in America wanted to see it; just about everyone here has seen it.
China was still under communist lockdown when the first movies came out, so the people there don't have the same nostalgia for it. It doesn't have the same name draw.
>>
>>65127056
>>65127203
>You have to already be a fan of the franchise to enjoy the movie

Hallmark of a shitty movie relying on nostalgia T B H
>>
>why is TFA bombing in china
the ugly unknown black man and white women
>>
>>65127611
You're not supposed to mention the elephant in the room you bigot!
>>
>>65127129
That's true.
>>
>>65126568
>Chink audiences > American audiences
Yes, the country that's responsible for a Terminator Genysis sequel being made has better taste in movies than the States. You retard.
>>
>>65127129
They like robots and fast cars.

But they don't like american nostalgia.

I like them already.
>>
It's a sequel to a franchise that had its last film 10 years ago and never played in china during its original run. Also it has no asian actors in semi large roles. China cant into movies without asian actors in them.

Rogue One is coming out at the end of the year, it has two asian actors in prominent roles and it's a standalone film. It will probably do better.
>>
>>65127171
>Implying a fight between Donnie Yen and Mike Tyson isnt hype as fuck
>>
>yfw China copies Star Wars and creates the biggest box office hit
>>
Who cares? Disney will make more money based on merchandising and everything else.

It doesn't matter, people in the states will buy star wars bags and pens and toilet paper.
They won.

God help us when they build the "Star Wars" disneyland attraction.
>>
China loves the Fast and the Furious

I don't think their taste is particularly exceptional when you consider what they like basically comes down to "does it have a gook like us in it"
>>
>>65128874
>TFA tanks in China
>Disney change the scripts for the follow up movies to try to get the Chinese moviebux
>Luke now drives a space Bugatti Chiron that transforms into his new robot sidekick CH-0W
Let's be fair, I'd watch the shit out of that
>>
>>65129011
>God help us when they build the "Star Wars" disneyland attraction.
But there already is, and I'm pretty sure it has time travel involved.
>>
THANK YOU BASED CHINA
>>
File: 1453234098153.jpg (13 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1453234098153.jpg
13 KB, 500x370
>tfw even Roland Emmerich's shitty ID4 sequel does better in China than TFA
>>
>>65129187
The movie was that successful everywhere else that Disney really doesn't need to pander to China.
>>
>>65126756
It is literally a story for children though. I remember seeing Phantom Menace when it first came out, and I thought it was pretty sweet. I didn't see the next two or TFA, but I did catch Phantom Menace on HBO or something like a decade later. It absolutely sucked. I think people are just expecting too much out of the series.

It's made for 12-14 year old kids who want to see some laser swords and space.
Unfortunately, everybody seems to have autism about it.
>>
>>65129187
Me too.

It sounds incredible.
>>
I really don't care there are already like five more being made.
>>
>>65126568
>were confused by the plot and even heard snoring during screenings

"We need this." "Okay." SPACE ACTION

How fucking ADD are Chinese kids for finding this boring? Putting aside for a moment genuine criticisms of the movie, how can children not be gripped by the pewpew? I liked Phantom when it came out because I was fucking 7, and now it's boring.
>>
>>65129269
You will never understand how the minds of Disney executives work.

Wait for the next one and you will see China pandering.

screencap this shit, cause I'm right as vectors.
>>
It's kind of pathetic how you all are so bitter you're finding failure somewhere it isn't. This movie is already the 3rd highest grossing film in history and has already sold billions in merchandise.

Still a shit movie, though. Could have actually been alright if it was anything more than A New New Hope.
>>
>>65128850
But the sequel was cancelled. The Pacific Rim sequel too.
http://deadline.com/2016/01/terminator-2-pulled-off-schedule-paramount-1201687034/
>>
>>65126975
yes but those were the lucas films. Lucas wanted to, ultimately, write an epic tragedy about a warrior's fall and redemption. He did that. Anakin's story covered across six movies with him in opposite roles in each trilogy. Lucas's soap had its last episode, it ended in the right place.

