[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's his best film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1417273466558.jpg (184 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
1417273466558.jpg
184 KB, 1363x2048
What's his best film?
>>
>>64517501
Probably Interstellar.
I'm still waiting for him to make enough money to make whatever movie he wants the way he wants to.
He has too much creativity not to be planning something and he seems to know how to work the business.
>>
>>64517501

Man of Steel
>>
File: reddit-head.png (87 KB, 736x622) Image search: [Google]
reddit-head.png
87 KB, 736x622
Hello my fellow 4channers! Im from the reddit but i have decided to use tis mighty fine site for some epic memes XD. But i was a little disturbed by all the woman hate and sexism. I just think we can all accept our inherent cis male privilege and let the women and trans women decide whats ok or not to say. I don't really think some of your behavior is "ayy lmao" like you people say. I hope 4channers and redditors can post some dank pepes (LOL) together. Now an ending quote from the greatest director of all time

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
- christopher nolan
>>
File: ive put it on will i die.jpg (74 KB, 555x787) Image search: [Google]
ive put it on will i die.jpg
74 KB, 555x787
>>64517501

YOURE A BIG QUESTION
>>
>>64517501
Memento.
>>
Top 3 are The Dark Knight, Inception and The Prestige. Interstellar and Memento are goddamn great too though. Dunkirk will be le oscarbait.
>>
I like Inception best as it's just a silly fun movie that doesn't try too hard to be deep. I like his other movies though, but I feel like he's best at just straight up action with as little pretense as possible.
>>
>>64517501
He only makes flicks
>>
>>64517557
>I'm still waiting for him to make enough money to make whatever movie he wants the way he wants to

Pretty sure that was Inception desu
>>
>>64517569

hi ribbit
Dylan Thomas wrote that poem, not Big Guy Nolan.

go and google who Dylan Thomas was and then return and explain it to your boyfriends.
>>
The Dark Knight honestly
>>
>>64517745
Not likely. Inception had a typical Hollywood cast to bring people in with celebrity names, enough action scenes to draw people in with that and enough of a dumbed downed plot compared to what it could have been so as not to lose the dumber people in the audience.
>>
>>64517501
His best film is The Prestige and if you disagree you're reddit
>>
>>64517811
He's working in the blockbuster market. Inception is hardly has a dumbed down plot relative to the other tentpole releases. Would it have been a better movie if it wasn't made for such a wide audience? Yes. But as far as wide audience releases go he's far ahead of anything the other people making the films that make that much money are doing.
>>
>>64518078
And I'm not arguing against that.
I believe he's skilled at taking interesting and creative ideas and compromising so that the movies are a success.
That said, I personally hope that he's saving up money to make movies that he won't have to compromise.
>>
>>64517982
this
>>
>>64517982
Dr. Pavel, I'm reddit
And I agree
>>
>>64518129
I'd like to see him go back and try to make something smaller on a lower budget again but I doubt it will happen. Even as a Nolan apologist it's obvious that the acclaim has went to his head and he's set on going "BIGGER" every time, bringing out his worst tendencies.
>>
>>64518261
I think its more a matter of people expecting more out of him each time.
But after Interstellar I think he may be ready for a slow down, because I can't see him going bigger than that.
>>
>>64518129
His problem is that he needs somebody other then his fucking brother editing his scripts. He's a terrible fucking dialogue writer and he has no idea what the meaning of subtlety is. He's great at coming up with creative and original ideas though.
>>
Whichever one's the shortest.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.