[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Aww, you gotta be kidding me!" >"Droid,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: finn.jpg (82 KB, 795x530) Image search: [Google]
finn.jpg
82 KB, 795x530
>"Aww, you gotta be kidding me!"
>"Droid, PLEASE!"
>"The Storm troopers mask filters out smoke, not toxins"
>"Woooo!!"
>"Did you see that?!"
What did Finn mean by these?

>"That BB-8 unit has a very important special mission for the alliance, a map leading to Luke Skywalker - the whole galaxy is after that"
Thank you for ham-fisting that expository dialogue, I hadn't been paying attention.

Moments after admitting that he has never even shot from a tie fighter before:
>"Fly low, it confuses their targeting"

Is it just me, or is Finn the worst character ever conceived? He was programmed since birth
>literally never even had a NAME
and somehow comes out with a quippy personality that you would expect out of some cape-shit movie.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (19 KB, 213x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
19 KB, 213x200
>>64385522
>>
>>64385522
JUST TURN OFF UR BRAIN BRO L0L
>>
File: 1451515790467.gif (3 MB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
1451515790467.gif
3 MB, 300x258
>>64385522
The only problem with those first lines is "droid, please." The rest of them are totally fine.

>"That BB-8 unit has a very important special mission for the alliance, a map leading to Luke Skywalker - the whole galaxy is after that"

Many people indeed weren't.

>Moments after admitting that he has never even shot from a tie fighter before:

He's a trained Stormtrooper, of course he would be generally familiar with the basic shortcomings of the Empire's most important Starfighter.

>: finn.jpg (82 KB, 795x530)
82 KB
Anonymous 01/02/16(Sat)10:25:17 No.64385522▶>>64385602 >>64385976
>"Aww, you gotta be kidding me!"
>"Droid, PLEASE!"
>"The Storm troopers mask filters out smoke, not toxins"
>"Woooo!!"
>"Did you see that?!"
What did Finn mean by these?

Thank you for ham-fisting that expository dialogue, I hadn't been paying attention.

Moments after admitting that he has never even shot from a tie fighter before:

>Is it just me, or is Finn the worst character ever conceived? He was programmed since birth
>literally never even had a NAME
>and somehow comes out with a quippy personality that you would expect out of some cape-shit movie.

Those aren't quips. They're jokes, informed by character, that come about organically as part of the situation they're in. A quip and a joke are not the same thing. Whedon does quips, Kasdan does not.

He was programmed for birth ergo he can't make jokes? The Stormtrooper's are people who live together and talk to each other. Even if they're raised to love the First Order and hate the Republic entirely, it's simply not possible to make them all inhuman robots. Child soldiers make jokes too, you know.

It's fine if you didn't like the movie, but these criticisms are not valid.
>>
>>64385522
>>"Aww, you gotta be kidding me!"
>>"Droid, PLEASE!"
>>"The Storm troopers mask filters out smoke, not toxins"
>>"Woooo!!"
>>"Did you see that?!"
>What did Finn mean by these?

Do you not know how to read or something? What's wrong?
>>
>>64385522
Lad, you are complaining about things that had nothing to do with the movie being bad.
>>
>>64385522
I never shot from a F-15 and I know they don't fly well underwater.
>>
I think the problem with Finn is that in an earlier version of the script the characters Finn and Poe were a new original character called Poe Dameron. And then for some reason they decided to add Boyega to the film by having him take Poe's place after the crashed TIE fighter.

Not that it would have made the dialogue better, but it might have been more believable to have the dashing pilot say those things than the indoctronated child soldier.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 450x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 450x627
>No Han, it was Snoke! He turned our son to the dark side.
>>
>>64385522
>The Storm troopers mask filters out smoke, not toxins

Shit-posting aside this really bothered me. I work in a chemistry lab and I know there are particle masks, actual toxin filter masks for various things and a whole load of other PPE shit. But given the stormtrooper mask is so big, alters the voice, and can allow them to operate in some very harsh conditions, what basis is there possibly to say this?

Was Fin shitposting IRL?
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 355x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 355x293
>>64386451
>yfw Finn actually was a big deal in the resistance and wasnt actually a stormtrooper
>>
File: taco.gif (813 KB, 300x231) Image search: [Google]
taco.gif
813 KB, 300x231
>>64385522
I find it disturbing that no one has shooped a taco in this image
>>
File: 1448113358569.jpg (169 KB, 479x450) Image search: [Google]
1448113358569.jpg
169 KB, 479x450
>>
>filters smoke, not toxins
>can be used in vacuum
>>
Just because he's an indoctrinated soldier doesn't mean he doesn't have a personality. The Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers both small talked.
>>
>>64386346
I mean they could include Finn, but you know, have him be a realistic child solider. One who is all about self preservation and doesn't immediately take up a quest to save the galaxy and have a charming and quipping personality as soon as he decides to make a break for it.
>>
>>64386691
As best as I can tell, OT Stormtroopers are just regular dudes who either volunteered, or were conscripted, so that makes sense. The clone thing really bothers me, though. The movies kind of hint at it with Commander Cody, but the Clone Wars series makes it a point to explicitly show the clones as having unique personalities and identities. The "good guys" used an army of brainwashed slaves to do their fighting for them, while the "bad guys" used disposable robots, but it's ok, because said slaves were grown in pods.

Anakin was right. From my point of view, the Jedi ARE evil.
>>
>>64386160
>He was programmed for birth ergo he can't make jokes? The Stormtrooper's are people who live together and talk to each other.

Yes, being "programmed" usually implies little deviation from a standard. Therefore, no uniqueness. Therefore, no personality. Therefore, does not have a sense of humor.

Are you literally retarded anon?
>>
>>64387053
the jedi had nothing to do with the clone creation and it was the republic who force the jedi to become generals in the war, they just did what they thought it was best for the republic

From my point of view jedi are passive retards who can't see beyond their nose, but not actually evil
>>
>>64385522
Its not photoshopped? wtf
>>
>>64385522
>>"The Storm troopers mask filters out smoke, not toxins"
Why?
>>
>>64387266
To be affected by that gas the were going to release.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.