Now JJ continuing that shit has rendered the last half of the story pretty much moot. Nothing that happened mattered, the Ewoks celebrated for nothing.
>>
>>65126568
>Some chinaman has more a more intelligent analysis of TFA than reddit letter media

These are amazing times we live in.
>>
As a CNfag I think I know why Star Wars never caught on in China.

SW is much like a popular genre of shows/movies called wuxia, but in space. Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan shits this garbage out all the time and people just got tired of it.
>>
>>65129610
>the Ewoks celebrated for nothing
wow what a travesty
>>
>>65126568
>All that nostalgia shit
People keep defending it as nods to the ot.
The only "nod" was the short line about clones.
>>
>>65127397
>TFA
>Plot

Hyper Kek
>>
>>65126568

china smart enough to know it's shit

there's no hope for murikeks

get BTFO
>>
>CHINA WILL SAVE IT!!

We kept telling you fucking star fag retards that they didn't fucking even know what the fuck star wars was until last year
>>
>>65129269

>we made enough money

said no executive ever

this board really has no fucking idea how this industry works does it?
>>
IT'S GOING TO BEAT AVATAR GUYS
IT'S GOING TO BE A HIT IN CHINA
>>
I still haven't seen it because of you guys reacting bad to it.
>>
File: camoo.jpg (69 KB, 392x332) Image search: [Google]
camoo.jpg
69 KB, 392x332
>>65126568

good riddance
>>
>The "Avatar" trilogy becomes the highest-grossing trilogy of all time, with over $9b at the worldwide box office combined
>the highly-anticipated sequel, Avatar 4, is expected to become the first movie to gross over $5b at the box office
>>
I don't know why all of these deluded nostalgiafags didn't see that it was a 2-hour rehash fest with almost no sense of real peril and mostly a bunch of whimsical Disney Channel tier quips and hijinks
>>
Flop confirmed.
>>
>>65129927
I know how you feel, I just dont want to be ostracized by disliking Star Wars
>>
>>65129578
>Pacific Rim 2 pulled
FUCK
I was looking forward to that one
>>
>>65129121
>he thinks they like it because there's a Korean in it

That must be why 7 was so popular.

You know, the one without him.
>>
File: rotj.jpg (395 KB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
rotj.jpg
395 KB, 2400x1200
>>65129691
Daily reminder they all had miserable lives and failed at everything
>>
>>65129968
It's because there were other giant monster movies coming out and they thought it would split the box office. But GDT is adamant it'll get made eventually. Just like all his other cancelled projects.
>>
>>65129963

I do like Star Wars, I'm disappointed Disney hyped my ass up for this

now they're in full damage control mode and pushing the release of the next one later
>>
>>65129560

kanjiklub to have super fight scene confirmed
>>
>>65130053
Not Mountains of Madness.
>>
>>65129811

if that were true nothing would ever get made except for transformers and marvel sequels

there actually is a certain amount of profit that placates executives. that's why every genre that isnt action blockbuster or comedy still gets releases, and sequels even
>>
>>65128974

Rogue One is literally a prequel and even more beholden to nostalgia and knowledge and interest in the older films.
>>
>>65126568
AVATAR China Gross : 200 million
STAR WARS 7 China Gross: 100 million (so far)

China is not that fucking important. And they have already milked it pretty good.
>>
File: 1439509635785.png (277 KB, 359x431) Image search: [Google]
1439509635785.png
277 KB, 359x431
>>65127129
>like beautiful women, amazing cars, giant robots and stories that focus on brotherhood and trust
>dislike jewish race-mixing propaganda veiled with a nostalgia blanket thinner than rice paper

Be more like the Chinese.
>>
>>65130045
I hate that if you mention this to people, they're like
>IT'S LIKE REAL LIFE MAN
>PEOPLE DON'T GET HAPPY ENDINGS
>IT'S SO DEEP
Nigga it's a fucking movie with fictional characters. I want the happy ending that I got 30 years ago
>>
>>65129011
>Who cares? Disney will make more money based on merchandising and everything else.

