[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck You Disney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 6
File: force-awakens-sad-leia-680x400.jpg (33 KB, 680x400) Image search: [Google]
force-awakens-sad-leia-680x400.jpg
33 KB, 680x400
I genuinely don't understand how anyone claiming to be a fan of the OT could stomach TFA.
>events of ROTJ get rendered meaningless
>characters we love are all raped
>han became a piece of shit father and leaves his only love in the universe
>same guy who risked everything in a fight he had no interest in
>Luke ran away like a pussy after darth emo somehow murders everyone
>same guy who faced down the two most powerful individuals in the entire galaxy
>leia a shriveled up old hag leading a pitiful group of 'resistance' forgives son for murdering countless innocents
>same person who did not cower in the face of the terrifying vader
>lightsabers being crazy unique completely raped for the sake of a movie poster
>rape of the force mythos essentially renders the struggles and obstacles jedis and sith have dealt with for thousands of years

Seriously, fuck disney and fuck anyone who likes this high budget youtube video
>>
>>64618105

>han became a piece of shit father and leaves his only love in the universe

literally a theme of the movie is people running away from their problems instead of dealing with them. Han had no real reason to leave Leia, he just couldn't deal with the guilt of losing Han

>rape of the force mythos essentially renders the struggles and obstacles jedis and sith have dealt with for thousands of years

Yeah, the guy who wrote Yoda in ESB (unarguably the best movie of the franchise) clearly has no grasp of the Force, clearly he should have taken prequel and EU bullshit into consideration

rest of your autismal buzzwordy complaints aren't even worth a response
>>
>>64618105
>>
>>64618189
It's unlikely kasdan handled the nuances of the force you fucking retard, GL was likely king

> TFA having a theme
Are you fucking serious? They did it because they are lazy as fuck writers, they wanted to bank on fucking idiots like you to pay for it
>>
File: what is this.jpg (23 KB, 720x288) Image search: [Google]
what is this.jpg
23 KB, 720x288
>>64618105
pssst: 'soft reboot'

i.e. they don't give a shit about your OT, PT, EU or anything else that came before it.
>>
>>64618105
I said this shit so many times when I saw the premiere, I can't even be bothered wasting anymore breath on it. Star Wars died after the OT, but damn, Di$ney is raping the corpse.
>>
>>64618235
Obviously, problem is the movies are the top of the canon pyramid, it's not adapting a comic or novel source, which means all future movies, comics, novels and games are irreparably damaged by the retarded shit disney pulled
>>
>>64618230
>It's unlikely kasdan handled the nuances of the force you fucking retard, GL was likely king

George Lucas had next to zero involvement in ESB besides a basic story outline. This is well known, faggot. The same person who wrote ESB could not come up with midichlorians because these concepts are completely antithetical to each other

>TFA having a theme

>Han leaves Leia because he can't deal with the guilt of losing Ben
>Finn wants to run away from the First Order
>Luke left the known galaxy after losing all of his Jedi apprentices
>Rey literally runs out of the castle when she learns about the force and wants to go back to her safe existence in the desert of Jakku

yeah I guess these were just all coincidences because FUCKING KIKES JEWS NIGGERS SJWS BUZZWORDS AGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHH
>>
>>64618272
But the comics have been pretty bad from the start. I'm not saying there aren't diamonds in the dung heap but it's mostly shit.
>>
File: 1418684403469.jpg (36 KB, 800x646) Image search: [Google]
1418684403469.jpg
36 KB, 800x646
>>64618297
I'm not denying that, but comics have been getting novel-worthy authors over the last decade, some really killer stories have come out. A fresh EU coulda been great if handled properly
>but
>>
>>64618105
Fuck off manchild
>>
>lightsabers

Totally acceptable imo. Vibro and plasma weapons are widely used in the galaxy. Lightsabers were only unique because the Jedi religion had a monopoly on making them.

They didn't require the Force to use, just to use well and block blaster bolts and all that cool shit.

Anybody can pick one up and hack away with it and all fanboys know this, so now we've forced casual fags to understand it too. They aren't the most amazing, unstoppable weapon in the galaxy.
>>
>>64618105
>leia a shriveled up old hag leading a pitiful group of 'resistance' forgives son for murdering countless innocents
Did you miss the part where Luke does the exact fucking same thing with Vader? Oh right, but that rapes ROTJ's memory
>>
>>64618288
>basic story outline
and what, you think that doesn't include the in-verse laws of the force?

>mental gymnastics
All you did is describe the garbage ass plot devices they setup for the movie, there was no deeper theme, we're talking about fucking jar jar hackbrams gtfo
>>
>>64618416
>and what, you think that doesn't include the in-verse laws of the force?

No, because how the Force was depicted in a script written by Lawrence Kasdan is completely different in the script written by George Lucas

> there was no deeper theme, we're talking about fucking jar jar hackbrams gtfo

THERE WAS NO DEEPER THEME BECAUSE I SAY SO HURRR DURR NIGGERS SJWS JAR JAR HACKBRAMS (while I defend George Lucas in the same breath lmao) DURRRRRRRRR fuck the jews
>>
>>64618400
I won't bring up the logistics of lightsabers since that might technically be canoned out (lightsabers are pretty fucking cool explained ina technical way, so fuck disney again)

Even then, Luke only uses a lightsaber briefly in ANH on the falcon, WHILE being guided by Obi-Wan, never again until significant time passes and he likely has been chillin with force ghost obi-wan learning shit.

