[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Luke has no lines I'm still pissed off about that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: mad pepe.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
mad pepe.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>Luke has no lines

I'm still pissed off about that
>>
>>64577006
Same. He looked like he was just about to speak, too. Like dafuq?
>>
>Rey is a Mary Sue to end all Mary Sues
>the plot is a rehash of ANH with a little bit of ESB and RotJ thrown in
>the new characters are shit (the emo sith is the best written one and that says a lot)
>we're given no context or setting to the story so we have no idea what the fuck is the situation in the movie's universe
>constant nostalgia baiting
>pace way too rushed
>quippy, marvel like humour

I'm still pissed off about that
>>
>>64577183
>quippy, marvel like humour

ok, all your complaints up until this made sense. What was "quippy" about the humor? I actually quite liked the majority of it as did the audience the two times I went to see it.
>>
>>64577241
I worded it badly. It wasn't necessarily bad humour and I chuckled a few times but a lot of the time I felt like it slightly clashed with the movies tone and there were moments where it took me out of the movie (droid please, Finn not understanding a simple head gesture, cute boyfriend)

I know OT was quite lighthearted but it always felt like the jokes there were in sync with the rest of the movie while some of the TFA ones felt shoehorned just for the sake of it.
>>
It's about the journey to Luke, not actually about Luke himself. Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>64577241
i was just too... marvel i guess? it felt like the avengers when everyone HAD to be funny and make cute little one liners. like when poe asked whos supposed to talk, it kind of takes you out of the scene. its not that the humor was bad, it just seemed out of place where they decided to put it. another example is the banter during the TIE escape. when you inject humor into a scene like that it makes you not really afraid of the bad guys. for a scene that shouldve been suspenseful and make us think that holy shit theyre running from a SD, it ruins that suspense
>>
Would you rather him say something like,

Finally, the force awakens
>>
>>64577556
i think it would be brilliant if he got choked up and whispered "rey" and then the credits rolled
>>
>Luke and Han never meet
>>
>using a generic sequel hook in a fucking star wars movie
it was bad enough they did it in terminator
>>
>>64577006
If you haven't noticed every final scene of every Star Wars movie has no dialog. even the prequels.
>>
>>64577582
more like "gay"

better lines
>"Get the fuck out, no Mary Sues allowed in Jedi sacred grounds."
>"You're a big girl."
>>
>>64577832
a Joker maniacal laugh and cut to black would've been fine too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.