Gee. Suddenly I feel so much better. Because Disney making money is the joy in my life.
>>
>>65130053

It was cancelled because the U.S. financiers wouldn't come to the table. It was only even hinted at because Legendary is opening a Chinese division (which is what it was going to be produced under) and needs slot fillers for it's pre-purchased positions.

The American finance side just couldn't see a way to justify the U.S. investment. If Del Taco can make it in the 50 million or so range that Chinese blockbusters work in and load the cast and crew with Chinese staff, it could still happen for sure.
>>
>>65129610
>the Ewoks celebrated for nothing.
The ewoks celebrated their massive hit to the empire and the rise of the new republic. It can be assumed there were a couple years of peace after the battle of jakku.
>>
>>65126568
China needs to complain about Finn, it's the only chance we have of not getting BLACKED in the next movie.
>>
>>65130179
Avatar grossed $200m when China's total box office for the year was $1.4b.

TFA will gross $120m in a year where China's total box office is $6.9b
>>
The last 15 minutes of the movie were fine.
Rest was just literally just rehash of old jokes and characters trying to appeal to nostalgiafags.
>>
>>65126568
Made over $100m in less than two weeks, and this is considered "bombing"?
>>
>>65130322
I wonder what a 50 million dollar Pacific Rim 2 would look like
>>
>>65130389
Terminator Genisys made $100m in less time.
>>
>>65130359
fuck you. Boyega turned out to be based. If anything needs changing it's muhRey Sue.
>>
>>65130359
>Racist bastard, pray to the gooks to save him from race superiority.
>>
Look, I'd take a token Chinese actor over a token black any day of the week.
>>
File: qt a.png (708 KB, 594x741) Image search: [Google]
qt a.png
708 KB, 594x741
>>65130482
This. Specially if it's some cute asian girl.
>>
>>65130045
>>65130269
my star wars nerd friends have the same reaction. Han literally went back, Luke ran away and all went to shit and back again. So deppressing.

i dont understand what my friends liked when they first saw the OT (i kinda get the nerd desire to go deeper and have darker shit but at some point it becomes self-defeating)
>>
>>65130423
Nice strawman, what's your point other than being wrong, famantha?
>>
>>65130359
>that fucking face
>>
>>65126568
China doesn't like niggers.
I'm serious. They haven't been PC brainwashed like the west. If they replaced Booga with a white actor they'd like it better. If it was a Chinese actor they'd like it A LOT better.
>>
File: 1427059884520.jpg (31 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
1427059884520.jpg
31 KB, 680x591
>>65126568
Female and black leads were a mistake. I'm glad based China is setting Hollywood straight about this PC shit.
>>
>>65127129
I thought the last Transformers was good fun.
>>
>>65130519
The same thing happened in the EU literally the same thing since TFA aped it completely but that's it's own thing but there was a certain disconnect since they weren't the movies. Plus, it doesn't help that TFA did it 30 years later after shit was already established. Left a sour note
>>
>>65130080
>Not Mountains of Madness
Makes me sad to think about that it was canceled because of Prometheus
>>
File: cry.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
cry.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>65130642
>Jackie Chan will never play Finn
>>
>>65130434
Boyega doesn't sell toys
>>
Rice > Hamburgers

I'm not a fan of the series but i've seen them all multiple times, this one was even worse than episode 1 to me.