Anakin, the god damn mother fucking messiah, isn't seen with sabers until AOTC MANY years passing WHILE being around a fuckton of Jedi Masters including god damn yoda and obi-wan. Anakin goes on to get WRECKED by dooku

FYI the technical part is lightsaber blades are weightless, thus you need the force to sense where the blade is, otherwise you are more likely to cut off your own hand then someone elses.
>>
>>64618413

Luke never knew about the Purge.

Kenobi certainly never told him and Yoda was always too worried about Luke losing his cool so probably kept it a secret also.

The archives were destroyed and he lived in the Outer Rim his entire life, it is unlikely anyone who knew first hand ever made it out there and happened to meet him.
>>
>>64618490
>Luke never knew about the Purge.
>Kenobi certainly never told him

"Vader helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights"

He tells him in their very first conversation about the Force. It's like you haven't even seen the fucking movies, you're just complaining about nothing because you wanted to hate the new movie
>>
>>64618490
Quite so. I've seen others use the vader defense before, it's not even close to the same. Luke is almost completely unaware of the things vader has done, and vader dies anyways so Luke is never forced to confront those sins.
>>
>>64618105
Han Solo in the OT:
>Supposed to say "I love you too" and other generic lines but ad libs "I know" and other memorable lines.
Han Solo in TFA:
>Says all the generic crap the script tells him to, including that cringe worthy and generic "emotional" moment with Ren and "We love you son, come back".
The only moment where it feels like the OT with him is when he pushes one of the gangsters in front of the squid.
>>
>>64618471
kek fucking REKT
>>
>>64618489

The idea that someone with eyes and who has used their hands before is going to kill themselves is pretty much nonsense. This is causalism at its worst.

It's a sword. It generates it's power in a specific way, but it's a sword. It works like a sword. It has some settings, but luckily for everyone in TFA, it wasn't on training power and no one needed to adjust the blade length.

Luke struggles with it because he's trying to block bolts while blindfolded. Anakin gets raped by Dooku because Dooku was one of the most talented sword fighters in Jedi history. Dooku raped everyone until Darth Sidious decided to fuck him over.

It's a fancy sword used by a cult. If the Kel Dorian monks used a special vibro sword of their own design, no one would circlejerk about it being so amazing.
>>
>>64618471
everything plays off of Lucas' imagination. he still had a heavy hand in dealing with ESB and probably had a say in almost every part of the creative process in that movie. star wars without lucas just doesn't work.
>>
>>64618471
I don't know if you're a lying millenial or have actually read these supposed scripts, either way Kasdan hasn't written anything significant outside of Raiders, Empire and ROTJ, while thats a great resume, its also over 20 years old. Everything he mostly handled by himself was good at best, garbage mostly

Nice deflection on plot devices. None of those things were integral to the movie, they were only created to move from point a to point b, lazy ass shortcuts, absolutely shit writing.
Luke basically became the top nigga in the universe, but one awful thing happens and he hides away for how many years? get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>64618625
>bolts
this the new buzzword now? any ways I can give you a loaded gun and you would still shot your dick off.
>>
>>64618625
You are dramatically underselling what Lightsabers were before TFA. A blade being weightless is far more significant then you think.

That means all the weight is in the hilt.

That means everytime you go to parry a blow, how will your hand know when to recoil to avoid slicing off your own damn face?

I could go into more specifics but seriously why do you want a Star Wars where lightsabers are no longer special and unique? You really want Stormtroopers just running around with lightsabers if they are able to swing a sword? Fuck that Star Wars verse.
>>
>>64618715
the idea of the blade being weightless wasn't something that happened until the prequels, where the fights all became boring sterile dance numbers. Nick Gillard is literally a dance instructor not a fencer
>>
>>64618105
That scene was so cringey. You could tell Harrison Ford was thinking "am I really going to have to pretend to be attracted to THAT and kiss... Mouth to mouth..?" Then he closes in, they lock eyes and as she's waiting for a kiss, he pulls her into a hug diverting and avoiding having to kiss. "Close fucking call".

I'm not even making this shit up. Ugh.
>>
File: Obi-Wan_Kenobi_SWGTCG.jpg (604 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Obi-Wan_Kenobi_SWGTCG.jpg
604 KB, 1600x1200
>>64618525

"Luke did I ever tell you about the time Vader destroyed the Jedi Knights, this religious order of warrior monks you only maybe have heard rumors or myths about if you were really paying attention or cared. Did I tell you how massive and important this group that has been systematically erased from history was, because if I didn't tell you that, the context would likely be lost on you for when I say Vader hunted down the Jedi I mean that he personally murdered hundreds of little children and turned on his best friends, destroying the very institution that had kept peace in the galaxy for a thousand years.

In summary, when I say he destroyed the Jedi Knights, I don't mean to suggest these Knights were some small group, but in fact a galatic power house, a religious order older than most of the things in the galaxy, that was vital to the well being of a political system that hasn't existed in your entire lifetime and which you would have little awareness of, being a simpleton water farmer on a backwoods planet."
>>
>>64618711

>bolts
>new buzzword

It's the technical term, look it up in one of those cross-section Star Wars books, kiddo.
>>
>>64618744
Even if the blades being weightless is no longer canon, its still fucking gay to have every nob be able to use a lightsaber just because they can swing a sword.

