[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not only was Rey a terrible character but she was played by a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Rey-and-Han.jpg (107 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
Rey-and-Han.jpg
107 KB, 655x380
Not only was Rey a terrible character but she was played by a terrible actress.
>>
While also being in a terrible flick

The Terrible Trinity
>>
OFFICIAL REY THOUGHTS -- OFFICIAL REY THOUGHTS -- OFFICIAL REY THOUGHTS

acting: whatever, it was serviceable. she was overly incredulous sometimes, and being next to based boyega made her look worse, but it wasn't below 6/10

she is definitely OP and poorly written
i hope she'll get nerfed or otherwise improved in forthcoming movies
i did enjoy the jakku introduction, with the scavenging/eating/living in AT-AT. really nice sequence, and her theme is also probably the best part of the score

i think she was pretty likeable, despite occasionally being a little bit annoying.
>>
not her fault that the movie was made by a bunch of corporate suits
>>
>>64485441
i loved the character her acting was superb
>>
It was cute when she closed her eye and aimed the gun in that scene.
>>
File: hot for gramps.webm (158 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
hot for gramps.webm
158 KB, 720x404
>>
>>64485441
Movie was pretty good. She was a more-than-adequately written and acted protagonist by any comparable or measurable standard. The film wasn't literally perfect but it was incredibly enjoyable and easily the best tentpole of 2015.

The complaint hivemind is largely about relatively petty unexplained things that were easily explained by context clues provided in the film, which people seem to be forgetting is a fantasy-space opera where people use magic to fight with lasers.

There's more than enough exposition and context provided to make Rey's abilities conceivable, and it's become apparent that the term "Mary Sue" no longer means what it did 3 weeks ago. It seems evidently clear that quite a few of the complaints may be rooted in the fact that the protagonist is a female.

Logical nitpicks and the Meme of the Mary Sue aside, the film was well paced, found an adequate balance between humor and drama, and was a return to the tone and sense of propulsive adventure in the gritty lived-in world of the original trilogy, that was all missing from the prequel trilogy.

>Empire
>Hope
>Force
>Jedi
>Sith
>Clones
>Phantom
>>
>>64486848

I'm sorry that you took the time to type out this rambling waste of a post
>>
>>64485441
OT > TFa >= 3 >rest of pt
>>
>>64486911
I'm sorry that you're sorry. Didn't mean to upset your delicate sensibilities.
>>
>>64485441

Who would you have cast?
>>
bait
>>
>>64486930
cool generic opinion bro
>>
File: 5918057556_46ffbc2f26.jpg (49 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
5918057556_46ffbc2f26.jpg
49 KB, 500x213
>>64487093
you want variety, fine

6>5>4>7>=3>2>1

hate me if you wish
>>
>>64487152
Your lack of taste is disturbing.
>>
>>64487201
your faith in your taste is your weakness
>>
>>64485441
oh ok, suck a dick
>>
>>64485441
THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME WAY I DO.
>>
>>64486339
mirin hard as fuck.
>>
>>64485441
i liked her, plus she was a qt
>>
>>64487436
-Said 80% of /tv/ endlessly
>>
>>64485441
This is true

Boyega was alright

Adam Driver was actually a good actor
>>
>>64485441
I think she more feel into a category of poorly written but likable character who was played by a cute but average actress. Although I don't think any Star Wars movie is ideal for seeing ANY actors best performance.

>>64486339
Was there music playing when they were standing around or is it a brit thing to hold your hands and kind of motion back and forth.
>>
>>64486848
The film was about as enjoyable as a typical Marvel flick; it's only good as a sensory experience. There was no depth to it because it was rushed. They tried to fit too much into too little. The pacing was off; there were no moments to slow down and take in the experience. If you did, you would realize the flaws in the story and the shallowness of the entire production.
All the actors did their best and none were too bad. Oscar Isaac and John Boyega were pretty good, Daisy played the character she was told to play, and everyone else did their part. The flaws lie with JJ and the writing team, who were clearly under the thumb of Disney's marketing department. JJ tried to make a homage but ended up making a fanfiction, which, while not inherently bad, would be considered equal to films like the Avengers if not for the Star Wars name.
>>
I wish I could smell Daisy Ridley after one of her workouts.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.