Agree with the criticism in OP, so sick of 'lol family'. Also, the dindu and female empowerment seemed forced, chinks are even more racist so that was probably a factor.
>>
>>65130359
>>65130642
>>65130657
This is a meme. Fast and Furious movies are way more diverse and killing it at the Chinese box office.
>>
>>65130666
That would make you an absolute fucking moron then. Congrats.
>>
Next star wars episode they are killing off fin and poe both being killed by kylo ren. After that it will continue with rey and new actress as another main character.
>>
>>65130872
Fast and Furious have a bunch of nignogs but the leads are still white males.

Also, chinks really love cars, and they don't have the same passion for Star Wars.
>>
File: 1441647198313.png (199 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1441647198313.png
199 KB, 600x600
>>65126568
They aint watching it because unlike us they are not brainwashed into thinking that rap and black culture is Cool like Will Smith.

To much black guy in film. NO China bucks

END OF STORY.
>>
>>65129560
I hope so, because it means Finn just mysteriously gets recast as a white dude and nobody will ever mention it.

It'll be like when Becky got replaced on Roseanne.
>>
>>65130944
New actress will also be a chink just to add to it.
>>
>>65130836
It really wasn't. They hated the OT even more when it was finally shown there.

They just can't relate to a story they have no nostalgia for. It'd be like one of their long running wuxia family dramas trying to make it big in America.

The cultural gap was just too huge. Star Wars has basically become part of the American zeitgeist, whereas there it's just a bizarre soap opera in space.
>>
File: 1446661945914.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1446661945914.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>can't understand a generic plot
>same people who love Transformers, Jurassic World, and Fast and Furious
Holy fucking shit. I hated TFA but goddamn China is mother fucking pleb as shit.
>>
>>65130948

>Vin Diesel

>white
>>
>>65131057
He's white enough for the chinks
>>
File: itstime.gif (637 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
itstime.gif
637 KB, 624x352
>>65131026
>hating Fast and Furious
Take a look at this cuck.
>>
>>65130948
Vin Diesel isn't white and Paul Walker has basically been the token white guy in those movies for a while now.
>>
>>65130951
>They aint watching it
>$101m in 10 days

Clearly, they fucking are watching it, you fucking faghouse.
>>
>>65130642
I don't think they give a shit about black people either way. Also, because their practice of killing girls has left their demographics skewed, Chinese men have been getting African wives.

The movie is just mediocre; and because Chinese people don't have a complex about blacks they say so.
>>
>>65130697
yeah EU seemed more forgiveable and "not really THAT real".

More like people shooting the shit and seeing what felt right, what sticked and what was mostly shit (99,9999%).

I at least expected Han to be a Nick Fury esque general or something with a thorn on his side bc of Kylo. At least something mildly new that didnt yelled "nobody lives happy ever after".
>>
File: mfw.gif (490 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
490 KB, 500x300
>>65131137
>has
You mean "was".
>>
>>65130872

> way more diverse

I have two Chinese roommates.

The only thing they dislike about the F and F movies are the two black guys.

I tried telling them Vin Diesel is probably half black but they refused to believe me.

They also keep referring to half black, half Samoan The Rock as "Maori" (which they believe is half Asian).

It's a weird perspective they have.
>>
File: hey cuz.jpg (63 KB, 851x402) Image search: [Google]
hey cuz.jpg
63 KB, 851x402
>>65131081
>>
That's a legitimate criticism but we all know they're really just scared of blacks.
>>
>>65131137
>>65131057
are you people /pol or sjws? Is this a "one drop" thing?

how is this >>65131081 not white? He's some guido
>>
File: 1453053935517.png (76 KB, 578x572) Image search: [Google]
1453053935517.png
76 KB, 578x572
>>65130872
>way more diverse
>2 black comic relief side characters
>>
>>65130666
Satan likes dinosaur giant robots

FACT
A
C
T
>>
File: hair.jpg (45 KB, 399x550) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
45 KB, 399x550
>>65131208
>this hair
>guido
>>
>>65131208
For /pol/ it's a "one drop" thing, for blacks it's a "WE WUZ" thing.
>>
>>65131235
>2 black comic relief side characters
>2
Hey man, that's DOUBLE the black comic relief side characters of TFA.
>>
>>65131267
yeah literally my brother's hair, portuguese + spanish family

he even played some italian dude in Private Ryan? Or do you think Spielberg was going for a "blacks were also there" lol?