It totally takes away a major unique aspect that has made lightsabers so fucking cool.

Knowing that sabers can only be wielded by few and require a great deal of training to wield properly makes them an immensely cool melee weapon whereas the vast majority of melee weapons invented throughout fiction and in real life can be wielded easily (though obviously require a great deal of training to become proficient or master)
>>
>>64618634
No, Lucas offered concept and story ideas but he had the least to do with Empire, since he was on record as being deflated by SW after the disastrous production of a new hope.

>>64618647
First off Kasdan wrote the Big Fucking Chill which was excellent so don't forget that one. And you could make arguments that the Bodyguard and Wyatt Harp are good but I don't care for them all that much. My point being he's written more than Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and he went into semi retirement late 90's early 2000's.

As for Luke, its fairly in line with his characterization at the end of Jedi. He isn't completely devoted to the light side and has shown fear of being swayed. It makes sense for something as traumatic as the massacre of his school to send him not into hiding like most people are saying but into being a recluse.

Also we don't know the extent as to how Luke tried to stop Snoke and Kylo. He didn't just shrug his shoulders I can promise that
>>
>>64618744
You know when I was in bootcamp the m-16 was almost 9 pounds, and carrying it all day was a pain in the ass. After 3 months it became almost weightless. now go suck some dicks.
>>
I liked the movie. Not as much as the prequels. A lot more than the sequels. I don't poke holes, I just enjoy the ride.

Is that ok with you 4chan hackers?
>>
>>64618817
so the bowcaster is nothing but special ed.
>>
The worst part of TFA is that you get zero sense of what the galactic government is like after the empire. Watching this movie you'd think the only a few thousand stromtroopers and a couple dozen X-wing pilots are the only active powers in the galaxy. Retarded.

The Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi book series offer a much more interesting take on power struggles in a post-empire galaxy. The biggest threat isn't imperial remnants but corrupt and fascist elements within the republic itself.

Except Disney doesn't want tell stories about republic or go into any kind of political detail for fear of reminding people of the prequels. So instead we get rebellion 2.0 versus empire 2.0 even though it makes virtually no sense.
>>
>>64618872
>my experience dictates the rules of this fictional sci- fi fantasy universe
>>
>>64618843
>every nob

Finn used a lightsaber and got his ass kicked both times he tried to use it. Rey beat a heavily wounded and mentally unstable Kylo Ren because she used the Force, which, again, is about spirit and belief, not autistic midichlorian power levels that you have to go to 20 years of Yoda training school to master while living the loveless, sexless life of a monk
>>
It's very comparable to the F&F franchise. It's stupid but entertaining. Who needs logic anyways, it's a movie turn off your brain man.
>>
Plagueis > Snoke
Jacen Solo > Ben Solo
Thrawn > Hux

just sayin
>>
>>64618913
> more EU shit

Though I will agree the vague nature of the empire is a detriment. We're talking about a movie introducing a lot of concepts and ideas so meandering about the senate would probably be a bad idea.

That said I wpuld imagine the new republic taking more screen time in 8, maybe even developing its own agenda outside of the resistance and first order
>>
>>64618862
It tells us right in the movie that after it happens he goes searching for the first jedi temple.

I'm sorry but there's no way I can agree that the same guy who gets his hand cut off and wrecked by his dad without effort - then still goes on to face off against literally the two most powerful individuals in the entire galaxy. Luke didn't just go in to DS2.0 willy nilly. He was prepared to destroy the Death Star and everyone in it, including himself, if plan A failed. There's no way in hell that guy is the guy in TFA.
>>
>>64618913
>a bloo a bloo a bloo muh EU

yeah god why didn't they just adapt the Glove of Darth Vader? I would love to see Emperor Trioculus bid his subordinates Dark Greetings. Yeah, and the thrawn trilogy, so we can see a blue spaceman defeat his enemies by staring at paintings and make a clone named Luuke Skywalker!
>>
>>64618919
no fag but if you lift weights you keep putting more on after you get use to it. It's called conditioning and its the only way to make any of the movie fights make sense.
>>
>>64618949
I understand that the books were good. But come on man, just let it go. They are not going to use it. They will never use it.
>>
>>64618715

>a Star Wars where lightsabers are no longer special and unique

uh, that universe already existed before >Legends

Plenty of non-Force users and non-Jedi had been able to use lightsabers. Plenty of people used weapons that weren't sabers but used similar tech. The galaxy was full of that shit, how do you think Mandalorians created armor to resist it? Virbroaxes and shit will fuck someone up just as badly as a lightsaber.

Lightsabers are unique, and they are special in the hands of a trained Force user, but they aren't some unstoppable master weapon that wins every time.
>>
>>64618949
Hux was pretty good. I enjoyed him and kylo telling on each other to Papa Snoke.
he had a pretty goat speech, too.
>>
>People not understanding the political situation in TFA
what does being literally retarded feel like
>>
>>64618993
They just changed names and pretended that their former versions don't exist. The same stupid trick JJ did for Khan
>>
>>64619021
The opening crawl should have explained it better. But i didnt have any issur understanding
>>
>>64618995
>but they aren't some unstoppable master weapon that wins every time.
I don't want them to be that weapon, but I don't want randos being able to pick them up and wield them at all.. Obviously its personal preference but the idea of lightsaber blades being weightless is a lot fucking cooler then lightsabers just being glowing swords.
>>
>>64618969
It wouldn't be hard. Just replace the shitty resistance base with an HQ on the republic homeworld. Cameos from Mon Mothma and Ackbar in high ranking government positions.
>>
>>64618105
People who like the OT enjoyed the Force Rehashed because it was basically just IV and V.
But it isnt really Star Wars, Lucas is still alive, and JewJew and Disney made their own movie. Regardless of who owns the franchise, its not really Star Wars if Lucas didnt make it or at the very least have some creative influence.

