[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: victoria_ver2_xlg.jpg (308 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
victoria_ver2_xlg.jpg
308 KB, 1060x1500
Thoughts?
>>
Really bad movie, one take element ended up a detriment
First 20 minutes when it felt like a second rate Korine were the best part
End shootout and getaway were absolute shit and felt like they belonged to a different movie than the rest of it.
Characters were also garbage caricatures
The short fuse
The dumb guy
The Good clean cut guy
The suave jokester
The girl
basically if you haven't seen it don't
>>
It's seriously impressive on a technical level. I can't wrap my head around the logistics of how they made it work and the one-take is well utilised - it makes you feel like part of the group and part of the action.
The characters were good, the dialogue is great, the performances are great, there area few really good tense as fuck scenes and the main girl is a qt.

But it's 2,5 fucking hours long, it drags a LOT in places, nothing basically happens in the first hour and the story is very basic with little having to offer.
Also towards the end the characters start making ridiculously stupid decisions that makes you hate them. And I know they were on drugs but still.
The sound editing is also clumsy.

Overall I don't know. If you stripped 45 minutes, and fixed some issues and this could've been MOTY.
But as it stands a bit of a mess.
>>
File: victoria-2015-film.jpg (37 KB, 880x474) Image search: [Google]
victoria-2015-film.jpg
37 KB, 880x474
how can she be so cute?
>>
bump for discussion
>>
>>64502391
>>64502595

Did you watch it in German? I actually went to the cinema for it, a friend recommended it.

They actually filmed three versions and then chose the best. Outstanding work, if you look at it as a whole, but with the flaws you mentioned, bland characters, basic story, etc.

Still very good and maybe the best film I saw in cinema last year.

Main guy is a great actor by the way, really good casting choice.
>>
>>64503980

>Did you watch it in German?

well Victoria speaks in english but other people in german... that's how it's supposed to be right?
>>
Just finished watching it. Sure, it has it's flaws, but it's a technical marvel. An astonishing film; I wasn't bored the entire duration. It would have worked better if Victoria was a tourist, I just can't see her getting away clean at the end of the movie.

Loved the part where he enters the cafe and goes "nice hotel, uhhh I mean cafe." The actors really felt like they were distressed at times not because of their situation, but because of the one-take. It felt like a great combination, the style of the film and the plot.

Negative points for not seeing Victoria's titties, unfortunately. So sad, the film had great potential.
>>
>>64504076

Yes. I was just curios if they dubbed the guys' dialogue in the English version. Or were they subtitled? Or did you watch it in German as well?

The Berlinyouth slang was one of the better parts in my opinion. Felt really genuine.
>>
Bretty good
>>
Best movie of 2015, desu.
>>
It was very good up until the last 20 minutes. The sudden shootout was a bit over the top in comparison to the rest of the story and the tension just evaporated for me although the decision to take the baby put a lump in my throat.

The naturalistic acting was superb and the one shot idea helped ramp up the tension really well. From when they drive to the underground car park until they dump the car was brilliantly done.

It wasn't actually one shot though right? It was subtle edits similar to Children of Men wasn't it?
>>
>>64505938
Scratch that imdb says it was one shot, but it also says a part was cut from the final version of the movie. Not sure how that works.
>>
>>64505938
No I thought so too, but it was actually shot 3 times during 3 nights as a whole. The last shot was the one you can see now.
>>
>>64505938

It was just one shot. Birdman was digitally cut, but this was really just one shot. You can see it when the perspective changes, when they had to adjust the focal point.
>>
Impressive from a technical point of view, bringing the camera everywhere while always maintaining a good framing and focus might have been hard, they didn't fuck up (actors and crew). However the flick was a bit too long in my opinion, the improvised dialogue and "natural" acting (if we can call it like that) has its flaws (the piano scene was laughable, but in a bad way) and by the end, I really wanted it to end because it dragged a bit, as if the actors didn't know what the fuck they were supposed to do, how to movie is supposed to end.

Also the club scene at the beginning destroyed my eyes.
>>
>>64506151
>Also the club scene at the beginning destroyed my eyes.
yes, It was fuckin awesome to see that on the big screen!
>>
>>64506151
>the piano scene was laughable, but in a bad way

haha this
why even bother having that scene when it's so obvious that your actors can't play piano at all
>>
That moment where they all start sperging out in their own native languages was pretty funny
>>
wow, u guys need to stop sucking each others cock...calm the fuck down. The movie was decent at best.
>>
>>64502174

Is this based in Cologne Arab Gang New Years Eve Rape events? So fast, 4 days and they have a movie alredy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.