>>65131272
for SJWs there's also the "there are 6 nazis out there who think Paul Walker isn't truly white since he doesnt 'pass' in 100% of all possible situations therefore he isnt white"
>>
>>65126568

>"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" proved a big draw in China, the world's second-largest movie market, grossing an estimated $53 million in ticket sales in its first two days in theaters. That studio-estimated gross is the biggest Saturday-Sunday box-office opening ever in China.

>-la times

how is it bombing in China if it had the biggest two day opening ever? not meeting aggressive profit expectations is one thing, bombing another, mate.
>>
>>65131208
Guidos aren't white either.
>>
>>65131235
Roman > Finn
>>
File: MONSTER-HUNT-poster-70x100cm.jpg (508 KB, 1121x1600) Image search: [Google]
MONSTER-HUNT-poster-70x100cm.jpg
508 KB, 1121x1600
>>65131192
>It's a weird perspective they have.

It is, but it's also funny to see Americans trying to explain Chinese attitudes in simplified terms.

The fact is that their mindsets are so alien to us that we can't even begin to make sense of it.

It's not that they can't grasp complex plots, it's that our complex plots usually have a lot of cultural baggage tied to it, and giant robots or fast cars are just more universal.

Pic related, the highest grossing movie in China of all time.

Seriously, of all fucking time.
>>
>>65131017
At least ep 1 had 'unique' worlds and creatures, all this one has is nostalgia.
>>
>>65131372
It didn't have the biggest two-day opening ever. Furious 7 made $15m more in its opening day than TFA did in that 2-day period.

The fact is, no movie since 2011 has opened on a Saturday in China, so that's clever marketing bullshit to make it seem like the movie is doing better than it really is. It's literally competing against nothing.
>>
>>65131367
>Portuguese
Yeah, like I said, he's black.
>>
>>65131483
It fucking amazes me that the guy you're talking to didn't notice this right off the bat.

I can't understand how we live in a world where sophistry is considered lying, but marketing is an honest job.
>>
>>65131465
What the fuck are you even talking about? It's not complicated: They were raised in a different culture with different media. They have nostalgia for different things.

That's it. All entertainment and art is subjective. As /tv/ constantly reminds us.
>>
>>65131483
indeed, no doubt they fudge around with dates and such for better numbers. however, the point i was trying to make is that TFA didn't exactly BOMB, it just didn't match aggressive expectations. $125 in China is not bomb numbers, Star Wars or not.
>>
>>65131208

Vin Diesel is a mulatto.
>>
>>65131629
>>65131525
jesus you weirdo americans

his skin is fairer than Paul Walker's here >>65131081
>>
>>65131621
It's not a bomb, but it's a spectacular underperformance given the intense marketing and focus Disney put on making TFA a huge success in China, and industry projections which were generally between $200 and $300m. It's underperforming in comparison to its peers like Jurassic World, too.
>>
>>65131543
you're amazed that someone is not well-versed on Chinese movie market opening dates? wut?
>>
>>65131582
Yeah that's what I said.

It's not about hating blacks or complicated stories, it's about the cultural appeal.