Disney will probably reboot in 10 years when people realize how bad this movie is, being hyped in the theaters is way different than watching it at home.
I actually enjoyed DKR in theaters but realized how bad it was when I watched it on DVD
>>
>>64619032
>>64619032
Just changed names? You could have expected they would build the new movies on the Skywalker, Solo legacy. Are people really comparing Into Darkness with TFA?

Sure some things are not explained and Kylo Ren is emo. But the movie was more than okay. I am excited about episode VIII.
>>
>>64619032
We don't know enough about Snoke to make a judgment call on him

Ben Solo and Jacen Solo have nothing in common besides

Hux is an infinitely more interesting character than blue spaceman Mary Tzu

>Alien admiral in the extremely racist empire
>is such an amazing commanding officer he's better than everyone if only he was in charge he'd have defeated the Rebels!
>defeats enemies by examing the artwork of their culture, this translates into military strategy
>he doesn't kill subordinates who fail him because he's such a good and nice guy :^)

Thawn is a meme
>>
>>64618920
>not autistic midichlorian power levels that you have to go to 20 years of Yoda training school to master while living the loveless, sexless life of a monk

She was the only character to use it overtly with no training and it only being mentioned to her once. Even in a new hope Obi wan is the only one to sense Alderaan being destroyed.
>>
>>64619043
This i agree with, opening crawl was terrible. However if you have any knowledge of real life politics, especially regarding cold war, you should have no trouble understanding the political situation from the movie itself.
>>
>>64618993
they don't have to follow the books but they DO have to meet the bar that they set
>>
>>64619021
All we know is a faceless republic secretly funds a tiny ass resistance while they are in a cold war with the first order and somehow are unaware of the literally planet sized WMD they spent countless years and magical resources building

That's fucking garbage.
>>
>>64618978
I mean a lot can happen in the time between Jedi and TFA, enough for an older man to become disillusioned with the ways of the jedi, not unlike Obi Wan at the end if Sith. Its vague now but for all intents and purposes Luke has been disillusioned with the ways of the force for a while, which makes sense. His nephew defects and kills everything he worked for, after spending all that time staving off the dark side himself can be what convinces him that the force is more trouble than its worth.

Its an important distinction that it was his own flesh and blood that destroyed everything and not just some padawan.

>>64618990
Which fights? The ones in thr prequels or the ones in the OT and TFA?
>>
>>64618913

Well, in Disney's defense, the retarded meme reaction to the Prequels proves that most people just want explosions and Boba Fett and the good guys to win.

No one wants to be transported to another universe or bother thinking about how things work. That is and always will be the domain of the geeks.

It would be nice if Disney didn't also fuck over the geeks and shit all over the EU, but you can't blame them for making cookie cutter nonsense. All those redletter whatever bullshit assholes just want their childhood good-vs-evil, teddy bears vs Nazi movies to be remade.
>>
the autistic manchildren who like TFA are not real Star Wars fans.
>>
>>64619089
It was better than The Phantom Menace. Trade federations? Taxing?
>>
>events of ROTJ get rendered meaningless
like what? The war wasn't over until Lucas edited that into the special edition rerererelease.
>>
>>64619068
I honestly wouldn't care if TFA woulda been bad had it not shit all over E1-E6 events and characters. I would have just shrugged it off as oh well.
>>
>>64619103
>Which fights? The ones in thr prequels or the ones in the OT and TFA?
every fight from all the movies. can be rationalized by someones conditioning.
>>
>>64618986
The EU had some stinkers but it does a better job building on the history of the universe than TFA
>>
>>64618715

You don't understand how actual sword fighting works. Movie sword fighting doesn't resemble real sword fighting. If lightsabers were real they would be used in the style of a small sword. Think of it like a fencing style where the blade is always extended and pointed at the opponent and footwork plays more of a role than sword contact.

There's no reason why a lightsaber couldn't be used by someone who knows how to use a sword if we were to follow through completly in applying real world logic to a science fantasy movie.
>>
I think /tv/ is a living meme. No matter what Jew Jew did, 4chan would have hated it. I thought the movie was more than okay. The hype is a bit to big. But that's just the retarded social media times we live in. I think (hope) episode VIII wil resolve more questions.
>>
>>64619098
The only complaint in your post is that they do not know about starkiller.

Galaxy is fucking huge, and first order is within the unmapped regions. Republic would have to spend enormous resources infiltrating or scouting First Order, and they probably didnt want to risk turning the cold war into real one.

I mean you could even argue that they could know about it but decided to ignore it in line with appeasment policy.
>>
>>64619071
>Ben and Jacen had nothing in common.
>same retard obsession with Anakin
>same student who turns on Luke
>same first born son of Han and Leia.
>>
>>64619154
A vast series of books do a better job explaining a detail than a single movie

Come on
>>
>>64618949

>Thrawn > Hux

>Thrawn taking any bullshit from some emo wannabe
>Thrawn losing StarKiller because of some Death-Star tier engineering
>Thrawn losing any engagement to a dozen X-Wings without any support

"No"
>>
>>64619162
>being happy about that stupid TURD we got

For 200 millions dollars I'd expect much more, with much less bullshit diversity and faggotry.
>>
>>64618105
>>events of ROTJ get rendered meaningless
how so?
>>characters we love are all raped
at least no jar jar. also no rape.
>>han became a piece of shit father and leaves his only love in the universe
sometimes the things you love you set free but i wouldn't expect a shut-in virgin like you to understand that
>>same guy who risked everything in a fight he had no interest in
what's your point?
>>Luke ran away like a pussy after darth emo somehow murders everyone
narrative but okay. we don't know much about ren and luke's backstory yet. not enough to shit on it (unless we are autistic ofc. and you are)
>>same guy who faced down the two most powerful individuals in the entire galaxy
uhhhh... no
>>leia a shriveled up old hag leading a pitiful group of 'resistance' forgives son for murdering countless innocents
age does things to women unfortunately. let's see how you look in 40 years
>>same person who did not cower in the face of the terrifying vader
so what
>>lightsabers being crazy unique completely raped for the sake of a movie poster
i don't understand this at all. neither do you. the only person i can possibly think of with a "unique" sabre is Darth Maul.
>>rape of the force mythos essentially renders the struggles and obstacles jedis and sith have dealt with for thousands of years
renders the past struggles of jedis... what? jesus at least finish your fucking shitty thoughts or proofread your posts you stupid nigger
>>
>>64619164
Galaxy is huge yet we got the embarrassingly sparse TFA, lacking all the visual flair of the OS, irony to defend your comment that way.

Even then that ds3.0 somehow one shots their planets in probably the worst affront to logic throughout all of star wars.
>>
>>64619211
So Thrawn sucks because he's competent?
>>
>>64619130
Its because they arent his creations, he wanted them in the movie necause they would bring in money but basically he wanted to make his own thing. Unfortunately JewJew lacks any creativity or sense of world building. Also we see his heroes are flawless and amazing but Lucas's are weak and scared.

They should have given him a project like Rogue One where he could make a generic action movie full of ethnics.
>>
>>64619113

NOW THIS IS UNIVERSE BUILDING
>>
What does Starkiller base do when the planet's system runs out suns?
>>
>>64619245
I am not defending the movie per se, i actually did not like it that much. I thought we are talking about the political situation, which i believe TFA and new EU handled pretty well.
>>
>>64619242
Have you even watched the original saga? You seem like TFA is your first or maybe only star wars movie...
>>
>>64619270
i guess they move on to a new star? wow great plot hole you found there captain autismo
>>
>>64619269
Attack of the Clones expanded the Star Wars universe way more than TFA
>>
>>64619236
You guys over exaggerate sooooo much. It was better than the prequels. The sets looked good, the actors were likable enough, story was meh I give you that. Money don't say shit. Do you really sit in the cinema like: 'This movie costed 300 million!!!1!' If that really is the case, you take this way to serious.
>>
>>64619295
I'm not saying it's a plot hole I'm literally just asking out of curiosity

I don't think a planet can move on to a new solar system tho
>>
>>64619288
but it isn't. i have seen star wars over 10 times each film including VII
>>
>>64619270
it was literally explained in a movie
they move to anoter system
>>
>>64619297
How is that inherently a good thing? Clone is the dumbest piece of shit
>>
>>64619297
Multiple seasons expaned more than one movie?

Get out of here!
>>
>>64619304

It was better than TPM, sure. Not better than RoS, maybe better than TCW because of practical effects.
>>
>>64619278
They could have spent like 2 minutes to make things clear in the movie.

Even then, the republic is so faceless that how could anyone give a fuck they all just died? At least with Alderaan dies we get reactions from Leia and Obi-Wan.

I get it, they wanted to avoid political whining but jeez.

Also why is the new republic even in a cold war, how does the first order possibly have the resources to instigate a cold war, etc etc
>>
>>64619330
Who would have thought?
>>
>>64619330
Whoah, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones had multiple seasons?
>>
>>64619320
"they" move on to a new star. as in they literally pick their shit up and move base to a system with a viable star/energy source
>>
>>64619357

Movie and like two tv series dude
>>
>>64619357
only in the headcanon of sexless weebs
>>
>>64619347
Maybe better than TCW? Maybe?
Come on, man.
>>
The aliens were horrible in TFA. This offended me, and im not even a fan.
>>
>>64619360
So they gotta install the canon on a new planet? Interesting.
>>
>>64619389
or they can move to a planet and dominate the dominant species and force them to build a weapon
>>
>>64619383
I cringe so hard everytime I see the singing CGI alien at Jabba's place, in ROTJ.
Nothing is horrible after that shit.
>>
>>64619236
>with much less bullshit diversity and faggotry.
oh hey reddit, i didn't see you there
>>
>>64619347
It's really not better then any of the PT. The PT has a bunch of flaws but every movie greatly expands the universe with new lore and locations, which TFA did NOTHING of.