Monster Hunt would be seen by /tv/ as racemixing propaganda but it's doing just fine there.
>>
>>65131725
he has a ugly fat face, muscles and shaved head

so he's "black"
>>
>>65131725
He is a half-breed who desperately wishes he was white.
>>
>>65131766
>not doing a little bit of background research instead of being fed lies by the Disney spin machine
>>
>>65130434
my ma didn't like him and thought he was annoying. so did many other old people
>>
>/tv/ fucking sayng that the transformers are good movies just to spit star wars fans

you fuckers are disgusting...i didnt like TFA but i will never defend transformers...thats just low standards
>>
>>65131730
indeed, no argument there. i guess the term BOMB was used in a hyperbolic way. movie made money, just not as much as projected. it still didn't tank like Blackhat.
>>
>>65131880
you don't like our Ching Chong overlords?
>>
File: Rashida Jones and parents.jpg (114 KB, 1200x977) Image search: [Google]
Rashida Jones and parents.jpg
114 KB, 1200x977
>>65131725

That's because his father was the negro. When it comes to racial characteristics children generally take after the mother more. Interacial couples with white women produce better looking kids than couples with white males, it's a fact.
>>
>>65131814
want to hear something funny? i do seasonal production work for Disney. doesn't change the fact that the film didn't bomb and no one i have spoken to professionally considers it so.
>>
>>65131987
>When it comes to racial characteristics children generally take after the mother more
Gonna need sauce on that.
>>
>>65131788
>who desperately wishes he was white.

nah, he's a chill guy and a huge nerd. He owns the rights to Riddick and admitted to playing WoW and D&D
>>
>>65131987
wow you just made up a whole load of nonsense and ignored a fuckload of blonde moms with fuzzy-haired claybeasts who look nothing like them
>>
>>65131766
I'm amazed you see "Biggest Saturday-Sunday opening" and don't immediately smell the bullshit someone is feeding you. Why didn't they, like you (or whoever I responded to), use "biggest two day opening"?

I didn't mean to zero in on you or that guy specifically, it's just that I live in a world where literally millions of dollars is shifted around because people can't spot stupid little details like that. Popularity affects purchasing decisions, which is what marketing is all about, so when I see people get so easily misled it starts to put a damp on my faith in humanity.
>>
>>65132072
Nobody is claiming the film bombed, but if you don't see how as that other guy stated, 120 million in a 6.1 billion dollar market is chump change for what Disney was after, then you are missing the point.
>>
>>65132409
And what is the biggest grossing picture in China?
>>
To be quite honest asian cinema has overtaken Hollywood. Hollywood has become so dumbed down.
>>
>>65127470
You are out of touch, anon. Pls don't quote your 5th edition history book.
>>
>Wanting to be more like China in film tastes
For the love of fuck why? I can't wait for the next 10 years when China starts blocking foreign movies full stop.
>>
>>65128980
>Romance of The Three Kingdoms: In Space
I'd probably give it a watch.
>>
Chinks like Terminator Genisys
>>
How amazing would it be to live in a country where you're not systematically indoctrinated into hating your own race from birth? I miss you every day, Hitler-kun.
>>
>>65130045
>>65130269

it's less about being deep and more about TFA would be boring as fuck if everyone had happy endings for 30 years

Would you be nearly excited for Twin Peaks Season 3 if Cooper went into the Black Lodge and defeated BOB once and for all in the season 2 finale? Of course not.
>>
>>65130872

It's not """""diversity"""" they don't like, it's the fact that Booga is visibly subhumanoid to a comical degree.
>>
>>65127585
I'm a fan and I don't like the movie lol
>>
Why does it even matter

Stars wars plebs go away pls
>>
File: 09.jpg (34 KB, 540x708) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
34 KB, 540x708
>>65126568
>were confused by the plot and even heard snoring during screenings

What, was it because they hadn't seen the original trilogy? It's the only reason why they wouldn't get it. It's literally get the space sword and then deliver the space sword to the space wizard.
>>
>>65130045
What about Lando? He better be in 8, or at least mentioned.
>>
>>65131192
Have you actually seen the rocks parents? He isn't half nigger.
>>
File: Rocky-Johnson.jpg (45 KB, 252x360) Image search: [Google]
Rocky-Johnson.jpg
45 KB, 252x360
>>65135358
This is the Rock's dad. Are you retarded?
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.