Also, Obi and Sheev actors > entire cast of TFA
>>
File: 1452229315824.jpg (42 KB, 480x622) Image search: [Google]
1452229315824.jpg
42 KB, 480x622
>>64619437
>calls out reddit
>reddit loves diversity
>>
>>64619425

thats your fault for watching the "enhanced" Lucas versions. retard.
>>
>>64619352
Rebellion/New Republic managed to take like half of Empire's worlds, however that was at a reat cost. And empire turned rest of their panets into fortresses. So instead of wasting enormous resources trying to take planet by planet, New Republic just formed harsh peace with remnants of the empire (now first order).

Really, what happens between VI and VII is metaphor for interwar Germany. Much like First Order, Germany lost sizeable portion of its' territory, it had to pay reparations, the peace treaty forced them to cut down their military and so on. Yet they managed to fuck up everyone's shit few decades later.

So to answer your question, at first the new republic simply didnt bother with remnants of the empire because they were not a threat. By the time they actually become a threat new republic is too much of a demilitarized bureucratic mess that the best they can do is support a small resistance force, and that is ony because rebellion's former leadership is responsible for that.

Regarding the resources thing, keep in mind first order stil controls large chunk of galaxy, even if it arent the core worlds.
>>
>>64619447
This means absolutely jack shit if the basic elements of your movie, from the chracters to the plot to the directing and writing (the whole point of what you're watching) is horrible shit.
>>
>>64619447
you are pitting the likeness of literal stage actors of the highest degree (chris lee, neeson, mcgregor, mcdiarmid) vs a cast of fresh faces and comparing the two.

congratulations you are a fucking retard
>>
>>64619447
Well that settles the discussion than. If you truly believe that we can stop right now.
>>
>>64619486
But TFA is shit in all those regards too you dumb fuck
>>
>>64619473
>he doesn't get the joke
i think you belong on reddit too
>>
>>64619352
Empire wasn't completely destroyed just defeated.

Also its not much of a cold war, republic refused to acknowledge first order as a threat. First Order was building up militarily during a time of peace.
>>
>>64619412
It would have been cool to see alien slave labor in TFA...
>>
>>64619515
Its leagues above any of the prequel movies you underaged nostagia tripping faggot
>>
>>64619304
>the sets looked good,
Except Jakku, not at all !
It was really really really meh, Subpar as fuck.

>actors likeable
well no
Finn was better than I'd expected, i give you that. Poe was good, only too little screen time.
Rest was shit.

>money doesn't matter
It's a symbol. Do you know how many directors/screenwritters out there in the wild would KILL to have such budget?
This movie was screaming "We have shitloads of money and FUCK YOU we do whatever we want and you cant do anything about it, look at us ruining everything lmao"
>>
>>64619483
Yeah, that stuffs fine then honestly. Problem is, shouldn't HAVE to read EU stuff to know that in the movie. Hell, make the crawl longer if politics trigger you so much y'kno.
>>
>>64619486
Underated post.

Lore is there to expand the base, if the basic elements suck or are non-existent, what good is lore?
>>
>>64619530
Im saying both the preqels and tfa are utter shite you dumb strawmanning faggot
>>
>>64619527
rey was an alien sold in to labor to alien scrappers bruh
who knows what other services she was forced into
>>
>>64618105
Han and leia splitting was actually explained well. It wasn't because Han was a sack of shit who wanted to sleep around. It was because kylo turned to the dark side and leia and Han couldn't cope so turned to what they did best, smuggling and diplomacy. It was both their way of dealing with it, both by running. It's sad but quite realistic.

I do agree however with how TFA basically made RotJ redundant was crap.
>>
>>64619504
They shouldn't have casted such shit fresh faces then. They shoulda called over Marvel's casting director for some god damn help bitch. Even if you despise the cape movies, Marvel is great at casting.

>>64619506
Another PT hivemind hater? congratulations
>>
>>64619545
And I'm saying you're wrong. All that changes is that you're not nostalgic at all but still a faggot
>>
>>64619545
If you truly believe that, why do you keep seeing the movies? Why give the Disney jews more money? Genuine question.
>>
>>64619566
>Marvel's casting director for some god damn help bitch. Even if you despise the cape movies, Marvel is great at casting.
thanks reddit i will keep that in mind
>>
>>64619383

>movie takes place across entire galaxy
>humans are the only ones who do anything

Thank Based Lucas for at least adding some great alien characters to the Prequels.
>>
>>64619582
how the fuck was i supposed to know that tfa would be bad before i watched it?
>>
>>64619540
Without Lore, Star Wars wouldn't be talked about right now you god damn plebs

>>64619562
Oh I know the explanation, I just don't agree with it at all. Leia and Han were too strong of characters to be broken so throughly. Even then, why did they not chase after their son sooner? It's just awful writing.
>>
>>64619566
> implying a hivemind is necessary for people to agree that the prequels suck

Is there a hivemind mentality required for every universally reviled movie?
>>
>>64619566
No there are certain things in the PT I really enjoyed. Darth Maul, ROTS, Sheev. I even liked podracing. But they are terrible movies.I just think TFA is way better in the basics.
>>
>>64618920
If you weren't such a fucking retarded faggot you would know that the Jedi don't actually practice celibacy, they only practice not getting attatched, Ki Adi Mundi or whatever his name was had like 5 wives and a shit load of kids because his race was going extinct, the Jedi aren't allowed to form attatchments if you can have sex with out getting attatched (which I assume is a hard idea to process for your perma virgin faggot brain) then it's allowed.
>>
>>64619596
The prequels and TFA suck. So you just hate in Star Wars in general? The OT were just a George Lucas fluke?
>>
>>64619611
Confirmed for an underaged retard. Or do you honestly believe that Star Wars became a world wide phenomenon because of the EU expanded universe nonsense and not because of the characters and stories?
>>
>>64619612
Vast majority of Pt haters can be summed up as saying 'jar jar, cgi, anakin derp derp awful awful'. So yeah, bunch of hivemind faggots mostly.

>>64619626
There are plenty of movies better in the basics, but you already forgot them long ago. For all PTs faults you will remember them because they still gave us incredible sights of imagination. The Star Trek movies by JJ are a perfect example of this, next to no one brings them up unless talking about JJ.
>>
>>64619626
>I just think TFA is way better in the basics.
Convoluted and unfocused plot
Unlikeable, undeveloped characters
Half the dialogue is quips
Cinematography is mediocre
Effects are really the only decent part

What basics are you implying TFA does good? The ADD explosion fundamental?=
>>
>>64619646
>If you weren't such a fucking retarded faggot for not knowing about autistic eu non canon shit
>>
>>64619650
The monomyth makes movies like this succesfull. LOTR, Star Wars, the fucking bible. Sure lore is great and all. But the basics define the story. The basics in TFA were good. It build a good foundation for episode VIII
>>
>>64618105
>>lightsabers being crazy unique completely raped for the sake of a movie poster
did you forget the bit where Han used a lightsaber in ESB.
Only 3 people used them in TFA, and the one who didn't have a force connection was also shit at using it, getting his ass handled to him by a(n absolutely based) stormtrooper and a guy that should have been in triage.
>>
>>64618489
>you wouldn't know where the blade is"

This is seriously the dumbest shit and it keeps being brought up.

You can fucking see the blade and you know where it's coming out of the hilt.

How the fuck do you think torches and flash lights work if you supposedly can't tell where the beam is because lights weightless.

Serious, stop and think about how stupid you sound.
>>
>>64619650
The fuck? Lore doesn't just mean the expanded universe, are you retarded? Theres a ton of lore directly in every OT and PT movie. The force, sith, jedi, lightsabers, hoth, tattooine, cantina, cloud city, millenium falcon, on and on, these are all lore you god damn retard.
>>
>>64619667
Unlikeable characters? Well that's like your opinion man. Are you sure you are not confused with Age of Ultron?
>>
>>64619626
They had some bad actors and Anakin's character development felt rushed in the third movie.

I wouldn't call them terrible movies.
>>
>>64619659
Besides the fact that the things you mentioned are considered to be shit to different degrees, how do those complaints negate the overall consensus that those movies are failures?
>>
>>64619683
>getting his ass handled to him by a(n absolutely based) stormtrooper
when i saw it the first time in theaters i admittedly scoffed for a second and i didn't think that he would be so well received. i am glad however to see that generally people like "traitor!: riot-trooper" and his force repelling gear
>>
>>64618584
He's had a 30 year relationship with leia and you still want him to react indifferent to her? You want zero character growth?

Fuck he changed from ESB to the end of RotJ enough that he wouldn't just say "I know " by that point.

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>64619667
>Convoluted and unfocused plot
>Unlikeable, undeveloped characters
>Half the dialogue is quips
>Cinematography is mediocre
>Effects are really the only decent part

Yes.
>>
>>64619683
Han is visibly uncomfortable merely USING the lightsaber. Wielding is an entirely different ballgame
>>64619680
>good foundation
Sorry but no, overpowered rey, awful villain, Rian Johnson will have to pull off the greatest subtle retcon in the history of cinema to make e8 good.

>>64619689
Seeing the blade ain't gonna mean shit when you move it to your peripheral or are just purely in combat. What kind of idiot would watch their own weapon in combat? that's just asking to get killed
>>
>>64619720
They were ok. Enjoyable. TFA for me, was more than enjoyable. Not super great. There's always a silver lining. Except on /tv/
>>
>>64619720
>Anakin's character development felt rushed in the third movie.
Watch it again. It wasn't rushed, he just turned foe a different reason than people had in their headcanon, so they got butthurt. It was out if fear instead of anger.
If you think he just randomly goes bad when he cuts off Windu's hand, than you didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>64619659
>Vast majority of Pt haters can be summed up as saying 'jar jar, cgi, anakin derp derp awful awful'. So yeah, bunch of hivemind faggots mostly.

You forgot midichlorians.
>>
I'm out. You fuckers can go eat a digital mango.
>>
>>64619700

Did you read the post linked? Because this was what was initially said.

>Lore is there to expand the base, if the basic elements suck or are non-existent, what good is lore?

A light saber and the force on their own means jack shit, its the characters that people relate and attach themselves to that give those concepts any meaning
>>
>>64618715
The fact that the weight is all in the hilt makes it a shit load easier to control.

You've obviously never actually tried swinging something like a stick compared to an axe

>how will you hands know to recoil and blah blah
Your hands don't know shit, what the fuck are you on about. Your hands just exert an opposing force to recoil, if there's recoil your hands stop it from bouncing back depending on how you grip the hilt.
>>
>>64619766
Always confuses me that people didn't understand he went sith to protect padme because of his vision, it was almost completely fear. It morphs into anger after hes basically high af on the dark side
>>
>>64619779
no one cares
>>
>>64618891
Are you saying
>prequel trilogy > force awakens > empire strikes back and return of the Jedi
?
Because if so, no, that's not OK, that's completely crazy.
>>
>>64619779
don't let the reddit hit you on your way out faggot
>>
>>64618843
What made lightsaber a cool were the design of lightsaber a themselves.

It's always been that they are simply more deadly in the hands of a Jedi.
>>
>>64619798
>It morphs into anger after hes basically high af on the dark side

Instant personality change due to dark side is the problem.
>>
>>64619796
You answered your own idiocy via
>your hands just exert an opposing force to recoil, if there's recoil your hands stop it from bouncing back depending on how you grip the hilt.

If you can't grasp why a weightless blade would matter, then youre honestly just dumb
>>
>>64619669

>Hey look how cool I am for not knowing things I am talking about

No one cares, you casual shit.

Either read up and get autism or fuck off back to Rotten Tomatoes
>>
>story was about Luke acting like a huge faggot hiding on a rock with a map leading to it
>only bump on the road was blowing up Death Star 3 and beating Darth Vader 2

That is the story they came up with, having 200 millions dollars in the bank and a change of screewritter.

JUST
>>
>>64619722

>muh overall consensus

You are so deep in the Plinkett hivemind you don't even realize it. Sad really.
>>
>>64619894
>muh plinkett boogie man

Wow I'm embarrassed for you kid
>>
>>64619845
There was no personality change.

Are people too dumb for a summer movie?

He ficks up and kills Windu in the heat of the moment, realizes he's screwed but still wants nothinv more than to save Padme, so he cracks. He kills the younglings, and by the time Padme gets to Mustafar, he's gone gone so far into justification and delusion that he can't be saved.
Choking Padme shows that Anakin Skywalker was killed by a puplil of mine who turned to evil".
The dark side overwrote his love for Padme in his anger.
But when he's not filmed with hate, he's filled with grief- crying on Mustafar and asking about Padme after he's in the suit.
>>
>>64619730

If that scene was in one of the Prequels, we'd never hear the end of it.

Smartasses would have laughed in the theaters and there would be a million reviews of how stupid it was.

JJ does it and Snapchat falls in love
>>
>>64619957
>Is social media stronger?
>No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive.
>>
>>64618471
That guy never said anything about jews you retard, why are you trying to defend a mediocore movie this hard
>>
>>64619889

>muh orphans and friendship
>muh implied gay love
>muh heartbreaking loss of old hero
>muh heroic easy-to-make-into-a-toy character

Toy Story 4: The Force Awakens

Disney knows exactly what they are doing.
>>
It was just not a smart movie, even if you ignore all the cinematic problems and diversity issues. The story was just awful.
>>
>>64619211

>>64619071
>Hux is an infinitely more interesting character than blue spaceman Mary Tzu
>Alien admiral in the extremely racist empire
>is such an amazing commanding officer he's better than everyone if only he was in charge he'd have defeated the Rebels!
>defeats enemies by examing the artwork of their culture, this translates into military strategy
>he doesn't kill subordinates who fail him because he's such a good and nice guy :^)
>Thawn is a meme

While Empire is most compose of Humans, the Chis race is generally human looking other than skin color.

He's good and interesting admiral in that he thinks differently in ways of governing and executing orders compared to way Sheev or Vader would of done it. I think that's why people like him as he's a villain handled in a differently manner and context. One of the other interesting aspect is his status relationship between himself and his subordinates. You brought up "he doesn't kill subordinates who fail him because he's such a good and nice guy :^)" It's not so much he's a "nice guy" but as in that he guide and teach his subordinates in the tactical methods and ways and his decisions.

Appearance wise I can see the Thrawn similarities with Hux with the neatly combed hair, well dress uniform and non jedi/sith leader but in terms of personality, relationship with others, and his tactical mind set, it's way different.
>>
All you fags need to get the fuck over George Mucas.
Yes he had the original concept but its been documented how much input he had from others to create OT. Clearly shown in PT behind the scenes footage is how he really doesnt have any emotional investment in the series or understanding of what he was A PART of creating. Anything he would of made now story, or otherwise, would of been fucking horrendous. Prove me wrong and tell me the last production he contributed to which was successful not the OT
>>
>>64618647

To be fair, literally, and I mean literally, everything George Lucas has written is utter shite.
>>
>>64620283
This.
>>
>>64620283
Riiiiight
>Star Wars possibly biggest franchise of all time
>Indiana Jones one of the most well known and loved franchises of all time
So awful
>>
>>64620243
>Prove me wrong and tell me the last production he contributed to which was successful not the OT
Indiana Jones, retard.
>>
>>64620417
Disqualified by crystal skull fuckwit
Better hop in your fridge midiclorian the fuck off
>>
>>64618105
Stay mad faggot

There's about 100 more films coming so lube your pretty little butthole up for that big black Disney dick.
>>
>>64618189
>Yeah, the guy who wrote Yoda in ESB (unarguably the best movie of the franchise) clearly has no grasp of the Force, clearly he should have taken prequel and EU bullshit into consideration
>He can't phone it in like everyone else did
>>
>>64620622
>>Yeah, the guy who wrote Yoda in ESB
Source?

>(unarguably the best movie of the franchise)
>unarguably
objectively false
>>
>>64620666
Why are you replying me when you'll just quote the parts I quoted from someone else?
>>
>>64620703
Because I just got up and didn't read the thread.
>>
>>64620756
That's fine man. Hope the coffee's good.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.